Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Jenny chapter 64 . 1/4/2011
Oh, if only the Anita Blake books were that rational! Thanks, I needed the laugh.
The Bellmaker chapter 64 . 1/4/2011
You seriously need to write a full rational Lord of the Rings fic. That was made of sheer amazing.

All of these were good. But that...just wow.
Nightwind90 chapter 64 . 1/4/2011
Rather nice to see what happens when you take even a fraction of the thought that went into the original story and play with some of the other big names.

The Lord of the Rationality has a ring of a different power, but even in a short story has the change in power level matched by a smart enough foe.

The Witch and the Wardrobe comes to a slightly odd punchline that happens to ring true in a way the original book never quite did.

Having not read much of Anita Blake it took me a little while to comprehend Erdos in Chains, but luckily Blake numbers are eternal.

Thundersmarts, this MUST be after the first season when they'd recovered some of the lost tech, but honestly if they could get there in the first place they shouldn't be stuck fighting hand to hand.

And as for twilight... if only the original had been half as smart.
Jamie J chapter 64 . 1/4/2011
Fantastic all around; others have already commented on Blake/Erdos, but even the Fermat reference had me almost falling out of my seat laughing! :) By the way, you might want to consider publishing that "Lord of the Rationality" intro as a standalone piece; between its brevity and the popularity of the source material, I could see it acting as a nice gateway to getting people to read MoR.
Reader chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
Interesting twist would be to use Bellatrix's belief that Harry Potter is the Dark Lord to use Bellatrix's power to defeat "the impostor" - the actual Dark Lord.
Faranda chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
Hogwarts sweet Hogwarts ! Isn't it good to get back to school after a trip at sea ?

Personnally I don't think it's Hogwarts that has a problem : it's any wizarding or muggle school which allows some random boy with round glasses and messy hair to get within ten miles of its wards...

Happy new year !
Reader chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
The obvious: Harry Potter should ask Dumbledore what reasons he has for believing that Dark Lord is alive (point out the bias: Dumbledore uses the escape of Bellatrix to strengthen his point of view without considering any other hypothesis). Dumbledore had these reasons before escape of Bellatrix. Point out to Dumbledore that the best defence is offence, and spending time doesn't help them to defeat the Dark Lord.

(Note: Dumbledore weaseled out of this question before by saying that Harry wants immortality for himself)

Ask Quirrell why he thinks that Dark Lord isn't alive. Point out that creating any plausible impostor takes time and will not stand close scrutiny, while also distracting Harry Potter from the real danger.

I hope that Quirrell isn't Voldemort. Quirrell pretends to be wiser than the Dark Lord, but at the same time Quirrell pushes Harry to take political power over Britain. What are Quirrell's goals? Don't reply, it will not be interesting.

Quirrell may say that proving that Dark Lord is dead will take too much time, and in the end people will ask who helped Bellatrix to escape. Point out that if Dark Lord is dead, Bellatrix will not be able to torture anybody, not in the name of Dark Lord, and thus will be forgotten, in the relief of knowing the alarm was false, the Dark Lord is dead; and if Dark Lord isn't dead, Bellatrix is of less interest, only as a weapon taken away from his hands.

Use reference of Bellatrix to Dark Lord's wand, if it is possible without arousing suspicions about source of information.

Don't forget about Quirrell's promise to have a play without Snitch, giving House Cup to Rawenclaw and Slytherin at the same time.

Very fascinating reading.
JudgeMingus chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
Thanks for the new installment - just in time for my birthday!
reader chapter 5 . 1/4/2011
one word brilliant,if all fails you could make it as a comedian haha a fine one at that:)
Peregrinate chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
AN UPDATE!

That just made my day. Thank you.
Rue chapter 2 . 1/4/2011
I have nothing useful to say on the story, but I want to share that I got into a fight with my first grade teacher since she didn't know what a negative number was. She just insisted 5-6 couldn't be done. Not only to me, but to my parents. *shakes head*
12763457 chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
I like the observations of harry becoming more mature. I was glad harry decided to wait and think on Quirrel's plan this time. Very excited that your back from your break!
Guile chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
Ha! Peter Pevensie was a Gryffindor.

It's a little sad Harry's losing what little childishness remains, but what the hell - completely in-character for the lad.
foudebassan chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
Thank you for writing!
wisecurledqueen chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
You have returned! And I love the fanfics you recommended, definetly checking those out. And what a great chapter. I think I see what Quirrel is trying to do... awesome. So awesome. Thank you so much!

-curledruler
30,232 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,320 1,327 1,328 1,329 1330 1,331 1,332 1,333 1,340 .. Last Next »