Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Sook03 chapter 7 . 12/4/2010
I can't wait for him to meet Hermione.
Sook03 chapter 6 . 12/4/2010
A meeting of intellectuals- Harry will meet his contemporary.
Sook03 chapter 5 . 12/4/2010
He sounds like my niece only male.
Sook03 chapter 4 . 12/4/2010
God love him.
Sook03 chapter 3 . 12/4/2010
I adore your version of Harry.
Sook03 chapter 2 . 12/4/2010
My niece would have petted her.
Sook03 chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
Hermione and Harry would have such wonderful, brilliant conversations.

Who could ask for anything more?
Arachne chapter 63 . 12/4/2010
You should congratulate yourself, Mr. Yudkowsky, your writings have commanded the full bulk of my attentions for the last 48hrs. I am being entirely truthful when I say that Not Many can succeed in that - You've entered the company of Tolkien, Sagan, Pullman, and the Great Rowling herself.

My remarks:

1) My brain is very, very happy

(a) Violation of Conservation of Energy. Well Played.

(b) Starry Night broke my heart in the best of ways*

(c) Almost everything that comes out of Harry's mouth

(d) Nerdy pop culture references, Science!, humanism, Books!, moral ambiguity...a hella lot more

2) Your treatment of Dumbledore is my favorite, ever, including canon.

3) I respectfully request more physics

4) Also Harry should read some Carl Sagan if he hasn't already - The Demon Haunted World, for starters.

5) I keep thinking I've got Quirrell figured out, and then not. I approve.

6) A lot of my personal beliefs have been affirmed - specifically the ones involving space travel (it needs to happen, I will help make it so), science (truly a candle in the dark), life (precious), the universe (full of elegant truths that creatures such as we are capable of understanding and USING), and everything (42)

7) I really need to read more Feynman. And by more, I mean any. Once I get through this semester...need to tick off some more books from my Education Not School list.

8) I'm sure you've heard this before, but it gets a little preachy sometimes. I don't mind - but I See What You're Doing (not that you're being particularly secretive)

In Short:

I eagerly await the next installment, and will be Very Sad if I have to wait *too* long.

You wouldn't want to disappoint a little physics student and her Engineer Minions so close to Christmas, would you?

- Arachne

(*I've had a yearning since before I can remember to go to the stars. The thought that this is very unlikely gives the bit of me I think of as my heart a very unpleasant twist, but strengthens my desire to discover lots of exoplanets that will be good candidates for exploration)
FrostyAKF chapter 63 . 12/4/2010
I'm not sure what I can say about this fic that hasn't already been said. Needless to say, I've truly enjoyed your story and writing. I look forward to reading more of your work. I hope this review is part of many that leads you to getting 10000 reviews on this story before Christmas.

Good luck with writing.

Frosty
Stygian Styx chapter 63 . 12/4/2010
Very well done, yet again. A more serious mood then usual, but then this is the end of a fairly serious story arc, so that's to be expected.
CEstUnRond chapter 63 . 12/4/2010
Hi. I'm french, so i would be pleased if you could just forget the eventuals grammar/orthograph errors, or if i use some words that do not exist.

I let this review because i realyly like your story, even if i don't share your view on magic, which proves your great talent as an author.

For me, magic is the perfect opposite of science, it's all about intention. The first principle of any science is that any experience is reproductible, and i do not think that can be applied to magic. For exemple, i think that the spell of death, avada kedavra, will destroy a part of your soul if you use it to kill an ennemy, but not if you use it for euthanasia, for it will provide a death without pain. I believe magic is all about what you mean, when science is all about what you do.

But you built a universe that could convince me, like a non-euclidian geometry. And it helped me built my own conception of magic, even through their opposition.

So i thank you.
Beartis chapter 56 . 12/4/2010
Why would hiring wizards to go into Azkaban and cast patronus charms be a common occurrence if a message bearing patronus (in this case McGonagall's cat) could just be easily sent?
Silly Spawn chapter 63 . 12/4/2010
When starting to read this on Saturday I didn't expect to do nothing else but work, sleep, eat and read it until now... Great story, better than most fantasy/science fiction I've paid for to read. It's really outstanding and I had thought that there was no good fanfiction at all anymore. Thanks for writing this.
NougatEvolution chapter 63 . 12/4/2010
I really hope this is setting up for Hermione to do something awesome again. Even though it would probably be a mistake for her. ;)

Wondering about Lucius's motives in SENDING that note. It implies that he didn't think Harry would know he knew but that he wanted him to know... but then I still haven't a clue about their previous conversation.

Thanks for the chapter! Really appreciated all the little references. Having Harry actually face up to the problem presented by Azkaban and change his mind about his purpose in life was cool. Of course it's suboptimal to decide NOW on what evil to tackle when he doesn't know what others are out there that might be more substantial. And that little problem about what to do with the prisoners...

I appreciated all the different aftermaths. Harry really didn't -think- before the quest. Lesath is deeply disturbing.

I'm glad you're taking a true break from writing and not letting the chapter hang over your head.
jdboss1 chapter 62 . 12/4/2010
"Voldemort used a Muggle artifact to escape Azkaban," the old wizard said. "He is watching you and learning from you, Harry Potter. Soon a man named Arthur Weasley at the Ministry will issue an edict that all use of Muggle artifacts must cease in the Defense Professor's battles. In the future, when you have a good idea, keep it closer about yourself."

never like Arthur Weasley So you have go go Nude then add all harry item he can say be got from ebays lol

Keep this up

I no this it being like a job i wood love to pay you to have this is your job but dont have any money to spar
29,802 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,320 1,327 1,328 1,329 1330 1,331 1,332 1,333 1,340 .. Last Next »