Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
The Sovereign Lord of Darkness chapter 3 . 5/30/2011
this is a really good story i love it
hermionesw chapter 72 . 5/30/2011
I am not gonna lie, I did not expect that. I thought for sure this was some kind of plot that harry might have come up with, some how involving Quirell who takes it up a notch... and so forth. Still loved the chappie can't wait to see what else your briliant mind will dream up, and I hope it won't be tooo long. Thoygh I know you can't rush genius.
shusha chapter 72 . 5/30/2011
WOW you updated! Great! please keep this story, it is aweme!
Ijoan chapter 72 . 5/30/2011
A lot of progress in this chapter. Things are really starting to move.
Jessie chapter 72 . 5/30/2011
To be honest, I'm having some trouble telling the girls in this story apart. They seem like a sort of undifferentiated mass of... giggliness/frivolity, which is unappealing. The only ones that seem to have actual personalities are Hermione, Padma, and now Daphne somewhat. They seem to be so much /younger/ than the minor boy characters like Blaise and Anthony.

What frustrates me about this story arc is that it's called "Self Actualization" but Hermione never really *does anything*; despite Harry's admirable promises to stop patronizing her and protecting her, she is stuck in this cycle of dithering until something happens to her. She dithers about whether to mention the note, so Daphne (or Tracey?) ends up broaching the subject. She is understandably stunned when someone throws a pie in her face, but rather than composing herself and finding a powerful and strategic way to react (or even reacting in an ill-advised way because she's caught off guard!), Draco ends up speaking for her.

Sorry to be so critical, but I figure that the rest of your readers will have covered all of the awesome, funny, clever pieces of this chapter, of which there are many :)
skeptic7 chapter 72 . 5/30/2011
This was a great chapter. It was very nice to have all 8 of the heroines beaten and defeated and the villian only laid low by a fluke. A troop of heroes can't expect to be victorious against all odds all the time.

I like the attack at the Great Hall. There was very nearly civil war in Hogwarts but it would have been hard to tell who was going to be in the fighting and on which side. Anti Slytherin, Anti First year twerps, pro Slytherin, Sunshine Army and supporters, Ravenclaw together. Hufflepuffs protecting Hannah Abbot, She - Heroes against Quidditch, Quidditch team sticking together. Chaos Legion, Dragon Army, First Year Sollidarity the place would have been chaos. Now what is Dumbles up to?

I felt sorry for Malfoy when everyone knows he is up to something evil and cunning and sneaky. Even when he is honest.
Yanslana chapter 72 . 5/30/2011
I like this fic but the more I read into it the more it disturbs me, it makes me want to not read it until it's been complete, because the plots within plots goes right over my head and it's hard for me to keep tracking it over time. Also, the characters scares me to the point that if this had been a published book, I'd be reading the last chapter first to know what kind of ending it'll be.
Lokistrong chapter 72 . 5/30/2011
I seriously love this story. I've even told a few of my friends about it. And I'm so glad I have it set to alert me when it updates so I don't have to keep checking for new chapters.:)
Thomas chapter 72 . 5/30/2011

(Shortest review ever, I know)
Yulerule chapter 72 . 5/30/2011
Well, I've read the entire thing, and my only complaint is that this should have been this third year by now not his first. (Speaking paseltongue second year, rescuing a Black third year). And as I understand it, Quirrel is NOT wearing a turban, correct? And I do hope that this will end, and that there will be a seqel, as it can only be so long... And of course, I'm as interested as the next person is in knowing whether Voldemort is gone, or poor Harry is only thinking that people don;t have souls.
Froggie chapter 72 . 5/30/2011
Oh! What a dramatic ending, all the hairs on my legs were standing at attention. Loved the whole chapter really, including the snippets cut from scene to scene. Gives the chapter a rather "actiony" feeling, despite there not being much action.
admiralskippy chapter 72 . 5/30/2011
To Eliezer: Awesome Chapter as always, you deserve the no. 1 spot.

To everyone at : HA, ahahahahahahahahahahaha, hahahaha haha! HA!
Draic chapter 72 . 5/30/2011
I love this fic.
The Monster chapter 72 . 5/30/2011
William H. Stoddard

"I work as a copy editor and has dealt with large amounts of British English academic writing;"

You must be off duty when replying to reviews. "I ... has dealt with?" Really?

I think that's Muphry's Law at work. (It's spelled that way on purpose. Google it.)
Jonshine chapter 72 . 5/30/2011

Or, to put it another way, 'What's Eliezer Plotting Now?'

See you on the tvtropes WMG page.

32,518 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,322 1,329 1,330 1,331 1332 1,333 1,334 1,335 1,342 .. Last Next »