Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Crazy-Physco chapter 21 . 5/16/2010
great chapter.
tatewaki2000 chapter 21 . 5/16/2010
An adorable ending.

That is your story. Adorable.

When it violates such norm (i.e. rape talk, faculty beating children, etc) people revolt.

Except maybe the ever-so-peculiar Dark Lord forum. Who have no idea what they prefer.

But back to the subject.

An adorable story.

And I will forever label it as such.

Thank you for the cute ending. It was liek totally Kewt. :3

Sincerely,

a reader
November 5th chapter 21 . 5/16/2010
*Cackles wildly*

That is all.
TTTTTTTTTTTT chapter 21 . 5/16/2010
The Draco-Harry conversation dragged on a bit, but appart from that a rather good chapter.
AngelForm chapter 21 . 5/16/2010
Well I admit that Quirrelmort blindsided me but in my defence he acts utterly unlike any interpretation of mouldybutt I have ever read, he is actually both intelligent and smart. I missed the voyager hint because traditionally soul anchors don’t have any built-in protection, preservation charms was a far more obvious conclusion.

As you have undoubtedly read the benevolent overlords list I assume you know that the only difference between a good overlord and an evil one is their motivation.

I wonder what this version of Lord V was like at full power, almost everyone else is different to some degree. With the amount of convoluted intrigue going on he might not even be the Big Bad.

Amazing, it took Rinswind years to work out that the call knew where he lived (usually because it put him there in the first place), Harry works it out in a week.

Hermione seems to have neglected to consider that she might be dead wrong. This never ends well.

Cute letter.
Baughn chapter 21 . 5/16/2010
There's no tentacle rape. /I looked/.

And yet, I do not believe you'd lie. Which means it's just really well hidden, and.. oh, why on earth am I looking for it?

..there are a lot of things that are missing from the fic, that have been mentioned. I am slightly disturbed that the mention of tentacle rape would make you insert it.
E. M. Pink chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
This. Is. AWESOME. I'm here by way of a comment reccing this to a published author that wanted to see more of the better end of the fanfic spectrum, and can I just say that this is a really awesome example of that? I'm with you already, from chapter 1 (possibly because of my fondness for every one of the tropes you are using). I will try to review as much as I can later on, instead of just getting swept up as I usually do. Because this is that awesome.

I really love how Harry is very healthily unhappy with his adoptive parents' usual way of arguing and so forth - just perfect, that, as well as the last names.
Darth Drafter chapter 21 . 5/16/2010
So in his first letter home, he tells his parents that he met a girl. Mentioned her by name. This could cause him some distress, I think.
Madame de Victoire chapter 21 . 5/16/2010
I loved it all and it's getting less confusing than previous chapters. And I bet the prophesy is about Harry; he's going to be doing alot of tearing it seems.
He Who Comes With the Dusk chapter 21 . 5/16/2010
This chapter was fun as well, and as much as I enjoy some of the more humorous parts, I find myself missing the more serious interaction with Voldemort. Aside from that, the chapter was as good as usual, and I am seriously excited for Harry to learn occlumency. More accurately, I'm eager to see how you will structure its mechanics.
Tengokujin chapter 21 . 5/16/2010
WHY DOES THIS STORY GET BETTER WITH EACH... um... "chapter" doesn't really fit. Some of the chapters seemed more expository and disturbing and not just plain awesome. But... uh... IT KEEPS GETTING BETTER. There.
gwern chapter 21 . 5/16/2010
Kudos for *finally* giving Hermione some screentime. But a Hermione who instantly jumps to thoughts of Romance strikes me as a little too Genre Savvy.

The conversation with Draco is a little overly didactic. It's not like we didn't read those talking points in (several) previous chapters.

Kudos also for taking into account the time turner for Harry's birthday. (And averting my planned triumphant comment here. :(

The Santa Claus letter is interesting. The writer seems to be unaware of the bargain struck in the previous chapter, but it's easier to fake ignorance than knowledge, so my theory is still that it's Quirrellmort. If it's not, then I'm confused. The inducement to break rules seems to rule out McGonagall, Dumbledore hasn't benefited from the first letter and so wouldn't send another, Harry's parents are out of the question, Sirius is AFAIK still in prison, Snape wouldn't warn him against all of Slytherin & similarly for Lucius, a future Harry would be more knowledgeable, so... I'm kind of stuck thinking of anyone with such intimate access to Hogwarts, knew James, knows the Weasley reputation, and distrusts Dumbledore. Remus Lupin? I look forward to seeing who SC turns out to be.

Would the students *really* not guess that the word starting with an 's' might be 'school'?

And standing amid the dusty desks in an unused classroom in the dungeons of Hogwarts, the green-lit silhouette of Harry Potter spread his arms dramatically and said, "This day shall mark the dawn of... the Bayesian Conspiracy."

Oh my stars. Be appalled, be amused... the options are endless.
Toki Mirage chapter 21 . 5/16/2010
WOOT! YOU UPDATED! XD Awesuum! I love how Hermione is kicking his a*s. Mweheheh
Arkeus chapter 21 . 5/16/2010
Fun.

Also, Harry is being really manipulated by Voldemort there.

Mmmh, i really wonder who is the letter sender. I guess it could be Harry, but...
kitiem3000 chapter 21 . 5/16/2010
I love it when Harry talks science. Very passionate.
23,752 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,322 1,329 1,330 1,331 1332 1,333 1,334 1,335 1,342 .. Last Next »