Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Loonynamelass chapter 8 . 5/13/2010
Lol, of course utilitarianism has to come up in a story like this! If only she had been able to retort with a Daentological standpoint! AHH! Though I admit, I wouldn't have known philosophy as an eleven year old, it would have been cool if Hermione had... *sigh*

But anyways, I am loving the amazing everything. It's not just the science that's feeding my nerdiness, no. I would respond to more, but I want to read onward!
Loonynamelass chapter 7 . 5/13/2010
Your characterization is so spot on. Character complexity is really your forte. One of many, actually.
Mionefan chapter 15 . 5/13/2010
A bit dense to read at times, but joyously entertaining.
Nielso chapter 19 . 5/13/2010
By the way I kinda feel cheated as a reader that you would make Quirrel LV. I mean that is just very not this story!
Nielso chapter 20 . 5/13/2010
This story is...fucking awesome!

I have never in all my years ever encountered such an inticrate story and I dont even care if I make spellings errors for once in my review.

The sheer awesomeness seems to be increasing every chapter as well!

My god man where in the world did you ever get all these ideas?
Brian chapter 20 . 5/13/2010
Really loving the story, it's always a good read and, frankly, you've written a darklord-possessed Quirrell a heck of a lot better than Rowling did.

And the pioneer plaque? I honestly can't think of a better horcrux. It's totally out of the reach of anyone who would want to destroy it, but it's still something people can form/have an emotional attachment to for the purposes of possessing them. Brilliant!

My only gripe is that I want MORE :-) So, more? Pretty please?
Tangerine-Alert chapter 7 . 5/13/2010
I think I'm starting to run out of words to praise this story by.

I could turn to Roget for help, but that would seem a little less spur of the moment.

It was a brilliant and unexpected chapter, I wasn't expecting any of this. I thought briefly this might be a 'Harry and Hermione wax on about books' sort of thing. But proven wrong I was, fantastically, brilliantly wrong. Just an amazingly detailed and fascinating chapter.
Tangerine-Alert chapter 6 . 5/13/2010
I think I've already said fascinating, intriguing and brilliant in previous reviews.

Riveting, amazing brilliant, funny, intelligent and just brilliant (yes the same word three times in a review, it's that good!).
Tangerine-Alert chapter 5 . 5/13/2010
Hilarious and brilliant.
Tangerine-Alert chapter 4 . 5/13/2010
I will admit I went a little vague when reading the galleons, gold, silver calculations...stuff.

Still a brilliant chapter full of wonder and humour, fantastic work!
Tangerine-Alert chapter 2 . 5/13/2010
"McGonagall turned into a cat."

Quite possibly the best sequence I've read thus far, the thought processes that went along with that...I'm awed at just that.

This is brilliant, fantastically enjoyable.

Brilliant work.
Tangerine-Alert chapter 1 . 5/13/2010
A fascinating chapter.

And an interesting mix of characters to start with.
faneka chapter 20 . 5/13/2010
I love this story. It's had me laughing and crying, sometimes in the same chapter. Even worse (better?), sometimes in the same paragraph. I like this Quirrell, I do hope he survives after the year ends. I can't wait for the next update!
He Who Rules With an Iron Hoof chapter 13 . 5/13/2010
I'm guessing that Harry gets a time turner from McGonagall and uses it to set this game up somehow.

By HP time-travel logic it's possible.
Ichai chapter 20 . 5/13/2010
This is quite probably my favorite version of Professor Quirrell.

I'm greatly enjoying your writing. Thank you for this.
23,763 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,327 1,334 1,335 1,336 1337 1,338 1,339 1,340 1,347 .. Last Next »