Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
RB chapter 3 . 7/27/2011
I am an intermittent reader of ff, and so far I love yours. Absolutely brilliant. Funnily enough, I came across it on the comments section of a blog I regularly read: greatbong dot net, on an article on agnosticism titled, the Question of Suffering. I thank the person who posted his comment for directing me to your story.
solsbane chapter 19 . 7/27/2011
I swear I read the genre as Drama/Humor.

But this chapter was pretty scary.

I haven't read enough to say where you're going with this plot, but I must say it looks SO promising.

Hope you'll update soon, and hope that I'll catch up to 72 before you do.
M chapter 5 . 7/27/2011
Oh, it is fantastic!
M chapter 1 . 7/27/2011
Love!
xan avalon chapter 17 . 7/27/2011
May I just say that I nominate iHarry's Internal Critic promptly awarded him the All-Time Award for the Worst Acting in the History of Ever./i as the single best line in fan (or for that matter any) fic in the same time frame?

brilliant work here Mr/Ms Wrong. I would do a more thorough review but keep getting distracted pulled along into reading more. Even though I am now on my 4th trip through, a loop I am stuck in until we get, um, y'know, another chapter or 17...
The Infamous Wootermelon chapter 72 . 7/27/2011
Great.
Draeconin chapter 3 . 7/27/2011
While chapter two was very funny, the Flubber, DnD silverware and ejection seats in this chapter just sounded a jarring note, for me. It was out of place. I did like the scene with McGonagall telling Harry his parents' history, though.
OldUserAccount333 chapter 71 . 7/27/2011
After reading LessWrong comments, I was amazed b/c I've never seen people admitting they were mistaken so easily.

Now I realize that debates can turn into rants. That's why intelligent people have to learn how to lose.

Admit it: "Ok, I'm wrong."

You may not agree with everything the other person says, but they said something correctly. Besides, you should know your fights.
This Charade chapter 45 . 7/26/2011
This chapter was absolutely incredible. I think the tone did wonders in matching the contents, going from empty to calm to magnificent. And the ideas, too, were wonderful. I'll have to think about this more as I keep reading for it to really sink in. But amazing job on this one.
Julia Wise chapter 6 . 7/26/2011
As a social work student who just finished a year working with eleven-year-olds, I have to say, McGonagall's characterization of abused children in this chapter is off. An abused child might well be chatty and charming - it's a typical sign of attachment disorders (which wouldn't be surprising in Harry, who switched families at 15 months). Some kids whose parents took care of them badly are always shopping for new parents.

Him wanting a first aid kit to heal other children after disasters would make me suspect that he's used to caring for other people (younger siblings or incapable parents). Since he has no siblings and his parents seem high-functioning, I would think he's just a weird kid.

Also, she should not have bought Harry's argument that some "recovered" memories have been shown to be false, therefore he couldn't possibly be repressing memories. There's actually pretty good evidence 10-15% of people repress traumatic memories.
Bonehammer chapter 4 . 7/26/2011
Hello,

I just started reading. I'm still not sure whether I like this version of Harry, but your story already seems worth reading for the subtle humour and the tidbits of information disseminated within the text. Browsing the titles of the upcoming chapters brought up even higher expectations. I don't think I'm going to be disappointed.
BlueMew24 chapter 5 . 7/26/2011
This chapter is awsome. I was crying I laughed so hard.
33,295 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,327 1,334 1,335 1,336 1337 1,338 1,339 1,340 1,347 .. Last Next »