Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
emanon chapter 63 . 11/29/2010
Nice reactions by the students and teachers, especially Neville's. This one act had far reaching consequences, and confirms that Harry really didn't think things thru. His whining that "its not fair" shows us that he's still just a child, no matter how intelligent he may be. I was disappointed by the bit of Harry deciding that destroying Azkaban is the course he is set on...that's his side in the conflict. I mean, imagining the prisoners free and shining and laughing as they escape? Does he really want to let loose the criminals back into the general population? That's just stupid. He should have asked himself if the criminals deserved to be saved. Maybe they don't deserve to be tortured by dementors, but they don't deserve to be free either.
sumwhriblong chapter 63 . 11/29/2010
I have been following this story for sometime and would like to see where you are going with it. Harry in this story is very smart but that also causes problems as we are seeing now. Will be interesting to see Neville's reaction if he knows Harry was behind the escape.

Keep up the good work.
Metaltaco chapter 8 . 11/29/2010
Oh go, at this rate im gonna end up pulling an all nighter and sleep through all my classes tommorow, i suppose its worth it.
Sue chapter 63 . 11/29/2010
"Iocane powder." - This. This makes me love you so, so much. Well, plus everything else in this amazing story.
Unknownlight chapter 63 . 11/29/2010
It took me a full four days to read this fic from beginning to the current chapter. I do not regret, at all, the devotion it took for me to do that.

You're awesome, and this fic is too. Congratulations.
Lady of the Hunt chapter 63 . 11/29/2010
What a damn fine chapter that was. Thanks! Have a good break!
Gamebird chapter 63 . 11/29/2010
It is irrational to continue on with a poor course of action merely because you promised or swore to accomplish some end.
Anosios Andreas ho Kinkajou chapter 63 . 11/29/2010
Congratulations, Eliezer. You wrote one hell of a fanfic.

To review why you are awesome, you have a host of well-rounded and intelligent characters, you put them in fabulous situations, and you do so with panache. Your re-imagining of the characters who are NOT Harry James Potter(-Evans-Verres) is one of the greatest strengths of your work. Another is that you really succeed in making rational characters with flaws - their insights are genuinely insightful and their mistakes almost always have interesting consequences.

Good for you! I am very selfishly unhappy that you are taking a break from writing for this month, and look forward to reading more MoR.

Sincerely,

Andreas (programmer, cowboy, small fuzzy mammal)
Miss Teinge chapter 27 . 11/29/2010
Beautiful.
Dwelgatte chapter 63 . 11/29/2010
Last Alchemist: I think you misunderstood the Mendelian pattern thing. Squibs *are* muggles, genetically.
obsidian-fox chapter 63 . 11/29/2010
Truly a fantastic chapter! I especially liked Blaise's little display, and the recognition of Hermione's strength. They're eleven years old, sure, but I'm sort of hoping for another kiss...
AllieOfGreenGables chapter 63 . 11/29/2010
Hello, my name is Allie. I realized recently that, though I have read all of your story so far, I have neglected to review any of it as far as I remember. I'd like to tell you that your plot is engaging and your characters have much more depth than I would have expected. I'm intrigued by your story and hope to read the rest of it.
annawheatlie chapter 62 . 11/29/2010
Should have said this in my review for 63: Enjoy your well earned break!
FanFiction guy chapter 63 . 11/29/2010
This chapter culminates (for a while) a story I have been following avidly. If you like this story (and I do, very much), I suggest reading the first two Null-A books by Van Vogt. LessWrong's Methods of Rationality take up where Korzybski's General Semantics left off. I hope LW keeps writing!
annawheatlie chapter 63 . 11/29/2010
Thanks. Really. If we're going to have to go a month without HPMOR, this was actually a really nice way to say goodbye for a while. And thanks for the ambiguity - it's nice to read a story where it's actually unclear who's good and who's bad, and who's fuzzy, and who's misguided.

Kind of makes me want to go storm Rikers island.
29,825 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,328 1,335 1,336 1,337 1338 1,339 1,340 1,341 1,348 .. Last Next »