Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
demonicnargles chapter 63 . 1/2/2011
Found this story today, and just read it all the way up to here.

Fascinating, as long as I ignore the ages of everyone involved. But I am okay with that.

And I wonder which story about Bellatrix is true, and what is true about Quirrel, and about... everyone. I like the way you write this, with the reader NOT omniscient. Makes it very... suspenseful.

I look forward to next time.

-demonicnargles
Shadowhawke chapter 63 . 1/2/2011
The one, and only reason that I haven't reviewed earlier is that I have been too engrossed. Thank you. This story is immensely humorous, immensely powerful, immensely intelligent, and immensely enjoyable, and I cannot wait to read more soon.

-Shadowhawke
Becomingwhaturmeantobe chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
I just wanted to let you know that I enjoy this fic extremely. I love looking at the little bits of psychology strewn in (I'm a psych and english major so it's delightful to find two of my favorite subjects together). This fic is also very funny. You've made Harry very delightful. Awesome job!
Guest chapter 20 . 1/2/2011
I really love this fanfic and its playful tone.
w chapter 27 . 1/2/2011
Pretty sure I haven't reviewed this one yet.

Good things.

F&G. The only explanation to the prank is that RS was charmed and the only one with motive was Q, but then he'd need a time turner and occasion.

The entire Occlumency session, especially the second one.

That Mr. Bester's thoughts are reproducible exactly doesn't make any sense, given he must have had some experiences in the meantime influencing his answers, if only by a little bit, unless he's an NPC in a simulation, which I do hope won't turn out to be the case.

The entire Snape sequence is amazing.
Kate chapter 63 . 1/2/2011
Wow. This is one of the best fanfictions I have ever read! The way that you Harry thinks is really interesting. I hope you enjoy your hiatus and update as soon as you are ready. :)
Dr. Elemenohpee chapter 63 . 1/2/2011
For an entire chapter of aftermaths, it sure ends off with a mammoth cliffhanger. B-e-a-utiful style, fantastic way to end for a while, excellent, just excellent.
Joarib chapter 5 . 1/2/2011
This chapter didn't make any sence to me but it was fun reading and I think that's a good reason for it to be here. Nice work in descriping some part from the books (meeting Malfoy), and at the same time making something boring like buying robes interesting and exciting.

Not much more to say.

/Joarib
anonyMOUSE chapter 63 . 1/2/2011
I certainly enjoyed reading this - all 63 chapters. It kept me drawn in and engaged!
Tim chapter 63 . 1/2/2011
Steph, speak for yourself. The rest of us are happy for this to remain a hobby with no deadlines. Go find yourself something else to do in the meantime.
AngryParsley chapter 63 . 1/2/2011
This whole story is ridiculously good. Thank you very much for writing it.
Steph chapter 2 . 1/2/2011
hey this wouldn't be one of your scientific experiments to see when the film of courtesy is peeled away and impatience and anger takes over? Cuz u promised a new chapter a loong time ago, n the 'i've started' update is just tantalizing n increases the frequency with which readers check this site. The reviewers are still quite polite n nice, but, as another fanfic called Match can attest to, they get quite nasty/grovelly at the end.

Ok,i'm rambling. Just write, ok, n soon.

N to all who dismiss me as a retard just due to da shortened words,i'm on a phone n lazy. Not necessarily stupid.
particularlygoodfinders chapter 63 . 1/1/2011
I enjoy this story a lot, it was actually the first fanfic I'd ever read.

I do wish that you'd move time along a little quicker (timeline wise, the written pacing of events is great). I understand that Harry is supposed to be a child prodigy but I've known a couple in my day and none were as smart as this character at age 10, by having time move by quicker his amazing intellect is becomes more reasonable. 63 chapters into cannon would place you somewhere in the 4th year, so the pacing is definitely different. I love reading this stuff but you've gotta space it all out unless you've already got your story arcs mapped through the 7th year, otherwise we're going to have a scientifically-converted Draco and all the wizarding world's problems solved by Christmas break 2nd year.
Swimmer963 chapter 63 . 1/1/2011
I discovered this fic after reading Less Wrong, which I discovered after finding your name on a Singularity mailing list. I have now successfully addicted my brother, and we are both waiting in breathless anticipating for the next chapters...and trying to guess what's going to happen, which is HARD. Your builds and climaxes are satisfying without being predictable, and your characters are almost all INTERESTING regardless of how important they are and how well they are developed. I find the story tends to fluctuate in style and genre...but I've enjoyed all those styles anyway, so who am I to complain? And I would love to have your sense of humour and absurdity. Thank you for all the sci-fi classics inside jokes. They are magnificent and make us nerds feel cool. The story is an excellent way of applying knowledge and ideas that I may know, but realize afterwards that I have never taken seriously in my everyday life.
anaraz chapter 5 . 1/1/2011
WOW

I can't describe how much fun I had while reading that chapter.

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease update soon
30,225 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,328 1,335 1,336 1,337 1338 1,339 1,340 1,341 1,348 .. Last Next »