Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Reader chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
Interesting twist would be to use Bellatrix's belief that Harry Potter is the Dark Lord to use Bellatrix's power to defeat "the impostor" - the actual Dark Lord.
Faranda chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
Hogwarts sweet Hogwarts ! Isn't it good to get back to school after a trip at sea ?

Personnally I don't think it's Hogwarts that has a problem : it's any wizarding or muggle school which allows some random boy with round glasses and messy hair to get within ten miles of its wards...

Happy new year !
Reader chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
The obvious: Harry Potter should ask Dumbledore what reasons he has for believing that Dark Lord is alive (point out the bias: Dumbledore uses the escape of Bellatrix to strengthen his point of view without considering any other hypothesis). Dumbledore had these reasons before escape of Bellatrix. Point out to Dumbledore that the best defence is offence, and spending time doesn't help them to defeat the Dark Lord.

(Note: Dumbledore weaseled out of this question before by saying that Harry wants immortality for himself)

Ask Quirrell why he thinks that Dark Lord isn't alive. Point out that creating any plausible impostor takes time and will not stand close scrutiny, while also distracting Harry Potter from the real danger.

I hope that Quirrell isn't Voldemort. Quirrell pretends to be wiser than the Dark Lord, but at the same time Quirrell pushes Harry to take political power over Britain. What are Quirrell's goals? Don't reply, it will not be interesting.

Quirrell may say that proving that Dark Lord is dead will take too much time, and in the end people will ask who helped Bellatrix to escape. Point out that if Dark Lord is dead, Bellatrix will not be able to torture anybody, not in the name of Dark Lord, and thus will be forgotten, in the relief of knowing the alarm was false, the Dark Lord is dead; and if Dark Lord isn't dead, Bellatrix is of less interest, only as a weapon taken away from his hands.

Use reference of Bellatrix to Dark Lord's wand, if it is possible without arousing suspicions about source of information.

Don't forget about Quirrell's promise to have a play without Snitch, giving House Cup to Rawenclaw and Slytherin at the same time.

Very fascinating reading.
JudgeMingus chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
Thanks for the new installment - just in time for my birthday!
reader chapter 5 . 1/4/2011
one word brilliant,if all fails you could make it as a comedian haha a fine one at that:)
Peregrinate chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
AN UPDATE!

That just made my day. Thank you.
Rue chapter 2 . 1/4/2011
I have nothing useful to say on the story, but I want to share that I got into a fight with my first grade teacher since she didn't know what a negative number was. She just insisted 5-6 couldn't be done. Not only to me, but to my parents. *shakes head*
12763457 chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
I like the observations of harry becoming more mature. I was glad harry decided to wait and think on Quirrel's plan this time. Very excited that your back from your break!
Guile chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
Ha! Peter Pevensie was a Gryffindor.

It's a little sad Harry's losing what little childishness remains, but what the hell - completely in-character for the lad.
foudebassan chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
Thank you for writing!
wisecurledqueen chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
You have returned! And I love the fanfics you recommended, definetly checking those out. And what a great chapter. I think I see what Quirrel is trying to do... awesome. So awesome. Thank you so much!

-curledruler
Morbious20 chapter 64 . 1/4/2011
Good work
NicNacs chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
Hurrah! More Rationality!

(Also, what I could have been reading was very funny.)
ShadowedHearts chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
So glad to have an update (even more glad that I started reading shortly before you continued updating. ;D). I have to say, I'm very much enjoying this fic...and the brain teaser that it is.
Akane Arihyoshi chapter 5 . 1/4/2011
Oh. My God.

I thought I was going to fall right out of my chair. Please tell me this Harry is going to be mini-James right up until his final year at Hogwarts. I can't even tell you how completely awesome that would be.

I'm loving the science. Why can't my teachers be like this? I think I've learned more in half an hour of reading your story than a whole week of school.

Thank you. Oh God. Thank you.
30,363 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,329 1,336 1,337 1,338 1339 1,340 1,341 1,342 1,349 .. Last Next »