Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
DABartlett chapter 75 . 9/1/2011
I see someone else appreciates Ow, My Sanity. Perhaps there's an opportunity for Nancy Alhazred to make a cameo appearance?
skeptic7 chapter 75 . 9/1/2011
oh my god this is great. Hermione Granger has now been permanently cured of trusting authority and of obeying rules with out question. If the authorities do not strive for justice, why should they be respected, if they are not respected, why should they be obeyed? If the only reason to obey authorities is fear, what should a heroine do? When is it proper to give in to fear?

In the previous chapter, Dumbledore stated that it was better for the bullies to prevail then for conflict to continue. This explains the marauders of canon and reveals Dumbledore to be a pusilliaminous Vichy appeaser.

Is Snape acting on Dumbledore's orders? He doesn't much like bullies either and knows what harm they can do.
Dureth chapter 75 . 9/1/2011
Started off slow. Ended up epic.

Latin is always an excellent touch.

Thank you, Lesswrong. You've made my day a little less horrid. _
NothingPretentious chapter 75 . 8/31/2011
Chapter 75 seems fine to me. Beyond fine. Excellent, as usual.
Me chapter 74 . 8/31/2011
"most terrible ritual known to me demands only a rope which has hanged a man and a sword which has slain a woman; and that for a ritual which promised to summon Death itself - though what is truly meant by that I do not know and do not care to discover, since it was also said that the counterspell to dismiss Death had been lost"

AHA. So, THAT'S where Dementors originally come from... Am I right?
Emily rose chapter 75 . 8/31/2011
Wow! 14k reviews, and I thought Josephine Darcy's "The Marriage Stone" 12k was a lot, but either way... It was a grear story! Please update soon!
Emily rose chapter 75 . 8/31/2011
Elelith chapter 75 . 8/31/2011
Finally, Hermione with a backbone, loved the ending scene, and would not object to a certain Ravenclaw's revenge...
josh148513 chapter 75 . 8/31/2011
Nice shift but why are the professors letting him

Update soon
Mortimer Grimm chapter 75 . 8/31/2011
Nice chapter! Very good. Nice character development, it's funny, smart and all in all a nice read. If this weren't already a favorite of mine, it would certainly be now.
outofculture chapter 75 . 8/31/2011
This story fuels a great deal of introspection, engaged conversation and rollicking laughter to my life. Thanks.

Also, it feels better now to have a clear sense of what conceptual block Hermione and SPHEW were failing because of, rather than a constant dread that this arc was just a sloppy attempt at adding Feminism. It doesn't alleviate the gnawing sense that female characters still fail more, statistically speaking, but your equitability shines through well enough.
xan avalon chapter 74 . 8/31/2011
apropos of nothing in particular in this chapter (well, maybe the last line...) but I ran across a line I thought you might, if not find use for, at least enjoy:

"It's so far out of whack that it would take the light from whack a million years to reach it..."

source, friend on another board. The "it" in question was a thyroid issue but it seems applicable in a wide range of uses. :)
youxcan'txstop chapter 17 . 8/31/2011
...am I the only one who was getting the impression Dumbledore and Lily had a more than friendly relationship...I mean he did say he would sneak into her room at night

._.

(Maybe I'm just hoping for the most crack filled scenario)
Annabelinda Tsuki chapter 75 . 8/31/2011
Best...Birthday Present...Ever!

Today, I finished reading this story for the third time! Twice alone in the last two months!

Such a wonderful story this is. Because, despite the fact that it is Harry Potter...it isn't Harry Potter! Which is so great about it!

And the way you wrote it, just the writing itself; I would give up almost anything to be able to write like that.

Your characters, flawless.

Your dialogue, flawless.

Your descriptions, flawless.

Your ideas, flawless.

Your plot, flawless.

Every last bit of brilliance and ingenius, flawless.

This is, truly, my absolute favorite piece of fiction in existence. It beats everything I've ever read. It's smart and clever and BRILLIANT to the point that it can keep me mentally satisfied. It's funny in the most fantastic of ways, the jokes are even still laughable after round three. And it's just...amazing.

You are, truly, an amazing writer with an amazing head full of amazing ideas and rationalities. I can only hope to be able to write like this one day.

Perks to the last chapter of Self Actualization coming out the day before my Birthday. Perked up my night several times over.
Hatsuharu Miku chapter 2 . 8/31/2011
I love how Harry's smart in this. Lol. And from a normal family. Then again this is coming from a girl who watched the social network and now has a thing for nerds who can outwit anyone. Hahahaha.
34,125 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,331 1,338 1,339 1,340 1341 1,342 1,343 1,344 1,351 .. Last Next »