Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Diz chapter 13 . 6/26/2011
This is very intriguing. I'm interested to see where this goes...
Diz chapter 12 . 6/26/2011
Quirrel did not stutter. Why not?
Diz chapter 11 . 6/26/2011
Hahha best one: ATREIDES!
Diz chapter 10 . 6/26/2011
Solid chapter! I really liked the sorting hat's awareness. It was awesome that you punctuated the fact with the hat playing a joke on the entire great hall before he died.
Diz chapter 9 . 6/26/2011
Sorry, but I didn't like this chapter except for the end where Harry asks the hat all of his questions. The Ghost buster song was too random and it was out of character for him to "play along with" it by dancing and improvising like he did.
Smith chapter 65 . 6/26/2011
Absolutely adore this fan-fic - educational as well as genuinely entertaining and tense in a believeable way. Just the fact that it has fanfiction of its own is a sure sign of just how good it is.

I love the characterisations, the Fourth-Wall blurrings with Quirrel talking about the "sixth-year Gryffindor" as other incidents. Quirrel himself is intriguing and the entire Azkaban arc held me on a knife edge.

Also support the rationalist message. Great work.

Release Chapter 73!
Silver moonbeams chapter 5 . 6/26/2011
Oh Wow! What more can I say? Every line I read makes me want to laugh and shake my head at the way Harry outwits McGonagall and everyone he meets. And oh dear, that scene with Draco at the end was simply amazing! First the way he sucked up to Draco and then Draco's reaction when he came to know that Harry had no idea who he was...'"Oh come on!" Draco said with fierce disappointment. "Why'd you go and do that,then?'

Simply too good! And what followwed was simply hilarious! The way you showed the interaction between Harry and Draco and when Lucius comes in and Harry starts rambling to save Draco and then Draco rambles to save Harry is so well-written that I was simply laughing my head off! You really have a way with words and I can't believe that I only just found this story!

And the shop assistants' reactions were priceless...you kept giving hints that they were finding the goings-on hilarious and were trying to control themselves...simply too good!

I can't wait to read the rest! You are an amazing writer, so keep up the good work!

Silver _
Diz chapter 8 . 6/26/2011
I like that your spider potion had everything in 8s. So clever.

It impresses me that you'd make up this whole tea experiment just to show how Hermione reacts to logic.

Why must you demonize Gryffindor? What's the deal?

I feel like I know too many people with personalities like your Harry...

Sorry my reviews are becoming less thoughtful. I just keep reading and as it gets later and later, I no longer write coherently. (It's now like 4am thanks.)
Diz chapter 7 . 6/26/2011
First, I liked the reference to Atlantis. Props. Also I liked that Harry showed Draco Muggle's potential to achieve with the rocket.

You made Draco into a real piece of snot. I mean he's eleven! I feel like 11-year-olds don't sit around fantasizing about the nut jobs they're going to rape. That's so sick.

Third, I am excited for Harry to meet Hermione because of their affinity for books. Perhaps they will become more than friends?
Diz chapter 6 . 6/25/2011
Minerva? Ohhoho! That boy crossed the line! No respect! I feel like she could have turned him into a toad, just to teach him a lesson.

This is a really interesting commentary on power though. And risk assessment. I wonder if your numbers are accurate or if you just made up those reports for the story...
Diz chapter 5 . 6/25/2011
Ha this chapter made me laugh, as was evident by the first word of this sentence. Oh redundancy!

I don't think McGonagall would ever drink while doing Hogwarts business.

But this is quite the entertaining chapter. Draco was certainly egotistical. I liked the joke he played on his father about wanting to by a Gryffindor. Maybe he wouldn't have turned out to be a spineless turd if Harry and him became mates.
Diz chapter 4 . 6/25/2011
I never questioned why Lily and James had so much money stored away. Nice observation. That is quite odd.

And I have always wondered what the exchange rate of magical currency to the pound. Economics professors would love you so much. I'm glad you addressed these issues.

However, Harry's not very likable... How will he ever make friends?
Diz chapter 3 . 6/25/2011
It's so fun to think you're going to put Harry into Ravenclaw. I like that he was attracted to the bookstore more than the broomstick store... It's so different having McGonagall show him the ropes. I wonder how he would have reacted to a man like Hagrid...
Diz chapter 2 . 6/25/2011
Biting a teacher. I feel like this has happened to you personally. Your life story officially interests me now.

I like how the two tease Harry. He seems less emo, with less of a chip on his shoulder, than Rowling portrays. But Harry's so analytical. Does he have the makings of being a hero?
Diz chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
Ha that's a marvelous beginning! Quite creative. I like how you described the bookshelves. That's rather clever putting the books in the back on tissue boxes so you can read the spines. I may try that myself, since I've got so many. You've got a really unique concept though with Petunia and the Professor. I think it's realistic too how people fight. Really, Petunia wants trust, whereas the Professor wants power. I like it so far (and I will try to respect your review rule).

I wondered why you had no one's last name in the family match up exactly. Michael "Verres-Evans", Petunia "Evans-Verres", and Harry James "Potter-Evans-Verres". I find that unrealistic... Petunia didn't seem to be the type of woman who wanted to keep her name when she married and what person identifies himself with three last names? That's a tad preposterous. But okay. I'll read on.
32,992 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,331 1,338 1,339 1,340 1341 1,342 1,343 1,344 1,351 .. Last Next »