Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Raj8 chapter 46 . 9/24/2010
this is a great and very interesting story
gammaraye chapter 46 . 9/23/2010
Humanism Pt 3 blew me away. It was absolutely beautiful.
Alicia chapter 46 . 9/23/2010
I love this. seriously I have never read from someones homepage who is brave enough to insult the people who stay on this website day and night practically worshiping the ground a fictional character walks on. also, this story is really great so good job with that too. :)
Canisse chapter 46 . 9/23/2010
Firstly, let me say THANK YOU for several hours of undiluted fun. Then, I HATE YOU, because I could not go to sleep before having finished it all, and the sleep-deprivation is something I could do without. So as not to look like a complete boots-licker, I will say that your story probably has many flaws, but I just haven't been able to find them yet, due to my weakened state.

One actually came to me right now, and it is about Harry's objections to immortality. Sure, I get his views might not be yours, but how could such a Ravenclaw decide to never know what death IS like ? I am an atheist myself, and I suspect you are, too, but I can't help but wonder whether all those beliefs in immortal souls might actually be right. In which case it would really be a pity never to discover that.

Plus, if I were him, I would take the existence of magic, which defies all physics, as a pretty strong hint towards the existence of souls. After all, if an impossible thing is real, the other might be, too.

Well, I'll stop there, or else I'll start explaining my beliefs to anyone interested, which would be no one, I suspect.

P.S: I REALLY enjoyed the Orson Scott Card reference, who's one of my favourite authors. I am now going to read this story again, so as to spot any other references that I hadn't noticed earlier.
HonestlyNotAddicted chapter 46 . 9/23/2010
It has been unusually long since your last update... I don't mind admitting that I am scared. While I cant imagine a writer like your self giving up on a project, the amount of unfinished fic's out there has left me extremely weary of situations of prolonged author absences such as the one we now find our self's in.

In short, please update soon, I'm starting to get the shakes!

Not like I have an unhealthy addiction or anything, but this lack of fanfiction is causing me to revert to studying, socialising and generally having a real life ... something must be done!
aaronmicalowe chapter 1 . 9/23/2010
way to survive updates:

1) close your fanfic account if you have one

2) visit hypnotist and pay to:

- a) have memory of MOR removed

- b) search for "methods of rationality" immediately you get home

3) enjoy MOR from the beginning again

4) repeat from step 1)
Comosicus chapter 46 . 9/22/2010
I have mixed feelings about this story so far. At first I considered it a pure crack fic, based on the first few chapters. Later on I can see that you migrate to a more serious setting.

There are still so many things I need to understand about your universe setting. I did not managed to completely find the differences in the wizarding world. Quirell seems to be Voldemort-free, although there are hints and clues that still cause some doubt. Black/Pettigrew and the Secret Keeper stuff is also unclear. I might base this on the story of the Weasley rat. Yet is also possible that Peter felt cornered and replaced himself with a normal rat, while he went to search different accommodations. And the list can carry on and on.

I'll stop here for now and just tell that I look forward to the next chapter.
jasticE chapter 46 . 9/22/2010
All has been said. I would hereby like to offer some more encouragement for future chapters. The rule of awsome is working quite well for the story!
yourmom chapter 46 . 9/22/2010
Please update soon! The last 4 chapters were awesome
Gary chapter 46 . 9/22/2010
I just wanted to say that I've really enjoyed reading this, and hope that there's more to come. It's compelling, and I'd say I enjoyed it as much as I have any story, published or otherwise, that I can remember.

I hope that there's more to come. :)
Elizabeth chapter 46 . 9/22/2010
I'm enjoying this story very much.

But...

***Spoiler***

Dumbledore would never make such a bet with Quirrell. It is completely out of character.
Baughn chapter 46 . 9/22/2010
I loved the last two chapters, but I've read them three times already and I think I'm getting withdrawal symptoms.

How's the next chapter going?
Rebel Goddess chapter 46 . 9/22/2010
The storyline conversation was excellent. I think Harry's train of logic, while understandable, is fatally flawed in more than one place. Then again, I think higher level logic for an 11 year old who is contemplating the reasons for his parents' deaths is probably a bit much to ask. Wonderful story. Can't wait to read more.

PS - If you ever feel intrigued by fantasy that also attempts not to treat science as something that can be ignored at will, try Patrick Rothfuss's superb book 'The Name of the Wind'.
Rebel Goddess chapter 44 . 9/22/2010
What the hell just happened? I loved the different way you dealt with the dementor, with Harry's all too keen awareness of what his mother and father did wrong, but I'm a bit confused by what the Dementor actually did.
Rebel Goddess chapter 41 . 9/22/2010
Drop Lord? Oh good gods. That's hysterically funny. I loved the Gecko gloves. Just a guess after the wonderful underwater chapter, but have you been reading Ender's Game? Harry is really making me think of it.
27,142 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,331 1,338 1,339 1,340 1341 1,342 1,343 1,344 1,351 .. Last Next »