Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
AwsmAdm chapter 66 . 1/13/2011
I'm really glad Harry didnt go along with Quirrel's plot; god that would have been annoying. It looks like another army battle is coming up, and those are always fantastic. It's great to have hermione and everyone back after the azcaban arc, though i did enjoy that.
LemonySean chapter 67 . 1/13/2011
I love the Warhammer references in this story but the implication that Grey Knights work for Chaos is sacrilege to the Emperor. Expect Inquisition forces soon.
Chasing chapter 67 . 1/13/2011
Man, I love the Armies XD Though Chaos Legion is the best, of course. Good chap, as usual ;D
Ivar Hugo chapter 67 . 1/13/2011
Oh dear me, another awesome update. ‘“We’re the Grey Knights of Chaos.”’ Awesome. ‘“And by the way,” said Neville’s voice, “we’re invincible.”’ I can’t help but think that Chaos has a source within Sunshine, or that Hannah and Hermione weren’t being very discreet at all...

I love what you’re doing with Neville. He certainly deserves to be cool as well. (And Cedric the Super Hufflepuff? Haha, nice.)

I was wondering, reading the chapters preceding this one, about Hermione beating Harry in every class except Transfiguration and Broomstick Riding. What about Defence Against the Dark Arts? Isn’t that supposed to be the ONLY class in canon where Harry actually beats Hermione? Are you seriously suggesting that Hermione is beating THIS Harry in DADA as well? I suppose this latest chapter answered that question for me pretty clearly.
anonymous chapter 63 . 1/13/2011
It took me a little while, but the reference to Vecna was pretty amusing after I figured it out. Yay D&D!
anon chapter 67 . 1/13/2011
I think your writing is getting even better. Fun again, I wonder?
Drix chapter 67 . 1/13/2011
More great chapters! Don't get me wrong I love Harry, but I get the feeling you're picking on Hermione just a little...
timunderwood9 chapter 67 . 1/13/2011
Oh my God.

Did Harry just take *another* level in badass?
matchynishi chapter 67 . 1/13/2011
I enjoyed some parts; but some things are getting a bit tiring, but maybe it's just me. Loved the lightsabres and Daphne, but Harry's obnoxiousness is getting a bit irritating now alskdjfa i am totally rooting for hermione even though she seems to be defeated now..
Dureth chapter 67 . 1/13/2011
The chainmail was an awesome touch. Yes. Thank you.
BLT chapter 67 . 1/13/2011
This story was interesting and actually very good, but now it's getting tiresome. Not the plot itself, perhaps, but the anvils, the overdramaticness of speech and thought, how "logic" is always right and unfailing. Humans, while predictable, are also irrational. The very BEING of magic is illogic. To crush magic into logic ruins the whole story. Compromise, coexistance, and conflict are fascinating, but the obliteration of the meaning of magic itself is meaningless. In addition, my suspense of belief is getting EXTREMELY strained. No matter how much "godmode" or "superpowered" Harry is, I'm finding it increasingly improbable that he can do fifth level spells such as stupefy. I'm also sick of him being allknowing and allpowerful. He's eleven goddammit. No matter how smart he is an how mature he acts, I can assure you, by aquaintance of many eleven year olds and a ten year old brother, that harry needs to be more wrong. Emotional. Irrational. Illogical. It's no fun to read a story that lectures its readers and places adult characteristics in an eleven year old's skin. I'm not saying children can't act mature for their age; you've gone beyond that. Also, you might have some grand master planned plot, but seeing as we're 60 chapters in and it's still 1st year, I wonder what's left or how interesting it'll be. Another thing, the whole army thing. I know guys love battles and fighting ad strategy and omigosh it's so awesome and cool, but seriously. My eye is starting to twitch from what seems like self-aggrandizing, gratuitous, living vicariously through your characters wish fufillment. It was fun for a time but it seems pointless. Pointlessness is acceptable when it's very small, but the army thing is getting bigger. I guess I could see the experience coming in handy for some grand showdown, but do we really have to put up with it until third year or whenever Harry defeats Voldemort? In my opinion, it would have been better to create combined year armies, to place Harry in a situation under someone else's command. Disobeying orders, specialized units, Harry hit with court martials or even rebelling completely against the army system and forming a resistance group "The Chaos Legion" or whatever. So much potential.

One other thing. Avoid abusing italics, or your story's going to look like one of Mercedes Lackey's novels.

Like I said, I do like many aspects of your story. But it's my right and duty as a reader to help the writer make it better for mutual pleasure. So keep going. Hell, ignore what I say if it makes you feel better or if you think I'm nuts. Improvement is what every writer should strive for, even if writin is for mild amusement, pleasure, a random hobby, or your life. Otherwise, why bother?

Sourdough bread,

NougatEvolution chapter 67 . 1/13/2011
Aw, poor overconfident Hermione.

Reflexive hypothesis testing for the win, however.
sup chapter 67 . 1/13/2011
Didn't even realise how much I missed your "fun to write" chapters until they came back. 3
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 67 . 1/13/2011
Nice, fun fights. Thanks!
VA23 chapter 67 . 1/13/2011
Excellent as always
30,714 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,338 1,345 1,346 1,347 1348 1,349 1,350 1,351 1,358 .. Last Next »