Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Anon chapter 4 . 6/14/2011
One of the limits on the arbitrage system that doesn't occur to Harry is the RATE at which the goblins will make the exchange. If they drag their claws during either the coinage process or if they have some sort of hold period it might not be possible to make money this way.

Absolutely love the story, it's so clever!
gecoma chapter 58 . 6/14/2011
THIS IS MY BROOMSTICK!
Liz chapter 72 . 6/14/2011
So amazing!
RCG chapter 5 . 6/14/2011
The funniest thing I've read in a long time!
Thelibrarain17 chapter 4 . 6/13/2011
Oh! That was wonderful! Keep writing plz!
Your name chapter 72 . 6/13/2011
there is so much relieved tension and aftermaths happening that i am wondering if quirrel will bring in another strange creature (like a boggart because voldie would want to know what harry is most afraid of)...

then again, if quirrel/voldie stay as a single entity for the rest of the series, I would not be surprised.

well done. I love it.
Guest chapter 30 . 6/13/2011
Hermione doesnt sound all sunshiny and shes not all that bookish
zork chapter 26 . 6/13/2011
gecoma, the bit you're looking for is at the end of chapter 26, "Noticing Confusion".
lobo32 chapter 72 . 6/13/2011
This story is great. The best thing I read in a long time. I read through in one go and am now eagerly waiting for the next chapters.

One thing I'm missing is a bibliography. In the story several books are named that would be a good read up, but the story is to good to pause even for the time required to note down the title of a book.

Matthias
kristenrosypop chapter 4 . 6/12/2011
I love how i feel like i am learning more readin this story than i do going to school
gecoma chapter 72 . 6/12/2011
just reread this, and i could have sworn that there was a scene missing from the last time i read it. the scene in question is rita scetters P.O.V in her death scene in which quirrel scuishes her in her animagus form. if anyone knnows which chapter that scene was from i think i must have skipped it or something
David DeLaney dbdatvic chapter 72 . 6/12/2011
This is not a review - at least, not of this work. Rather, I'm dropping by to share a "Whoa" moment from to-day. I bought Kurzweil's book _The Singularity Is Near_ and started reading it; in the Prologue, near the end, he's talking about how nanofogs and virtual reality could produce the effects the kids and wizards in the Harry Potter novels can use. Then, in the first footnote to Chapter 1, who gets namechecked but our own Eliezer? Wasn't expecting that juxtaposition. He gets referred to several more times, too.

[What makes this a "whoa" moment? The book's from 2005... :) ]

-Dave
madbrad chapter 72 . 6/12/2011
The first scene was the best part of the chapter, for me. Harry's careful establishment of his 'public commenting' policy. And the way you described the Cloak and its 'loan' to Hermione worked very well.

'accio stupid heroine'. Heh. :-) The exploits of S.P.H.E.W. continue to be greatly entertaining.

Thank you for continuing your story!
Fantastic111 chapter 70 . 6/12/2011
Cimorene Linderwall!

I love your little references to other works. They make my heart go all warm and fuzzy inside!
Rednal chapter 72 . 6/12/2011
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: Demiguise

"Demiguise pelts are highly valued as the hair may be spun into Invisibility Cloaks."

Hermione didn't quite seem to note the presence of OTHER cloaks which most probably exist in the Wizarding world.

Just a thought.
32,987 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,338 1,345 1,346 1,347 1348 1,349 1,350 1,351 1,358 .. Last Next »