Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
MungoJerry chapter 5 . 12/12/2010
Does Mr. Potter ever learn the Methods of Empathy?
scmccarthy chapter 1 . 12/12/2010
I can't stress enough how happy it makes me to read fiction with such competent characters. Combining this with the fairly interesting setting of Harry Potter, and a plot that seems to be excellent so far, was a pretty good plan. This story is AMAZING - keep writing!
J-Kid chapter 63 . 12/12/2010
Wow. Yes, the Milgram experiments were deeply disturbing, and for that I am glad to see it linked to what Harry did with Quirrell, because that makes things have so much more sense. I'm glad Hermione is there for Harry after all that has been going on, even if Harry can't tell her everything. Lestrange bit was very scary in more than one way as well.

BTW, I'm curious if you saw the movie "21" with Kevin Spacey. Quirrell reminds me of the professor Kevin Spacey plays in the movie who recruits his students to learn how to count cards and cheat at blackjack in Vegas casinos, and his at first reluctant new apprentice- and how said prodigy gets pulled into the gambling life. I have some caveats about the movie, and Spacey's character is definitely the best part, in my opinion, but I can definitely see some parallels here.
Icy Dragon Flame chapter 55 . 12/12/2010
Four days (or three I forget already) filled with nonstop reading and laughing to death and understanding everything. I've only read a couple of stories that are as in depth as this one and can I just praise you for everything you've written so far? You're definitely a great person with a skill for writing (and research if everything you talk about is anything to think about.) Keep it up and I can't wait to read more! And learn along the journey as well and we do need some more chapters with the Legion of Chaos!
simon-st chapter 1 . 12/12/2010
This story setting is so brilliant. I was hooked right from the start, and I had to laugh every other paragraph, although my knowledge of the original HP canon is quite limited. Thanks for this great fanfiction!
w chapter 19 . 12/12/2010
Good things:

Churchill quote.

"Harry's stomach sank. He had apparently said something very significant and he did not know why. This was not a good sign." He does need to be more careful when playing around.

"I'm open to that," said Harry, who was already trying to figure out how to exploit it.

"That's an odd question, Professor," said Draco. "I mean,

who'd be dumb enough to admit it?"

"You, Mr. Potter, are an idiot. But then so was I at your age. Thus I anticipated your answer and altered today's lesson plan accordingly. Mr. Gregory Goyle, if you would come forward, please?"

No, I'd need to copy-paste the entire chapter. Quite amazing.
MungoJerry chapter 4 . 12/12/2010
Harry is a bit of a turd. Heh!
MungoJerry chapter 1 . 12/12/2010
This entire exercise strikes me as incredibly silly, but it looks like it'll be a fun ride anyhow. Ha!
koipen chapter 3 . 12/12/2010
The description of Diagon alley seems to be a little out of the hat for me. Flubber as a word is just a bit glamentic.

I still think you handled the collision of Harry and the wizards better than most people, even though it still reads mostly like Rowlings original. It seems that writing this scene is a tumbling stone for most ficcers, and they just can't do it very well. But atleast you got most of it through in one chapter, leaving other room for fun it other chapters.

Strategic evasion due to laziness.
Southern Amateur chapter 3 . 12/12/2010
I'm in awe. Poor Harry and this genetic parent crap. Parents are parents, no matter what. Especially when they die to save you.

I love this version.
Southern Amateur chapter 2 . 12/12/2010
Haha. Very amusing!
Littlemissdarling chapter 5 . 12/12/2010
This chapter had me laughing all the way through, great job.
Southern Amateur chapter 1 . 12/12/2010
Very interesting introduction indeed. I'm excited to see the next chapter.
koipen chapter 2 . 12/12/2010
Shows some bit of technobabble. It sets me off quite the bit here. The chapter itself is actually quite funny. McGonagall is brilliant already, making her quite the bit whiter character.

Up.
koipen chapter 1 . 12/12/2010
I have read every chapter and now plan to place reviews on all of them.

This chapter definitely shows the pure brokenness of the Hogwarts system: they send letter to people's houses without any advice. It would have been interesting to know what would have happened without Mrs. Figg...

Or it was planned all along.

The writing is much more thought-out than in the last chapters I think. Seems you planned it out.
30,232 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,343 1,350 1,351 1,352 1353 1,354 1,355 1,356 1,363 .. Last Next »