Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Tangshou chapter 27 . 1/4/2011
Weasley twins 'making a quick trip to the magic mirror and back.' Nice.

I like Snape's reason for using Quidditch scores in the house cup contest. I don't think I would have ever thought of that.

I very much approve of how this sub-plot with Snape turned out. Though I don't buy that Severus would care that much about Harry's opinion on the matter. Not nearly enough to almost kill him for insulting Lily.

Also, Neville is acting a little too much as Harry's puppet. Will he do everything Harry says? Why?
Tangshou chapter 26 . 1/4/2011
Wonderful chapter.

Nice dig on sectumsempra from cannon. Quirrell showing interest in the prophesy is more evidence that he is Quirrellmort.

Q figured out that it was the Weasleys that did the prank on Rita right when they arrived at Gringotts. I wonder if that was coincidence or if there is some magical residue that he detected. The Great Seal of Gringotts may have been involved in the prank. However, if there was such a residue it seems others would have found it, or will find it. So it's probably just coincidence. Anyway, Dumbledore probably did all the work.

Rita's death makes a great story.
Gogolu chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
Nice.
Tangshou chapter 25 . 1/4/2011
Nice re-ordering of the acts. It works well here. From reading the comments it seems some readers didn't notice that act 3 is the previous chapter and think it is just missing.
Tangshou chapter 24 . 1/4/2011
I like this chapter. It has a great theme and many nice details. More chapters like this please.
Tangshou chapter 23 . 1/4/2011
The experiment was quite rushed, and evidence a little weak to come to such a certain conclusion. There may be nothing wrong with that story-wise though. Harry thought about this before and got the answer he expected. Draco doesn't really know any better.

I like the magic in this world better than in cannon. I'm always annoyed by magical systems that don't seem to have any rules. It feels like anything can happen at any time because there is so much unknown and the author can make anything happen. The attempts that Harry makes to open the door, and the explanations that go along with it are a good example of a magical system should be though about.
Tangshou chapter 22 . 1/4/2011
The experiments with Hermoine were great, and so was her conclusion.
Kutta chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
Great chapter
Kutta chapter 64 . 1/4/2011
Fun omake.

Typo: tengen TOPPA instead of TOPPEN.
Rohan Bernett chapter 64 . 1/4/2011
I definitely liked these ideas for alternate stories which could have been tackled. Personally, I'm most interested in the takes on The Lord Of The Rings and The Lion The Witch And The Wardrobe. If you don't take them up, I really hope someone else does. While I don't think I could pull it off myself, I would love to read them.

By the way, nice Shout Out to Fermat's Last Theorem.
Raineh Daze chapter 65 . 1/4/2011
Huge, unwieldy webs of deceit are still hilarious to watch unravel.
Raineh Daze chapter 64 . 1/4/2011
Wonder what Frodo said they have to do?

... Gurren Lagann/Warhammer 40K? God-emperor Simon? XD
Tangshou chapter 21 . 1/4/2011
Nice. Nothing much to say but here's your review.
Tangshou chapter 20 . 1/4/2011
This is at least the 3rd or 4th time reading this chapter. A lot of content here. From reading your story I am re-realizing that a story's interestingness is highly correlated with the narration and dialog, which in turn is highly correlated with the number of great quotable lines. Fight Club is another example of this that comes to mind.

Here is one line I love, but I'm not sure if it's intentional:

You will find nothing in the newspapers about QUIRINUS QUIRRELL until I decided it was time for ME to teach Defense at Hogwarts."

There's nothing unusual about this sentence to draw attention, but it could mean: "Quirinus Quirrell did nothing newsworthy until I, Voldemort, decided it was time for me to teach at Hogwarts."

Did Quirrellmort intentionally cast the space spell knowing that Dumbledore would interrupt? If teaching Harry is Quirrell's #1 goal, his #2 goal seems to be turning Harry against Dumbledore.
Aquatic-Idealist chapter 64 . 1/4/2011
I apologize for not reviewing sooner.

The first few chapters were a hook that drove me to follow this fic (been a reader since chapter 50 or so, got caught up quickly.) It's been hilarious and intriguing, but sadly I felt unworthy to leave a review.

But your Fate Sane Night forced me to react...

This chapter... Should be illegal. I'm sure at least hundreds of people have died from laughter. How could you?...
30,551 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,344 1,351 1,352 1,353 1354 1,355 1,356 1,357 1,364 .. Last Next »