Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
prancelot chapter 61 . 11/28/2010
Dumbledore has fallen right into Quirrell's trap.

Voldemort and Bellatrix are just red herrings. Quirrell staged the Azkaban gambit to convince Dumbledore that Voldemort had returned, and to undermine Harry's faith in the established order. Now Dumbledore will isolate and further alienate Harry in his misguided attempts to protect, while simultaneously pushing Harry as the prophecied saviour behind whom everyone should rally in the face of an unspeakable threat. Harry will end up elevated to leadership by Dumbledore himself, but radicalized and embittered to the point that he adopts Quirrell's outlook. Whether or not Voldemort ever returns in fact, Quirrell's ultimate dreams of a united Britain under a strong dictator are closer to coming true.
TrisakAminawn chapter 62 . 11/28/2010
That was actually pretty cool, despite the overuse generally of the 'Fawkes gets angry with Albus and sides with Harry' motif. Very cool. You do excellent things and your author tracts have been irritating me less lately. Got my vote.
yamiishot chapter 62 . 11/28/2010
So Harry has a phoenix now...I'm trying to resist a joke about always having access to phoenix down now but nevermind XD
Ham Nox chapter 62 . 11/28/2010
Oooh, the pheonix leaving Dumbledore for Harry... Classic fanfic move, usually done in response to ManipulativeBastard!Dumbledore, but I like yours better. Dumbledore has a point about not doing anything rash, but SOMETHING needs to be done, soon. That evil has been going on for far too long already.

One thing though-Harry knows that the message came back, and has known it all the time that he was messing around in Azkaban. There could be any number of reasons why they might NOT have received a message. (Succeeded with no one the wiser and had no reason too send one... Captured or Dead... No one thought to do the obvious test because wizards are incompetent...)

If he had received a message, then it would mean that they'd failed to completely escape suspicion and/or someone had it sent to avoid a paradox. (Not necessarily an enemy-perhaps they wouldn't have succeeded without being paranoid that they'd already lost) Shouldn't Harry or Quirrel have thought of that?
Animekitty47 chapter 62 . 11/28/2010
Whoa, did Dumbledore just lose his phoneix? The way you worded, maybe not, like an angry person who just wants to get away from the source of their anger, but it doesn't necessarily mean they're cutting all ties with them. Fawkes is awesome either way. XP As is McGonagall. I almost think Harry might've taken it better if he heard the first part from her. Though its interesting your Dumbledore doesn't trust his blood wards when book Dumbledore was perfectly willing to let Harry go back to a home that he knew was not treating him well just for the sake of those wards and the Power of Love protection they continued. .
Peregrinate chapter 62 . 11/28/2010
Oooh, I like. And is there one more chapter before haitus, or is this? I hope there's another chapter, but I suppose I'll survive...
sensoray chapter 62 . 11/28/2010
ahhh! love the way how harry did the time turner action XD and poor dumbledore...his pheonix is gone...i wonder how the rest of the school will react to it?
WHCnelson chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
Haven't read this chapter yet but I will...
Quantumfruitpunch chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
I. Love. This. Story!
ByLanternLight chapter 62 . 11/28/2010
Very moving. This is a sentiment I feel acutely.
roshnir chapter 62 . 11/28/2010
Poor Harry. McGonagall's repeated assurance of her trust would have been tough to handle.

I hope Harry does get back to all those questions about V's resurrection and Dumbledore's hints about why Bellatrix was broken out of Azkaban in the aftermath.
NormalAnomaly chapter 62 . 11/28/2010
This chapter made me cry. Nobody is perfectly good or perfectly evil, I'm not particularly evil, but I'm a lot less good than Harry or you. Thank you for writing this.
Looney the coon chapter 62 . 11/28/2010
Awww, it's so fluffy!
FuzzyBoots chapter 62 . 11/28/2010
Were it not for a fair amount of establishing text on phoenixes being intelligent in the world of Harry Potter, I might accuse Harry of projecting, anthropomorphizing Fawkes's cries so that he hears what he wants, much as people do with their cats today when they meow.

So, Harry has some of the clues that he needs to realize that Quirrell's plans are likely not to his own good. The question is whether he can admit that he has been so wrong for so long. The fact that he's still got some degree of shock over magic existing might work for or against in this case.

Good story. Looking forward to the rest of the parts over the next month. :)
Eli Courtwright chapter 62 . 11/28/2010
Oh man, I just realized that you forshadowed Margaret Bulstrode haveing a Time Turner and how she 'wasn't very strict about how she used it, e.g. sharing really good pieces of gossip "before" anyone else had heard' in Chapter 46.

When Tracy and Daphne rush into the Slytherin common room to tell everyone the news about Harry and Hermione, they find that "Miss Bulstrode" had already told everyone! That's some awesome foreshadowing!

However, in Chapter 46 she's referred to as "Millicent" rather than "Margaret" - is that a nickname or a mistake?
29,964 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,348 1,355 1,356 1,357 1358 1,359 1,360 1,361 1,368 .. Last Next »