Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Gelacacine chapter 16 . 12/13/2010
I am impressed by Quirrel's speech, but McGonagal at least seemed to imply to Harry that the killing curse was "formed of pure hate" and doesn't seem like the kind of thing a good wizard could try... surely that would be common knowledge and if not Harry but other wizards (thinking Ron) would be um, a little bit outspoken against it, or if not outspoken, more scared, or sickened, not shocked?
potterinu chapter 63 . 12/13/2010
Just want to say wow look you have over 10000 reviews! :D
MungoJerry chapter 19 . 12/13/2010
I know it seems like it was a good exercise, but it still doesn't feel right..

Also, you should know you are responsible for the creation of this COCAINE.
Gelacacine chapter 15 . 12/13/2010
Science applied to magic is weird. At least this is well done (no Quantum Mechanics Lingo that doesn't say anything), but i really hope there is more.
Gelacacine chapter 14 . 12/13/2010
Sometimes I have to wonder why protagonists always get so many advantages: an invisibility cloak that kept me hidden would be enough to rule the world - easily. Break into the white house, blackmail the president with photos, or just learn his password and change electronic things. But no, an invisibility cloak and a time-turner?
Celebrien chapter 63 . 12/13/2010
This story is simply stunning. I don't believe I've read a fic other than this with as much exquisite attention to detail. You are made of win, as this is easily one of the best I've ever read. :D
WestWard101 chapter 63 . 12/13/2010
Yay! Over a thousand!
Gelacacine chapter 13 . 12/13/2010
Reading this chapter to friends, i find it rather impressive how some people just get it, and some people just don't. I loved the chapter though.
vighnngaigh chapter 1 . 12/13/2010
yay i think I got the thousandth review! hooray for methods of rationality! may it live on forever and ever for all quirrel points, amen!

Connor chapter 63 . 12/13/2010
If I hit the submit button at just the right moment, this will be Methods of Rationality's 10,000th review.
vighnngaigh chapter 63 . 12/13/2010
Amazing as always! The plot twists intense, yet not overwhelming, and the entire thing so engaging... I am enjoying this more than the original books, which I never believed possible)

thank you, and I look forward to your update:)
Gelacacine chapter 12 . 12/13/2010
Please let Dumbledore be an animagus owl. Although, given how many things Harry has to resolve, I really don't see why he doesn't keep a diary.

To be fair if Dumbledore is not an animagus owl, then, well, Harry was not paying much attention to his surroundings at the time. Also no reason Ron wouldn't go off and complain to authority, though it isn't ronish, and no reason Ron wouldn't meet the headmaster's eye, though the headmaster i would hope would um, not use his powers so frequently.
Gelacacine chapter 11 . 12/13/2010
Harry Potter-Evans-Verres knew he had to turn back, and Griffindor was the house that he hadn't wanted to be in, so that was the one he wanted to be in. Now just to do something incredibly foolish, brave and stupid. He stood up, on the chair and said 'I'm sorry'. There was a clunk and he fell over. On the ground was an unconscious Harry, an torn sorting hat, and a sword.

or...

The sorting hat barely touched Harry's scar before saying "Slytherin", but McGonagal had already let go out of the hat, and touching Harry's mind it cried out again "Griffindor".

"It seems as though you are in two different houses." Dumbledore said politely. "Who knew you could upset both Severus and Minerva?"
Gelacacine chapter 10 . 12/13/2010
If the hat is borowing Harry's Intellegence, then it is fair, I suppose that it is borrowing his sense of humor as well. I enjoyed it.
Gelacacine chapter 9 . 12/13/2010
I love the Ghostbuster and Lumberjack, though it really wasn't necessary... It makes sense in a 'rational' fanfiction that Neville goes to Hufflepuff, and Hermione to Ravenclaw, but it seems to indicate that neither of them are going to do anything stupid and heroic yet, which is disappointing.
30,371 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,350 1,357 1,358 1,359 1360 1,361 1,362 1,363 1,370 .. Last Next »