Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
lody-el chapter 72 . 5/29/2011
a new reader who like your fic
Ulifan chapter 64 . 5/29/2011
okaaaayyy...how did you know i was five hours past exactly? hmmmm coincidence? lol great story keep it up! (and no im not going to go to sleep, if not this story im sure it would be someone elses, my sleep time seems to have switched to the afternoon...)
TheAzreal chapter 5 . 5/28/2011
Draco Malfoy gets credit for being a bright boy with a great sense of humor here. I always wondered if it were so even in the books- Harry's view of Malfoy is kind of like Snape's view of the Marauder's.
TheAzreal chapter 4 . 5/28/2011
I teach in a school for advanced studies. I believe I understand Minerva's exasperation perfectly.
TheAzreal chapter 3 . 5/28/2011
"(And somewhere in the back of his mind was a small, small note of confusion, a sense of something wrong about that story; and it should have been a part of Harry's art to notice that tiny note, but he was distracted. For it is a sad rule that whenever you are most in need of your art as a rationalist, that is when you are most likely to forget it.)"

There's something very fairytale like about this. Like a modern morality story. I like that.
TheAzreal chapter 2 . 5/28/2011
'The March of Reason went on:' that's really uplifting somehow. And I really don't doubt that Harry would get around that pesky wand problem in pursuit of Science!
TheAzreal chapter 1 . 5/28/2011
No respect. Of course you'd get no respect, if your father was a professor: those are the type of people who think they know everything.
Speechwriter chapter 72 . 5/28/2011
Hey, Mr. Yudkowsky. Just wanted to officially congratulate you on being the number one reviewed HP fic IN THE WORLD EVER. You deserve each and every one.

*waves MoR victory flag like a madwoman*

(Oh, actually, I'm not sure, but I think My Immortal may have had more than that before it got deleted off FFnet. If you're not familiar with My Immortal, it was hailed as the worst fanfiction ever written. Also, the worst anything ever written. It has its own tvtropes page.

I sort of wish it were still up so I could have the pleasure of seeing MoR dethrone it, though.)
The Karlminion chapter 72 . 5/28/2011
This is intense. Intensely intense. Wheels within wheels and all that guff. "Preparing for the next war..." Brilliant.

Also: Congrats on being number one! We deserve it!

-Karl
qwop chapter 72 . 5/28/2011
edit: "man-shaped living lethifold" is used twice in succession- reword?

It's SO EXCITING to see the plots moving along, especially Harry/Draco! This makes me want to live more rationally.
Esreque chapter 19 . 5/28/2011
You... -twitch- Mornelithe Falconsbane? My dear author, am I correct in assuming that I've found a fellow Mercedes Lackey reader?
arkleseizure chapter 72 . 5/28/2011
I don't know what Snape's doing. I feel a little lost. I don't know what's going on.

All I know is that I like it. This is the best mental workout I've had all day, since I spent fifteen minutes talking to two IBM employees about their sexy revision control system.
Nytefyre chapter 72 . 5/28/2011
I love this fanfic for so many reasons... First and foremost, I really appreciate your stated first law of fanfic. I once read an interview with an author where they said you had to hate your characters to make them worth reading, because if you loved them how could you ever keep putting them in such difficulties? Second, I really have enjoyed the discussions of rationality and logic.

Keep it up! I eagerly await the next chapter.
w chapter 72 . 5/28/2011
Welcome back! Congratulations on being number one.

Pretty good chapter. The ending is terrific. So is Susan Bones. Who put the trap? So is Draco as well, he's probably the best character you have in the story. And Q's single line is seriously scary.

Looking forward.
bonesxxq chapter 64 . 5/28/2011
well i have read more than 15,000 words of this fanfiction, and i think it is about time a leave a review!

It is an awesome fanfiction, and i am eagerly waiting for more
32,889 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,350 1,357 1,358 1,359 1360 1,361 1,362 1,363 1,370 .. Last Next »