Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
sarj2490 chapter 9 . 5/15/2011
The departure from the books in the sorting of the characters is odd, but only because it's not familiar, not because it doesn't make sense and that is the fact that is driving me crazy. Why wasn't Hermione in Ravenclaw? Or Neville in Hufflepuff? Gah!
Sidelines chapter 33 . 5/15/2011
I literally started clapping when you wrote, "Why are you all up side down?" Love to the Enderverse and injecting logic into magic.
HiBob chapter 22 . 5/15/2011
I tried to read your reviews for this chapter to make sure I didn't repeat anything. After reading them I feel I should apoligize for not belonging to MENSA and promise to keep quiet.
Vindeen chapter 47 . 5/15/2011
BWAHAHAHAHA!xD I'm at the 47th chapter and just had a terrible laughing attack. Could've died, I'm telling you)

Here's why:

/.../

D: "You're a Parselmouth, you can speak Parseltongue, it's the language of all snakes everywhere. You can understand any snake when it talks, and they can understand when you talk to them... Harry, you can't possibly believe you were Sorted into Ravenclaw! You're the Heir of Slytherin!"

H: "SNAKES ARE SENTIENT?"

/.../
Sheaman chapter 15 . 5/15/2011
Something I've wanted to point out for a while but aren't sure that I did before is that I understand if you didn't want Harry's mysterious dark side to boost his powers in any way, but with the one test he ran of it, all he "eliminated" was the possibility of having a super-competent dark side. He could be overpowering the spell like mad, but if he isn't doing it correctly then it still won't get any colder. Just a thought.

I don't think I've said it lately, so just in case: I think that your story is great, easily my favorite HP fic, and I hope that you find writing MoR easier and update soon.
Sheaman chapter 9 . 5/14/2011
One point, that has most likely been made but should be mentioned just in case, is that Lee Jordan's dad was heavily implied to be a wizard, in that he was one of the people that Ludo Bagman owed money to from the Quidditch World Cup. He could well have had a Muggle mother, though.

I find it interesting that here he says that there has never been any voice but one, and later he has a number of voices yammering away.
sarj2490 chapter 7 . 5/14/2011
And we're back to brilliance. I have many favorite lines and sections from this chapter, but to be concise, I shall just pick the first one I liked.

"Okay, so either (a) I just teleported somewhere else entirely (b) they can fold space like no one's business or (c) they are simply ignoring the rules."

Thank you again. I continuously find myself smiling while reading this story. :)
sarj2490 chapter 6 . 5/14/2011
Harry got a little preachy in this chapter for my taste. Also, why is he trying to throw up? It's just a little strange.
sarj2490 chapter 5 . 5/14/2011
Wow, this really does just keep getting better.
Strange chapter 71 . 5/14/2011
I can haz progress bar for new update?
SaintNicholas119 chapter 39 . 5/14/2011
Why didn't Dumbledore mention Dementors? Souls must exist if they can be sucked out of you.
sarj2490 chapter 4 . 5/14/2011
Also love this:

"Then again, Harry was standing in a bank that literally stored your money in vaults full of gold coins guarded by dragons, where you had to go in and take out coins out of your vault whenever you wanted to spend money. The finer points of arbitraging away market inefficiencies might well be lost on them. He'd been tempted to make some sort of snide remark about the crudity of their financial system...

But the sad thing is, their way is probably better.

On the other hand, one competent hedge fundie could probably own the whole wizarding world within a week. Harry filed away this notion in case he ever ran out of money, or had a week free."

Just sayin'.
sarj2490 chapter 1 . 5/14/2011
"If he was going to descend into this madness, he was going to do it with style."

I'm just so in love with this line and the whole story so far and I've only just read chapter 1. Thank you so so much!
Guest chapter 1 . 5/14/2011
It seems to undermine everything that made Harry Potter into Harry Potter, but I admit that I liked it. I'm curious for what comes next.
anon chapter 71 . 5/14/2011
fitzmorrispr: It's an ewok. :D
32,687 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,351 1,358 1,359 1,360 1361 1,362 1,363 1,364 1,371 .. Last Next »