Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Isa Knightwalker chapter 26 . 7/17/2011
One thing that I don't really like is how you point out things that Harry does in the actual books and then say they are extremely stupid. Obviously Harry does some stupid things, but I think it's rather annoying to have them all pointed out one by one as though Harry would never do those things (even though his actual character did) since he's basically insulting his canon self, "I do not understand how anything with that small a brain could walk upright," which is rather harsh of you. I don't know, it's a good story and obviously this Harry is very different, but does it really make him smarter/better in your opinion when he insults his canon self? Since all people make stupid mistakes and the important thing is that they learn from them so they won't do them in the future, etc. Plus I thought that in the earlier chapters that Harry said he didn't like when others purposely asked questions, etc to make themselves seem smarter or belittled others to make themselves smarter and that is what you are doing with this Harry versus canon!Harry imo. /rantish since I really do like canon!Harry and in general I hate when people bash others to make themselves seem smarter (although I'm sure everyone does that at some point, but it seems to be becoming a pattern with this Harry).

Also "Let the stupid ones die before they breed" and Harry not even arguing with that statement, wtf. It makes they both seem like eugenicists, quite disgusting. Harry kind of reminds me of an even more unsympathetic evil-ish Dr. Brennan (from Bones) at times.

Anyway, for some positives! I like when you explain the actual studies or experiments since I often have not heard of some of them (being a psych major) that involve more science-like things. I also liked the rumor stuff lol.

I did like when Harry showed some caring, although sad that it managed to go away so soon. And omg did Quirrel seriously kill Rita? He's so evil and Harry trusts him so much, it's like Barty!Mad-eye all over again and Harry fails to see what he is truly like even with his new intelligence (or he is evil and this is actually a dark!Harry fic and perhaps I just failed to notice lol).
ahd chapter 72 . 7/17/2011
The scenelet with Professor Sprout probably needs a bit more context added to either end to make it clearer for those of us who are hard of thinking.

And does "around six years above their level" (i.e. plus or minus some years, not just a one-sided error bar) imply an actual formal level of wizard education beyond seventh-year Hogwarts?

Otherwise, this is well up to your usual standards of awesome.
Isa Knightwalker chapter 25 . 7/17/2011
Weird that they think the Marauder's Map was created by someone before the Marauders since I thought it would say on the map that they created it (and Lupin said that in the books too, didn't he?) Not sure if they think that or it is really part of the story that someone else made the map.

Anyway can't wait to see what the Twins end up doing!
Isa Knightwalker chapter 24 . 7/17/2011
Interesting, can't wait to see if Draco does learn to trust Harry more. And lol Harry.
woodspritethatconqueredpeople chapter 5 . 7/16/2011
I've only read a small part of this story so far, but I just wanted to say how wonderfully amusing this chapter was. :)
Soaring Heart chapter 5 . 7/16/2011
That was the best chapter I have ever read. I was laughing so much I was almost crying and my sister thought I was going crazy when she saw me laughing so hard. I cannot wait to see what else you write. Keep up the great work. You have turned me into a fan.
finite chapter 72 . 7/16/2011
WHERE IS RON? Who cares about Draco?
Bittersweet Freedom chapter 33 . 7/16/2011
OH MY GOD.

So many Ender's Game references. And you even had a Death Note one earlier. XD

I love you. 3
Charlotte chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
I'm a Chinese. It's a little hard for me to read your fic and to write the review. I'v read a translation of chapter 1 and then got interested in your fic.I'll work it my best.
m chapter 18 . 7/15/2011
One question one might ask is: if the answers were NOT in the textbook, how could Hermione know them? Surely, she couldn't have had acces to the Hogwards Library before the school year, so how could she learn concepts that were not even mentioned in passing in their syllabus?
Ruin Dun Burnit chapter 24 . 7/15/2011
The Great and All-Power Mr Wrong,

I have been reading this fic for a long while now, and I've only reviewed now. Sorry about that.

I will review the other chapters in due time, but I just wanted to take this opportunity by the balls to say this, whether someone has already done so or not.

"Ah... the obligatory Death Note reference... I'd never thought we'd sink that low."

There, done. No regrets!

I'm loving this so far, this is brilliant. You must make this available to be sold in book form, if you can, and have most of the money go to a charity, with J.K's approval (just need to get that first). The rest of the money can fund the actual publication and printing, that sort of thing - unless you're already minted, in which case, you shouldn't be a tighhtwad and must therefore give all to charity if possible. Ah well, just a suggestion.

Thanks, oh Omniscient one!

Ruin Takada

P.S. It is one of my goals to write a Death Note/Harry Potter fic, and it'd be great if you could find time to give hints and helps every now and again. If you could, that would be simply awesome.

P.P.S. I find it is common courtesy to read and review at least one fic written by a reviewer. I know most (if not all) of my stories are Death Note fics, but I'd appreciate it if you could.
bleeerrrrgh chapter 6 . 7/15/2011
this positively one of the best HP fics in its category. iwould say the best of all but its not in the same category as one of the others i really like
Sylkie chapter 1 . 7/14/2011
I didn't make it to far into the first chappie. Got intimidated by the fancy word'n in the author's note. Feel'n rather brain dead the moment...long day. Might try to read another time. Thank you for writing!
Materia-Blade chapter 39 . 7/14/2011
This chapter has given me a very very strong urge to write a fanfic in which Voldemort is converted to christianity. Lulz. A rather marvelous one at that.
Anon aka Chicken chapter 72 . 7/14/2011
Incredible.

Incredible. I have only ever read one fanfiction which was in the remote same LEAGUE as this (obviously Deathnote.) The complexity of this piece-coz lets face it working with time is a pain-and the sheer amount of scientific application to magic.

I love all of the changes you have made to the series. The magical paintball fights? Hilarious. And Harry's speech before the first battle("The truth is, most of you are probably going to die") is priceless.

I like the more frequent encounters with Minerva, she was truly quite a waste of a good character in canon, and the relationship which is develiping between her and Harry is both amusing(because she totally knows that he's evil, she just doesn't realise how evil). As is the strange friendship between Harry and Draco, Harry and Hermione and, well, Harry and everyone.

Huzzah for an evil(-ish) Dumbledore, he's even more fuddy-duddy than in canon.

Gotta admit, I don't understand alot of the more scientific references, but that's alright. I never do anyway.

I have noticed that it's been a while since you last updated. Please, please, please, don't stop writing this fic. It truly is priceless, and for those of us who have just come to the realisation that Harry Potter is now over, as the last movie just came out, we need fanfiction to keep us living.

Please don't ever give up on this.
33,492 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,351 1,358 1,359 1,360 1361 1,362 1,363 1,364 1,371 .. Last Next »