Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
TBooki chapter 18 . 5/3/2010
Hehe, I couldn't stop laughing. It was hilarious!

I've always loved a very snarky Snape and you portrayed him perfectly!

Tbooki
humpolec chapter 18 . 5/3/2010
Awesome. I'm always reading this with a stupid happy smile stuck on my face.

Looking forward to next chapters!
WolfKeeper989 chapter 18 . 5/3/2010
That was good.
stickzx chapter 18 . 5/3/2010
Brilliant!

Just brilliant, a wonderfully original and well crafted piece of fanfiction. I very much enjoyed your story so far and will continue to be an avid fan. Please continue, it is very nice to see an author who understands conflict, character personality, and the laws of fanfiction.

Some criticism however, it took you 40,0 or 8 chapters to get Harry to Hogwarts. Although some of the scenes were quite enjoyable the pacing just got really really slow and it just felt really bogged down. However, it picked right back up once he arrived at Hogwarts and it's been great since.

Another criticism is although your humor is great, some scenes are just straight out of crack. If there was anything I would say improve upon it would be that.

Otherwise great work! I absolutely adore it, your characterization of Harry is amazing. The go between of good or evil, never really knowing which side he's on and walking the line portrayed very well.

Please continue your splendid work.
Nightdreamerms chapter 7 . 5/3/2010
Just wanted to say, you speak of Science and Logic beautifully. I personally, have always despised Science, or rather the views of the ones that taught it to me, for it seemed to be full of contempt and concretes. In retrospect, I suppose it was because I terribly disliked the power adults held over me and thus their ignorance of my thoughts and reasonings- similar to your Harry. Even in the "Gifted" classes I was set in based on IQ, it always irked me to no end the way all my teachers commanded compliance but not understanding of their teachings; science, especially. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I understand science is supposed to based on the "Rat is always Right." sentiment. But commonly, those who study the sciences fail to allow this concept to sink through all and instead stubbornly call, "Mistake!" on rats that don't follow the regular pattern. It makes me happy that instead of condemning the magical world as impossible and trickery for all it's eccentricities, Scientist!Harry is looking at the illogical logically.

P.S. And the whole "Science is to Muggles what Magic is to Wizards, but all can use Science" was Genius.
Enelen chapter 18 . 5/3/2010
Best chapter ever! :D Am I right to notice that a) Severus has read the Lord of the Rings and b) starts to like Harry, even though he would kill him on the spot if he could?

Poor Harry, I can't imagine what troubles he will get himself into without his time-turner. He needs to get a grip and start *learning* anyway, so maybe this will help him, he really was becoming rather addicted.
pete chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
MOAR!
Jaxtopher chapter 18 . 5/3/2010
Dark. But I like it. It really does paint the necessary implications of Snape being the potions master after so long. The loss of the time-turner was expected, but very well done. I felt like there were good reasons for it's restriction, rather then just, "You can't run around with a toy like that!" and the plot taking it away. Harry's reaction seemed a bit strong at first, for someone his age, but he recovered it very well in the later bits and the whole thing felt good.

He is, after all, Dark Lord material.
Bridgefall chapter 13 . 5/3/2010
I'll write a longer review as soon as I finished the last chapter. I just want to tell you that this story is absolutely brilliant, has gained about twenty new Reviews in the time I was reading it and that you managed to do what my professors failed to do for nigh five years now - motivated me, interested me. Thank you, you made my year.

by the way, my friends have a game. it goes like this.

You lost the game.

Do you know it, because it's scarily similar to Harry's game. Nobody knows what game they just lost. Considering the game theories, it isn't even a game, just a bad, bad joke. But when I read that chapter just now, it hit me like, well, really now?

Another question, do you really have the motivation, time and Interest (with capital I) to read all reviews you get? Considering you're in your middle ages, have a job with normal working hours, have to read Less wrong (on my favourites bar now), have a social and family life and write these really good, really long chapters there, paired with normal human things like sleeping etc. you really shouldn't have the time to do it. Then there are those reviews with only “Great story, continue!” In them, which admittedly makes any writer happy, but really after 1500 (let's be optimistic and say the other 1800 leave somewhat longer reviews) of them 1.) your mailbox has to be really, really cramped and 2.) you have to be really, really bored of them.

So, do you read them?

Thanks, and please continue...
Nancy Lebovitz chapter 18 . 5/3/2010
That chapter is spectacular. Harry can't just push the adults around any more (though those bits were hysterically funny), but he's not out of his depth, either.

I appreciated the bit where, even though Harry won to a large extent, Dumbledore keeps negotiating. Most more realistic than a simple victory fantasy.

Harry's wealth gives him quite a large, simple tool for outstrengthing people. Do you suppose it might go the way of free use of the Time Turner?

In other words, I'm hoping to see the next chapter.
bananacupcakes chapter 18 . 5/3/2010
Hilarious:D
Please continue :]
Animagiman chapter 18 . 5/3/2010
just finished reading this fic. definitely one of the most original out there. i hope you can keep the high quality going.

If i may offer any criticism, it would be that the storyline itself has kind of slowed. while its fun to see harry's logical confrontations with the world, the pace you've set is impossibly slow. it would take hundreds of chapters to finish the first year. and i personally hope you expand this into a series stretching his entire hogwarts stay.

However now that you've had Harry introduced to all main profs, i suspect time to pick up in speed. I'm curious to see how you have harry perform when the main plot conflict arises.

either way, keep up the good work. even if you keep a slower more detailed look at his first year, this story has been added to my favorite list. i eagerly anticipate your next installment
DoubleC chapter 18 . 5/3/2010
I've been looking forward to the first Severus chapter with an expectation to savour it thoroughly and exquisitely, and I have not been disappointed. This chapter is epic and seems like a story in and of itself, pretty much able to be read as a standalone. Severus appears to be mysteriously multi-dementional, too; Dumbledore continues to be dangerously barmy, and Harry deeply amazing. Oh, and a sympathecit Minerva is a nice warm treat. Again, this was EPIC.
hjcallipygian chapter 18 . 5/3/2010
You could not have ended this chapter more perfectly.
Pommyth chapter 18 . 5/3/2010
Oh my god, oh my god... That's all i have to say... I don't think I have retained the capacity to think more clearly yet.
23,773 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,361 1,368 1,369 1,370 1371 1,372 1,373 1,374 1,381 .. Last Next »