Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
emanon chapter 32 . 7/25/2010
Great chapter. Liked the inclusion of the tactics from Ender's Game.
Slicerness chapter 32 . 7/25/2010
i predict that he will shoot himself in the name of sunshine and make it tied for everyone.
Vampyromaniac chapter 31 . 7/25/2010
Please reveal what there was left to 'get' in the 2nd aftermath with Snape and Miss Cornfoot!
Shining Ducky chapter 32 . 7/25/2010
Lagann spiral, lol.

Convulted.
HakumeiJin chapter 32 . 7/25/2010
It's pretty hard to decide what's going to happen just the fact you chose to omit it makes Zabini's choice of For Sunshine seem likely but even if that really is what's going to happen I can't be sure of the reason especially since we heard of Dumbledore "plotting" and saw no results unless things happened the way they did in the first place because of his plotting.

Also in the final showdown the sheer possibilities for betrayal were way too much. Honestly the only one I actually could trust the side of was Neville and just as he seemed to be surviving to the end he was defeated. Zabini was one of the worst and the one I considered most likely quadruple agent since one was said to exist since he was considered for general and Padma had been extra suspicious. (Of course I was thinking other things like Parvati still being somewhere and both sleeping charms having been fake or something) I wonder how much of the plotting will actually be revealed in the end and also whether he'll actually choose a side, force a tie or do something completely unexpected which I can't guess now since I can only see the existing possibilities.
The Overlooked Supporting Cast chapter 32 . 7/25/2010
You really shouldn't reward my troubled, restless nights with such delicious updates. These frequent, irregular updates are quickly becoming worse than all those horrible drugs Hermione's parents warned her about, and I really don't need that sort of influence on my sleep schedule. Worse still, I had to reread it in order to even come to a comfortable self-delusion that I understand exactly what everyone's motivations are, at least among those under the age of twelve. Then, as soon as I finished composing the previous sentence, I read it a third time.

Still, there is a vague sense of accomplishment, as I am now entirely certain that Blaise Zabini will call out "For Sunshine!" and shoot himself, tying the scores. He doesn't seem to care for Draco at all, Harry is simply insufferable, and actively supporting Hermione in such a clutch situation would undermine his position in Slytherin for years. More importantly, forcing them to somehow negotiate for the wish, or perhaps simply denying it to them outright would be so, so much fun. Silly Hermione. Becoming one of those obnoxious protagonists means your life gets MORE troublesome.

Anyway, if Blaise doesn't tie them up, I will eat my hat.

I'm now off to buy some early breakfast and think of fifty ways I might be wrong. I should probably just go ahead and acquire a small and reasonably tasty-looking hat as well, because I really should know better by now.
Stormwinddcon.stormwindgmail chapter 32 . 7/25/2010
"Lagann"? Seriously?

I understand your wish to throw in a shout out or two, but making them like that is just painful to me as reader. And it also breaks the general style of spells vocal components.
DTurtle chapter 32 . 7/25/2010
Brilliant!

My guess: Zabini is the quadruple agent working for all three sides and DUMBLEDORE, solving the problem by having a three-way tie by shooting himself in the name of Sunshine.
NicNacs chapter 32 . 7/25/2010
Squeee!

I think I see what's coming next...
AngelForm chapter 32 . 7/25/2010
You sir, have a dangerously twisted mind. Brilliant, but twisted.

My the gods help us should you ever go into politics.
wobster109 chapter 32 . 7/25/2010
ZOMG I just realized. Zabini actually has 4 choices:

1) do nothing: Granger: 255 / Malfoy: 254 / Potter: 254

2) for Dragon: Granger: 255 / Malfoy: 256 / Potter: 254

3) for Chaos: Granger: 255 / Malfoy: 254 / Potter: 256

4) FOR SUNSHINE: Granger: 254 / Malfoy: 254 / Potter: 254

The omission of the 4th choice was pretty obvious, and probably intentional XD
109 chapter 32 . 7/25/2010
Was glorious and the MOST CONFUSING THING EVAR. I have no idea what just happened. I shall have to read it again a few hundred more times.

Excellent Prisoner's Dilemma! (and Newcomb!)
Baughn chapter 32 . 7/25/2010
Or he could shoot himself in the name of sunshine, which is obviously what he'll do..

Oh yeah. Fun.
Vampyromaniac chapter 32 . 7/25/2010
"For Sunshine! Somnium...*gurgle*"

Thank you for the update - I was one of those suffering from withdrawal! Sorry to hear it wasn't fun to write - it was certainly fun to read!
yamiishot chapter 32 . 7/25/2010
Oh my, I hadn't expected this twist. I wonder what he's going to do?
26,182 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,361 1,368 1,369 1,370 1371 1,372 1,373 1,374 1,381 .. Last Next »