Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
ARMH chapter 58 . 2/27/2011
Ohh I get the shape. He transfigured a ring that extended through the wall. The diameter of the whole thing was wide but what he had to transfigure was thin.

/feels stupid
ARMH chapter 57 . 2/27/2011
Another great chapter. It always annoyed me that Dumbledore could sense Harry's presence under the cloak even though it was a Hallow, so it was nice to see that this was not the case in this fic.

"the Transfigured shape might be tall and wide and long, but it was very thin" I dont get this line. The shape has four dimensions: tall, wide, long, thin? And how can it be wide AND thin?
Goldrune09 chapter 5 . 2/27/2011
This well deserves an award for that scene in madame malkins shop...lmao!
ARMH chapter 56 . 2/27/2011
Yay, a level up! Harry solves the puzzle and unites a bit more with his dark side! When I think about it, even though the mission ends pretty badly, I'm kind of happy with the results: a stronger harry that trusts quirrell less and can use his time-turner more often.
Goldrune09 chapter 2 . 2/27/2011
Cool part at the end there!
Thomas chapter 70 . 2/27/2011
First of all, salutations for your writing skills, clever wit and scientific knowledge, it makes for one of the greatest things I've ever read.

Second, here's one to the goal of #1 reviewed of all time :P

But onto the actual reviewing, I'm wondering what happened to the earlier plots, before Azkaban. The Bayesian(?) conspiracy, Harry pupiling Draco, Occlumency, the usual class lessons, Snape (for boss points, make him go on a plane), the Weasly Twins as someone just mentioned, Quirrel's christmas wishes, etcetera. All the 11-year-olds plotting that made the early chapters so great, so wonderful. I'd really, really appreciate if those aspects of the fanfic weren't left alone, and I'm secretly hoping that by this bridging chapter you're returning somewhat :P

Oh, and I love dialogue-heavy chapters! And the matrix experience was, surreal. Better than matrix surreality itself.
Him-mione chapter 70 . 2/27/2011
Is Quirrel Voldemort? I don't mean that he's possessed by Voldemort, I mean that Tom Riddle had some major plastic surgery and he's *actually* Voldemort. That bit about witches giving muggle men love potions... "some do...although personally, I don't"-but he is the result of that very action? Just a thought...

I went back and read the additions to chapter 64..."Machines tell elegant lies" is probably one of the creepiest lines I've ever read. Amazing.
aliza chapter 70 . 2/27/2011
GAH. My words fail me when trying to tell you how amazed I am. I have never, ever been in to fanfic, that is, until I read the first few chapters of HPMOR. The whole premise of your story appeals to me (and the rationality part of it allows me to not feel too guilty about procrastinating homework and papers in order to read)! I hope that the Reader Meetup and university talk goes really well. Meanwhile, I will be eagerly awaiting the next chapter! Thank you :)
Goldrune09 chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
Truely a day of the lowest probability for a scientific person...
Silent Avid Magma chapter 70 . 2/27/2011
Well, I suppose I cannot rightly decide what exactly I should say to you since as I have read the story my opinion has changed too often for me to honestly write a review.

I want to flay you alive while thanking you deeply, all at once.

Meh.

~Silence
Kerr Avonsen chapter 16 . 2/27/2011
Oh my.

This Voldemort is being much more cunning and clever than in canon.

Oh, Harry, you've got problems. Such a quick and easy path is the Dark Side, young apprentice.
Steven chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
Loved everything about the series so far! I started when about sixty five chapters were out, now I'm checking back frequently waiting for new ones. Just amazing. I can't talk this series up enough and and trying to get some of my friends to read it. Please, keep up the amazing work!
Pathatlon chapter 70 . 2/27/2011
Haha, this is really funny! Really, really funny! I hope all that generation's girls with become powerful leaders of the magical society in order to prove their point xD

I hope it won't be just Hermione who turns out to be a heroine. And hopefully she'll be a heroine and not sidekick.
Allison chapter 66 . 2/27/2011
So quite honestly, I'm absolutely horrible at reviewing stories. I'm not sure how many words I've read, but this is only my fourth review. So... if I've read 60,000 words, I'll have technically kept the review oath thing.

I just wanted to notify you on how much I love this fic. Most fics use cliche's and zero rationality to achieve the end result. This fic revolves around logic. It's truly either the greatest, or second greatest fic I've ever read. The first (or second?) would be Nightmares of Future's Past, which I'm sure, as you seem to be an avid HP fanfiction fan, you have heard of.

Never in any other fic, have I worried so intensely, or thought so much about whether or not Harry would truly become dark. And you make Harry going dark sometimes not seem like a bad thing, which I absolutely adore. You've incorporated rational arguments and scientific data into this fanfic, and I truly thank you for spending your time writing this story for people like me.
shinseina chapter 70 . 2/27/2011
Heck. I love ur works.

Haven't read up to chapter 70th though.

(I'm Indonesian, your vocabulary' killing me , nuh! where's my diktionarie?)
32,126 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,363 1,370 1,371 1,372 1373 1,374 1,375 1,376 1,383 .. Last Next »