Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Clownwithachainsaw chapter 7 . 6/4/2011
This is brilliant.

This is just brilliant.

I love how Harry and Minerva interact with each other. I also love how Harry's parents react to how he distracted her.

Harry's shaky alliance with Draco proves interesting. The way Draco wants Harry for power, but Harry wants Draco to be a good person and is using power as a motivator... Harry's right, this game is huge and this is only one square.

I hesitate to think how Ron will turn out without Harry. Ron is really quite smart, and he's brave too. If Harry tries to take over the world with Draco at his side, I can imagine Ron becoming a formidable opponent.

This story has me at the edge of my seat.
Clownwithachainsaw chapter 5 . 6/4/2011
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You, my good sir, have me in tears. Never before has somebody so cooly logical, been so utterly hilarious. This is extraordinary! This is the pinnacle of entertainment! (until the next few chapters, or so I have the feeling.)

Okay, so, at first it looked like Harry Potter was a bit of a brat. I mean, in the original novels he was a hero. Here, he seemed like Dudly Dursly with an I.Q. of two-hundred. This chapter, he's beginning to seem more like Harry, and you've actually made a friendship with Draco seem plausible to boot (if that's where you're heading).

I can't wait to read more, I just had to stop for a moment and review this chapter. Well done good sir, you are a credit to fanfiction.
GabrielaMaria chapter 1 . 6/4/2011
This sounds very intreasting.
X-elemental chapter 8 . 6/4/2011
Okay, I g2sleep nao, but I might mention some things at this point such as...

-Harry is Possession Sue.

-However, it is quite entertaining.

-Also, the quarks didn't have to be called that. It is a horrible name compared to some alternatives. In fact, the one who first made theory on them had his article rejected by Nature for he had no scientific credit. However, his mentor saw his thesis, changed "aces" to "quarks" and got accepted with the same article and hailed sky high afterwards.

If you believe this is not true...well, tbh, I read it on Cracked and didn't check it afterwards. However, I do totally believe that aces is much more cooler and would have much more kids interested in nuclear science.
vfsnake chapter 15 . 6/4/2011
you fr3aking suck gerbil balls
chaSing b0b chapter 21 . 6/4/2011
Hey :) I wouldnt have called this chapter rationalisation. Its quite confusing, but really very interesting.
August chapter 72 . 6/4/2011
I read 72 chapters in 3 days. I lost a decent amount of sleep and did not partake in what could have been a more productive usage of my time. I found myself questioning Harry's motives, Quirell's motives, Dumbledore's motives, and somehow my questioning of their motives. It was worth it.
mslight chapter 28 . 6/3/2011
I think this is the best fanfction for Harry Potter that I've read so far. Of course I haven't read ALL of it yet, but so far it's made me laugh so hard that I've fallen out of my chair.

I find myself hoping that Quirrel is not evil, but at teh same time I expect him to turn out super evil. It's a strange feeling. I just hope that even if Quirrel turns out to be evil Harry turns out good. I'm going to have to go to the website that you've suggested just to understand some of the science and reasoning that Harry has had in the fiction so far, but I am enjoying it quite a bit nonetheless.

Thanks for taking so much time and putting so much effort into this. :)
AmagicalFishy chapter 72 . 6/3/2011
I don't like Harry Potter, nor do I ever read fan-fictions, and I avoid reading long works from the computer screen if I can (I'd much prefer a book).

This was recommended to me by a friend of mine, with whom I've had many enlightening conversations, so I've come to very much respect his word.

I read 'til Chapter 72 in a couple of weeks, and have loved every single word. This is a great story—I think it's much better than the original works. The intellectual twist in Harry Potter's character is done so fantastically well done that it makes him more interesting, gives him more depth, and allows the reader to learn a surprising amount. It's wonderful.

I'm having a difficult time stressing how much I've enjoyed this. Around the 60th chapter, I felt a sinking feeling in my stomach when I realized that the story would probably not be finished at Chapter 72. This means I have to wait! Augh!

Very, very, very well done in every way. It's written well, the story progresses well, the characters develop well. It's different enough from the original to not be a different shade of the same story; instead it's a whole new color.

I'll be recommending it to as many people as I possibly can.
Itachi's apprentice chapter 72 . 6/3/2011
Great work;. second most-reviewed Harry Potter fanfiction An Aunt's Love
MissChriss chapter 5 . 6/3/2011
OK wow. I can't believe that I have never come across this fic before it is wonderful. My brother now thinks I am crazy because I broken into an uncontrollable fit of laughter, in the living room, while reading that last scene in Madam Malkin's shop. I haven't laughed like that in a long time.
Itachi's apprentice chapter 64 . 6/3/2011
I read this yesterday and you got it spot on. If you're five hours past your bedtime and still reading this, may I suggest getting some sleep?

So I followed advice and I slept for a while. See ya.
Sebi chapter 72 . 6/3/2011
I was hinted to your fan(tastic)fic by the fantastic talk "Cognitive Psychology for Hackers" by Sai ( . .html ). I was sucked in by the story and the way the characters "tic" during the second chapter or so, not the first. But that feeling deepend more and more, so I recommended it to numerous friends by good old mouth-to-mouth propaganda ;-)

I was once again laughing out loud and putting my head in my hands when I read your last chapter. Go on! I'm really looking forward how the story will go on.

I realized you were doing a weekly audiobook, you call it "podcast", I would really like to listen. But does it have to be Apple only? When looking around for a few moments, I couldn't find any alternate possibility to get these highly anticipated tracks.

Once again, thank you and thumbs up!

Sebi
red crosse chapter 72 . 6/2/2011
I don't usually write reviews, but wanted to say thanks for writing. I discovered this in late February and it's been a great read.
Kimi chapter 7 . 6/2/2011
Mr. Spoo! Mr. Spoo! Mr. Spoooooooo! lmaosmmsfoaidmt! (Laughing My Arse Off So Hard My Sumbraro Fell Off And I Dropped My Taco) MR. SPOOOOO! Enough said.
33,209 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,363 1,370 1,371 1,372 1373 1,374 1,375 1,376 1,383 .. Last Next »