Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Dalxein chapter 72 . 5/27/2011
Oh god, I choked on my rice when I read the bit about Harry denying he snapped his fingers under the table, I was laughing so hard.

Very, very good chapter.
ariel stormcloud chapter 72 . 5/27/2011
great story
Agent Rinuka chapter 72 . 5/27/2011
Absolutely stunning, brilliant chapter. AWESOME ENDING. srsly.

-Agent Rinuka who is too lazy to sign in
GuesssWho chapter 72 . 5/27/2011
LOL Yeah, no plausible deniability whatsoever.
chibiaries chapter 72 . 5/27/2011
So, I don't really know how to put this, but:

I liked this. I liked this chapter a lot.
Mindless Mimicry chapter 72 . 5/27/2011
Brill as always, am eagerly awaiting next chapter
rosh chapter 72 . 5/27/2011
Yay! An update! And Draco's back in the thick of things. Awesome..
Violet Shadows chapter 72 . 5/27/2011
Finally, all I can say is hell yes.
Reader-anonymous-writer chapter 72 . 5/27/2011
What is Snape playing at?

I suppose he is the sender of the note to Hermione, and probably he sent a note to Daphne. He set up the whole confrontation, and I don't really know, but I suppose he expected the heroines to win (the ceiling saw Severus Snape's smile), but why? And however funny it is, "S." could mean Salazar Slytherin's ghost, just for obscurity (Snape is the Head of the House of Slytherin, after all), and for further spread of the rumours about the ghost helping the fighters against bullies.

Is Snape the Santa Claus or not?

With all the plots around, Harry will not be bored by his forced stay inside Hogwarts, so he will not have to give into Quirrell's suggestion.

Easter holidays seem to be far away, when Harry's living parents will at Hogwarts stay.
alchymie chapter 72 . 5/27/2011
And thus is patience rewarded. New chapter!

I think this is a more realistic depiction of bully-hunting than the two we've seen so far. Admittedly, this bully was expecting to be attacked... indeed, seemed to be inviting it. But I didn't get the hint that Snape had directly *told* him to do it, so hm.

(On the other hand, I got the hint that Snape *did* directly signal someone to trip Hermione, and thus humiliate her. In which case, Snape will have words with Draco in the near future, even if they only echo Lucius's sentiments.)

I am hopeful that the mysterious note-sender (Santa Claus? S?) will be revealed before story's end. The notes' writing style feels adult, but no adult at Hogwarts (save Dumbledore, who wouldn't help Harry against his own schemes, surely) would have access... nor would it be a time-turned Harry, since the notes have been mistaken about Harry's inner thoughts. I remain patient, however.

We have many threads that need resolution, but so long as you can provide such entertaining (and instructional) chapters, I'm definitely along for the ride. Thank you.
Loonynamelass chapter 72 . 5/27/2011
I like Draco Malfoy's simpler plot. And I like this chapter.
Fat ppl are harder to kidnap chapter 72 . 5/27/2011
i forgot how funny this story was doom doom doom doom lol
fsdfasefe chapter 72 . 5/27/2011
Update woot! Is their going to be more craziness?
SaintPeter chapter 72 . 5/27/2011
I am delighted to see another update! I had been despairing.

72 was absolutely awesome and a return to some of the self reflective deconstruction of fantasy tropes that I find so enjoyable. I love (but should not be surprised) that this fic recognizes that real life is messy and doesn't have straight lines. I doubly love that, even at it deconstructs the tropes it ALSO adheres to others . . . or at least hangs a lampshade on them. The levels of recursion tickle my funny bone.

"I cannot confirm or deny that I possess magical artifacts of incredible power."

I laughed out loud and then IMed it to my friend. Great line.

I am loving the strong and competent Hermione of these stories, as well as the ethical Draco. I find them to be much more compelling than their cannon counterparts. I wish there were more stories like this that managed to mix strong, believable character, while still being quite funny.
Lachesis03 chapter 5 . 5/27/2011
I do plan to review this again, later, more thoroughly, when I've reached the end of what you've written thus far. It's my general approach when I've just discovered a story.

Only.

I think I herniated a disk, I laughed so hard at the Malkin's scene, and I worry I won't be able to type if this keeps up.
32,992 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,364 1,371 1,372 1,373 1374 1,375 1,376 1,377 1,384 .. Last Next »