Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
OSC chapter 34 . 7/22/2011
And now, in my utter bias and implanted love: Draco, with his Shadow-like thoughts, is Bean, to Harry's obvious Ender (minus that magnetic vulnerability), and there is more Petra in Granger than I dare hope to wish for.
meterion chapter 72 . 7/21/2011
Oh GOD this story is getting intense
A thought chapter 72 . 7/21/2011
Long time reader of this fic, first time reviewer; this story is quite remarkable. Hilarious, well-written, engaging, with awesome characters and great allusions, and above all, possibly the first piece of fantasy I have read where the characters are all behaving RATIONALLY! Oh I love it!

Anyway, I am reviewing now because I had a thought as regards the time turners: they seem a massive asset in battle not just for their potential to send information back in time, but for their ability to, basically, make duplicates of whoever is using them! Just time turn and join yourself where you where an hour ago, and suddenly there are two of you to face the bad guys in a fight. Can you imagine facing SIX Dumbledore's in battle at once?

Seems something Harry should try :)
Ebony chapter 72 . 7/21/2011
Very entertaining. But you must have known that, something about the massive hits and reviews would have given it away by now.

So I ignored those things about stopping because I've been reading for five hours... the voices n Harry's head are very familiar to the ones in my own, although mine are significantly less rational. I find the scenarios in which students are hoping a professor wants them and will take them off to the dungeons and the girls are all hopelessly in love with someone to be somewhat disturbing, although having read and then written enough average fanfic to know that it is perfectly plausible for them to be constructing such fantasy stories without any real intention of seeing them become reality so I can't really object although it probably has led to problems.

I love the armies. And Draco, but I do love anyone who is aiming for second and balancing a far more tricky position where they are not above being called to explain. Harry can deny the call, he already determined that he was not going to be able to draw people to him by explaining and that the loss of people because he is outside their boundaries of thought would occur in any case. Draco needs to be able to maintain a connection it limits his capacity and giving no account does not suffice and he has to take into account the outcomes of allowing other people to decipher his intentions. And at the same time he is seriously challenging his own perspective and capability to process information. Making him far more complex than Hermione who has (as in the books) an unshakable belief that what she is doing is right and only ever changes her mind. And more interesting than Harry who people will account for. Excellent.

So what story did you surpass in reviews?
James Soul-Eater chapter 72 . 7/21/2011
This is the BEST story I have ever read. I was once a fan of Rowling’s work but your story made hers seem like it was written by a seven-year-old. The plot is more interesting, the characters more developed and everything is better explained. I have heard something about you limiting yourself to the number characters in the book series, but I say go on if you wish. I also hear rumors that chapter 72 was your finale, I dearly hope not as there is far to much potential to stop now. I read you story in little over 3 days and I must say your book far outstrips Rowling’s. I wish it had been you who wrote Harry Potter and not her because yours would have been a much better use of paper. While I still hold Ms. Rowling’s books in high regard your book has made them a might hard to read, as all I can think of is how much better your story is. I do hope you will continue and I wish you the best.

May Rowling in her infinite glory bless you,

James
napa chapter 16 . 7/21/2011
Can...can it be? Are you really bringing the Battle School to the Battle Magic class? The enemy's gate is Rowling, indeed!

(And I much, much, prefer this developed Harry!)
MB chapter 72 . 7/21/2011
This story has awakened something in my mind. I've already had science and logic courses, but I guess I had gotten lazy, it never helps to have a refresher, and it's best if it's presented with a little bit of fun.
kirpi chapter 12 . 7/21/2011
Hi, I'm having a great time reading your fanfic, but there's just one inconsistency that doesn't fit well with Harry's new character, I feel. I don't understand why Harry has the idea in his head that Come-Tea may alter reality or have control over the environment in any way and possibly grant him omnipotence at all. I understand that this might be a possibility, but considering Harry's skepticism and his extensive study along with the general absurdity of life, wouldn't he conclude that it is more likely that Comed-Tea merely either makes you more susceptible to shock or that it directs your attention to something absurd and/or shocking. This seems much simpler than having control over history, reality, and other persons, and following Occam's Razor, the simpler explanation is probably the correct one. Also, the salesman who initially sold the Comed-Tea mentioned that it was "guaranteed" to happen once per can. Now, this doesn't mean that it was an absolute guarantee. It could merely have been a sales pitch. Just because the salesman said it was so, doesn't mean it is so. Harry even remarks about this right after he buys the cans.

It just seems out of character that rational, scientific, educated Harry jumps to the conclusion that Comed-Tea may have reality-altering powers.
napa chapter 6 . 7/21/2011
This Harry fills me with a complete sense of...distaste. I wish his intelligence would not make him so repulsive, as I have known those other math prodigies he spoke of, and prodigies DO have the capability of being modest.
CCXC chapter 5 . 7/21/2011
omg! this is my first herXhar fic ever and i love it! flatter yourself cause ive never NEVER rr in chap 5. its a miracle, a summer miracle!

keep doing this and ull have ANOTHER big hit in the HP fanfic world!

i freaking loved it! and right now im gonna click on all the options bellow
bub23453 chapter 72 . 7/21/2011
fantastic story which really does deserve to get that many reviews (though makes me wonder what the second most reviewed story was).

I know how Draco's feeling (waiting for something and it not coming (HINT HINT)).

Keep up the good work!
Guest chapter 4 . 7/21/2011
I love this! His childishness (at times) coupled with the use of 'big words' is just two funny. plus he's a smart-a**! Sarcastic little bugger...
OldUserAccount333 chapter 10 . 7/21/2011
oh god, the end of this chapter was absolutely hilarious.
Isa Knightwalker chapter 53 . 7/20/2011
Well I didn't really like this chapter very much, especially compared to some of your others (although I mostly don't like this plotline since it is weird and kind of boring to me compared to things like the army battles, etc, so that is probably why I'm not enjoying these chapters as much as some of your others). Last line made me curious though!
Dimac99 chapter 15 . 7/20/2011
I absolutely adore this chapter, which is saying something, because I completely disagree with you about the permanency of transfiguration. I distinctly recall someone's dead body being transfigured into a single bone and buried (Barty Crouch Sr if memory serves?).
33,780 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,364 1,371 1,372 1,373 1374 1,375 1,376 1,377 1,384 .. Last Next »