Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Strange chapter 71 . 5/14/2011
I can haz progress bar for new update?
SaintNicholas119 chapter 39 . 5/14/2011
Why didn't Dumbledore mention Dementors? Souls must exist if they can be sucked out of you.
sarj2490 chapter 4 . 5/14/2011
Also love this:

"Then again, Harry was standing in a bank that literally stored your money in vaults full of gold coins guarded by dragons, where you had to go in and take out coins out of your vault whenever you wanted to spend money. The finer points of arbitraging away market inefficiencies might well be lost on them. He'd been tempted to make some sort of snide remark about the crudity of their financial system...

But the sad thing is, their way is probably better.

On the other hand, one competent hedge fundie could probably own the whole wizarding world within a week. Harry filed away this notion in case he ever ran out of money, or had a week free."

Just sayin'.
sarj2490 chapter 1 . 5/14/2011
"If he was going to descend into this madness, he was going to do it with style."

I'm just so in love with this line and the whole story so far and I've only just read chapter 1. Thank you so so much!
Guest chapter 1 . 5/14/2011
It seems to undermine everything that made Harry Potter into Harry Potter, but I admit that I liked it. I'm curious for what comes next.
anon chapter 71 . 5/14/2011
fitzmorrispr: It's an ewok. :D
fitzmorrispr chapter 63 . 5/13/2011
I'm just wondering what that statue of the child-sized furred figure with a spear is

It's a minor mystery hidden in a field of much greater mysteries, but I get the impression that this one won't be explained later

Anyone have a guess?
Multipartite chapter 47 . 5/13/2011
(I wonder so very much what Dumbledore has to say about the mother's circumstances... whether he claims to know or not that Malfoy believes him to be the culprit, whether he claims the matter as a 'don't know' or 'do know but won't tell you at this time' or something else, what McGonagall has to say/think/react on the matter if in the room with the two at the time... *curiosity*)
jazzy2may chapter 71 . 5/13/2011
I really love this story! It's brilliant! _

look forward to future chapters soon. _
13300'th Review chapter 71 . 5/13/2011
While the whole SPEW-Arc lacks the whole lot of Awesome that I love HP-MOR for, I feel that it is not out of place, and I love the whole empowerment-theme.

One Piece of thougt, we now see the "girl wants to be ravished by mysterious teacher"-theme for the second time, and while it here certainly delivers a great punchline, I feel it to be overused. Consider an update about the attractiveness of a cruel, filthy and abusing teacher to his longtime victims! Or do you claim Stockholm-Syndrome?
Vowie-Lou chapter 3 . 5/12/2011
yes i was wrong. in which case, i have no issue with this piece _
Vowie-Lou chapter 3 . 5/12/2011
I'll be honest, i'm not wholly convinced. I'm reading this through many recommendations (so well done there :)) and i admit, the piece is exceptionally well written. however, i just cant accept that harry has doesn't associate lily and james as his parents. it makes me upset, and therefore dislike the fic. it may change, as i've only read half this chapter (i should be revising...). but i will continue reading simply for the merit of your skill. Well done you!
Eye Greater Than Three chapter 5 . 5/12/2011
This has to be my favorite chapter so far! I loved the scene in Madam Malkin's.
lostallusions chapter 60 . 5/12/2011
Is there any chance of any Sirius Black (especially after Harry has surmised he may well be innocent, so presumably has some interest in an alternative account of events leading to his parents’ deaths) or does he just languish in the hell of Askaban to emphasise its horrors?
lostallusions chapter 42 . 5/12/2011
More Remus please. Harry needs faculty interaction than Quirrel, Dumbledore, McGonagle and more interaction with his parents' pasts to understand and corroborate the unwritten history.
32,888 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,365 1,372 1,373 1,374 1375 1,376 1,377 1,378 1,385 .. Last Next »