Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Mac Ceallach chapter 60 . 11/21/2010
Leaving it there was unkind. Thank you for writing, and please update soon!
Richard chapter 60 . 11/21/2010
Erving Goffman could help them with the apology thing: apologising is splitting yourself in two parts. One part is blameworthy and to be rejected socially, the other part shares in blaming part 1: it is this part, that agrees with the complaint against part 1, that can be reintegrated with society. So it's submission, sure, bit not abasement, necessarily.

Another great chapter, and I like how Harry's concerns remain resolutely his own, despite loud shouting from us peanut gallerians.
Froggie chapter 60 . 11/21/2010
This story is getting scary!
WaxWings chapter 60 . 11/21/2010
Well that was fun. I like that Harry really is not the first to try new things. Apparently, Dumbledore knows some little tricks with the time turner as well.
w chapter 60 . 11/21/2010
I love the cliffhanger.

Very nice confrontation. Go dark side! And finally Harry started thinking about Q.

There is something unnatural though by waking up from fainting after extremely stressful even and launching into a moral-political discussion. It's quite a distraction from the well-built background. Maybe move it to when they are back at MP? Probably too much hassle.

My candidate for the next line is "Happy happy boom boom swamp".
phoebe turner chapter 60 . 11/21/2010
great chapter!
Work Designer chapter 60 . 11/21/2010
Awesome update. Loved the man-to-man questioning session.

Very strong words from some very strong people. People I'd be scared of meeting in real life, btw.

I really wonder what this story will turn into after Quirrel leaves, which he will do after May. Being a rational person, he knows people will deduce he is Voldemort, if he stays on for a second year.
to EvilShroom chapter 32 . 11/21/2010
Newton was born Dec 25th in the old Julian calendar, which corresponds to Jan 4th of the new Gregorian calendar.
Benquo chapter 60 . 11/21/2010
"Yet I will say this much-"

1) "-Have you ever seen me and your father at the same place at the same time?"

2) "-No, perhaps I'd better show you." lifts up patch of fake skin on his forehead to reveal a lightning-bolt shaped scar

3) "-Before we left her I noticed that Bellatrix seems to be pregnant. And it's yours."

4) "-If I have guessed correctly, you and only you permitted a newly conscious sorting hat to die."

5) "-This fact has been officially suppressed for reasons you will surely guess, but along with Voldemort's body they found the bodies of four of his allies, one from each house. One wonders whether, in that great release of energy, their departing souls somehow became trapped... somewhere... perhaps, inside someone."

6) "-Dumbledore has been known to tamper with the minds of his allies."
sensoray chapter 60 . 11/21/2010
oooo i think you an asome and dedicated person for keeping up such a good story by updating all the time...and 2 chapters...yum! thanks so much, cant wait for the next one!
Arkh Cthuul chapter 60 . 11/21/2010
Such an evil, evil Cliffhanger...

And once again an amazing chapter. Keep it up!
lipasnape chapter 58 . 11/21/2010
Crazy, and then some.

Helping pile up the reviews number.
Debate4life chapter 60 . 11/21/2010
Wow, another awesome chapter. I simply cannot predict your plot turns, and it is delicious. I started reading Less Wrong after seeing it mentioned on your author page, and I have seen the impact on my thinking. Thank you. Keep writing.

Fair winds and following seas,

Grace
godescalc chapter 60 . 11/21/2010
aie cliffhanger

I note Quirrelmort's inability to conceive of people genuinely being kind and concerned for each other reflects what canon-Dumbledore said about how Harry had the Power of Love and how Voldemort simply couldn't understand this power. It's striking, though, to see this dramatised instead of just offered up as a somewhat cliched Dumbledorism - Quirrell's inability for warmth or gratitude or genuine appreciation when talking to Harry-PEV is scary and horrible.

Quirrell's argument also raises the serious question of why, if kindness and compassion are shams, do people pretend to have them? It would be absurd for large quantities of humanity to feel the need to emulate non-existent quantities. I'd hoped Harry would dissect his argument on this grounds, but pointing to his own observations of reality (Hermione's kindness) to refute the theory also works. Plus he's stressed, tired, half-loopy from exposure to Azkhaban, &c.
Luiz4200 chapter 60 . 11/21/2010
Albus messing with time-travel? His mistakes really have the gravest consequences.
29,832 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,365 1,372 1,373 1,374 1375 1,376 1,377 1,378 1,385 .. Last Next »