Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
ARMH chapter 43 . 2/26/2011
Great chapter. I feel so bad for Harry, though, no that people will think he's even more dark, especially considering that he discovers the true Patronus Charm.
ZoobsMaroobs chapter 70 . 2/26/2011
I hope the "Girls can do math too!" arc wraps up very quickly. There was a time when the moderator would ZAP such a trifling issue, saying, "Shock Level has dropped to 0."
Jimbocous chapter 70 . 2/26/2011
Was trying to think of how to describe this story for a friend.

Finally came up with Harry Potter crossed with Douglas Adams, with a few dashes of Monty Python for extra flavour. And that's a good thing. Thanks for a great read so far!
The Fuzy Llama chapter 65 . 2/26/2011
Wait... Peter Pevensie? Chronicles of Narnia? That revelation sent my brain on about eight different tangents. :)
brutti chapter 70 . 2/26/2011
Difficult, isn't it, to define what in the differing career trajectories of average men and women is about society expectation/lack of encouragement and what is about nature? Big questions, few answers. But I liked that you raise it, and the contrast of Hermione's determination to be a hero with meaning, vs some of the girls' determination to be any kind of hero. Quirrell continues to fascinate. I should review this fic more, as I look for updates eagerly.

*Can I be an annoying Britpicky pedant and point out it's probably not the Qualification of Women Act you mean but the Representation of the People Act (also 1918)? The former allowed women to become MPs, the latter gave women the vote (if they were over 30 and only if held property or were married to someone who held property). It also gave all men over 18 the vote, removing all property qualifications for male voters. The Equal Franchise Act 1928 (clue is in the title) finally conceded sex equality in voting.

Thank you. I had a political history itch at the back of my brain till I typed this.
Nigita chapter 70 . 2/26/2011
Very amusing! Completely unexpected turn in the plot. This was a fun chapter.
braindoll chapter 7 . 2/26/2011
J.K. Rowling and her magic boy

would be good if they weren't so coy.

Since just "snogging" is measly,

it's less wrong without Weasley.

Harry Potter slash Draco Malfoy!
delilahmedea chapter 70 . 2/26/2011
LOVE the protest, and the support from the female profs. Disappointing in the way it fizzled out, but then real protests often do, alas. It is so hard to keep the energy going when someone like Dumbledore comes and douses the fires of indignation like that.

Also like the way Cimorene Linderwall snuck in- Cimorene of Linderwall was one of my favorite heroines when I was young.
Eternal Density chapter 70 . 2/25/2011
I stumbled across this fic in my latest trip through TVTropes and knew from the concept that it would be too awesome not to read. I was not dissapointed. The first few chapters had me in stitches and it's been a series of crowning moments of all positive varieties all the way.
Ettlesby chapter 70 . 2/25/2011
I don't have much to say, except that this story is absolutely amazing so far.
dinosaurusgede chapter 70 . 2/25/2011
Dumbledore reaction is priceless! I just can't stop laughing reading that part. Thank you Less Wrong, another beautiful chapter, I shall put a fanart for Dumbly'bweeble' face. XD
Overlooked Supporting Cast chapter 64 . 2/25/2011
Rationalist!Matrix is absolutely and unequivocally terrifying.

"What does the universe run on, then?"

"Passion. Drive. Love... but, mostly, Spirals."

Wait, does this count as a fanfic fanfic fanfic?
Dragon Man 180 chapter 70 . 2/25/2011
The part of this arc I love the most is Minerva walking out on Albus in this chapter while he appears to be panicing. And Hermione will make a great hero... but I suggest using Dungeons and Dragons as some inspiration, at least for gear to be enchanted or purchased.
Doug Lampert chapter 70 . 2/25/2011
Hmm, my review of chapter 70 appears to have posted for chapter 1. I don't appear to be able to remove it so I'll ask that Less Wrong do so, and repost here:

Geniusly-Unique: Yes a lot of the girls sound silly, but I don't think it's anywhere close to "incredibly foolish and silly" because they're mostly pre-teens.

I can be quite credible about how foolish and silly pre-teens can be. Especially in groups.

If anything they're too rational and sensible to be credible, they actually come up with a plan and are prepared to execute it on fairly short notice, and the plan isn't COMPLETELY disconnected from their alleged goals (just mostly).

This sort of thing is why groups of pre-teens SHOULD have adult supervision, unfortunately these are at Hogwarts and McGonagall can't be everywhere at once, for one thing she's got the rest of the staff to oversee, and that's enough childish idiocy for most people.
Sunshine Ana Cloudyday chapter 40 . 2/25/2011
Oh my dear goodness.

This story is fantastic, and I've been so absorbed in it until now that I've barely noticed the review button, and I apologize for that.

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU for a thought provoking, well-written, not-plot-holey, story with references to ACTUAL science and Ender's Game.

(Thanks for the reference to Less Wrong, because I have the vast majority of the How to Actually Change Your Mind sequence printed off in a binder, because it makes everything make sense.)
32,983 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,423 1,430 1,431 1,432 1433 1,434 1,435 1,436 1,443 .. Last Next »