Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Gogrunt chapter 1 . 5/10/2011
Well done
TsukiNoBara chapter 19 . 5/10/2011
This chapter is now making me wonder if Voldemort has possessed Quirrel at all. Interesting.
TsukiNoBara chapter 16 . 5/10/2011
I'm going to assume that my idea of "Voldemort not just possessing Quirrel's body, he's taking it over, even if only during DADA" is correct for this review:

I like his style, and if he weren't, you know, evil, I think I'd want to be taught by him. I think. I'd probably pull a Hermione, but at the very least, his classes sound interesting.
TsukiNoBara chapter 15 . 5/10/2011
The entire transfiguration lesson, or rather the talk at the beginning of it, was absolutely fascinating.

Also, I now want to go to your version of Hogwarts. Seriously. And work with Harry. The idea of finding out how magic works sounds more fun than the actual magic.

(And I liked the bit about not doing it even if it seems like things turned out okay when a DADA teacher did it. I can't wait to see what happens if/when Moody!Crouch turns Draco into a ferret.)
Innoxious chapter 19 . 5/10/2011
I have so far been pretty impressed with your theories and 'techno-babble' but i have to say i don't really get this chapter at all... Pretty much all this looks like it's saying is that you're suppose to beg and cry and plead like a little coward instead of protecting yourself or standing up for what you believe in? To me that would be like seeing a cop beating child to death, but then you decide to leave and report it later because he is bigger and more 'dominant'. Being a coward and learning to lose is not an admirable trait or lesson to be learned, to me at least.

I could understand if you were talking about 'pretending' to loose or 'acting' scared so you take less damage until you're in a better position to get revenge, get away, or stall for help. Or a lesson on picking your battles so you wont lose, or even on recovering from a loss if you give it your all, but you're talking about giving up and begging for mercy before you even try which i don't get at all...

The only thing i could see the actual exercise (but not the lecture) teaching him is to ignore (and MAYBE control) his temper.

Ehh since the story has been good so far i will give you the benefit of the doubt and say that maybe im reading it wrong, or maybe that the teacher is evil and trying to teach harry to be a coward to help himself win or something... i will however continue to believe that if someone attacks me with the intent to kill or seriously injure me, that i wont go into coward mode and cry/beg for mercy as my first method of defense, but at least try and fight back.

Other then that its been a great story so far, i really like reading the intelligent harry.
Brilliant chapter 11 . 5/10/2011
I must say that this is the most brilliant and hilarious thing I have ever read. I have officially peed myself and must change my pants now.
Guest chapter 18 . 5/10/2011
Snape's methods may be unsavory but he is apparently a highly successful teacher of a discipline in which the slightest mistake can be fatal. Possibly keeping his students keyed up with adrenaline in fear of him is not entirely a Bad Thing.
I've been reading your story chapter 2 . 5/10/2011
This story is absolute genius. I applaud you good sir/madam! I almost cannot contain my glee.
Morwen Tindomerel chapter 17 . 5/10/2011
So Dumbledore owns a Lens and the Maltese falcon? Not to mention what sounds like an impressive collection of Lava Lamps. AND he's a Tolkien Fan! he MUST be a good guy then!
Morwen Tindomerel chapter 12 . 5/10/2011
Harold Shea? The Incomplete Enchanter Harold Shea? Did he have Belphebe with him? She'd have made a heck of a Care of Magical Creatures teacher.
Morwen Tindomerel chapter 7 . 5/10/2011
Note to self: Overthrow government of magical Britain at earliest convenience.

Haven't we all felt like this? No question but the MofM needs some SERIOUS reforming!
Morwen Tindomerel chapter 2 . 5/10/2011
Okay, this is hilarious.
Rognik chapter 7 . 5/10/2011
Enjoying the story so far. I an especially enjoying the reversal of Harry's personality (in the books, he's kind of the dumb jock instead of this brilliant borderline-psychopath). However, I do have to object to one of Harry's comment about science. Lots of Roman-age technology is either lost, or merely not replicated. The massive acqueducts stretching hundred of miles that still work? The pyramids? And I believe we've lost the recipe to Greek Fire at some point. True, the post-Enlightenment science is merely on the shoulder of giants, but tech has been lost to the ages and we either haven't been able to recreate it, or (in the case of Greek Fire) surpassed it so far it's not worth going back.
meyer chapter 54 . 5/9/2011
I can honestly say I never thought I'd feel bad for Quirrelmort, but this chapter managed to do it. Yeowch.

(It was a beautifully executed disaster, by the way.)
JVB chapter 23 . 5/8/2011
This is perhaps my least favorite chapter, or very high up there. Draco and Harry are very overdone and really chew the scenery with each other in a way I find disconcerting with the rest of the story, which is largely well-written. Still, it's not that bad.
33,863 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,432 1,439 1,440 1,441 1442 1,443 1,444 1,445 1,452 .. Last Next »