Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
KelliniPenguini chapter 29 . 1/15/2011
um, im not quite sure how to review this without sounding incredibly dumb in comparison.
Unfortunately Lacking chapter 5 . 1/15/2011
The character is the perfect mix of intellectual charm, general irritability and many different scientific and economic terms. With around 10000 reviews, I doubt you'll ever get up to mine, but good work all around here. I'll keep reading, and feeling bad that my only review failed to even break 1000 characters. Still, every sentence tackily added on just gets me closer.

(Slightly ambiguous with the name, it's my name that's lacking, not your story. Good work, and whatever characters)
uo-chou chapter 67 . 1/15/2011
Awesome.
cross-over-lover232 chapter 5 . 1/15/2011
::blinks::ohh my goodness i hope theres a chapter detailing what went down with drakie and his dads!
aoeroihbfinhaefpguaeopritqt chapter 30 . 1/15/2011
this story was really good- until now

ew. This chapter totally ruined all my respect with the wtf moment Hermione winning?

She will NEVER be that power-hungry and backstabbing her best friend, in this story she seems to lose all her humanitry (as in canon) and now it's pissing me off. come on, and Hermione seems too perfect and overconfident that sometimes just gets on my nerves- it takes away from the story.

as well, everything after chap say 16, have just gone bazaar and wayyy too OOC- even for your Harry. I mean they're only first years, and going on adventures EVERYDAY?

I really hope the rest of this story will tone down a bit and with more logic put on the PLOT as to Harry's scientific knowledge. I'll give it one more try and pray i didn't waste the last day (and night) for nothing
cross-over-lover232 chapter 2 . 1/15/2011
oh gosh...purple smoke, plage of flameing sebras?::blink and snickers::man i will review any chapter that makes me laugh like that again!
MaxManuka chapter 18 . 1/15/2011
I. Dont. Even.

...

I'm gonna stop for now as I'm told chapter 19 is quite high on the WTF-Scale.

But boy is it hard to put this story down.

If anything, I like how unpredictable it is.

I don't know if I can make it through to the end, but for now I'm glad to have read to here. It's been a fascinating ride :). And I hope I'll enjoy future chapters as well, we'll see :D.
draconlord chapter 67 . 1/15/2011
I would like to say, once again, that this is quite possibly the most brilliant piece of fiction I've read in years. Especially adding the Uncertainty principle to Hogwarts (though, if I remember correctly, it was hinted at much earlier)

"Charm of the Most Ancient Blade, it's only legal for Noble and Most Ancient Houses to use"

Hah! Love that hypocrisy nod there...

ie, it's so obviously illogical and intangible to the plot that it's actually quite funny.

Thanks for making my day great!
gg2 chapter 67 . 1/15/2011
i've been reading it for a while probably since the first chapter can't be sure

All i can say is please listen to your instincts this story is going against the first lovely chapters i think its winding down and your not letting it.

I mean to me the last few chapters didn't confuse me cuz science does that to me and well i hope that am wrong Why do i think these few chapters are written by a different person or perspective I hope things pick up for you

GG2
Yips chapter 67 . 1/15/2011
Thank you. Thank you. And thank you, for throwing lightsabers in there.
TheOneButcher chapter 67 . 1/15/2011
I recently mentioned your story in a lecture on anchored learning, hopefully upping the reader count a bit.

I have to say that the well meant critique many readers have given these last few Chapters is quite unjustified. However their complains are not wholly baseless. I think they perceived that something "Doesn't flow right."

That is because the Story on the whole is structured, but the structure is not formally enforced.

You should make it clearer that there is a major break after TSPE.

The very first step is rewriting the beginning of Chapter 65.

Insert narration that eleven year old wizard and witch Harry Potter(Boy Who Lived, Vanquisher of Voldemort, Cognitive Bias and Impossibilities) and Hermione Granger(Brightest Star of Hogwarts, Nearly Eidetic Memory, Bane of Unfairness and Unfinished Homework) are sitting at the long Ravenclaw house table in the Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry to consume breakfast.

You know, how you would start a completely new book, like a sequel.

Also I would consider devising a Title for anything before and telling your readers: Chapters 1-64 are now called HP-MOR Title (How about something equivalent to "Low Hanging Fruits")

And the PDF version should be made into 2 parts too.

THEN they would automatically understand, that YES the first chapters of the second book will NOT continue the dramatic momentum of the end of the first one, NO Harry is not a Mary Sue because he Curb Stomp Battles Hermione and Draco who still use their So Last Season spells.

They will understand that only because he is overpowered in comparison to his OLD ENEMIES he is not overpowered in general. I mean you took extra effort in describing the tactic would ONLY work on first years.

Another thing: Oh, I cannot WAIT to see Harry's reaction to finding out that the thing inside the forbidden Corridor which Dumbledore all but Ordered him to take a look at is EXACTLY THE ONE THING HE WANTS MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE. LOL And that Hagrid is the best Ally he could get on that endeavor.(Knowing what it is, knowing what to expect ect.) Damn, he could have exterminated Dementors by now... Just by open sourcing the philosophers stone.

And Really good as always: Using a HP Fanfiction Cliché and doing it GOOD.

There are a thousand Lightsaber Spells in a thousand fics, and all but one suck(some deliberately as a parody but still).

Dementor Takedown, Science Fantasy, Draco/Harry mpreg, Rocket Broomstick, Voldandy, et . every travesty known to fanfictionkind, you pull off. You are the king of Better Than It Sounds.

One last thing: The Desk-pig breathes, and is contains sugars who are burned. WTF?
RaptorMage chapter 67 . 1/15/2011
I found this fic a week ago and just now have finally finished reading it. Overall, I have to say: A. It rocks. You're my hero for bringing true rationality to HP. And, I want to hold this fic up in front of every super!Harry everywhere and yell some really irrational, ad hominem insult.

But my enjoyment was diminished by the way Harry went haring off to Azkaban. The boy whose religion is science took the word of Quirrel with no other evidence? Authors can be forgiven some lapses, especially when it's only one chapter out of several dozen; but that was a total surrender of who this Harry is.

Azkaban itself was a bit of a comeback-a scene that was brilliant both in plotting and in descriptive detail.

So now we've hit the reset button. We're back at Hogwarts, resuming the Ender's Game tournament so Harry can learn to be Slytherin and Gryffindor from his Ravenclaw base. We've mounted Voldemort's wanted poster on everyone's door, and the cost was a piece of who Harry is. I lean on the fact that you've shown yourself to be a great enough writer to come back even from that. Please keep 'em coming, show everyone that reason really does triumph.

And, *love* the Chaos tactics...
MaxManuka chapter 10 . 1/15/2011
"Just kidding!" OMFG, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, you got me, you soooooo got me ... :D:D:D

I love this Sorting Hat of yours, and most of all I love your sense of humour and the warmth in your writing, both of which I really didn't expect in a FF with that title and subject :).

BTW, I read all those chapters sofar today in the span of ~5 hours or something. Seriously, schedules were upset as I just couldnt put this down :D.

This is hereby my obligatory, but happily written, review, can't promise another (am somewhat lazy), but I'm definitely reading on in your story, even as we speak :D.

speaking of which/P.S.: Your omakes in ch. 11 are awesome. It's great seeing an author riffing on their own story :)
MebsTheFiend chapter 67 . 1/15/2011
Very nice!
Furcas chapter 67 . 1/15/2011
The last three chapters were boring.
32,220 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,432 1,439 1,440 1,441 1442 1,443 1,444 1,445 1,452 .. Last Next »