Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Yips chapter 67 . 1/15/2011
Thank you. Thank you. And thank you, for throwing lightsabers in there.
TheOneButcher chapter 67 . 1/15/2011
I recently mentioned your story in a lecture on anchored learning, hopefully upping the reader count a bit.

I have to say that the well meant critique many readers have given these last few Chapters is quite unjustified. However their complains are not wholly baseless. I think they perceived that something "Doesn't flow right."

That is because the Story on the whole is structured, but the structure is not formally enforced.

You should make it clearer that there is a major break after TSPE.

The very first step is rewriting the beginning of Chapter 65.

Insert narration that eleven year old wizard and witch Harry Potter(Boy Who Lived, Vanquisher of Voldemort, Cognitive Bias and Impossibilities) and Hermione Granger(Brightest Star of Hogwarts, Nearly Eidetic Memory, Bane of Unfairness and Unfinished Homework) are sitting at the long Ravenclaw house table in the Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry to consume breakfast.

You know, how you would start a completely new book, like a sequel.

Also I would consider devising a Title for anything before and telling your readers: Chapters 1-64 are now called HP-MOR Title (How about something equivalent to "Low Hanging Fruits")

And the PDF version should be made into 2 parts too.

THEN they would automatically understand, that YES the first chapters of the second book will NOT continue the dramatic momentum of the end of the first one, NO Harry is not a Mary Sue because he Curb Stomp Battles Hermione and Draco who still use their So Last Season spells.

They will understand that only because he is overpowered in comparison to his OLD ENEMIES he is not overpowered in general. I mean you took extra effort in describing the tactic would ONLY work on first years.

Another thing: Oh, I cannot WAIT to see Harry's reaction to finding out that the thing inside the forbidden Corridor which Dumbledore all but Ordered him to take a look at is EXACTLY THE ONE THING HE WANTS MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE. LOL And that Hagrid is the best Ally he could get on that endeavor.(Knowing what it is, knowing what to expect ect.) Damn, he could have exterminated Dementors by now... Just by open sourcing the philosophers stone.

And Really good as always: Using a HP Fanfiction Cliché and doing it GOOD.

There are a thousand Lightsaber Spells in a thousand fics, and all but one suck(some deliberately as a parody but still).

Dementor Takedown, Science Fantasy, Draco/Harry mpreg, Rocket Broomstick, Voldandy, et . every travesty known to fanfictionkind, you pull off. You are the king of Better Than It Sounds.

One last thing: The Desk-pig breathes, and is contains sugars who are burned. WTF?
RaptorMage chapter 67 . 1/15/2011
I found this fic a week ago and just now have finally finished reading it. Overall, I have to say: A. It rocks. You're my hero for bringing true rationality to HP. And, I want to hold this fic up in front of every super!Harry everywhere and yell some really irrational, ad hominem insult.

But my enjoyment was diminished by the way Harry went haring off to Azkaban. The boy whose religion is science took the word of Quirrel with no other evidence? Authors can be forgiven some lapses, especially when it's only one chapter out of several dozen; but that was a total surrender of who this Harry is.

Azkaban itself was a bit of a comeback-a scene that was brilliant both in plotting and in descriptive detail.

So now we've hit the reset button. We're back at Hogwarts, resuming the Ender's Game tournament so Harry can learn to be Slytherin and Gryffindor from his Ravenclaw base. We've mounted Voldemort's wanted poster on everyone's door, and the cost was a piece of who Harry is. I lean on the fact that you've shown yourself to be a great enough writer to come back even from that. Please keep 'em coming, show everyone that reason really does triumph.

And, *love* the Chaos tactics...
MaxManuka chapter 10 . 1/15/2011
"Just kidding!" OMFG, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, you got me, you soooooo got me ... :D:D:D

I love this Sorting Hat of yours, and most of all I love your sense of humour and the warmth in your writing, both of which I really didn't expect in a FF with that title and subject :).

BTW, I read all those chapters sofar today in the span of ~5 hours or something. Seriously, schedules were upset as I just couldnt put this down :D.

This is hereby my obligatory, but happily written, review, can't promise another (am somewhat lazy), but I'm definitely reading on in your story, even as we speak :D.

speaking of which/P.S.: Your omakes in ch. 11 are awesome. It's great seeing an author riffing on their own story :)
MebsTheFiend chapter 67 . 1/15/2011
Very nice!
Furcas chapter 67 . 1/15/2011
The last three chapters were boring.
Tangshou chapter 67 . 1/15/2011
Harry brings it to the next level.

Nice hinting that Hogwarts has a quantum nature at the macroscopic level.
Tangshou chapter 66 . 1/15/2011
Moar MoR.
AngelForm chapter 67 . 1/15/2011
Grey Knight: the Jedi of 40K.

Given all spells are beam weapons that need LOS armour should probably work against powerful spells aswell, assuming it is of a sufficiently dense material.
Darkly Dreaming chapter 10 . 1/15/2011
You're not goint to believe this. I get to the part where the sorting hat doesn't like being self-aware and...

My Immortal shuffles onto my WMP.

*facepalm*

I just had to tell you that.

So far, this is THE funniest story I've ever read period end of story. (there is no pause, so no commas) Congratulations. Also, I love science, so by combining the two, you have made this the most BRILLIANT thing I've ever read. So double congratulations are in order.

I shall review again when I read something I just can't keep to myself. :)

~*SRC*~
Josh chapter 1 . 1/14/2011
Thank you! Made my week - and helped my thinking for the better :) Rock on.
ev chapter 67 . 1/14/2011
I really hope Draco's Dragon Army wins this battle. Draco should be rewarded for his rational, quick hypothesis-testing, and figuring out the shenanigans Chaos was up to.
Andrius chapter 47 . 1/14/2011
Haha, I love how Harry gets so surprised about snakes being sentient, rather than him being (supposedly) the Heir of Slytherin. Come to think of it, that IS a pretty big deal...
Ligare chapter 12 . 1/14/2011
I absolutely love your sense of humor! Thank you for writing a fanfiction where misspelling dwells not and the reader needs not fear repetitive use of mundane and worst, popular plots without at least have some variation. You revive my faith in fanfiction.

While I'm not going to recommend you for Pulitzer, I really have to applaud your brainchild for being unique and memorable. Please write some more.
scorpioneldar chapter 67 . 1/14/2011
wooo! go chaos armor and advanced training for the win

poor super hermione

smart one this draco is
32,256 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,435 1,442 1,443 1,444 1445 1,446 1,447 1,448 1,455 .. Last Next »