Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Vampyromaniac chapter 50 . 10/16/2010
Small correction. If you are referring to the canonical spell that creates light, it is 'Lumos' not 'Luminos'.

Side note - did you end up going back and reading book 7 after a few people chewed you out over Snape/Lily? It surprised me that you started writing this fic without having read the Deathly Hallows, given how important the final book is for tying everything together, and even one who chooses to deviate wildly from canon should at least know what it is that he is deviating from. Departures from canon should be deliberate and thought out, and not a consequence of ignorance of canon. The high standard you've set leads me to expect all departures to be significant, and to anticipate big things from MoR and how everything is resolved.
Peregrinate chapter 50 . 10/16/2010
:D Another chapter. Ooo, and is that a little reference/echo to the Sword of Good that I spot? :)

You're amazing. The people at DLP are judgmental, blind, and infamous for unfair criticism.
Adeptis chapter 50 . 10/16/2010
Good chapter.
wisecurledqueen chapter 29 . 10/16/2010
Um, hey. On chapter 50 (by the way, congrats!), there's an error.

- Padma Patil, that is not the pride of Salazar, that is Slytherin gone rotten, Padma Parkinson not Padma 'Malfoy'...-

Anyway, thought I should tell you that.

Brilliant chapter though!

-curledruler
wisecurledqueen chapter 50 . 10/16/2010
Beautiful piece. The way you write the feeling of falling to either sides is great, and the precipiece part was wonderful. Great chapter!

-curledruler
Gryffandor for Chaos chapter 50 . 10/16/2010
Harry really, really, really needs to start running his plans by people. Other than Quirrel. For example, why didn't he ask flitwick for his advice before plotting how to help hermione? Or dumbledore? Or even draco, who at this point might help him?

Did he learn nothing from hermione's first victory as a general about solving problems? He doesn't have a monopoly on insight.
farwalker chapter 50 . 10/16/2010
Harry does need some socialization. And how is he going to learn but to try and sometimes fail. Hermoine is pretty unyeilding, and they're encounters with each other teaches them both I think.

His inherit respect for all sentience keeps him from going Dark.
tapczan chapter 50 . 10/16/2010
I beg: continue to do this.
Paosheep chapter 50 . 10/16/2010
I am continually impressed by your ability to make me feel what Harry feels with such accuracy.
Morbious20 chapter 50 . 10/16/2010
Great chapter keep'em coming.
Pandora of Ithilien chapter 50 . 10/16/2010
i've never felt any sympathy for anyone who spreads rumors or bullies people, but i actually felt sorry for padma. not because harry messed with her - though he really does need to learn how to relate normally to people, or at least less... drastically - but because of the parvati thing. i can't even imagine the idea of forever trying to be different than the girl you're identical to, and having it be such a powerful desire you'll start doing things you probably wouldn't otherwise.
celopmuh chapter 19 . 10/16/2010
I, really, don't like, the way, Harry speaks in that chapter. The commas don't work well. At all.
Nancy Lebovitz chapter 50 . 10/16/2010
Very interesting chapter, as always.

So far as I know, the only light-side method, perhaps the only reliable method, of preventing bullying is to build a school culture from the top down where the administration, teachers, and students all oppose it. However, this lacks the drama needed for fiction.
Larry Huss chapter 50 . 10/16/2010
Very good chapter, good use of secondary characters, particularly with Padma's wishing to seperate herself from being a twin, and only a twin. The Weasley's chose the other path, of curse.

yrs. L. Huss
Balatros chapter 50 . 10/16/2010
Hi, my name is Jesse and I have been reading your story since it came out. I have always found it interesting and enlightening, recently I read a quite enjoyable book and I think that the precepts in it would work Very well withe either Harry's own character or as a lesson by professor Quirrell. The book is called "The 48 Laws of Power. by Robert Greene and Joost Elffers." it is a wonderful thing, it details 48 key rules of how to obtain and then maintain power, and it then gives real world applications in the form of people who successfully followed the rule and gained everything and people who broke the rule and lost everything.

If you decide to read it I think it could help out a bit, either way thanks for reading the review and keep up the good work.

Jesse
29,823 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,451 1,458 1,459 1,460 1461 1,462 1,463 1,464 1,471 .. Last Next »