Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Tangshou chapter 16 . 1/4/2011
I just can't help quoting some lines...

'I CAN DO MAGIC! FEAR ME, LAWS OF PHYSICS, I'M COMING TO VIOLATE YOU!'
Tangshou chapter 15 . 1/3/2011
Gypped on his dark side. haha. Great intro to transfiguration too.
Tangshou chapter 14 . 1/3/2011
You created Harry's sleep disorder just to have an excuse to give him a time-turner, didn't you?

'Harry's voice trailed off into the inadequacy of English.' great

There were two 'pile-drivers' of realization. I'm not sure if they refer to the paragraphs before or after: Was the second realization about the Comed-Tea, or about something else that was never mentioned? Both paragraphs have quotes around them, but the first one was said out loud and the second (about the tea) was only said in Harry's head?

I don't see what would be disconcerting about seeing ones future self. If you didn't know about time turners, yes. But once you know about them I don't see why seeing your future self would be different from seeing you past self. I don't think this Harry would follow this rule. Actually it's not even a rule, just a suggestion. Harry could have conversations with himself. The future Harry could play devil's advocate. It would be a great way to discover holes and failure modes in his elaborate plans.
obsidian-fox chapter 64 . 1/3/2011
These are excellent. The One Ring's power certainly seems far more appropriate for ruling others.

Thanks for the reference to Alicorn. I'd really appreciate if you 'Favorited' other authors from the lesswrong weblog, especially since you already have a separate account for your personal preferences.
WB chapter 64 . 1/3/2011
I just rewatched the Lord of the Rings films and wondered how the story would have been, if given a Rationality treatment. Nice to see someone else spent some time to show what might have been.
firedraygon chapter 65 . 1/3/2011
Very happy to see this updating again! I hope you had a lovely holiday break. Fantastic chapter - I like the explanation for cynicism. And the tentative plan for getting Harry out of Hogwarts? I hope it happens, haha. Please write more soon!

~fd97
Tangshou chapter 13 . 1/3/2011
This chapter was cool. It was actually quite disturbing for me the first time. Maybe there's a hint about my own psychology there...
Tangshou chapter 12 . 1/3/2011
So nice to meet Quirrel.

He says the line:

"I assure you, that doom is not to be my incompetence."

I think there's a mistake in there. Maybe 'due to my incompetence,'?
Tangshou chapter 11 . 1/3/2011
Nice addition. I like to see alternatives that were explored.
Tangshou chapter 10 . 1/3/2011
This chapter is just awesome. There are a lot of great quotes too. What I'm most impressed with is that this is what an honest discussion with yourself would be like. At least if one half of you is honest.
Tangshou chapter 9 . 1/3/2011
I really hope someone makes a music video of that scene.
Tangshou chapter 8 . 1/3/2011
"PC or NPC, that is the question?"

"I didn't say you said you were Hermione Granger, I just said you were Hermione Granger."

There's more great parts but I won't bother you with more of your own writing.
Tangshou chapter 7 . 1/3/2011
I promised a review for every chapter, but only made it thru ch 6. Here's the next round.

Not much to say about this one. A good, solid chapter. Love the Comed-Tea and the things you do with it in the coming chapters.
badkidoh chapter 64 . 1/3/2011
Well I liked this chapter.

The L.O.T.R. prat was great and the Twilight part very amusing as were the others parts.
Tangshou chapter 65 . 1/3/2011
Welcome back.

It's an obvious setup for Voldemort's graveyard return... or is it a setup for readers. There's something fishy about Voldemort's first 'death'; maybe Quirrelmort really does want Harry to become ruler.
32,124 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,451 1,458 1,459 1,460 1461 1,462 1,463 1,464 1,471 .. Last Next »