Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Squeamish chapter 54 . 10/25/2010
Is that it for the DADA teacher this year?
Luiz4200 chapter 54 . 10/25/2010
Poor Sirius. He'll be so hurt Harry broke Bellatrix out bit didn't break him.
Animekitty47 chapter 52 . 10/25/2010
I love all the references in this chapter. Raistlin Majere is awesome, but definately a bad role model. Awesome at a distance. ;)

Genre savy characters are always the best to read. It makes for smart villians and more amusing heros. XD
HerrSchmidt chapter 54 . 10/25/2010
Fool! Was Li's chair facing north? If so then his hand would be invalid! Plus he was wearing red. You know what happens to a hand when he's wearing red.

Aside of that, carry on.
Kewangji chapter 53 . 10/25/2010
Am I the only one who imagined Kirsten Stewart as Bellatrix? A pale, ghostlike, dead-to-the-world kind of Kirsten Stewart?
Guest chapter 54 . 10/25/2010
I'm already counting the days to the next post. It's about time that we start to get some idea of what's going on with Quirrell. Thanks for writing.
KuMardagg chapter 52 . 10/25/2010
OK. Mind blown.
Selquist chapter 53 . 10/25/2010
Dude. That's f***ed up. That was my reaction to HP impersonating Voldie. I feel like their shouldn't be anything particularly immoral about it, but it is unsettling.

I just read 3 world's collide, and this felt much more *wrong* to me, perhaps because I can empathize with the characters and imagine their pain, more than I can imagine the pain of aliens. (Also... 1 hp vs millions of babies?)

The last line does not work with the mistake being afterward. If the reader stops reading after chapter 53, it seems as though there may be a puzzle-try and find the mistake in chapter 52/53. This works ok. However if the reader continues on for half a chapter, because they will find a big mistake there, and forget about any previous mistakes. It could still be a puzzle of something like "don't forget earlier events, just because something exciting happened", but then it seems out of place, and like an author's note of "hey, there is a puzzle here" instead of fitting into the story like the previous puzzles and riddles.

I'll be reading this section again to see if I spot anything, but that is more because I'm slightly confused as to why this was in the story, and to see if it adds anything.
Ham Nox chapter 54 . 10/25/2010
You are absolutely right to say that your readers have an automatic bias against the idea of breaking Bellatrix out of Azkaban, but I'm rather disappointed in how much you underestimate your fans' ability to overcome such biases. Really, Eliezer... I should hope that you've taught us better than that!

I was very confused by Harry's talk about wanting to be a hero at first, and was sure that he had Occlumencied himself into a clueless Gryffindor who had no idea what Quirrel's desire to break out the dark lord's most loyal servant implied so he could put on a more convincing act. Having found that this was not the case, I'm still very very confused. And I have to agree wholeheartedly with Valar Morghulis's review.
Fredryck chapter 54 . 10/25/2010
Wow, just...wow. This multiple update was a wonderful birthday present, thank you very much! Your Azkaban feels so real, and I just love the genre savviness of the main characters. Things got pretty ugly now...still, I think it's quite bizarre that Quirrel decided to go for the kill instead of some kind of disable coupled with a memory spell, knowing that Harry was watching him. It's almost...careless. Is there a reason for this?
thewanderingmonster chapter 52 . 10/25/2010
Haven't read 53 and 54 yet, but I was *so* expecting the green spark to say something... most likely "Hey, listen!" :D
Dur'id the Druid chapter 54 . 10/25/2010
As usual, great chapter. And we seem to be moving beyond the school now, getting more serious. I don't see how anyone is going to get out of this without major consequnces.

I also gotta reply to Lorem here. Not everything the charcters do is about themselves and one person they are trying to minpluiate. I can see Quirralmort(sp?) getting caught up in the fight and treating it as dispatching a worthy foe who refuses to turn back or surrender. He would see nothing wrong with conquering someone in a fair fight, and then killing them. People forget that is what King Arthur did to unite England. Yes, his army helped, but the big thing he did that seperated him from just another warlord was that after the fall of Rome, he dualed each warlord who would fight him one on one, and killed those that did not yeild to him. That is what began the Round Table and the legend around it and Camelot.
PaulBlay chapter 54 . 10/25/2010
I bet two galleons on

Quirrel Back-from-the-future Harry Potter

That was my suspicion from quite a while back, but the last chapter makes me think it much more likely.
Phoenix Flight chapter 54 . 10/25/2010
Wow. This one would seem to call for a "and then they all died" ending. I bet those approaching dementors aren't too fond of Harry's continued existence, what with his patronus and all. If he's unconscious, they might just kill him. Or, the return of the demented Harry? So much for "I promise to come back from lunch."
voider chapter 54 . 10/25/2010
Huh... what a clusterCESORED

I wonder if Quirrell is going to be unmasked. Even if he isn't ... but words gets out about bella's escape, Dumbledore is going to suspect Harry and Quirrell.

The thing with the Lestrange boy will also point Dumbledore in the right direction.

Though there is still a possibility that they'll get away with it, obliviating all witnesses... i kinda doubt it.

One thing that I didn't see Harry do was try to find the reason for Quirell's desire to get Bellatrix out of Azkaban.

I would see two reasons... personal... or Quirell wants to use Bellatrix for something.

I wonder if after this... incident... Harry will begin to suspect more about the true nature of Quirrellmort.

Can't wait for the next chapter!
30,363 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,460 1,467 1,468 1,469 1470 1,471 1,472 1,473 1,480 .. Last Next »