Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
simply brilliant!
The French Dark Lord chapter 71 . 4/8/2011
Keep writing!
William H. Stoddard chapter 71 . 4/8/2011
Glad to see the Muse coming back to visit you again. I was starting to feel concerned that you might have exhausted your narrative impetus and be about to plunge to the ground under the cliff, like Wile E. Coyote. The handling of the character interactions is good in this latest episode, though the whole thing still seems like a huge digression from the several major storylines already in process.

I wanted to mention that I just lately found a statement strikingly close to your theory of fanfic, dating back nearly half a century:

"Far from suggesting an easy or 'unrealistic' view of life, a thriller suggests the necessity of a difficult struggle; if the hero is 'larger-than-life,' so are the villains and the dangers."

(I expect you'll find some irony in the source: "Bootleg Romanticism," by Ayn Rand, reprinted in The Romantic Manifesto.)
Markus Ramikin chapter 32 . 4/8/2011
"And the two of them walked on, in their tiny sphere of silence and isolation, through the brilliant and bustling crowds; and if you looked carefully, you would see that where they went, leafy boughs faded, and flowers withered, and children's toys that played cheerful bells changed to lower and more ominous notes."

- I love this fragment, I've returned to it many times. Their attitude towards Christmas is my own as well.

So, the idea of borrowing from Draco was actually a ridiculously bad mistake of Harry's, or what are you implying?
alibabaandrobbers chapter 71 . 4/8/2011
Another hilarious chapter. I've been laughing nonstop. Thanks so much...
BackgroundRobot-11 chapter 1 . 4/8/2011
Ha, stumbled across this while on TV tropes and thought it sounded funny, glad to see that it was.

Ha, sucks to be Vernon!

Love the ending, Harry's little "What." was so funny!
insanelyproudpervert chapter 71 . 4/7/2011
well u would be a great writer who writes great story and get many review. But i think after writing this many chap u have loss the main idea why people like ur story. Now u started to get over ur head and overconfident u started to write crap which is longer and meaning less in long run. When u start the bitching of hermione it quite funny but as time goes u make it to much it started to get on nerve. Still its first year there r many u started writing which is undigestable as the story goes.

This is hp fic main char is hp people started reading it beuz this harry is exiting they want to know how he handle situation in his new way of thinking but when u start the herm main char in chap man it goes over board .

P.s_There r many char who get u know many girls dreaming and wainting to b frnd with them but the way u make the only one who is in harry is bitching herm. My frnds and i who adored ur story r geting bored from it becuz it stoped moving forward. And it getting on nerve. We r here for a great hp story not for barking herm. Its time for u to start moving frwd story and developed harry char . Dont b full of ur self.
Kitty O chapter 13 . 4/7/2011
The randomness felt good. To my soul.

I just lost THE GAME so many times!
Kitty O chapter 11 . 4/7/2011

I laughed aloud
Kitty O chapter 10 . 4/7/2011
Lol I can honestly say you had my mouth hanging open. He deserved that.
Kitty O chapter 7 . 4/7/2011
Yea, when he quite calmly seriously stated that he was going to rape her, that's when my eyebrows climbed up my forehead. At least Harry was suitably horrified. And he used smartness to combat it; I was getting out my theology notes and channeling my priest. But it probably wouldn't have been effective.
anona chapter 71 . 4/7/2011
I love the premise of this story, and most of the plot, but it seems to me that Harry, who is supposed to be a sort of scientific genius, has only slightly above-average combat magic.

And the dynamic between Dumbledore and McGonagall is hilarious, but why do I get the niggling feeling that McGonagall can only gain the upper hand at times because he lets her?
Ephemeralen chapter 71 . 4/7/2011
I can just see Snape struggling SO HARD not to facepalm.

I've just completed my fifth re-read from the beginning. I have to say its remarkable to see that you're still going back and refining the early chapters.

I've also just been overcome by an urge to create a map in Starcraft 2 based on the Grey Knights battle; an urge I must now consider seriously for at least five minutes.
Andy Watkins chapter 71 . 4/7/2011
Excellent noir-like depiction of Draco-I'm also quite pleased with the more realistic way that seventh years for the most part are only tenuously aware of and somewhat disparaging of first-years.
anaraz chapter 47 . 4/7/2011

That is so Harry.

"Talking to Patronuses feels odd."

34,024 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,460 1,467 1,468 1,469 1470 1,471 1,472 1,473 1,480 .. Last Next »