Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
2642379 chapter 63 . 12/29/2010
Overall, an excellent fic so far. I liked the first dozen or so chapters most, probably because as well as thinking they were good, I was thinking "Oh my god this is totally what I would do if I went to hagwarts, and it's AWESOME".

I didn't know calculus at 11, but I still got the feeling whenever I read the books or watched the films that whichever character is onscreen at the moment is an IDIOT.

If I went to hogwarts, I would probably have the same goals, but because I know I'm not a genius (and at 11, I was lazy enough to do things the easy way, same result) I would probably approach things with more of an eye to technology than magic. Not so much thinking "What fundamental laws does magic work on?" as "Oh my god I can turn stuff into other stuff let's make a nuke. No, wait, let's charm the bullets ofan AK47 to turn into rabid badgers on contact. No, wait, let's use transmutation to get antimatter, and use that to power a spaceship!" and just keep looking for newer, cooler, more explosive ways to use stuff. But that's rambling about something only tangentally related to the story, so nevermind...
Andread chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
a well rounded thank-you... FUN!
joarib chapter 3 . 12/29/2010
Not much to say about this chapter. One thing to mention though, is that you one more time see the difference when Harry distinguishes between his parents and genetic parents. Nice job so far.

/Joarib
Raineh Daze chapter 63 . 12/29/2010
I really did time reading this fic well.. right after you started on the next chapter I read it all. Admittedly, I forgot to go to sleep, but that's a minor problem.
FangDust99 chapter 15 . 12/28/2010
brilliant.

I can't say any more without gushing, but... I love this.
FangDust99 chapter 14 . 12/28/2010
THIS IS FREAKING AMAZING

that is all
FangDust99 chapter 13 . 12/28/2010
You are a genius. This is the smartest fanfiction I've ever read and it made me laugh so hard and... ON TO READ THE NEXT CHAPTER
deleted92 chapter 63 . 12/28/2010
Just another note of encouragement, and a plea to continue.

If perhaps you're bored and wish to read something not-awful, have a look at my own story here.

regards,

R
k.i.lich10 chapter 5 . 12/28/2010
I don't generally comment in the middle of reading a story, but that was the most entertaining, witty volley of words I have had

the fortune to read in a while. It was also by far the most interesting meeting of Draco and Harry I have ever read.
noko chapter 63 . 12/28/2010
You just started the chapter

Oooo...
Claymeister chapter 16 . 12/28/2010
Nice obscure Ender's Game reference at the beginning of Chap 16 in your omage to Rowling. I wonder how many people got that? ;)

Really enjoying your stuff. Obviously it is rough, but very creative and enjoyable and funny.
fohtia chapter 1 . 12/28/2010
nolonger12yearsold

At the Luna-is-a-seer comment, wouldn't that mean Draco would be carrying a child?
Shdwfeather chapter 63 . 12/28/2010
Fantastic fic! I had a great time reading it.
Triplicate chapter 63 . 12/28/2010
Excellent, excellent fic. Cannot wait for the next chapter. It will surely be the highlight of my holidays.
Selquist chapter 4 . 12/28/2010
I'm surprised Harry doesn't know what a philosopher's stone does-Isn't it in the D&D manuals? (I've only read 3rd edition, so maybe it isn't in the AD&D books)
32,148 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,460 1,467 1,468 1,469 1470 1,471 1,472 1,473 1,480 .. Last Next »