Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
SeaStones chapter 10 . 4/3/2010
AHAHAHAHA! JUST KIDDING!

LOL!

This was an excellent chapter. Good job.

But please, stop italicizing so much. More than three forth of what you italicized could have done without.

Nevertheless, this was one of the better chapters. I can't wait for the next!
Mrs. SRE Snape chapter 5 . 4/3/2010
Oh my sides are hurting I was laughing so hard and thae banter between Draco and Harry. Great work so far
iota0000 chapter 10 . 4/3/2010
Heh, I can definitely see McGonagall seeing this "trick" played by the hat (rather than the warning it seems to have given) as being another symptom of Harry's contagious insanity.

I must admit the song in the previous chapter threw me off and similarly threw off the whole flavor of the fic so far, its not nearly so much as to preclude me from reading further.

Interesting chapter. It seems like the plot is actually beginning to take off at this point. Can't wait to see where it goes next.
Leaping Lion chapter 10 . 4/3/2010
LOL Just Kidding! That's so mean and still so freaking hilarious.
Prince Charon chapter 10 . 4/3/2010
LMAO!

You're very good at this.

Thank you for updating so fast.

More soon, please.
chineseartist chapter 5 . 4/3/2010
I just have to let you know that I almost died of asphyxiation (because I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe).
Lady-Silvanas chapter 10 . 4/3/2010
It's quite interesting that in this scene we really see Harry to be just human, with all the faults and insecurities it comes with being human. To believe in his own grandeur and in believing that he comes from an age of Enlightenment that he would not fall for the lure of power, that is the only blindness men of great intellect oftens fall for. Those who believed in their own infalibilty often falls hardest and in their fall they often scorched the Earth with them. I hope you can create a mirror image for him to keep him grounded, of often prodigies live in their own world and they can't see how destructive their actions are to those around them. Great story by the way.
roshane chapter 10 . 4/3/2010
damn you had me going there for a moment i thought he would be with those slimy snake thank god he is in ravenclaw (sp?)
lilyoftheval5 chapter 7 . 4/3/2010
Well, it's obvious this story is an addicting jewel.

Thank you very much for it.

However, I don't understand Lucius's answer to Draco's letter and it's really starting to bug me.

What did he say?
major wallace chapter 10 . 4/3/2010
lol
nova-carta chapter 10 . 4/3/2010
poor harry being played by a dirty old hat. Throw it on the floor and step on it pls
Reader chapter 10 . 4/3/2010
I find myself uncertain as to whether exactly what catergory this story fits in. But I have to say that you keep it very interesting and your plot twists are quite amusing. The Hat playing a late April fool's joke?
Me chapter 10 . 4/3/2010
So Harry went to Ravenclaw after all. Pity... I was rooting for Hufflepuff. Hufflepuff is awesome. :)

Anyway, nice story. Chapter 10 was an improvement from chapter 9.
thenewestmarauder chapter 10 . 4/3/2010
by far one of the most entertaining chapters of any story i have ever read...UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE
Meneldur chapter 10 . 4/3/2010
Okay... this chapter was simply... scary. There is no other word for it. Or perhaps, to quote Ron Weasley 'Brilliant, but scary'.

Your ida for the Sorting Hat was the first one of its' kind I've ever seen. However, it made a great deal of sense, and seems to be supported by some parts in the books - on the other hand, it also does not agree with some of the books, where we see that the Hat has some prophetic power even before he is set over the head of one srudent (5th Year). Still, if we were following the books, this wouldn't be fanfic.

The whole discussion between Harry and the Hat was brilliant. It became scary when Harry turned out to be all too human. Even the greatest hero has a fear he cannot conquer - apparently, this was Harry's.

However, Harry is true in claiming he can stop himself. The simplest way to do so is that whenever he feels he has crossed some line, started the fall, he would go to the Sorting Hat, and see what he has to tell him.

I can't fully comment on the whole discussion, other than what I've already said. Thankfully, the last words provided a much-needed stress reliever, especially after the Slytherin announcement. For which I thank you. Until the next chapter, Meneldur.
23,752 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,463 1,470 1,471 1,472 1473 1,474 1,475 1,476 1,483 .. Last Next »