Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
HOLLYd chapter 17 . 1/9/2011
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHA

I CRIED BECAUSE I WAS LAUGHING SO MUCH

ohhhhhhhh man. that rock bit was really quite good. really, funniest thing I've ever read. haven't laughed that hard in a very long time.

bahahaha
Loonynamelass chapter 65 . 1/9/2011
Oh no, Harry, Don't do it! :(
w chapter 29 . 1/9/2011
I wonder when I'll catch my tail in the reviews... no idea how to check which was the first one I wrote. Hopefully not yet for a couple more.

Nice:

If you got too close to the Boy-Who-Lived, you became part of his story.

You didn't get your own.

Indeed, Hermione does get a bit less dimensional in the 60s.

Too many ares: Are you are not grateful?

Her perception of Q is nice too.

Unfortunately there was a slight flaw in this plan.

Namely, they were both Ravenclaws. Each had thought it was just one special exception they would make only this one time, and neither had yet realized it was impossible for either of them to ever finish reading all the book titles no matter how hard they tried.

Nice making fun of a canon. And describing Hermione's attitude to broomsticks.

It made her feel flattered, and also a little worried because Harry didn't seem to really talk to anyone besides her. hm? How about Draco?

The reasoning why Q is evil is very very nice.

Anthony Goldstein and Ernie Macmillan, came the thought, before Draco's common sense kicked in and ruled out mudbloods and Hufflepuffs no matter how aggressively they dueled.

The entire conversation with Q.

Come with me to visit Malfoy Manor, my father and I would like to show you some interesting spells.

This shows Draco's personality so well and chillingly too.

Drakey/Hermy.
WynnCharmer chapter 65 . 1/9/2011
Wow. Just wow. I'm in love with your writing style.

Keep it up!
The Epitome of Eccentricity chapter 33 . 1/9/2011
I recognise Ender's game in there. The enemy is DOWN, eh?
Aishata chapter 65 . 1/9/2011
I love your story.

However, I have yet to question:

Why not Harry be given to ability to merge particles in the air to create substances? A lot of possibilities can be taken from this, creating chemicals to make bombs, creating drugs, creating a trail of pure oxygen in the air which would set off a chain reaction of fire with a spark...

Not to mention the pure destructibility of acetone peroxide, by which it can be set off with simply blunt shock. Saying that particles in the air are unstable is something I don't see as a reasonable explanation, in that case simply bring them to a more solid form (like freezing) and then transfigurate them from there.

If anything, why can't water be used in combat as well? Spells are essentially light, and thus can be refracted or reflected. Even spells that can't be seen such as hexes can also be treated accordingly, because certain wavelengths of light can't be seen by the human eye.
Urikaa chapter 5 . 1/9/2011
Oh my goodness! It's been a while since I laughed so much!
ElNazgir chapter 47 . 1/9/2011
I have rarely turned myself to fanfiction, and when at first I started reading this fanfic, I thought it was just a hilarious "what if Harry was Ravenclaw in the worst way possible" story. I've had to adapt my views a number of times, and although I initially felt the impression of Dumbledore went too far into the whole cryptic lunatic, I became more and more aware of just how serious this fanfic was.

And then came this chapter, which is simply beautiful, though in honesty I admit that I really have no words to do it justice. One thought kept coming to me though:

If you had come up with this universe instead of Rowling, I believe you would have done it much better than Rowling herself, despite it already being very good.

Congratulations dear writer, with beating Rowling in and with her own universe.
Freya D chapter 63 . 1/9/2011
Just read the entire story, and I really like it so far. I subscribed so I'll definitely be reading the new chapters when they come out.

My favourite chapter was the one in Dumbledore's office when Harry was saying "wise" things. And, when Malfoy realised Harry was a Parselmouth. Genius comedy writing!
Annabelinda Tsuki chapter 65 . 1/9/2011
What brilliance! I could comment on a couple things that disappointed me, but they wouldn't really be criticism. So, I'll say that you manage to tie in serious with humorous, made me laugh myself into insanity and bite my nails in confusion, and declare outloud that I'll never be able to write something like this.

I can't wait until the next chapter!

Annabelinda Tsuki
Illadaran chapter 13 . 1/9/2011
Actually Avada Kedavra and Abracadabra are actual word from Aramaic. Avada Kedavra basically means let it be destroyed, while Abracadabra means to create.
Illadaran chapter 10 . 1/9/2011
That was just cruel! I was so happy that he got into Slytherin that I almost skipped over the last part. Think of the damage he could do in Slytherin,it would be awesome. *pout*
JoyceVivian chapter 65 . 1/9/2011
I'm a major in Psychology and Sociology, have only a slightly smaller degree of passion for philosophy and a year old personal mission to teach myself how to think critically and rationally. I love reading fiction and Harry Potter fanfiction is a part of my staple literary diet.

You have given me a greater respect for science and mathematics, for all that they are not my calling. I hope you'll respect that I read your work through the eyes of a psychologist and philosopher.

I want to thank you for writing an intellectual masterpiece which thoroughly excited me through each and every one of your 65 chapters (and I'm sure will continue to do so).

You have combined my two favourite passions in the world: leisure reading and learning, moulding them into a piece of work which inspires my drive to learn. To soak up and expand my knowledge as an aspiring scholar on every theory and concept I do not already recognise in your writing.

I am thoroughly glad that I have two months left of my summer holidays, as I intend to learn everything I can from your profile links.

Eight years reading fanfiction and yours is only the fourth story that I have found so intellectually gripping.
anonrit.edu chapter 65 . 1/9/2011
Great fanfiction. Strike that; great fiction, full stop. This is the first fanfiction I've been confident in recommending to my friends, and it's definitely given me some new ideas (plus countless moments of helpless laughter...).

I suspect that "somewhere in London" will turn out to be No. 12 Grimmauld Place...
Candian Bacon chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
...I got as far as chapter 15 and my brain just gave out on me...I guess it might be that it's 11 pm when I'm reading this...but...Sir/Lady-person...I can't read this any longer...It is one of the most brilliant fan fiction's I have ever read...but it makes me feel so stupid that I'm getting a headache just typing this...Continue on with amazing story and made one day when I'm smarter...then I can continue the quest of reading this fan fiction...Good Day.
32,994 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,495 1,502 1,503 1,504 1505 1,506 1,507 1,508 1,515 .. Last Next »