Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Anonymous chapter 1 . 11/10/2010
Hi,

Started reading your story about two weeks ago, and I love it. It's one of the few fics that actually get people thinking. I guess after 327,000 words I should review, but all I really have to say is update soon!
fontgoddess chapter 1 . 11/10/2010
hey, everyone, here's a critique of cannon!HP's educational system that readers of HPMoR may be interested in:

/blog/2010/11/07/no-wizard-left-behind/
Jman12394 chapter 6 . 11/10/2010
heaven help hogwarts here comes harry
Konstantin chapter 50 . 11/10/2010
This is one of the BEST HP fanfics on the site... and it's actually SMART, FUN, and gives the readers interesting SCIENCE to think about. Great entertainment value! I particularly enjoy the irony of Voldemort being Harry's mentor...
madbrad chapter 58 . 11/10/2010
Oh dear. There have been (many?) fanfics which have mated muggle technology with magic and gone down the tubes as a result. As soon as Harry does it one has to ask "why don't all the other wizards do the same thing?". And if they *do* then much of the Harry Potter landscape is lost.

I do hope that Harry makes it out of Azkaban safe and with his memory intact. Being a pessimist I'm worried that Quirrell might obliviate him for some reason and so Harry will lose all of what he's learnt about dementors and the universe in this high-pressure escapade.

Excellent story, thank you for writing it and continuing it.
CelinLily chapter 58 . 11/10/2010
After reading through your profile page, I felt guilty for not reviewing. I await the day when Harry gets to meet Luna Lovegood, and hope that he has not forgotten his desire to marry her. For some reason, I want Hermione to lose, by destroying her plans of romancing Harry.
Donteatacowman chapter 57 . 11/10/2010
O: Your reviews! They're OVER 9000!

..I'm sorry, I had to, hahaha! xD

For some reason, the letters spontaneously appearing doesn't strike me as something earlier-chapters-Harry would have taken for granted like that... Though understandably, he shouldn't think of things like that in this emergency situation. xD

Thanks for another chapter!
AOEUIDH chapter 58 . 11/10/2010
I very much enjoyed the climax of the prison escape. It reminded me strongly of the more epic climaxes of action in HP and the Wastelands of time (which I read after you mentioned them in early author's notes about the first rule of fan fiction).

Thanks again for continuing the writing. I appreciate it.
drowdemon chapter 58 . 11/10/2010
Amazing story. Original, suspenseful, humorous, intelligent... just plain awesome story.
LauralHilll chapter 52 . 11/10/2010
All these comments like, "So you skipped the part where Harry provided his explanation to Quirrelmort of how he supposedly guessed it was Bellatrix he was meant to save?" confuse me; I thought it was obvious that Harry just admitted, "I thought you meant Sirius," then Q goes "Oh. No. Bellatrix was brainwashed, see..."
LauralHilll chapter 51 . 11/10/2010
My browser is finally letting me leave reviews! sixpacksirius: the snake you are thinking of was Draco's patronus/his dad's cane top.
Trivia chapter 17 . 11/10/2010
Did you know that the Japanese version of a pheonix does in fact look like a chicken?. (Well, technically it's more like a rooster with a long, colorful tail.)
Stick97 chapter 58 . 11/10/2010
harry potter and the Darwin award?

I have to wonder exactly what the effect of a rocket in the dementor pit might be?

part of me is looking forward to a dumbles with his beard nearly burnt off.

since it was made with dark magic, the rocketbroomster would have magical fire, preventing magic from allowing the easy regrowth of hair.

I have this mental image of Dumbledore looking like Tom the cat after an explosion in the old tom and jerry cartoons.

great chapter.
Ham Nox chapter 58 . 11/10/2010
What an epic end to the chapter :D

Glad to see that Quirrell is back in action. I've been heavily doubting it, but I'm beginning to think that Quirrell might actually care about Harry. Just a little bit, or as a matter of protecting one's assets for a long as the two have semi- temporarily compatible goals, at least. I'm just trying to understand WHY... I can see it being on his list to offer alliance and goodwill to the one prophesied to have the power to defeat him, rather than to rush out to kill the boy personally and thereby give the boy a perfectly good reason to seek vengeance. And if he's got a Xanatos gambit running with the Pioneer horcrux anyways, there's no reason he shouldn't try to get his influence on the kid whose power might one day exceed his own.. But I'm basing this on Quirrell's style, which seems... very unlike what I've heard of Voldemort's. I've got a few ideas on why that apparent inconsistency exists, but nothing certain :-/

I did what you suggested and went through the book again, writing down everything that looked like a clue. Your hints flow so seamlessly with the story, I have to think that you've planned out EVERYTHING in advance in order to place them so naturally. Of course, that might just be my hyperactive pattern/intent-recognition software trying to make every other word part of some grand conspiracy.

I have so many little theories brewing in my head, I'm using up all my RAM trying to tickle out some defining expectations. Time to start page-swapping before my brain overheats _
Jman12394 chapter 1 . 11/10/2010
a logical harry. ok this is a new one can't wait to see how this turns out
31,572 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,496 1,503 1,504 1,505 1506 1,507 1,508 1,509 1,516 .. Last Next »