Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
YourMom chapter 47 . 9/26/2010
I loved the last chapter, and will be rereading to check for clues, but just wanted to say thanks for finally updating first. I know that your writing pace has been pretty insane on this story, but suddenly stopping for almost a month after that is probably a bad idea. you never know what the yandere fangirls / fanboys might do. :o
Graypdrink chapter 6 . 9/26/2010
hmm i like
Mr Stereo1 chapter 47 . 9/26/2010
I'm starting to question the reasoning of the readers who wanted the chapters divided up, it just seems right to read it like this. It's easier to follow.

Still a top notch story.

Mr Stereo1
kinda evil chapter 47 . 9/26/2010
Looks like Harry’s got his priorities straight with his last comment;)
w chapter 47 . 9/26/2010
Couple more thoughts.

Repeating, essentially, Harry's happy Patronus thoughts was way too close to the previous occurrence and diminished its impact. You could have just said how he adapted it to Narcissa. But then it's your story :).

If you like reviews, you should say this explicitly on the first part. Not everyone is familiar with enough to realize people care about them.

It's interesting how much better hpmor is from your other stories, in particular the three worlds.

A further reading list would be quite nice to have; Harry's conversation with Hermione provides some :) but still.

It _is_ an interesting question what makes Harry trust Dumbledore, before listening to Draco and distrust Lucius, modulo the canon. Personal impression? Surely he knows good actors exist.

Anyhow, thank you. Please continue doing great job.
SevereWrath chapter 47 . 9/26/2010
Great chapter; loved the punchline at the end.

The only thing that irritates me - and this is wholly worth ignoring - is that, IIRC, Dumbledore spent quite some time during the Order of the Phoenix inventing the new communication channel (Patronus messaging). I'd always interpreted it to mean that it didn't exist before then, and certainly wasn't well known.

Works out well for your story so, as I mentioned, please ignore.
hjcallipygian chapter 47 . 9/26/2010
Hahaha, what a great way to work that into the end of the chapter. And I loved what harry took from it, too.
voider chapter 47 . 9/26/2010
heh... "snakes are sentient?"

this is another can of worms...

if snakes are really sentient... then maby other ... "lower life forms" are sentient.

Scene:

"Hey, Harry, are you going to eat that piece of chicken?" Ron asked while looking hungrily at the food on Harry's plate.

Harry's already pale face turned even more white. "I think I'm going to be sick..."
Minke chapter 47 . 9/26/2010
On God, I so love this story. It makes me laugh so hard I cry and get concerned looks from my boyfriend. It's also surprisingly sentimental and a lot more thought provoking than I normally find fanfiction. I've got it marked as a favorite and enjoy every new chapter. I got to admit I *love* when you mess with Harry's head, "Snakes are sentient?" - so dang funny! Can't stop laughing ... have to go pee now ...!
Snake of Medusa chapter 47 . 9/26/2010
That last section there was EPIC AWESOME!

I love how Draco was all tired of surprises, then they used the Patronus to send a message and Harry spoke Parseltongue, and Draco was all WTF-WHYYYYY? and then he explained and Harry was all SNAKES ARE SENTIENT?

Epic awesome all the way, can't wait for the next chapter! _
Raver Styx chapter 47 . 9/26/2010
You have an ability to take something we (the readers) have read over time and time again, and make us go: "Holy Sh*t! How did I miss that?", and furthermore you keep doing that! I was starting to get more relaxed reading this fic and happily thought that you couldn't possibly surprise me again and then I read the ending of this chapter. How did we miss that? Regular, non-magical snakes being sentient...

Please don't ever stop writing, world will be a poorer place because of it.
amy01 chapter 47 . 9/26/2010
best ever.

i always wondered about the snake thing. especially since - do snakes even communicate by hissing?
bekzorz chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
"SNAKES ARE SENTIENT?" Best. Reaction. Ever. _
Hatheny-Lurey-Dralaw chapter 47 . 9/26/2010
Absolutely, 100% fucking BRILLIANT. I swear, you outdo yourself every chapter. Well done, seriously. :):):)
jediprankster chapter 14 . 9/26/2010
I have to be intentionally vague with this review. Sometimes I like to read reviews before I give a story a chance. So I don't include anything in my reviews that could be a spoiler. And since chapter 13 would be completely ruined by any spoilers (and I mean ruined worse than knowing the ending of 'The Sixth Sense' ahead of time ruined) I have to extra vague. By the time Harry got the second note, I guessed what was going on. Then I dismissed it out of hand because, surely they wouldn't do something like that on the FIRST DAY! I briefly considered Peeves was involved, because I love Peeves and I had yet to see him at this point in the story. Then I dismissed that because it was too sophisticated for him. I even briefly considered my original guess after he got the last note. Then I dismissed it again because, let's face it, the idea was absurd.

Chapter 13 was the indirect result of the solution to a problem introduced earlier in the story. A solution that I thought of at the time the problem was introduced. I dismissed the idea then as well. This may be the only time I will ever be glad that I lack the confidence to just trust my instincts. Because let's face it, if I had known before the big reveal at the beginning of the next chapter, it wouldn't have been nearly as enjoyable.

I must say that chapter 13, and the punch line at the beginning of chapter 14 are some of the best I have ever read. I am enjoying this entire story immensely. I have laughed out loud at least once (and usually more than once) in each chapter. I rarely laugh out loud at the written word and this story has, on multiple occasions, caused me to laugh so hard I couldn't breathe. And no, that is not hyperbole in the slightest.

Now I have to go on reading the rest of what you have written so far, and pray I don't die from asphyxiation before I reach the end. I can think of few methods of death that would be better than to literally die laughing, but I would still like to avoid it if at all possible.
29,801 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,497 1,504 1,505 1,506 1507 1,508 1,509 1,510 1,517 .. Last Next »