Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Sagerune Yagami chapter 69 . 2/4/2011
Your Hermione is Beast!

I find myself unsure of who to cheer for.

Sometimes I'm cheering for Harry.

Sometimes Draco.

But at this moment. Hermione's taken the lead.
inermis chapter 1 . 2/4/2011
What was that? Read c. 5 chapters till you decide if you like it? I'm loving this already! Sorry, can't review more, have to continue reading. :)
lilyoftheval5 chapter 69 . 2/4/2011
I'd really like to know what Derrick's father said...

Oh, Thank you and I love you.
Criss chapter 16 . 2/4/2011
I like you're Ender's Game reference? lol
Tazmainian Devil chapter 22 . 2/3/2011
This is really excellent.

I started reading it on a whim because it looked funny and now it's two in the morning and I cannot bring myself to stop.
Mystamir chapter 17 . 2/3/2011
Seldom have I been subjected to such giggle attacks when reading a story. Also I have to applaud your D&Dishness, as the NPC or PC question to Hermione in a previous chapter made me cheer :)
Avi chapter 42 . 2/3/2011
I'm laughing to death here at all the little digs at HP slash fiction. I didn't think that as something that could be subtly mocked. Well done.
Mystamir chapter 10 . 2/3/2011
*is too busy catching her breath from laughter to review properly*
Avi chapter 35 . 2/3/2011
Lovely layers of intrigue, but the whole chapter was spoiled for me by one thing. The presence of the "President of the United States" in this narrative is a jolt to the setting, taking me out of the "magical British boarding school" and into the realm of "world reinterpreted by an American" so fast that it hurt. Part of the charm of Doctor Who, Harry Potter or any British fiction is a world predicated on British thought, and not the American culture so pervasive it doesn't notice itself.

While I'm not going to assume that elections for the Minister of Magic work the way election of the Prime Minister does in our world, you seem to have assumed it works the way it does in the US for the President. In Britain the only people who votes for Prime Ministerial candidates are the ones in the PM's own constituency. It's cute when the Hogwarts word works exactly like the British one with a little magic twist. It's weird when it's rewired for no reason.
Mystamir chapter 9 . 2/3/2011
This is another chapter that had me hooting with laughter. Fortunately the husband and roommate weren't home from work yet, so I didn't have to explain why I sounded like a finalist in the Wicked Witch of The West Cackling Contest.

For those who don't or can't appreciate judiciously and bloody well-done songs in fanfic, they can suck a large rotten egg. Through a straw. Up their nose.
The French Dark Lord chapter 69 . 2/3/2011
This fic truly has reached the epic level!
Avi chapter 30 . 2/3/2011
I like the unexpected not to Ender's Game.
hp4all chapter 68 . 2/3/2011
I am trying to figure out if LV possesses Quirrel in this story. There are many changes: Scabbers was a rat, Sirius was a traitor, Petunia married soemone decent. Oh, Narcissa is dead, Bella is not married. Also, Quirrel is not wearing turban, Harry's scar does not hurt in his presence.

On the other hand, we know that the canon LV was very patient and laid in waiting for a year to retrieve the prophecy. Perhaps Quirrel is also trying to get a measure of Harry, by pushing him all the time. Know your enemy and all that.

Quirrel asked Harry once where would he hide items if noone meant to find them (looking to relocate the horcruxes, perhaps?). Their magics are incompatible, but I remember LV landing a Cruciatus on Harry (albeit after the ritual).

The jury is still out for Quirrel.
Avi chapter 22 . 2/3/2011
I love how you're making science exotic and mysterious against the background of ordinary magic.
Markus Ramikin chapter 31 . 2/3/2011
Draco said out loud, "I notice that I am confused."

Only in a story like this one can this sentence be as awesome as you've managed to make it.
33,664 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,497 1,504 1,505 1,506 1507 1,508 1,509 1,510 1,517 .. Last Next »