Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Phoenix Flight chapter 34 . 8/1/2010
Wow, it's mental calisthenics just keeping up with all the plotting!
ShaThief chapter 34 . 8/1/2010
been following this for over a month now and it just keeps getting better...

I've read some good stuff and some stuff that was so bad it should be a crime to put online... But I must say this is the most clever, insightful and entertaining piece of fiction I've read on this site.
badkidoh chapter 34 . 8/1/2010
Another great chapter.
Dragon Man 180 chapter 34 . 8/1/2010
Wait... there are more battles ahead? Ugh, please get them over with! I'm a little sick of them. I want to see the year wrap up a bit and how things go at the end, especially with Norbert.
Hedi Dracona chapter 34 . 8/1/2010
Harry, I am disappoint. That was a really jackass thing to do.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter. :)
SirRealism chapter 34 . 8/1/2010
I just started reading this fanfic today, and let me just say that if you ever try writing an original novel I will buy it.
109 chapter 34 . 8/1/2010
Whoa there are references in the chapter notes. Complete set of seven idiot balls? Nice.
witowsmp chapter 34 . 8/1/2010
Leaders are what cause wars. The average citizen doesn't care one bit about whatever excuse the government leader gives for going to war until she or he is done with their speeches, yet those leaders aren't the ones who go out and risk their lives. Without governments, there would be no big wars. In other words, chaos could be the true answer for peace - everyone taking care of themselves instead of banding together. I know that won't happen, but that would prevent big wars with countless casualties.

It looks like Zabini was helping Voldemort but didn't know it.
Adeptis chapter 33 . 8/1/2010
Good chapter.
farwalker chapter 34 . 8/1/2010
hmmm...

Interesting.

And Harry's right - Quirrel's not thinking past the box of thier society.
uo-chou chapter 34 . 8/1/2010
Harry really needs to learn to keep his mouth closed. Excellent chapter, as always! Thank you for sharing.
Lydia-kitten chapter 34 . 8/1/2010
The influence Ender's Game has had on you is very apparent. This book has a way of haunting most prodigies. It is just so easy for the intelligent part of the population to find someone to identify with in this book.

Anyway, have I mentioned you should write faster?
wisecurledqueen chapter 34 . 8/1/2010
This is a great chapter. The manipulations and words that you tie into this story are awesome. Hermione is gonna have a right shock soon, isn't she? I can't wait. Harry acts much like he should- a child who sees more than most, and can think up dozens of ways to kill you. Hope to see a new chapter in a couple of weeks- your story is addicting.

-curledruler
Taniera Highfire chapter 34 . 8/1/2010
Okay, I dug out my years old account and cleaned out my embarrassing profile just to say this: Please, please do not label this story AU.

The first chapter of this story screams OOC, as no one in that chapter behaves as they do in the original series.

AU/OOC is a terrible thing to have your fanfiction regarded as. You know the geek hierarchy? The lesser known fanfiction hierarchy puts puts AU/OOC at the bottom, tied with Lemon Mary-Sue. There are many people who might otherwise enjoy your story but may never give it a good look if it seems like it's going to be AU/OOC.

At least by my definitions of such things, this story is not actually AU. It basically uses the Harry Potter Universe, with (what I consider) minor changes. AU is more like- Harry & Co are in a normal High School. There's no such thing as magic, but carry on! - or - Harry Potter, daring Space Viking, sails against the evil Space Overlord Voldemort who is conquering worlds and engraving Dark Marks into their farmland with GREEN LAZERS - or - Harry Potter, new financial analyst, lands his first wall street job and falls madly in love with the genius Hermione.

Stereotypical AU is much more AU. Your setting (Hogwarts, Diagon Alley, and their descriptions) is cannon, the characters are occupied in cannon pursuits (for the most part). You've ironed out some of the magic, and that's caused you to contradict cannon in a few places (but the cannon magic was inconsistent, so ironing's going to cause rips), but in general the magic is cannon. So it's not AU. This is AP (alternate plot [term not in common use {that was an understatement}]), but it's really the same universe.

P.S. I think it goes without saying that I love this fic. I have recommended it to all my friends and coworkers. Some of them have even read it.
solussword chapter 33 . 8/1/2010
Interesting.

The sheer amount of mental acrobats you put yourself through is astounding. I wish I could be as unbiased as you when I write.
29,621 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,571 1,578 1,579 1,580 1581 1,582 1,583 1,584 1,591 .. Last Next »