Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Overlooked Supporting Cast chapter 63 . 11/29/2010
I only wish to convey my thanks for what you've done so far, and my hopes that your hiatus proves fruitful. Take your time, and rest assured that your loyal readers will not torture themselves -too- much in your absence. The very worst that could happen is someone actually writing your proposed Belldandy/Quirrelmort romantic comedy. Well, no, I take that back, the very worst that could happen is explicit slash presenting a whole new take on "the flesh of Bellatrix Black, willingly given."

On the other hand, maybe you should hurry. I'm not certain anymore. Either way, thanks again.
Yael chapter 63 . 11/29/2010
Let's see if I can count the references in this chapter:

Verdandi seems like an obvious allusion to Ah! My Goddess, although a more entertaining version of the character in question.

Iocane Powder is of course an allusion to The Princess Bride.

The Bahl's Stupefaction seems like an allusion to Stargate SG-1, and is my favorite of all of them.

Very nice chapter, by the way.
Sorrowful Stone chapter 63 . 11/29/2010
I really liked that sunset scene.

And of course, Harry gaining a minion. :P
Me chapter 63 . 11/29/2010
The whole thing about LSD and the gravestones. YOU WIN.

You write some of the most beautifully I have ever seen. The emotions. Harry's emotions. YOU WIN. Some of the other reviews I've seen are complaining that Harry is a self-insert of the author. I don't know if he is or not. But I think the way you write him is wonderful, and PLEASE KEEP WRITING HIM LIKE THIS HE'S SO AWESOME AND! IT! HAS! REAL! EMOTION! BEHIND! IT! LIKE THIS AND I LOVE YOUR WRITING SO DON'T STOP THE WAY YOU WRITE IS GREAT-

Absolutely brilliant.

Have a good vacation! I'll keep an eye on the story occasionally and watch for updates.

Best wishes.
roshnir chapter 63 . 11/29/2010
I stopped reading after the first aftermath to tell you that was a breathtakingly beautiful scene. Oh Hermione, you are so much better than most of us who could do nothing but hang their heads in shame when Fawkes asks us that.

Thank you for making me think of this.
Pentecost chapter 63 . 11/29/2010
Completed a Quest and gained a Minion? He also altered in his own mind the overarching plot of his life, and since this is a story, what he decided will inevitably come to be. Or at least we will have some eventual satisfaction, either with him renouncing leadership and leaving the world to Democracy, or, with you proving that a Dictatorship can be moral. I'm rooting for the latter. Good chapter.
firedraygon chapter 63 . 11/29/2010
This is a beautiful chapter. I loved the scene with Harry and the setting sun, and the one with Lucius' letter is awesome. I hope you enjoy your little break from this fic, and I'm looking forward to new updates in a month to come!

~fd97
BlindGardener chapter 63 . 11/29/2010
I think I get it. Sirius Black never went to Azkaban. Or Sirius Black is guilty and Peter Petigrew is Santa claus.

That having been said, this chapter made ME think about the milgram experement. I was ALWAYS fairly certain I was in the group who would go the whole way, but in thinking about my own interactions in similar situations... long story short, I tend to disobey when pressured. Even though my mental image of myself folds like a wet sponge.

This honestly bothers me...

Also, this chapter could use a little bit of rewriting. I'm not sure exactly what needs rewriting but it's less good then the preceeding chapter. The wordings were... more awkward, less direct. And chapter 62 was slightly less good then 61. Honestly it 'feels' like it was written while muddled with lack of sleep and barely edited. You should have waited a day or two to refine it.

61 was great though.
Jack Diamonds chapter 63 . 11/28/2010
A high point in the story, great like so many here. Glad the author is taking a well deserved rest. I wouldn't want him to burn out before this is done!
CrystalC chapter 63 . 11/28/2010
"In another 150 reviews this will be the fourth most reviewed HP fic on , and (at least when I try it) the fourth Google result on "rationality"."

Since you've posted that, so many people have googled it that it's coming up as 2nd on my search list.
ilikebluepineapples chapter 63 . 11/28/2010
Great chapter. Every other word seems like it could be a hint, so I shall have something to do if I get HPMOR withdrawal in the next month (well actually, I /should/ just be doing my college apps, but...)

Too much awesome to comment on all of it specifically, but I loved the Moody scene, the bits of humor you wove in there and the chilling last line, and I like that the chapter begins with Hermione questioning herself and maybe starting her own Trial.

And ugh, I really want someone to see that Quirrel is Quirrelmort, and I /know/ that it only seems obvious to me because I've read HP canon, but... well, dramatic irony has never been my thing.

Thank you, I can't wait for the next chapter, and will maybe even buy your rationality book when it comes out.
Speechwriter chapter 63 . 11/28/2010
I'm going to hunker down and hibernate during your hiatus. I'll ask someone to awaken me when the new chapter has come up.

Actually, that idea is incredibly appealing! Hmm...

Excellent chapter, by the way. Gah. I was feeling all emotional during the Lestrange scene - and then this:

"And some unbelievably tactless part of him thought, Yay, we completed a quest and got a minion -

Shut up. If you ever want to vote on anything ever again... shut up."

Thank you for being hysterical.

Happy hiatus! And happy ex-Thanksgiving.
rwallace chapter 63 . 11/28/2010
Excellent as usual (though, while I agree with Harry that gratuitous torture is bad, he's running out of excuses for seeing nothing wrong with the idea of _freeing_ the inmates of Azkaban).

Technical correction, though, in case any reader ever puts it into practice: if you look directly at the sun, it's not just the ultraviolet and visible components that are hazardous, but also the near infrared.
VA23 chapter 63 . 11/28/2010
"Get in line, you lot, I got an owl from Mum this morning, she says to tell everyone she's called dibs"

...

...SINGLE best line I've read in this story. If it wasn't so late at night I would be roaring with laughter at the time of this writing.
Final-Fan chapter 61 . 11/28/2010
You have said (tvtropes sez), "It is a general law of MoR that no one is ever holding the Idiot Ball." But it occurs to me that Amelia's report of Weasley's report indicates that SOMEONE is gripping the Idiot Ball pretty hard. Do you care enough about random review(er)s to comment on or rebut this?
33,345 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,571 1,578 1,579 1,580 1581 1,582 1,583 1,584 1,591 .. Last Next »