Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
yrfgd chapter 58 . 11/7/2010
I LOVE IT! What a superb ending to the chapter. "This is my broomstick"

You're brilliant. Keep it coming.
LwOliverbeatson chapter 57 . 11/7/2010
Wow, this is certainly getting epic! I hope this isn't the end though, the series has been brilliant so far and I don't want it to end... and there's so much more irrationality to vanquish! I'm getting that feeling in a game, y'know when you're a door away from the final boss, but you know there's a ton of sub-quests you haven't completed yet... every fibre of my being is soaked in that don't-open-the-final-boss-door feeling. But I'm looking forward to what happens here in Azkaban.

My thought was that Harry was engineering some explosive, which hit me immediately as worrying. I also wonder that Quirrell has been pretending to sleep all this time, it seems far off but my brain can't make any other explanation fit any better, so I'm looking forward too to the manner in which Quirrell dodged the idiot-ball, given the current circumstances.

Very well done, Eliezer!
Morbious20 chapter 57 . 11/7/2010
Awesome chapter
Pandora of Ithilien chapter 57 . 11/7/2010
uh-oh... opening with something like that is going to be interesting. of course, an attitude like that is basically harry's trademark, so at this point, when he's narrowly avoided discovery, it's kind of a stupid risk... or it seems to be. hopefully he has a damn good reason for it.
Aloril chapter 57 . 11/7/2010
So Harry used 1.5h to transfigure ice into liquid hydrogen and oxygen. That should give some 50-200kg fuel for a rocket which when fired burns back into water. I wonder if he is now transfiguring a big gun barrel or something else.

Maybe Dumbledore just checked that Harry is OK? I find it hard to believe he would not notice familiar person under blanket.
Discordia19 chapter 57 . 11/7/2010
Oh dear Christ...Harry's made a BOOMSTICK?
MrPatan chapter 57 . 11/7/2010
Better than the original. Would pay to read this book.
Peregrinate chapter 57 . 11/7/2010
:D An update! I was so excited when I saw. Keep writing please!
AngelForm chapter 57 . 11/7/2010
So even death fear’s destruction, useful info.

Not sure what he is building but I suspect part of his plan involved blasting a hole in the wall.

Loved Dumbledore’s line. Even more so the reaction it got.
Heidinanookie chapter 57 . 11/7/2010
-"I quit, said his brain. Find yourself another piece of computing substrate to solve your ridiculously overconstrained problems."-

lool, that's what my brain said quite a while ago, too :D

Dumbledore is hilarious in this chapter, too. I'm having a hard time keeping track of all the different interpretations of Dumbledores in the fanfics I'm reading right now, but I'm not sure Dumbledore would take part in this scene like he did:

"Albus," said Amelia as the old wizard turned to depart, "even you can be ambushed."

"Nonsense, my dear," the old wizard said cheerfully as he strode off yet again, waving as though in admonition his fifteen-inch wand of unidentifiable dark-grey wood, "I'm invincible."

There was a pause.

("He didn't just really say that -" whispered the newest Auror present, a still-prim young lady by the name of Noelle Curry, to the senior member of her trio, Auror Brooks. "Did he?")

("He can get away with it," Isabel whispered back to her, "he's Dumbledore, not even Fate takes him seriously anymore.")

I'd rather say that Dumbledore should be taken VERY seriously indeed if he's invincible :D

Anyway, what could that mysterious device of Harry's be? A pack of dynamite? Any why didn't he try a partial transfiguration on the outer walls before? It's a simply but ingenious idea. On the other hand, Dumbledore is going to know straight away that Harry wasn't only involved in some distantly obscured way, but that he was there and very much actively taking part in the operation...

Animekitty47 chapter 57 . 11/7/2010
Oh, Dumbledore, messing with them by referencing the Elder Wand, that he knows they won't get, and which he knows doesn't actually make the user invincible. After all, he beat Grindelwald for it. XP ('Not even Fate takes him seriously', excellent line.)

Harry's awesome, as always. And might this plan actually succeed? XD I hope you do update again today...
minhoto chapter 57 . 11/7/2010
Woke up my roommates laughing at the final quote, cant wait to see what you've decided to magically fuze to a shotgun.
FuzzyBoots chapter 57 . 11/7/2010
_ Harry's boomstick. I look forward to seeing what he coupled it to. Probably the broom (heh... the broomstick/boomstick?), but there are other possibilities. I'm enjoying Harry's consistent solving of problems. It's good that he's in the middle of insurmountable problems because it means you can let him be competent again and succeed since it's a situation where he won't come off as Mary Sue-ish in the process.

I'm assuming at this point that Belliatrix is still carrying Quirrell's snake form. No mention of her having dropped it and she does seem the loyal sort, although it would be funny if, after all of this effort, Harry wound up losing to a factor he didn't know to keep track of because he's dealing with the people involved as logical devices.
Dur'id the Druid chapter 57 . 11/7/2010
Not much to say about this chapter, other than well done and please post the next quickly! I've been checking twice a day since the last post.
hjcallipygian chapter 57 . 11/7/2010
Oh my God I've figured it out! You've set all this up and finally introduced this logical character and I've found the love story - it's Harry/Amelia Bones! She'll show him that wizards can use logic and reason and he'll show her how the Dementors are wrong and-

I'm sorry, I'm just fucking with you. )

Interesting chapter. Harry's big mistake is, of course, that Dumbledore is there and will recognize partial Transfiguration and realize who must've done it.
32,515 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,571 1,578 1,579 1,580 1581 1,582 1,583 1,584 1,591 .. Last Next »