Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Dr Stranger chapter 122 . 4/15
Definitely a triumph. Congratulations.
Alphabetta chapter 6 . 4/15
Harry is a master manipulator, lol. That was so Slytherin of him, but so so so so Slytherin. I am with the hat on that.
Alphabetta chapter 5 . 4/15
I had to read this chapter twice to understand what happened ! First, I am worried about Draco hahaha did they just cover their ass to each other? God, I loved the description of Lucius. It's my favorite description of Lucius ever. Yes Minerva go back and have another drink.
Alphabetta chapter 4 . 4/15
I love this Harry that is not traumatized by Vernon and Petunia treating him like rubbish.
Alphabetta chapter 2 . 4/15
Someone make a fanfic of Harry creating a crater billowing purple smoke, a depopulated city surrounding it and a plague of flaming zebras terrorising what remains of England with his first year schoolbooks please I need to read that.
Alphabetta chapter 1 . 4/15
lol I like this Harry's style xD ┬Ědad was reading a book to show how smart he was.
Poasoianne chapter 6 . 4/15
Your writing is brilliant! Harry is a very well rounded character. Your story is serious when it needs to be, but can be hilariously funny as well.
shepbad chapter 122 . 4/14
Epic
I am humbled
Lightimus chapter 122 . 4/14
I just binged read the last sixty chapters of this fic in the past fifteen hours. Well done, and thank you for the immense enjoyment I found.
ThomasAD chapter 70 . 4/13
I don't know what it is about the wording "set fire to a chicken" that sends me into hysterics. Your Dumbledore is amazing. Possibly my favorite thing about this story is how most of the fic is so serious in both its message and its content yet you are still able to make my cheeks hurt from laughing. The sheer spontaneity and absolute randomness of your humor scenes wrecks my brain every time. Once I regain control of my faculties (it takes a few reviews after nearly dropping my table due to the laughter) I can reflect and be impressed by the fact that I don't feel the humor removes depth but instead adds layers and angles. The first time I read set fire to a chicken (many chapters ago) I suppose I reread the sentence maybe 4 times. Then I reread the context. And then the sentence again a few more confusion until I realized it was indeed a chicken and not Harry thinking Fawkes resembled a chicken. Even though I was clearly told it is indeed a chicken. It is just too bizarre and I have no idea how your mind made those incredibly insane combinations of words. The humor aside, this is an extremely intriguing and inspirational story. You might like to know, if you didn't already, this fic is displayed above some of the actual Harry Potter books when searching Harry Potter on google. I'm very glad I stumbled upon it. Perhaps not as eloquent or as all encompassing as I hoped to word my review, but I'm sure everything I could come up with has been said before. The humor hit me at a time when I myself and my life felt quite serious. Tl;Dr: An excellent escape with hidden life lessons.
Invisiblegirl16 chapter 10 . 4/13
I had seen some art work for this on DA (which is how I found this story), so I already knew that Harry was going to be in Ravenclaw - and then the Sorting Hat said, "Slytherin", and I actually felt my heart skip a beat. Damn that Sorting Hat! Geez . . . (though I bet if it had said Gryffindor, that gasp of horror would've came from McGonagall - and Snape's reaction - ouch!)
Invisiblegirl16 chapter 6 . 4/13
Rethinking the whole 'you'll be in Ravenclaw' thing, aren't you, Professor? I love this Harry! And, speaking of which, original Harry found out about the prophecy in what - the fifth book? If he had been anything like this Harry, there wouldn't have even needed to be seven books. Really awesome so far! Can't wait to see his meet up with Hermione - and when he sees Draco again!
anonimity chapter 6 . 4/13
That was a crazy chapter.i actually think the whole chapter was an omake...great going-although my friends think am going crazy with all the supressed giggles :D
cztelnik chapter 122 . 4/12
Your story is impressive for a lot of reasons; not the least the artistic layout -on top of an intelligent tale with hidden logic riddle like qualities. Thanks for writing it. At the end, it was difficult, I couldn't understand how Harry didn't tip to Quirrell's evil but after much thought; perhaps Harry is so very comfortable in his science world and hasn't read enough fantasy.? He doesn't understand about the inevitability of million-to-one chances :-/. I'm a bit envious of your Harry, his confidence in his choice of universe (science vs. popular). He is brilliant and has the power to overwhelm...he doesn't really have peers so no matter his flaws, they'll always be accepted on some level. He'll never dread shame at being found wanting - to himself yes but not to others. Hats off to Harry!
LeEspionage chapter 14 . 4/12
I love how you are SO fixated on the science behind magical tea. It gives me a feeling of "Okay, we're still in the same story" when everything else seem to cease making sense to me. Thank you.
Misa