Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Promising
I was recommended to this Fan Fiction by a friend. He told me I would love it and hate him (for tying up my valuable reading time for so long)
I fear he may be correct on both counts.

David Farrant
Timeseer chapter 122 . 10/10
Overall the story is fantastic and a brilliant book simply on its own had you replaced character names and locations mixed up the magic system into something new this would be a fantastic novel you should consider publishing. However in sorry to say this but I detested your ending of it im not sure particularly which parts of it made me so incredibly annoyed that you ended it like you did but if you do ever publish this in my opinion rewrite the entire ending 2-3 chapters
Alex chapter 34 . 10/9
I feel confused.
It certanly does feel adequate for the Dark Lord to be defeated. And it also feels that both times were staged, probably by the person who's put a mask of the Dark Lord upon themselves several times during this story.
The Dark Lord persona cannot win no matter what, becasue it has no goals and no after-winning strategies, it's been made to fight and does nothing but that.
The Original Person (creator of masks) staged whole war, then clonned themselves (making horcrux of Quirell didn't work well because the body was already grown alongside the mind) into what everyone knew was the Harry Potter, Dark Lord's defeater, so no one would ever question their clone, then risked lots of their secrets to be revealed while training said clone and then staged his own defeat, as Quirell predicted right after whole Azkaban business.
Otherwise 122 makes no sense at all: reviving Hermione - for what purpose, if HP is already doomed? Forcing HP to take these oaths? Waiting long enough for HP to do something, coming so far to strip him of clothes but allow to have a wand? The Person in 122 looks exactly like no one else but the Dark Lord: irrational, crazy, doomed to be defeated. And with his defeat all of his supportes gone too, how convinient. Also gone Dumbledore who could have spoted that something was off, and others of the Light Party are convinced that the Dark Lord is gone for good (or trapped by Potter), while The Person either flies away with bits of plastic surgery, or continues to live as Harry Potter, because we do not know how this whole horcrux business works and if the creator can't merge with it at any time. Two different spirits become one thus making the prophecy fufilled.
If there'd be an epilogue, it would be chilling for HP to hum a tune at the very end, not quite bad ending though. Say, whole business of the century was to lure Flamel out of his hole and aquire the Stone thus gaining the immortality, while everything else was a farce. Oh dear, it would've been a nice one-shot if I had less work.
Inch-chan chapter 1 . 10/9
This seems so cool!
dbpeel chapter 11 . 10/7
This is beutiful
Wow. That was cool. I need to read all the real books again now! Thanks for a great story, it was loads of fun. I must admit I got a bit worried in the middle there that it was getting a bit too dark and unrealistic, but I really appreciate a good ending. That was a nice way to sum it up. Thanks again!
Idea Tamer Chaos chapter 10 . 10/2
My fucking god. I love this fanfic...
Nacktgranate chapter 52 . 10/2
Why is the chapter "Title Redactet Pt. 1" followed by "The Stanford Prison Experiment Pt. 2"? Are'nt there at least 2 Chapters Missing?
Idea Tamer Chaos chapter 5 . 10/2
I fucking choked in the ending skit. It was marvellous...
Druid's Square chapter 1 . 9/29
Hey, quick question: What would this Harry's thoughts be on Quodpot, the American Quidditch variant? To describe it, it's basically basketball on broomsticks, but replace the ball with a live time bomb. No bludgers, no snitch, just a ball that can explode at any moment. I imagine it would be something like:
"As a sport, it's not stupid like quidditch. In fact it's rules are straightforward and fair. But only the extremely stupid or criminally insane would want to play it."
InTheShadows3 chapter 17 . 9/29
This is the most confusing story that I have ever read! I’m stopping because I don’t know what’s going on...
MysticSpider chapter 5 . 9/29
YES, GE EVERYONE IN ON THAT JOKE! HOW COULD I MISS A FIC THIS GOOD?
MysticSpider chapter 2 . 9/29
You know, the destruction of everything he knew should have had more eff-there it is.
StoneTheLoner chapter 19 . 9/27
Good. Harry learned to lose, but I learned to hate character growth. Seems like an even trade eh?
Guy-In-The-Hoodie chapter 82 . 9/27
Damn. Dumbledore needs a hug.
33,674 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »