Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Curly Irene chapter 122 . 9/20
The best piece of fanfiction I have ever read, wow.
Reading HPMOR has been a fascinating adventure, and very inspiring too.
Thank you so much!
an angel of darkness chapter 25 . 9/20
Pankakejoe chapter 49 . 9/20
Hah. Tenorman's family chili. Classic. His cannibal thoughts aren't too far off. I hope this vegetarian phase ends soon though.
writingpenguin chapter 24 . 9/19
Well-written but rather dragging. Still enjoyable though. On another note, I can't believe that you managed to sneak in Death Note of all things into a Harry Potter fan fiction so seamlessly. Kudos to you!
daemon3.14 chapter 118 . 9/18
I'm rereading the book for the fourth time - although only the second time for the last 20ish chapters. It's really great!

Just a quick note, how could Flitwick have asked Harry about an euology in May, when it all happened in May?

Also, in the last chapter, Harry could not have known about "market monetarism", since the term was coined in 2011 (see Wikipedia page). And, if Harry actually had read those works or ordinary monetarist thought it seems a very strange thing for him to say, because he seems to disparage the goblins' attitude toward inflation. But they actually have a fair complaint against someone increasing the money supply and making their own gold less valuable.
Ma13 chapter 11 . 9/18
I really like the Ghostbusters version
If you want to make a story as real as possible then a simple fact must be remembered that no way in the blue hell any eleven years kid can be as intelligent as shown in this fanfic.
GreatWyrmGold chapter 120 . 9/17
How could you do this to me? I laughed at the end of the chapter. LAUGHED. You are a terrible, incredible, almost indescribable author, and I hope you get that Hugo.
GreatWyrmGold chapter 107 . 9/17
I notice "Have not betrayed you yet" has no subject...technically, Harry could have said something like "[My parents] have not betrayed you yet," which would be technically true. Similar lapses of complete sentences also beg to be exploited. I wonder if Parseltongue's unusual grammar can, in fact, be exploited to avoid revealing the truth.

Voldemort's flight is interestingly-explained; I approve of the idea, as I do of many of your ideas.
kylC chapter 5 . 9/17
holy shit this chapter actually made me laugh so hard I'm crying
Too stunned to say anything .
Bravo...that's all I can say...this is the most brilliant piece of art that I have ever had the privilege to read. You've probably heard this many times by now, but honestly, this was really, really, REALLY good. If a fan made sequel or your next major story is published, can you add it's name to the final chapter so that I and others can find it?
GreatWyrmGold chapter 100 . 9/16
I thought Tracey had better taste in literature...
Imps? I got that reference.
I like this Hagrid. It's a shame he didn't get to feature much in the first hundred chapters.
I didn't expect Quirrell to be the culprit, which surely speaks to your skill as a writer.
GreatWyrmGold chapter 99 . 9/16
It's amazing how much more effect these kinds of statements have on their own, without the rest of a chapter. "Ten days later, the first dead unicorn was found in the Forbidden Forest." "You needed worthy foes." That kind of thing.
GreatWyrmGold chapter 97 . 9/16
I've never wanted Dumbledore to have killed Hermione so much. I...really don't know how to feel about that.
30,993 | « Prev Page 1 .. 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 34 .. Last Next »