Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
StephAD chapter 64 . 6/28
I would like to state that I am quite literally five hours past my bed time. I have no intentions of falling asleep right now (much as I would like to be ABLE to), and I'm worried that I won't sleep until I've finished this fic. Considering that I am merely just over halfway done with it, this is somewhat troubling.
animelovercamcam chapter 6 . 6/27
Surprisingly I found my first grammatical error in this story whenever a name like Bayes ends in s a apostrophe is all that is needed so it would be Bayes' theory but this is a pretty common mistake most people make but besides that fantastic story so far!
Saph chapter 1 . 6/27
I remember the first time I read Harry Potter. This is somehow the perfect inverse of his situation. I can't properly explain what the very last line did to me, but I am in tears. I am very much looking forward to the next several hours.
fuzzyidioms chapter 64 . 6/25
Giggles so many giggles. A great thank you for this becrossing pause
Anastasoula chapter 110 . 6/25
Of my fucking god. So MUCH.
Love the story of Perenelle.
fuzzyidioms chapter 55 . 6/25
ch
I like how you're encouraging readers to try their hand at HPJEV/rationalist fic before posting the epilogue. It's amazing how this project is continuing to impact people!
jpiabrantes chapter 78 . 6/23
It was a great chapter but I don't get how Harry find out how to stir his potion. Should he stir it 4 times clockwise and one counterclockwise or should it be two? What's the logic behind it? Why didn't the potion release an imense amount of water that also was absorved by the tree during whole it's growth?

Anyway, i'm really enjoying this book
Lara chapter 122 . 6/22
Thank you so much for this experience.

Also, I couldn't BELIEVE you made that sunscreen reference in the last chapter, hahahaha.
KidMidas chapter 2 . 6/21
I've read 2 chapters, Just 2 and its on my faves List. I Don't think that's ever happened before. Can't wait to read the rest.
MelodyPond123 chapter 11 . 6/20
These are awesome! The first one it feels like somebody spliced Sherlock into Harry's brain. Dumbledore must be floored. The ghost busters bit was good. I almost screamed when it said Ravenclaw, and the 'House Achoo' one was positively hysterical. Poor Minerva. lol
WittyRasberry22 chapter 122 . 6/20
I really love this
Harry teaches Voldemort how to create a 2nd level Patronus, but since the description does not match the usual Patronus instructions, Voldemort does not realize the implications. He instead describes it as "how I control Dementors." He includes that it requires a sacrifice: the spell will reach a limit where you feel you must END -not just die- if you put any more of your energy into it (Harry's own feeling in Azkaban). The willingness to END is the only sacrifice necessary (a la sacrificing your free will in the Unbreakable Vow.) Since Harry and Voldemort are the only magical people Harry knows of that do not believe in an afterlife, they are the only ones capable of casting the spell. All other wizards might sacrifice their lives, but not their hope of an afterlife.
In order for this to work, Harry needs to teach Voldemort Partial Transfiguration FIRST. Trust needs to be established. Trying to kill Voldemort through a botched PT would be ineffective; Dumbledore and McGonnagall's caution when it came to experimenting with Transfiguration would indicate that Voldemort would be just as careful. But after successfully proving the possibility of a PT, Voldemort would be willing to try the Patronus 2.0. They port with the Death Eaters to Azhaban to to destroy all of the Death Eaters there as the first declaration of Voldemort's ascension to power. This would also help establish Voldy as occasionally benevolent, something he is newly interested in. HP demonstrates it on a Dementor, but the pressure of casting the spell causes the both of them pain. HP and Voldy separate to opposite ends of the prison to prevent their magic from interfering, HP guarded by nearly all the Death Eaters. Voldemort commits completely to the spell, dying and destroying every Dementor with him.
Son of The Herobrine chapter 11 . 6/19
Oh my God these are hilarious!
Anna chapter 122 . 6/19
Thank you for the wonderful book! It has been a true pleasure to read it, and it also opened a whole world of rational thinking for me.
30,234 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »