Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Now that was funny, indeed. Not being deprived from attention your Harry Potter is completely different character indeed. And I like the way you show how your character's thought process goes, affecting his every action, rather than just saying he is smart and have him just know all the answers. I will not be reviewing any more chapters, as this distracts me from reading, but thanks for the great work.
Science fiction ftw :) This is great!
hahaha, good stuff :). I think that J.K. Rowling hates math too much to allow for such a bridge between science and magic (no math in Hogwarts, wtf ?). You could've mentioned the scar and the glasses, and not just assume we know the character. Or maybe you will do that later? Anyway, I am hooked :)
Arabella Lee Smith chapter 7 . 4/8
Love your comparison of science and magic. Interesting story.
Blue Blossoms chapter 14 . 4/8
there are 24 hours in a day!
Arabella Lee Smith chapter 6 . 4/7
I was relieved to read that Harry's folks only ever sang THOSE words to him. LOL
Arabella Lee Smith chapter 5 . 4/7
OMG you are so funny! Just when I was getting a bit miffed at Harry for being rude(ish) to people who only want to speak to him and do a nit of harmless hero-worship, he goes and totally fools Malfoy into thinking (for a little while ) that he admires said Malfoy.
Hairy Tail chapter 5 . 4/7
GAHHAHAHAHHA

ok i love this chapter
still not signed chapter 2 . 4/7
Oh, how cute! Harry is even smarter than I was as a child. And that is saying something. Very funny.
NOt signed in chapter 1 . 4/7
I like it so far. Even a slightly cold and aloof father is better than Vernon, and this Petunia is a doll compared to Petunia Dursley. Go, Mrs Figg!
Kipper chapter 48 . 4/7
Who are you and why are you so AMAZING. Sorry had to get that out of my system. Your story is so intelligent it makes my head hurt at times so I am not even going bother trying tax what little mental faculties I have complimenting you each and every part I loved; nor will I even attempt to pretend that I have the gall to criticize any piece of this master work so I will just spell out my feelings as intelligently as my simple and mortal mind can:

THIS IS THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER READ! LET ME BOW AT YOUR MAJESTY
konatachan603 chapter 12 . 4/6
I honestly don't care if Harry goes Dark or Light or neither! I honestly can't tell which direction he's going to go in too! But rereading the summary... And reading the little bit about befriending Professor Quirrel... I'm actually hoping he'll go dark. Speaking of Professor Quirrel... I was NOT expecting that speech. Pretty nice speech too lol
Wow. Four reviews in a row? This just keeps getting better!
konatachan603 chapter 10 . 4/6
Now I'm regretting more than ever my decision to finish this fanfic as quickly as possible because this entire chapter has required me to carefully read every single word of text. And honestly, that never happens. I usually fast-read, absorbing as much as I can as quickly as I can, but this... this... THIS ENTIRE CHAPTER LONG CONVERSATION between Harry and the Sorting Hat... I literally couldn't process the words fast enough if I read it like I normally do... The point is, my challenge to myself is going to take a LONG time...
All my regrets aside, however, THERE WAS SO MUCH SUSPENSE! AND I RUINED IT FOR MYSELF! I LITERALLY WOULDNT LET MYSELF READ AHEAD A SINGLE LINE JUST SO I WOULDN'T FIND OUT WHERE HARRY IS GOING TO BE SORTED AHEAD OF TIME! And you know what I did when I saw the word SLYTHERIN? I couldn't help automatically scrolling down and reading the words "Just kidding! RAVENCLAW"
It totally ruined the effect as I quickly read the words between the two capitalized words, and I am extremely mad at myself for that.
Wow
This is the first time I've felt it necessary to leave a review three chapters in a row! You, whoever you may happen to be, are a genius.
konatachan603 chapter 7 . 4/6
Oh My God
That last couple of sentences... I LITERALLY reread it at least three times, because my brain couldn't process what it actually meant.
If I read that correctly, it means that Lucius thought whomever Draco was talking about got that information from Snape... But since Harry obviously has had no connection with Snape yet, it would mean he realized Lucius' weak point on his own... Which is a quite scary and sobering fact... MAN UR SUCH A GENIUS!
Anyways, I'm kinda regretting saying that I'll finish this as soon as possible... That was BEFORE I realized that this story is over 500k words long! But I started reading it knowing that, so I'm definitely going to try to finish it... I finished a 700k word fanfic once... I can do it again...
konatachan603 chapter 6 . 4/6
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG THIS HAS GOT TO BE ONE OF THE BEST FANFICS IVE EVER READ AND I HAVENT EVEN FINISHED YET.
in fact, I've barely started.
Wow.
I'm honestly utterly amazed you could write all of Harry's monologues.
And btw, that bit about the science fiction book Harry got the idea about making a "signal" from... Please tell me that was Artemis Fowl! Cuz if it is, I would feel like a genius. If it isn't oh well... And if I never get a reply to this review in the first place that's fine too, because I'll still be safe in my belief that I got the supposed reference.
I absolutely LOVED that bit in Madam Malkins too. Lol
And I mean that LOL btw, I was actually laughing my ass off. Not many things do that to me anymore
Anyways, I have a feeling I'll be completely broken by the end, but I'm going to finish this fanfic in record time anyways. Who cares if my grades suffer for it... Lol
23,757 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »