Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
cloudshape to ennien chapter 5 . 9/13
I can't even remember when I read a HP non-Snape-centriv fanfic. It hardly ever happens. Must habe been years ago - like at least a decade.

And I just stumbled across this story and didn't even really want to start reading it. I mean, really - a story without Snape in it is not even worth looking at. Right? And a story in the humor-category is destined to be a bore and utterly humorless in almost all cases. But then I saw all the reviews and decided to just have a kind of sneak preview to proof to myself that it is worthless to me.

And what do I get? One of the most hilarious things I have come across. Ever. Or maybe not even "one of the ... things", but actually THE most hilarious thing ever.

This is just incredible and I am still busy laughing my head off. I feel really sorry for the whole wizarding world with Harry in it. They won't know what hit them.

But now on with it - I have time for at least 2 or 3 more chapters, before I have to go to work.
Guy-In-The-Hoodie chapter 1 . 9/13
Love the Author's style. Dear god, where do you get all of your scientific jargin from?
DeltaSigmaTheta chapter 5 . 9/13
This chapter is the funniest thing I've ever read in my whole
Life.
Chicwowwow chapter 57 . 9/10
I just realised this, but the last twenty or so chapters have been a remarkably complicated way of saying that dementor are killed through rejection
Chicwowwow chapter 38 . 9/8
Despite knowing that it is good for my literary self, I'm just having a really hard time seeing a character being equal too and, in fact, regularly trumping the main character (being Harry). Your story continues to astound.
P chapter 19 . 9/7
This story is bad for my heart. And maybe my lungs. My chest in general I think.
P chapter 18 . 9/7
This fic utterly amazes me. It is absolutely hilarious at times i burst out laughing, but despite its humor it really hits you hard sometimes. Between Harry's conflicts with his own morality and just. everything else... wow. Just the dark humor thats honestly is mildly terrifying at points, like the amount of times i'll say What The Fuck out loud while reading... This chapter really cut me deep because the situation is basically my worst fears, from when I was a younger kid to now it makes me very upset. Of course most of the fic is humor and its what you expect so when something like this slips in there I just have to say something like DAMN. Oh and I have to mention I love that even though Harry is a genius he still makes rash decisions and acts like a relatively believable 11 year old which is not something you see often in fanfics like these. AND ALSO I love how you've expanded on how magic works like you've really thought of the mechanics of this world and its so gosh darn cool. This review is not structured at all but I don't care. I honestly could go on for much longer so I think i'll stop now. I loved the Comed-Tea. I just want to applaud you for the brilliance of this whole fic and I can't wait to read more of it. This already is one of my favorites.
laenamoradadeROGUE chapter 11 . 9/7
OMG I laughed so hard. I simply had to read that with the ghostbuster intrumental version on the background. This was tooo funny. And soorry, I am not going to review every chapter but this was epic. Ghostbusters. Plus all the scenarios of how the Hat reacts, i especially liked it exploding, how will the rest of the first years be sorted? There's still Weasley, Zabini, Thomas, Smith, all those unsorted? Let them join House Elf!
laenamoradadeROGUE chapter 10 . 9/7
This had been the most awesome sorting version i have ever heard. Temporary self awareness? Beautiful. I have to say, so far, I am hooked, and i saw its over a hundred chapters. Give me a week to read, buahahahha (evil laugh).
Also, Ms. Perks? That sentence is absolutely spot on. And the Hat made a Joke? What happened to our dear "put me on and i will tell you where you ought to be?" Harry is devilishly sly and incredibly logical.

Thank you and I shall resume my reading. Much love!
Chicwowwow chapter 1 . 9/7
I think that where this function truly comes into its own as literature is that (unlike most fanfiction where they diverge from clichedom once or twice before being dragged back into the sea of mediocrity) you continue to surprise me again and again never once doing as expected. it's truly refreshing.
The Four Eyes chapter 122 . 9/6
i'm not entirely sure what to say about this except
wow
and
The Four Eyes chapter 120 . 9/6
i thought i wouldn't cry, and yet here i am... T_T
The Four Eyes chapter 108 . 9/6
just... whoa
Girl with guns chapter 5 . 9/5
Oh my god! That was hilarious!
randomsith chapter 2 . 9/3
i laughed at the include header file. Rereading the fic...i miss this so much.
33,614 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »