Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
puiwaihin chapter 122 . 4/12
Satisfying conclusion, though I'm a bit miffed that Harry hasn't made more effort to rescue Dumbledore from the mirror.
Ani Mei chapter 5 . 4/11
I absolutely love the scene between Harry and Draco. It is so incredibly funny and I can just imagine the horror that McGonagall and Malfoy had.
Alex chapter 5 . 4/11
Ok. I have to say I was pretty skeptical at first. Harry was a bit too pretentious for my taste. However this chapter has begun to change my mind. It was rather entertaining and I'm beginning to enjoy Pretentious Snob Harry. I will continue in the hopes that story also continues to get better.
puiwaihin chapter 95 . 4/11
Congratulations on finishing this epic.
NYCUtopia chapter 6 . 4/11
Fascinating premise and plot. Masterful execution. My finger had been itching since Chapter One, but I got distracted by Harry and I only just managed to hit the Favorite and Follow checkboxes. I'm so looking forward to the hundred plus next chapters; especially Harry's interactions with a few of the brightest minds and most explosive personalities at Hogwarts...
Early kudos from the land of Beauxbatons
Erasels chapter 17 . 4/11
I'm utterly confused, baffles, I simply don't have words for... this. I just can't even, this is keeping me odd.
Erasels chapter 14 . 4/11
Oh god, I hope you don't proceed with this time travel. I'm barely able to follow when what happens.
Great story, thanks for sharing it with us.
BarbedCaress chapter 10 . 4/10
Oh.. that was EVIL!
I enjoyed the story very much, many thanks. My favorite part is still Harry "tricking" Draco into sacrificing his false belief in blood purity; the antics of SPHEW were quite funny too.

I am still quite confused by the toe ring being transfigured Hermione (despite Dumbledore having checked the type of magic), and by voldemort letting Harry keep his wand after taking the Vow. But those have been discussed in many other comments so I will just have to keep an eye out for answers.

One thing I have grown suspicious of over the past few days: Voldemort casts a spell "hyakuju montauk" at Snape. Another comment (i thought in a review of 111, but I can't find it now) pointed out that hyakuju is Japanese for 100, and I recognized Montauk as the magic-storing rings in Ra (which I read after EY mentioned it in an author note). In Ra, the montauk rings are typically used as "batteries" to store magical energy, but a useful side effect is that they can rapidly drain or stop magic in progress (several that story have a magical experiment halted quickly with such a ring).

So "hakuju montauk" would seem to translate as "100 drain-magic", or glossing, "destroy 100 [%] of target's magic [permanently]". The bits in square brackets are my ungrounded speculation, but we never see Snape use magic again in the story, and his having lost it might contribute to his decision, if not to leave, then not to allow himself to be talked out of leaving.

Thanks again for a very enjoyable story.
BarbedCaress chapter 7 . 4/10
LOVELOVELOVE the letter exchange between Draco and his father!
Well Done!
Anon chapter 79 . 4/10
In case 1983 was meant to be when the 4th grail war was held, that actual death is 1993/1994, IIRC.
BarbedCaress chapter 6 . 4/10
Yeah... The Aftermath is brilliant!
Well Done!
BarbedCaress chapter 5 . 4/10
I laughed so hard at the Draco/Harry/Lucius/Kitty scene I couldn't walk! My sides are hurting. I have a headache!
That is one of the funniest things I have ever read. Seriously!
Magus1108 chapter 122 . 4/10
I have to say, this was a brilliant end to this fanfic.

Started reading this very late into the game, but overall, I've enjoyed this fanfic from beginning to end. It's the best HP Fanfic I've ever really read, I do believe. You did so much in just Year 1, and that's really amazing, in my opinion.

Bravo, good sir! Sad to see this fic over with, but all good things must come to an end, I suppose.
Schtroumpf grognon chapter 122 . 4/9
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.
And so it end.
Alors voilà, c'est fini.

What a beautiful adventure.
Quelle magnifique aventure, inoubliable.

Thanks you very much, for every bits of magic that you shared with us.
Merci infiniment, pour tous ces petits moments magique que vous nous avez fait partager.

And for that, sir, I wish you all the love and happiness of the world.
Et pour cela, monsieur, je vous souhaite tout l'amour et le bonheur du monde.

(OH MY FUCKING GOD, THIS FANFICTION WAS INCREDIBLE, PLEASE MARRY MEEEE)

Je vous souhaite une excellente soirée, m'sieur. Et merci encore.
29,831 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »