Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Reaper8439979 chapter 77 . 1/26
I feel like this story is just going downhill...
G Fawkes chapter 14 . 1/26
I think I read- not quite this far, last time... the first time I must have attemted it, and I didn'tmake it THIS far. At 52 now, my tolerance for the 'pranking' crap that happens in these fics is, well, non-existant.
Tell the story- get into some trouble, fly brooms, save innocents, kill beasties, whatever, but please, get on with it. And omakes are fun- AFTER the fic is over. Like an epilogue. Not in the first day of school. Here we are, mid afternoon of the first day of school, and WE haven't seen Harry in class yet, because he's been playing this GAME, with a GD time turner!
Blue Blossoms chapter 5 . 1/26
Poor, poor Lucius Malfoy and Professor McGonagall, to be subjected to clueless Harry Potter, and impersonating Draco Malfoy!
Reaper8439979 chapter 74 . 1/25
Ok but. That harmless punishment was not harmless... I don't want to sound stupid and needy, but the truth is if that ever happened to me, I would probably just kill myself... ANYONE with really bad social anxiety/depression probably would... I almost wish someone would so I can see Harry feel bad. Ugh.
Omar Qatanani chapter 122 . 1/25
Hey so I just finished chapter 122 and I'm having trouble finding the next button that's usually on the bottom of the page

*input David Chappelle's crack addict*
"You got any more of these hpmor?"
Autumnunredeemed chapter 3 . 1/24
I love this story so far! I wish you could publish it( I know those copyrights..) I just would really like a hardcopy. I love how Harry isn't some perfect boy who always does 'the right thing'. And this is just the beginning! I can already tell I will charish this story.. I really admire your writing style though! ALOT of stories I have read are okay ideas and horrible style. just too boring.. but nope, no sirie, not yours! Your writing style is addictive, hooking, amazing! so a great big virtual hi to you for writing this!yup, favorite user, favorite story, following story, follow user...)
Soumyabrata chapter 122 . 1/23
Beautifully Written.
Ultimate Student chapter 16 . 1/21
Is there sequels to this? Im somehow expecting there to be. And also, this Harry and Hermione (if they were 17) would have so much Belligerent Sexual Tension you could cut it with a Vorpal Sword. And the sex would be WILD.
MorganaOfAvalon chapter 122 . 1/20
Today a new era begins. I’m scared for what will happen to the world, so I came here to take refuge from all the insanity. This story gives me hope, because I know that there are people out there who are not only mentally sound but also willing to fight for what is right.

I just reread “Empathy”, where Harry solidifies his resolution to protect the earth and its inhabitants. I, however, feel shamefully more aligned with Quirrell’s desire to escape all this. I am mostly powerless against a force stronger than mine. Try as I might, for now what is winning is the sense of dread of losing everything. I wonder, what words would a post-HPMOR Tom Riddle say if he were witnessing all this? Would he have any insight for those who are regrettably ordinary?

Most probably he would not have an answer. Perhaps I should ask this to Harry or Hermione or Dumbledore, but they have already found their phoenixes, their resolve, and so I ask him.

I hope we’ll be okay, but I’m a cynic too. I really would have loved to visit the stars.
Harry needs to call in his favor from Voldemort in return for saving his life. Harry after all did save Tom Riddles life, not just once but twice. The first is by being a horcrux and the second is by assisting Voldemort in finding the Sorcerors Stone. Voldemort should agree and in exchange Harry will make Voldemort take an unbreakable vow as well. Voldemort will bow to always assess whether there was a nicer means to accomplish any given goal without killing or hurting anyone and if that possibility exists he must take it before going down the road of violence.
Voldemort will take the vow and then let Harry go as a result.
AdmiralEpic13 chapter 24 . 1/19
That was a very SUBTLE Death Note reference. Almost as subtle as an elephant charging through a school carrying enough water to put out a house fire in buckets. Almost.
Flo chapter 122 . 1/19
I have no words but gratitude for this story.
Being a Scrub chapter 5 . 1/18
Oh my God. I'm reading this at home at 11:22 and trying so hard not to die laughing. Holy Shit.
Sazgar
ebfiddler chapter 86 . 1/18
So, there's a part of me wondering - the molecular biologist part of me, who worked in a lab that did this kind of work in 1992 - why Harry would not propose the rather obvious method of genetic testing to determine if Quirell and David Monroe are one and the same, or related. While the Human Genome Project had not been completed in 1992 ( and was rather being talked of than being done at that time ) and genetic testing was not in the widespread mainstream use it is today in solving cases where identity is of issue, the technology that made it possible was certainly around and in widespread use in biology labs. Even if genetic samples from David Monroe were not available, the genealogical record-keeping engaged in by the Magical Noble Houses to establish and maintain their claim of Nobility would surely give us a cousin or two to measure against. Even if genetic testing were not mentioned, blood and tissue typing existed and also would have been efficacious in disproving the identity. At least Harry ought to mention the possibility, even if it is only for Moody to shoot it down by saying that every last branch of that family tree has been wiped out, and no samples of any kind were preserved. Meanwhile, I wish to say thank you very, very, much for writing and posting this story. Rational Harry Potter makes extremely enjoyable and thought-provoking reading. I haven't had this much fun reading a work of fanfiction in years.
32,899 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »