Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
shaina.lipsy chapter 122 . 4/1
Wow. I've never been the biggest Harry Potter fan (though a fan I was), in part because of the numerous plot holes and unexplained character flaws that I just couldn't ignore. About two weeks ago I heard about this story, and in the past week I've read the entire thing. (In fact, I'm considering just restarting from the beginning and giving myself another week of this hellish pleasure.) It addresses almost every issue I had with the Harry Potter universe, and a couple that I hadn't thought of. There is nothing quite so exciting as reading a book that makes you think, and that makes you want to keep thinking long after you've turned the final page. This one has done both. And while the final thirty chapters or so were read all at once-I couldn't just stop for the night after Hermione's gruesome death, I had to be sure she would come back in some way-I enjoyed every minute of it. (Except, perhaps, Hermione getting eaten. That was a little too gory for my cinematic book-reading experience.) This story was everything I wish I had gotten out of all those terrible psychology courses I took as an undergrad, and better, because it satisfied the part of me that can never stop asking "but what if?"

I'm sure, after writing this story, that you already have a core group of editors, beta readers, and helpful sidekicks. However, if not, or if you would like another, this editor and writing instructor would like to volunteer herself. Working with you would be enlightening in a way that would surely make me bang my head against a wall repeatedly. It sounds absolutely lovely.
BajaB chapter 122 . 4/1
Congratulations on completing this story - quite a noteworthy feat.
Rachel chapter 77 . 4/1
Oh wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. It's all I can think of to say...
Riley chapter 5 . 4/1
You are unbelievably talented! This is the first time I've paused to comment because I've been so caught up in your story. I'm currently trying to subdue my laughing so that my roommate doesn't think I've gone crazy!
GingerHannah chapter 122 . 4/1
I actually stopped halfway through this chapter for a couple of days, because I so feared reaching the end of this story! This has been the best fanfiction I have ever read by far. I found the story exciting, intellectually stimulating, humorous and intriguing. I want to thank you for all the time and thought you put in to this. I would also like to thank you for sharing it.

If you ever write a novel with your own original characters let me know. I would love to read it.

Hannah.
Hobbyfarmer chapter 8 . 4/1
I am sorry I can not get into this story for several reasons. Harry is very unlikable and disrespectful. The chapters cover so little time it appears choppy and even though it is witty it is extremely boring. I can see why it is popular it is just not for me.
w chapter 122 . 4/1
Thank you for finishing. It's been a good read and you wrote certain characters (Quirrell, Draco) really really well. For the things-that-could-be-better - the story is, sadly, not about Harry Potter and Methods of Rationaliy but about Harry Potter and How To Win as a Boy Genius. Chekhov guns should be fired, and in quite a few cases weren't - Harry's shopping via Wesley brothers, Quirrell being able to show on Ravenclaw stairs available only for girls, Heir of Gryffindor, Peverell brothers, parents. And certain characters lacked closure - Neville, Daphne and Lesath in particular. Nonetheless, it's been fun, thank you.
Ruise chapter 13 . 3/31
Oh my...not a fan of the mind games this chapter. Still well written but not a fan of the mind games. I don't know if I like where this is going. Got to read the next chapter.
annnnd im hocked fucking awesome work! D
Cant wait to read the rest of it D

My Swagg Level Its over 9000 chapter 107 . 3/31
Human Transfiguration. So basically FMA.
LadyEnigma chapter 122 . 3/31
Wow, what a great read! It was fun, clever, emotional, mysterious - everything a good book should be. Thank you so much for your hard work!
Emilove359 chapter 5 . 3/31
OMIGOD that was the best interaction between Harry and Draco I've ever read, I don't think I've ever laughed that hard! This smart!Harry is GOLD!
riptocs chapter 122 . 3/31
Absolutely loved your story, spent a few days reading it when you were around chapter 65 and left it alone for a while and all of a sudden completed! Thank you so much for the experience and I hope you win at the con!
EXPECTO PATRONUM
fadewind chapter 10 . 3/31
those poor souls - I sure hope he does not turn evil. He can keep the mad scientist muhahaha, but everything else I hope is good.
Arafell chapter 20 . 3/31
Minor spoilers.

"I don't want to be a Dark Lord," says Harry.

"Why not?" asks Quirrel.

. . . It's amazing the things you pick up rereading.
29,825 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 .. Last Next »