Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Beyond Hope chapter 13 . 9/17
In the middle of the chapter I got an idea, that this is a result of some creepypasta game he played and forgot about it/made him forget it
The One Who Reads Too Much chapter 13 . 7/30
I decided to reread this, and only now do I notice that Conspicous Detail of the green and red wrapping paper, i.e. Christmas gift paper, such as what Harry would have recieved his Invisibilty Cloak in, in the canon story, hinting that Harry could be moving around invisibly.
Kimmytrainer chapter 13 . 7/23
That was so confusing. I'm not sure I can handle reading this whole story, even if it is fascinating. I'll try, though. I'm not much of a fan of that interaction between Harry and Neville. Honestly I guess I just don't know where this story is going. It has a lot of great humor, though, and an insane amount of favorites, so I'm gonna try to stick with it.
animemangaobsessed chapter 13 . 7/12
i am so confused...
Calypto chapter 13 . 5/26
i just skipped the chapter after the game intro.
Jhuffy chapter 13 . 5/19
I am definitely confused, but this was amusing as well, and I'm looking forward to the next chapter!
What
The
Fuck
ack1308 chapter 13 . 4/6
"You just lost The Game."

I actually have a photo of someone holding a sign saying that.
WildRosa13474 chapter 13 . 3/15
"A hint, a hint I say!" Brilliant.
SnuggleKitten69 chapter 13 . 3/11
o.O still confused, but I am taking narcotics for pain. What is their excuse?
myafroatemydog chapter 13 . 3/7
I'm confused haha
Kardia chapter 13 . 3/4
All right, it has been ages since I read your story the first time and I can't remember if I ever send a review, but I found it again when I scrolled through my favourite stories. I actually was just looking for a little bit of light reading around midnight to help me go to sleep, but it's 05:39 now and I couldn't stop reading. It's funny, it's mysterious and absolutely addicting.
ivyriry chapter 13 . 1/1
No se si entendí bien el juego, pero probablemente Harry esta bromeando consigo mismo usando un 'time turner'. Aparentemente si fue a clase de herbología y es algo que el haría para pasar el rato.
Guest chapter 13 . 12/19/2016
No idea why so many people hate this chapter, it's my favorite yet. Very cerebral, though I'm fairly certain HP is the game master. The confrontation with Neville was good too, at displaying Potter is not as infallible as he often seems to think he is. Hope these trends persist.
skullcrusher1 chapter 13 . 12/1/2016
quietus spell... such a creative name
Guest chapter 13 . 11/13/2016
The whole "game" thing is contrite. Just cause he's supposed to be smart doesnt mean that he has to be a GM nerd. Seriously, maybe in this case YOU need to roll a San check. Plus, you've stated that he's smart but you haven't shown any empirical data proving your statement. Just that he's a bit of a looser with too much time on his hands.
ruinedsandwich chapter 13 . 10/3/2016
This whole story is like one big psychological contraption thats messing with my current sheep like mentality I also feel like i might gain some sort of greater fact of humanity and im not so sure what to feel about that. Or maybe its 2 am and I have no idea what im trying to say and im just really confused but still trying to sound deep and all knowing. You really hooked me to this story at the worst time. im trying so hard to let go and just sleep. i cant. im literally dying. i have no idea what im typing. or do I? seriously this story is making me question myself andnowimrambling i both love you and hate you for writing this. maybe its just love but i cant tell right now. i shall review again in a couple hours
Rambling Drabble chapter 13 . 9/21/2016
1. Oooh, didn't notice the green and red wrapping paper in the trash bin the first time around.
2. I really wish I could have been reading this when it was first coming out.
blood-doll-aishiteru chapter 13 . 9/15/2016
Well, I don't know either.
Lupinefire chapter 13 . 8/28/2016
I honestly have no idea what to make of this chapter.
Guest chapter 13 . 7/4/2016
This was shit.
Happy chapter 13 . 5/23/2016
So much fun - I delight in your brilliance, humor, and creativity
TheLittleRoguex chapter 13 . 5/14/2016
Cool
gi-freakazoid chapter 13 . 5/2/2016
Okay, I'm totally confused about what's happening.
Guest chapter 13 . 4/30/2016
Unfortunately i found this chapter dreadfully boring, insanity isnt fun. maybe it is for the person though... i really dont know but i dont find the idea of it fun.
CaptainToast321 chapter 13 . 3/23/2016
What the fuck was that?
ScrewballBRaine chapter 13 . 2/19/2016
Im fairly sure EVERYONE reading this just lost the game xD.
Making comments about how great this is seems daft since it's done, but it is very good :)
Nixus-Hiver chapter 13 . 1/21/2016
It doesn't make any sense. This story seemed promising. You broke my brain
Wtah
NO, YOU DONT UNDERSTAND! ITS LIKE KNOWING YOUR WHOLE LIFE THAT THE SKY IS BLUE THEN SOMEONE TELLS YOU IT NOT. I dont know wether to cry or laugh.
Im suffering a meNTAL Yvibojhniuhvyvfyug ghgvfhgbnHgvvhbhknnkGjillknbk jnVkk
M gv uuyvt v ut fugv k.j eadyboixtezsycfhvuyt
.mjgtexrs njhigyyf ututf cit cuticules gcuy hfcuyyhbytnyjtyjn j h beswoù..k',,ihihbcf dwesse
Montara chapter 13 . 1/21/2016
Weird game...I wonder what happened, why was he obliviated?
iseretha chapter 13 . 1/19/2016
ah hm... i'm not sure if i like where this is going.. :/ suddenly this looks more and more like a story from Terry pratchett and not like the cool science ff it was in the beginning..
LiteratureGirl12 chapter 13 . 12/26/2015
The hell was that?
XxTealJadexX chapter 13 . 12/20/2015
...wtf
WatchingTheWatchman chapter 13 . 12/6/2015
The only word I can think of for this chapter is surreal. Harry has a talent for creating those kind of situations, honestly.

He also really needs to learn to control himself and think about the ramifications of his actions. I think Neville was right when he said that right now, Harry's not a very cool person. Great characterization of both Harry and Neville
Xidaer chapter 13 . 12/4/2015
The Anguished One chapter 13 . 11/28/2015
What a strange first day. This game is as puzzling to me as it is to Harry. I honestly do not know what to even guess here. Harry apparently performed a pie-summoning spell by snapping his fingers, the Game Master is either incredibly good at knowing what Harry will do and think or can constantly observe him... I got nothing here. Of course, you said the explanation will be in the next chapter...
OllyOllyOxycodone chapter 13 . 11/1/2015
I will never understand how this gets the praise that it does.
shit chapter 13 . 10/18/2015
That was shit.
ShadowLDrago chapter 13 . 10/14/2015
This, was wierd.
httpkirby chapter 13 . 10/12/2015
its too late for this shiz
Good chapter 13 . 9/30/2015
2good2handle.
cantstopreadingfanfictions chapter 13 . 9/13/2015
so I am gonna guess that due to Harry's unusual sleeping pattern, McG gave him a time turner due to which he was able to attend herbology (since Sprout seems to know him) and played this game with himself...one way to find a note at every place he looked would be because he had already been there...
P. P. P chapter 13 . 9/12/2015
This was certainly odd. And I'm not good at solving mysteries though I do enjoy reading ones made for young audiences.
Zyxis chapter 13 . 8/11/2015
I'm bumfuzzled and excited at the same time. You keep me on my toes, you cheeky genius.
8734287934379342879erw87952587 chapter 13 . 7/12/2015
Wow. Just. I have so many theories. Just. Okay bye.

- Manny (You can find me on tumblr at asexualtomriddle.)
Angelfirenze chapter 13 . 7/3/2015
Okay, that was an aggravating chapter, but if it was supposed to be then, bravo!

I really liked that Harry swallowed his (considerable, here) pride and apologized to Neville. It was the right thing to do and after all that petulant nonsense with the Sorting Hat, that was a relief, too.

Bravo, as usual.
Anonymous chapter 13 . 5/20/2015
That awkward moment when you're rereading for the fourth time and you catch the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy reference. I applaud you, Mr. Yuskowsky.
PA chapter 13 . 5/16/2015
Ouch ... what Neville said. That hurts x.x
crotia chapter 13 . 5/12/2015
What? Were you high when you wrote this or something?
Madara Rape Face chapter 13 . 5/4/2015
This fanfic confuses me so fucking much. I can't really read more then 2-4 Chapters until my head explodes. This is like: good bullshit. 5 out of ten points, because i don't understand half of it and to me it's not really funny. Sorry but i have to stop reading. ;
Ruise chapter 13 . 3/31/2015
Oh my...not a fan of the mind games this chapter. Still well written but not a fan of the mind games. I don't know if I like where this is going. Got to read the next chapter.
Concolor44 chapter 13 . 3/26/2015
I must admit to being AT LEAST as baffled as Harry is. But then I was never good at mysteries.
morcheller chapter 13 . 3/23/2015
I tried! I've been waiting for five years for this story to be completed only to find it to be a mish-mash of ravings with no semblance of a plot This is nonsense and I'm moving on to a story with an actual plot.
I know that fanfiction writers are not professionals and I do my utmost to never give harsh criticism but, sometimes there just seems to be no alternative.
Village-Mystic chapter 13 . 3/21/2015
Did she prank him? It's too early to be using a time turner.
Goose chapter 13 . 3/18/2015
I have to say, Neville is a straight up bitch in this chapter. There's weak, and then there's the Neville in this chapter.
hisnhers chapter 13 . 3/15/2015
I have no idea what to think about this game he's playing other than... my brain hurts now thank you very much.

Um, it seems to me that Neville was rather rude to Harry when Harry's intention was to protect Neville and that's odd in and of itself as Neville never stands up to anyone, therefore, Harry accomplished a great deed without even realizing it and, therefore, should recieve LOOOOOOTS of points. Maybe that will help offset the trillion point loss. ;D

I was just wondering, do you walk around giggling when you come up with these bizarre plot lines and hilarious moments to add to this fic? Do strangers glance at you oddly because of it?

-his
4everfictional chapter 13 . 3/13/2015
Harry is the Game Controller.
mab70 chapter 13 . 3/12/2015
I have never been so completely lost well reading.
nekomode chapter 13 . 3/11/2015
Game Controller Harry. The mastermind is Harry himself. The most obvious riddle ever. Answers and riddles. Why didn't I re-read this back then when the final exam was still on-going, again? Oh yeah, mid-terms.
Lendary chapter 13 . 3/3/2015
Oh. I just now realised why Harry hates Yoda. He reminds Tom Riddle of Dumbledore doesn't he?
Blue Blossoms chapter 13 . 1/25/2015
This was a confusing chapter.
philharmony chapter 13 . 12/29/2014
So I got this account purely to personalize my review to your story! I know I wasn't with you for every chapter like a lot of these people, and I'm guessing you won't read this, let's face it: 25,000 reviews! Just like to let you know that you deserve every one of them! In having the best time reading your story! Thank you.
TheButterflyComposer chapter 13 . 12/24/2014
Time turner with co-operation with a future Harry and some other people to try to get current Harry into the right places at the right times.

I guess.
Guest chapter 13 . 12/17/2014
ive waited this long to write a review for the simple reason that it cannot be but an embarrassingly inadequate piece of writing. this literally has had me up all night and blew my mind over and over into 1000's of little bits of guk all over the room. If harry potter and a fault in our stars collided it wouldnt begin to express the eloquence and mind numbing acrobatics that you have me going through as i read.
thank you and please write a bible and start a religion asap.

your fan and servant in the light, dark or gray!
Hillel
ps ive always hated fan fiction till this moment!
IV Legacy of Poseidon chapter 13 . 12/7/2014
ooh boy
camilaus chapter 13 . 11/30/2014
I am soooooooo confused
Ryna chapter 13 . 11/18/2014
You have no idea how happy this hitchhiker's guide reference made me.
"OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?"

This story, this writing, this universe, is legendary.
N. E. Person chapter 13 . 11/9/2014
Poor Neville... -3,000,000 points :)
Kurt's Anatomy chapter 13 . 10/19/2014
This might just be my favourite concept ever.
Sue Clover chapter 13 . 9/3/2014
What in hell just happened?
I sort of got the part in the middle, where he did something stupid and almost brave, and Neville said he wasn't cool yet, but the rest of it? What is the Game?
alix33 chapter 13 . 8/27/2014
I am glad Harry did at least try to apologize to Neville, even though the attempt failed miserably.
eriz chapter 13 . 8/26/2014
I haven't read this fiction in a few years. Its one of my favs.
I have never read "The Game" in a fanfiction until you started writing this one back in the day.
Anastasoula chapter 13 . 8/19/2014
My first thought is that that whole game thing was from Harry himself, time traveled using the... Time turner thingy that he's about to be given by Prof McG for his sleeping schedule. Of course, that would create a paradox, so... Whatever, next chapter.
2needles chapter 13 . 8/13/2014
What on earth was that?
Off to read more.
Talkingbirdguy chapter 13 . 8/11/2014
I'm so confused and I'm finding that I don't mind being confused because this is just plain funny.
thepkrmgc chapter 13 . 7/30/2014
it seems like the only person who can outsmart/outtroll harry is harry himself, i wonder what the weird time travel antics are about
Foxy-Floof chapter 13 . 7/3/2014
The whole note thing: bizarre beyond my limited ability to express.
InArduisFidelis-RAMC chapter 13 . 6/15/2014
Whaaaaaaaat
Tallman7 chapter 13 . 6/13/2014
I think I just took acid. While reading James Joyce. And watching M.C. Escher.
Uraharaisgod chapter 13 . 6/7/2014
...*brain crashes*...
00 Non C. Anon 00 chapter 13 . 6/4/2014
... What the heck just happened?
O chapter 13 . 5/8/2014
1st review (and Intend not to contaminate this experience by reading reviews until I am finished reading)

How Harry is playing with himself (haha) is knowledge you wouldn't have without having read or watched The Prisoner of Azkaban. Though perhaps if you had watched Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure you'd still guess at the concept without knowing of the specific plot device used. Frankly it is rather malicious to even state there it a canon puzzle to solve at all, at this point.

As for the eluded life lessons of asking paintings for directions, it's pretty obvious you should use "borrowed genius" technique when you're "lost" in the metaphorical stairwell maze. Perhaps it would be fun to pretend yourself as a terrifying alien intelligence of the tentacled variety, and veto all conscious courses of action until you come to something you are sure is a terrible idea (a fear enducing and alien [to yourself, as you think you know yourself] course of action). Remember, there in no way you can no the outcome in advance, so try it, you might like it. If you do this and have correctly predicted the horrible and undesirable outcome, however, try doing it again because you didn't do it right the first time. The goal is to get a positive outcome when you were sure it would be horrible, so you can adjust your perceptions on reality accordingly for next time.
IMPR0VE chapter 13 . 4/23/2014
... wtf did I just read?
Doombug chapter 13 . 4/6/2014
all I'm going to say is WTF and if this game was real he need to check himself into a clinic for the insane
Xfing chapter 13 . 3/31/2014
This fanfic is amazing! Ruthlessly intellectual, surprising and gripping. I liked the opposition to Rowling's do-gooder emotional, lovey-dovey writing style. This stuff beats out the original books in that regard - the celebration of intellect, rationality and logic rather than hotheadedness and irrational emotions. Much loved!
Capito Celcior chapter 13 . 3/3/2014
I'll be honest. This story up until this chapter was awesome (I didn't care for the omake one, but since it was an omake, I could ignore it) but this chapter was awful. Still, considering eleven chapters of good, one neutral and only one really bad, I'll keep going.
Harlequin de Rustre chapter 13 . 2/23/2014
The majority of this rather whimsical display is offset by the rather interesting character writing interjected near the end.

Thank you for not writing Neville as an imbecile.
Sparkysbro chapter 13 . 2/10/2014
This was brilliant.
OH MY GOD chapter 13 . 2/7/2014
YOU BEAUTIFUL SAINTLY HUMAN BEING I TAKE BACK EVERYTHING NEGATIVE I HAVE EVER EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT THIS FIC I AM LAUGHING SO HARD IM GOING TO CRY
IXAthenaeum chapter 13 . 2/7/2014
This was a strange chapter, but Harry gets bashed a bit, woo! Glad he realized the consequences his actions could cause :D
Vampires2rocks chapter 13 . 2/6/2014
...I've never been good with riddles.

Vamp
Fan chapter 13 . 2/2/2014
What. The. F.
nouch chapter 13 . 1/28/2014
your story really turn insane ... I don't follow it any more
but it was fun the first ten chapter :)
thanks a lot for this story and good luck in your writting.
LightningX678 chapter 13 . 1/17/2014
So he himself made the riddles?
Grizzmon chapter 13 . 1/13/2014
It was a very fun game.
GF chapter 13 . 1/1/2014
This whole 'game' thing got really odd. Story was amazing before that, but I don't know how long I can stick around for this type of thing. Hopefully 'Minnie' will straighten things out.
CMVreud chapter 13 . 12/28/2013
Magic is a wonderous thing.
If it could be explained with/by science it wouldn't be magic anymore.
doubledamn chapter 13 . 12/28/2013
At best I can say that this is...interesting?
Dawn Darkling chapter 13 . 12/12/2013
Well... That was interesting. I cant begin to understand what just supposedly happened.
TheDeductionist chapter 13 . 11/21/2013
WHAT just happened? I don't think I've ever been this confused in all my life...
XxTigerlilyxX chapter 13 . 11/8/2013
The reason why I'm not logged in is because I'm reading this on my phone, but this is still me.

Anyway, at first this chapter was extremely confusing, and I couldn't get what was going on. But eventually it becane clearer until I formed a hypothesis on it. My theories are:
1. It mentioned in the last chapter 's sorting would affect him, and to Ravenclaw would only intebsify his coldness. My theory is Harry was thinking about it and came up with a game to test himself where he didn't know anything (and would most likely get confused) and had to be truly nice to everyone. To teach himself the life long being kind/good under pressure, so he discussed it with Professor Dumbledore, Professor Mcgonagal and perswaded the ministry of magic to allow the game to commence with his rationing and then got someone to oblivate himself before he went to bed. In this theory, Harry himself is the .
2. My second theory is that this is all a fevered dream that Harry's subconsciousness makes up to teach him a lesson.
3. I only just realized it this chapter, though the evidence has been here ever since chapter 1: That the whole series of events in this story takes place in the same timeline/universe as the original. I got this conclusion because there are mentions of the Harry in this story saying he knows what it's like to be abused and ge has this underlying feeling of snger which he can't quite describe. So maybe this takes place before or after the original timeline of events in J.K Rowling's version where Harry has been given the chance by authorities to experience another set of childhood/life. So they somehow cast him into an alternate universe where everything is mostly the same but some things like Aunt Petunia's life and his Hogwarts House are slightly warped, and this Harry has to achieve some sort of objective or goal bedore he is allowed back into his original universe.

I have a feeling none of them are correct, and I'm okay with that. I'm not sure if you still read or respond to reviews but if you could vertify those theoried without giving too much away through a PM or something I'd greatly appreciate it. :)
willam and jack and jake chapter 13 . 10/24/2013
cool
Guest chapter 13 . 10/14/2013
It's Harry ("written in his own handwriting"), he's using a time turner, which Mcgonagall is about to give him, it's also why sprout didn't lecture him on not showing up to class.
Iryerris chapter 13 . 10/6/2013
Oh damnit I lost The Game myself. Thanks.

I really must look into this game, however...
Angelholme chapter 13 . 9/30/2013
Okay - I've stuck with this as long as I can, but the whole story just seems to be an excuse for the author to show off how clever he is, and to see how many incomprehensible things as he can in as few chapters as possible.

I am sure that it is probably quite a good story, from a certain point of view, but honestly - life is too short to spend trying to come around to that particular point of view, so I am giving up.
Rhaidot chapter 13 . 9/25/2013
Um, I have a little question. About "RAVENCLAW HOUSE POINTS BONUS: 70". It should be 7, right? Or did I miss something? :O
Guest chapter 13 . 9/10/2013
I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING JFC THIS STORY IS THE BEST
Harriverse chapter 13 . 8/16/2013
This chapter totally confused me. But it's only chapter 13!
cross-over-lover232 chapter 13 . 8/15/2013
::blink:: err... this IS an confusing chapter
Kyle chapter 13 . 8/8/2013
This just bothered me. Is it Harry or the author that is misinformed about Yoda's err the Jedi's teachings regarding negative emotions. Or is it meant to be a subtle jibe at a rival universe of similar genre. If it is the author, than I would summarize briefly by stating that the Jedi teachings are more along the lines of "Don't ever ACT on negative emotions; you can have them but never let them guide your actions." The other cases I personally see as valid parts of a plotline.
I love the fanfic so far, and this is coming from someone who hates the HP universe and indeed cheered when HP himself die sin book 7.
Great premise for a fic.
Pavel.Fr chapter 13 . 8/1/2013
Poor Neville! And an even poorer Harry! He is beating himself up! I hope Neville realizes that Harry is right though, I mean he gave him some great advice!
Netchka chapter 13 . 7/31/2013
Is someone playing a trick on Harry with all the notes?
Kasamira chapter 13 . 7/24/2013
Are you a published author? Because this is amazing!
JJ chapter 13 . 7/20/2013
Time Turner?
Cemalidor chapter 13 . 7/2/2013
Several thoughts there, aside the old say 'I lost the game, because i thought of it" :) Said game representing live might be on to something, i also speculate that Harry himslef set up those rules. Guess the next chapter might clear up some things. ... having a second thought prolly will not. :XDD
Anon chapter 13 . 7/2/2013
I am so very confused. In an oddly enjoyable way
her-quiddities chapter 13 . 7/1/2013
Okay, totally lost.
Alissie chapter 13 . 6/30/2013
Alright.
Mkay.
If I could find you right now, I think I'd propose.
I've gotta have a ring around here somewhere.

Not only is this SO BIZARRE, but it is stylistically PERFECT and matches the rest of what I've read so far! It is clearly a riddle/puzzle thing that I'll understand soon, but right now...hmm. No, I'm stumped.

Harry mentioned that he had a plan to see if he had ever been Obliviated, so maybe this is it? Or was that the potato reference? That's pretty much my only guess right about now.
UNLESS
someone stuck him inside his bag, and he's trying to get out...but doesn't realize it...?
Yeah, that's my best thinking-outside-the-box bet. xD Moving on!
Current time: 5:27 am
sww11685 chapter 13 . 4/16/2013
Interesting chapter
Hannah chapter 13 . 4/3/2013
This was confusing... I guess it was some sort of experiment Harry was doing with the help of Professor McGonagall, perhaps. Obviously he had himself Obliviated, or he wouldn't have the message. But I have no idea what it all means!
I'MNOTCRAZY1 chapter 13 . 3/19/2013
Don't portraits retain memories of those they talk to in canon? I recall a large number of instances where portraits definitely accumulated knowledge of those they interacted with. I would suspect, though that magical portraits are a copy, imperfect or not, of the person at the time that the portrait was made. Perhaps that necessitates either a spell be cast on the subject of the painting while in the painting's presence, or that the subject be the one to magically paint the portrait into their own copy.
sky36488 chapter 13 . 3/12/2013
Sorry! My bad bad English... :(((

Baba Yaga was Professor of DADA.

It's cool. Very cool.
yoloswagmaster chapter 13 . 2/28/2013
Harry's life is certainly. . . interesting ;D
hervissa chapter 13 . 2/27/2013
Yes, Professor Sprout is coooool. She is a Hufflepuff, after all :)
And Neville's reaction quite surprised me...but well, I understand why did he say it :D
I have absolutely no clue about the Game. At all.
So I'll just go and read the next chapter XD
Oh, and the legend of Harry Potter is going to be freaking awesome by the end of his first year, I guess... ;)

hervissa :)
Skaz Wolfman chapter 13 . 2/12/2013
Your funniest so far. Especially the pies.
Also, Sprout is badass.
Maran Zelde chapter 13 . 2/7/2013
I'm glad Harry P-E-V realized that it was wrong of him to prank Neville – or at least that the way he pranked Neville was wrong.

The problem now is that Neville's characterization is off. I mean, nearly all of the characters in this story are off, but until this chapter, Neville had been one of the closest to canon.

Here's the thing: Neville may be a wimp, at least until the end of OotP, but he's not a whiner. No, I'm serious. Even when it was obvious to the readers that he was distressed, not once did he whine, "Why does everyone do that to me?” He usually bore his abuses with a sort of quiet dignity that cemented him as one of my favorite characters from book one.

In this chapter, though, he rejects Harry's clumsy-but-sincere apology, and accuses him of possibly bruising him (What the what? Even I didn't care about bruising when I was 11. It's part of life when you're a kid who spends a lot of time playing outside...Hm...Maybe I answered my own question).

In an earlier review, I wrote that Harry needed humbling, but Neville's OOC outburst wasn't the way to go about it.

Even in the context of this fanfic, I think – I hope – that hindsight will reveal to Neville that although Harry hurt him worse than anything the Slytherins did in that instance, in the long run, the Slytherins won't bother Neville again for a long time. Harry taught them a lesson that it doesn't pay to bully. It's too bad Methods-of-Rationality-Neville hasn't learned anything yet.

Honestly, as much as I like parts of this fanfic, I'm not really into it as a whole. I keep losing interest and then coming back to it, partly due to its somewhat episodic nature, and partly because the characterization is off in more bad ways than good, and I'm not sure I trust you to develop the characters in a satisfying way. Meh, I'll read at least one more chapter, if only to find out what the deal with the game is. I'm guessing that a future Harry is pranking himself, because I can't think of anyone else both clever and insane enough to do something like that.
Enei Emmu chapter 13 . 2/2/2013
What the Boggart is going on!?
petalene chapter 13 . 1/25/2013
This chapter is so odd, I read it twice and I still don't get it. Apparently, I lost the game. But this story is amazing and I look forward to seeing how this fits in.
Writing bunny chapter 13 . 1/6/2013
I guess there is a time-turner involved and Harry himself is the game master.
And Harry failed the game because he was thinking about winning the game instead of helping people.
BiblioMatsuri chapter 13 . 1/3/2013
...Who else talks like that? Harry is the Game Controller!
Susan M. M chapter 13 . 12/19/2012
"I think you're going to be really cool someday," Neville said. "But right now, you're not." Definitely one of the most insightful things Neville has ever said, and possibly one of the bravest, given to whom he said it.
WildCard-Yes Man chapter 13 . 12/18/2012
First thing to get out of the way... I LOST THE GAME! Ok, this chapter is... Eiher scary brilliant or compleatly insane...
StrangeoneXD chapter 13 . 12/16/2012
Really curious of the game
Dan Riddle chapter 13 . 12/14/2012
Harry should have shouted: "Hey, Game Controller: FUCK YOU!"
Byakugan789 chapter 13 . 12/1/2012
Again with the deeply unnessisary surealism. and this time it wasn't even redeeminhly funny. Not sticking with cannon? cool. more power to you, too many authors unrealisticaly dog cannon. Making up bullshit and filling it with terminology from my college psych class to make it look like you're inteligent? Not so much.
Tinithor chapter 13 . 11/16/2012
Why is Neville an even bigger loser in this story than in canon? Probably cause he got put into Hufflepuff. I don't like him.
W.Kathy chapter 13 . 10/31/2012
Sorry I just have to comment on this...Neville Longbottom is such a pansy little sstwat! He choose not to accept Harry's public apology and whine about Harry yanking his arm too hard and introducing himself as BWL...WTF? I think his anger is directed towards the wrong place, firstly, the prank that the Weasley twins and Harry did at the train's platform did not cause him any harm, so what if it scared him a little? If I go "BOO" on someone, should I be crucified for it?

I think Neville's letting his inferiority complex prey on him and venting his frustrating on Harry, who at least tried to apologise to him. Did the twins apologise to Neville? If they did, will they be treated the same way? I don't think so. I don't think Neville have the nerve to say what he did to the twins if they were the one to save him from the Slytherins instead of Harry. If Neville have an issue with how Harry saved him - first, the yanking too hard on his arm part - ok I think Harry should have controlled his strength but give him a break, he woke up confused and had no idea what's going on. Of course Neville doesn't know that, I understand.

The part about how Harry saved Neville by introducing himself as BWL...what did Neville expect Harry to do when they have not attended any classes yet? Start shooting some fantastic spell to stop the bullies?

Thing is, if Neville, a generally-all round nice guy (canon version, at least), treats his savior, Harry the way he does in this chapter, I think Harry is right to go into Ravenclaw. So be it if he needs to be a Dark Lord. What's the difference between a Dark Lord and the supposedly Leader of Light, Dumbledore? Both causes people around them to be hurt or die, only Dumbledore calls it "For the Greater Good" and giving known DEs a second chance. A second chance to do what? Go around killing more innocent?

It's time for the wizarding world to go through a evolution, and I reckon Harry will be the one to start the ball rolling. Ranting aside, and I beg your pardon for it, I enjoy your story very much. You have a great style of writing that intrigues and draws out all kinds of emotions from your readers.
Zephyr chapter 13 . 9/25/2012
I'm Sorry But The beauty of this story is that it can have some of the most random and convoluted plotlines but they can have a very satisfying ending that makes perfect sense.

Try reading chapter 14 and then say it makes no sense.
I'm sorry but chapter 13 . 9/24/2012
I'm sorry, but this story has gotten absoultely crap. Until 3 chapters ago i was considering it the best fan fiction i had ever read, but the plot has gotten so mixed up in utter nonsense. It was a great story before you added all the random elements that made no sense. A game? Really? Maybe you should cross this over with the matrix. I'm sorry to sound like a flame, but i'm just really annoyed how this turned out :/ it was amazing, now it's unreadable crap.
Guest chapter 13 . 8/13/2012
My guesses on chapter 13:

That Harry is the one controlling the Game is so obvious, it ought to be a trick, but I really can't think of ANYONE else who would come up with this. Harry would learn the Obliviation spell and erase days or months of his own memory for fun (or as an experiment, which is the same thing).
I had a theory earlier that this AU was somehow connected to the canon universe, like the Star Trek reboot, and Harry's weird mood swings are bleeding over from canon!Harry. But no one in THAT universe would come up with the game either.
Harry doesn't seem to believe he's the game controller even after the portrait heavily implies it, which is strange - but then, it also didn't occur to him that 0 points is meaningless, so maybe he really is making bad assumptions.

The early notes could have been based on Harry's predictable behavior, but the run-in with Slytherins would be very hard to foresee, and the pies require an accomplice. So does the Obliviate spell since Harry's wand hasn't been used.
Possibly there's time travel involved and older!Harry has perfect prediction because he remembers it all. More likely, the accomplices are the Weasley twins. And maybe a House Elf to supply the pies.
The unused wand also means that this really is day 1 or day 2 of classes. The Harry who planned the game does not have much new information beyond where we left him in the previous chapter. So it's not a lesson. My guess is that Harry wanted to test something about his own responses, most likely about whether he'd choose the Evil or Good option under pressure.
voodooqueen126 chapter 13 . 8/1/2012
This is an interesting game.
AnimationNut chapter 13 . 7/26/2012
I bet McGonagall will be overjoyed to see Harry...
Clueless chapter 13 . 7/20/2012
My best guess about the game is that later Harry gets hold of a time turner and sets the whole thing up and the reason Sprout doesn't lecture him and seems oddly protective of him is because he was actually in her class earlier... Later. As for the whole reason of the game I am unsure, but also have the feeling Harry enjoyed messing with himself far too much.
Satirica chapter 13 . 7/16/2012
I guessed that the game was life, too...that was all I could really think of. It could be lots of things...a game where you don't know the rules, or the objective, or who's controlling what...
benthor chapter 13 . 6/17/2012
I am sad to say, I was too drawn into the story to stop and try to solve the puzzle. I read right on.

I really enjoyed this chapter because its events were rather unpredictable and offbeat.
Thomas chapter 13 . 6/13/2012
Hilariously what the heck heck.

I love the randomness of the game and you are a great author. I can't guess at all who the game controller(s) are, but I think Harry deserves a 999,999,999,999,999,999,999,000 point bonus for sincerity
AIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE chapter 13 . 6/2/2012
ATTEMPT FAILED

FAILED FAILED FAILED

AIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

CURRENT POINTS: MINUS INFINITY

YOU HAVE LOST THE GAME

FINAL INSTRUCTION:

go to Professor McGonagall's office

I actually laughed at the AIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE part.
CosplayAndCoffee chapter 13 . 5/29/2012
I... I don't even know, man. XD I try to understand a fraction of this chapter, the whole Game thing, but I really, really don't XD Maybe I should just continue reading on. Maybe it explains it then. I have no clue, but I can only hope!
Billy Joel chapter 13 . 5/23/2012
I'm going to guess he got the time turner and decided to mess with himself. This isn't really a review by this point but it is now because I am saying how this is a delightful series and very well written
HerGoldenHair chapter 13 . 5/23/2012
My mind was just boggling the whole time. Well, half the time. The other half, I just relaxed and enjoyed the ridiculousness.
Guest chapter 13 . 5/6/2012
Tiresome. Exhausting. Boring.
GSYH chapter 13 . 4/30/2012
Harry is the one who started the game?
Bystander chapter 13 . 4/23/2012
Holy fuck, this is the crackiest shit I have ever read! What the flying fuck?
I Read For the Content chapter 13 . 4/16/2012
I don't get the game...but I lost it.
jayley chapter 13 . 4/11/2012
i'm glad i glanced back up and read the edit...bc this was the first chapter that i absolutely didn't get and didn't enjoy either. neville's kinda ballsy...sort of, to harry at least. although he was generally correct, it was kinda rude to say that harry pulling him up roughly hurt worse than anything the slytherins had done to him, there's something to be said about intent and neville was kinda an asshole about it. so i was glad he stood up for himself and harry learned almost a lesson on apologizing and whatnot, but it didn't really make me like neville. when people try to be helpful and end up making things worse it's not very nice to basically blame them, and i normally like neville bc he's nice. AND neville didn't have that much of a problem with harry when he helped him find his toad, so you'd think that'd be a point in his favor at least. i've realized while writing this that somehow that one line or two has cultivated some neville hatred in me! as for the rest of it, it was basically like reading a crackfic, which i found unpleasant, though i believe it serves some further purpose, i can't help but wonder if all this was really necessary or if you could've done it some other way. your story is odd and fun and all, but this one took it to extreme for me, crazy puzzle or not. which i'm just gonna say i don't think i could solve
Hidden Lines chapter 13 . 4/7/2012
I am honestly confused. I fancy myself intelligent, but well, obviously I've been proven wrong.

Or maybe it's a reference to something, like the one you did with Rowling and the Cthulu Mythos a few chapters ago.

Anyway, well played. This chapter seemed a bit weird, but I guess that's just because of this weird...game thing. I have to admit, interesting as the game is, I don't like putting weird things in stories for the heck of it. It seems, unprofessional, somehow. Like when you have a certain genre going and you break it. e.g. someone in the Star Wars Universe with the ability to air bend. It's weird.
George Heichelheim chapter 13 . 4/4/2012
OK, I think I see a little Monty Pythons : The Meaning of Life, some Alice in Wonderlandishness, Discworld elements, and a spice of Xanth. I thought this story had established its weirdness, and then you go and do this. Thank you.
Hello chapter 13 . 3/30/2012
Harry can even manage to bewilder himself! I really liked this chapter though the first time through I was incredibly confused.
RightArmCannon chapter 13 . 3/16/2012
I lost the game.
flairina chapter 13 . 3/15/2012
My current expression is that of utter shock and disbelief. I have absolutely NO clue what is going on, which I guess is rather the point, but it is AWESOME and HILARIOUS.
SqrlLrd chapter 13 . 3/12/2012
beware of plot bunnies that seem funny
The Blind One chapter 13 . 2/19/2012
Hee, the opening still made me snort. Cute mini-twist.

"I am a potato." I have a feeling there's a pop-culture reference I'm missing here. Possibly it's just Harry being Harry, though.

Why is there green and red wrapping paper in the bin, it not being Christmas season? Whatever the reason, that little list is a cool detail.

And now I must wonder why the phrase "darkness is where the light must be." Obviously it's there because it was there, forming a stable loop. But is the universe/the author foreshadowing anything by it? Grr.

Not a drawing of a fish. An actual fish. What.

I take back my earlier remark about there not being extended comedy sequences later on. Yes, there's halfway serious tension in this one, but really. Maybe it's just 'cause it's late here, but "/drayage costs/ on a /pie/" made me giggle madly for waaay too long.

Calling it now: at some point, Harry is going to snap his fingers and something significant will happen. Either he'll have keyed a particular thing to a finger-snap, or he'll learn wandless magic for something, and gratuitously snap his fingers.
Hedgehog chapter 13 . 2/5/2012
This is surreal. Sorry, nothing else to add. Except... hmm, I liked Neville's proclamation, and Sprout too.
gandalfwiz chapter 13 . 1/29/2012
Elen sila J.K. Rowling omentielvo

Finally! Someone else who understands Elvish, loves Harry Potter, and is wicked smart in the sciences!You, sir/madam, are my new hero 3
catinthebath chapter 13 . 11/13/2011
That...

That was the weirdest and best chapter of anything I've ever read in my life! It was awesome :D
EpitomyofShyness chapter 13 . 11/9/2011
I'm super confused and somehow I feel like Harry set some of this up somehow. I need to know.
Toratchi888 chapter 13 . 10/6/2011
Bakura: "This (card)game is a load of bollocks!"
mat33 chapter 13 . 9/28/2011
Alice, Alice

Harry's 21-th century Alice.

But where Alice's attempts of scientifical research of Wonderland were rather pitifull (for the professor of math author), this Potter's doing rather well so far.
Diana chapter 13 . 9/15/2011
This is the most well-written fanfiction I've ever read, and I think it's better than many books that have actually been published. Also,this might be a stupid question, but when you wrote "YOU HAVE LOST THE GAME" near the end of the chapter, did you actually intend for the reader to lose the game (the one where if you think about the game, you lose the game)? Regardless of whether it was intended or not, I lost the game...
jon58840 chapter 13 . 9/2/2011
I've come across this story in the past, and stopped at some point but have decided to give it another shot. This chapter is exceedingly amusing, with the whole concept of the game. Your Harry manages to make me feel rather dumb, despite being 6 or 7 years younger than me at this point and I'm no slouch myself if the IB Programme means anything to you. I suppose my apathy and laziness probably don't do much good for my potential. I don't think this story was quite this far when I first read it, and I don't think I even finished what was posted at that point and I look forward to seeing what will happen in the future with Harry, he seems to be trying his hand at some kind of Xanatos Gambit but in the end, he is still young and out of his depth, not to mention kind of arrogant. I suppose deviating from canon by leaving Ron in favor of Draco would fit this Harry as Ron isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed, and Hermione is of course an obvious choice. The Weasley Twins seem to work well also with this rather chaotic Harry.
youxcan'txstop chapter 13 . 8/31/2011
._.

I..cannot put...into proper words..just...how...awesome the notion of playing this game is

So original, and I'm thinking maybe house elves are involved...? Perhaps..?
madeyemarauder chapter 13 . 8/29/2011
I'm not so sure I'd enjoy living in Hogwarts any more.
Srangled Steps chapter 13 . 8/28/2011
was that just an elaborate way to make me lose the game? if so, it worked.
narutonejii chapter 13 . 8/28/2011
What the fuck. How did you come up with this chapter?

Fucking brilliance. Kudos. So many fucking fruit-flavored pies and kudos!
Reader123456789 chapter 13 . 8/28/2011
okay then.
ironhair chapter 13 . 8/27/2011
gawd almighty.. It's been 24 hours since I've been awake, it's 11am and I'm sleepy.. and this chapter went over my head.

On to the next.
lizoftheinfinite chapter 13 . 7/29/2011

I know I said I wouldn't review until I read all the way through, but . . . GAH.

SUCH A GOOD CHAPTER.

Neville's verbal takedown of Harry was completely awesome. I am very happy with the way you're developing the characters.

The game is probably one of the most fascinating things I've ever encountered in fiction. -3,000,000 points for good thinking? I feel like it's a metaphor for life . . . but . . . not . . .gah . . . and the way you wrapped it up . . . once again I'm going to stop review and keep reading.

-liz
Isa Knightwalker chapter 13 . 7/10/2011
I think that Harry is using a Time Turner and that he was the game controller. Guess I will find out in the next chapter. Although I don't get the weird sleeping schedule thing, since it seems irrational that someone would need the same amount of sleep every single night or even have such a patterned schedule with how it gets off. Although I think there was an actual experiment done that showed the natural tendency (when people could not see outside) was 25 hour days or perhaps 26 hours, I thought it was 25 though.

Anyway great chapter!
Theosaur chapter 13 . 7/4/2011
So, I'm thirteen chapters into Methods of Rationality, and I've been enjoying it immensely. Then, I got to the end of 'Asking the Wrong Questions'. That's a brilliant Hitchhiker's Guide reference. You're my favorite.
misha gurevich chapter 13 . 6/26/2011
This is probably my favorite chapter in the fic, and what irrevocably hooked me. I love it.
Diz chapter 13 . 6/26/2011
This is very intriguing. I'm interested to see where this goes...
forsecondlife chapter 13 . 6/5/2011
What in the world is going on in this kids life? Seriously.

Love it: yes.

Confused: absolutely.

Next chapter: right now.
pyrocatboy chapter 13 . 6/2/2011
... I hate you.
linkhyrule5 chapter 13 . 5/24/2011
Congratulations on the retroactive Portal 2 reference :P.
x chapter 13 . 5/19/2011
Loved this game... I think I have too much love for this story.
kurgaya chapter 13 . 5/8/2011
I will put it very simply: The game instructions are AMAZING! How do you come up with stuff like that?
iphis17 chapter 13 . 5/2/2011
Of all the inane and useless things I could say, I figured that this would have the highest chance of being vaguely amusing. Bonus points for being true.

I just lost The Game.

~Mademise Morte
Kitty O chapter 13 . 4/7/2011
The randomness felt good. To my soul.

I just lost THE GAME so many times!
Smooth Trooper chapter 13 . 3/3/2011
I really want to play that game now O.o
Kerr Avonsen chapter 13 . 2/27/2011
That was SURREAL.

And no, I'm not going to attempt to guess what it means. Guess I lose.

I like the way that Harry is very clever, but still has a lot to learn - and I don't mean learning about science and facts, but about self and right.

*"I think you're going to be really cool someday," Neville said. "But right now, you're not."*
ARMH chapter 13 . 2/20/2011
Another great chapter; it was fun to watch the game unfold. Neville was unbearably ungrateful in my opinion.
Tashie chapter 13 . 2/20/2011
I have never laughed so hard in my LIFE! ... no wait, I think there is a chapter coming up that is pretty funny...

It was this story that made me realize that the killing curse sounds exactly like abracadabra, and I lieterally had tears coming out of my eyes.

It has come to my attention that in a weeks time it will be a year since you started this story, maybe you should update then with a very awesome chapter. I hope I'll have caught up by then...

Tashie xo
SlytherinRiter chapter 13 . 1/27/2011
Not gonna lie, I'm really effing confused. Did he write these notes himself, or is someone messing with him?
Qwertiest chapter 13 . 1/16/2011
No idea what is going on. But, I love the confusion as I do the hilarious situations. Although, this does remind me of "The Game" of which I just lost.
mione granger2175 chapter 13 . 1/13/2011
When I first started to read this story I didn't think I was going to like it. but now I LOVE it! I can't stop laughing at Harry's predicaments and what happened with the Sorting Hat
Illadaran chapter 13 . 1/9/2011
Actually Avada Kedavra and Abracadabra are actual word from Aramaic. Avada Kedavra basically means let it be destroyed, while Abracadabra means to create.
The Epitome of Eccentricity chapter 13 . 1/5/2011
Crap, I just lost The game. I hate you... This was a... Sorting-Hat and McGonagol colaberation for revenge on Harry? Eh, I'll figure it out next chapter... But seriously, I've loved this story since chapter 1. xD This is my favorite story EVER!
reader chapter 13 . 1/4/2011
this caned tea business is throwing me for a lop and this last two chapters have been forgettable in an other wisely enjoyable story
Braindoll chapter 13 . 1/4/2011
Harry Potter is British, and so (presumably) is his quotes quill. Thus, it should be a "pyjamas penalty", not a "pajamas penalty".
Tangshou chapter 13 . 1/3/2011
This chapter was cool. It was actually quite disturbing for me the first time. Maybe there's a hint about my own psychology there...
FangDust99 chapter 13 . 12/28/2010
You are a genius. This is the smartest fanfiction I've ever read and it made me laugh so hard and... ON TO READ THE NEXT CHAPTER
Gelacacine chapter 13 . 12/13/2010
Reading this chapter to friends, i find it rather impressive how some people just get it, and some people just don't. I loved the chapter though.
GuesssWho chapter 13 . 12/8/2010
LOL, H2G2 reference FTW!
Los Grotos chapter 13 . 12/5/2010
He wasn't right for Griffindor.
Cringo chapter 13 . 11/26/2010
I understand the note you placed at the beginning of the chapter, but I've never been good at riddles and I want to place on record that I did not enjoy this chapter at all. Also, if this is a Harry/Hermione story...where in the heck is Hermione?
Alwendil chapter 13 . 11/23/2010
That was the strangest thing I have ever read. This chapter was hilarious, but unbelievably surreal. Also, the story is still good, that disclaimer about it losing quality after chapter 10 was unnecessary and had me worried. For that I am sad, and I do believe that your story is causing a change in my thought pattern.

Also, I LOST THE GAME!
ender13sfd chapter 13 . 11/22/2010
Extraordinary!
w chapter 13 . 11/19/2010
Where was I? I think here.

Good things:

Omentielvo.

There's pretty nice meta thingie going on, just as you can play the game only once, you can only be surprised by reading its explanation only once.

I'd add some text adventure games reference too if I could write as well as the author otherwise :).

Nice msgs from himself. The entire portrait subplot feels somewhat superfluous, though. Though the conversation with the metaphor lady was fun.

Bookshelves in the green room.

The entire confrontation. Drayage costs and surrealism. It's a pity Harry lost a bit of surreal skills further down the story.

Don't worry too much about people thinking you stopped the story. If it takes time to get quality stuff, it takes time.
Zarathustra46 chapter 13 . 11/16/2010
So, before I go to the next chapter: I'm taking my guess. Harry is the controller using a time turner that McGonagall gives him in order to make sure he makes it to classes on time due to his bizarre sleep schedule. Now, I'm going on to the next chapter to see if I'm right.

BTW: Jacqueline Lichtenberg (If you don't know who she is, google her name then read her books) just recommended this fic tonight on her Facebook page and it looked interesting so I came over to see. I am floored and awed and snorting all at the same time. Congratulations, I bow to your genius. It's a good thing I wasn't drinking any green Comed-tea, or it would be all over my screen by now.
AspergianStoryteller chapter 13 . 11/2/2010
I have a friend who likes saying "I lost the game." They can even say it in Japanese.

Yeah, I had noticed the similairities between "Avada kedavra" and "Abracadabra." It's kinda funny, yet morbid too.
taxzombie chapter 13 . 10/23/2010
That was - STRANGE

nuff said
tangentsferret chapter 13 . 10/23/2010
Ah. Now I remember. I have tried to read this before. More than once. Each time I have scrupulously followed the instructions and waited until after Chapter 10 prior to giving up. Each time it is this "Game" thing that finally touches off the nascent headache.

The spelling and grammar are excellent. The characterizations, while in some areas unusual, are consistent. The concept is original.

On the whole, I rather regret that I cannot seem to tolerate your Harry through more than 12 and a half chapters. I am quite aware that this is a personal preference on my part, and in no way prejudicial to your writing ability, nor is it predictive of my possible reaction to any other stories of yours, past or future. Please do not regard this review as in any way negative.

Furthermore, based on my current mode of expression, McGonagall was right. He is extremely contagious.
Indigo Ziona chapter 13 . 10/16/2010
Yay for cool Sprout, as a Hufflepuffish sort of person, it is nice to see her done well. I love the game, really wondering how it turns out.
Kutta chapter 13 . 10/8/2010
Great chapter
LunaSlashSea chapter 13 . 10/6/2010
Good chapter.
Nakedkali chapter 13 . 10/4/2010
Presumably Sprout didn't get to the head of her house for no reason. What does she know, and how did she come to know it?
dinosaurusgede chapter 13 . 10/4/2010
The first beginning of the almighty snap. I first thought this chapter will be a scary one,what's with the anonymus letter & weird game instruction, thank goodness ish not
Serpent In Red chapter 13 . 9/12/2010
Maybe I'm the only one, but I certainly am confused with the game. But then you did say it will be solved in the next chapter so ...

Ah, Neville pwned Harry. *sniggers* That's always worth an applaud or two. ;)

~Serp
Lord Blood chapter 13 . 9/5/2010
well im determined to stop reading this story after the next chapter after i find out what the fuck is going on.

seriously, all this "aw now i feel bad and i must apologize" bullshit doesnt happen in real life. oh you looked like a victim and i just couldnt help myself to playing a prank you, blahblahblah. god, and especially when harry was at diagon with mcgonagall and then went into the alley to talk...fucking hell i probably should've just stopped reading then.
Tall Tails - Feline Jaye chapter 13 . 9/5/2010
Seriously, that was such a good game (& damn nostalgic) that I don't even care if it never comes up again. Wicked chapter (though rationality seems to have stepped down from being a major player in the fic).
Sancria chapter 13 . 9/4/2010
this chapter reminded me of the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy MUD from way back when...

BTW, do you have any idea where you're going or, are you just running as fast as you can on a sea of BS? :)
Donteatacowman chapter 13 . 8/21/2010
Huh. My only guesses:

1) This is all in Harry's mind somehow, like a dream, or some other sort of illusion.

2) Time travel is involved, possibly using Hermione's time-controlling thingy, but I haven't read the books in a while and I forget whether that was actually present when she was 11.

3) Harry is the Game Master.

4) Some sort of enchantment on Hogwarts itself, or surrounding Harry. Vague, I know, but come on!

But, as far as the fic is going as of yet, you're going to take all my theories and turn them on their head, and it's going to turn out to be, I dunno, Draco as the Game Master. Or the janitor. Or the painting. Or Harry's subconscious. NO IDEA. YOU HAVE OFFICIALLY SCREWED MY MIND, THANK YOU.

Also, I just lost The Game. :P
rekrula chapter 13 . 8/14/2010
i don't like this chapter and it almost made me quit reading. i'll try one more, but it is a bit silly, almost like a teenager wrote it.
Cheshire chapter 13 . 8/4/2010
I-I am so confused...
Athla chapter 13 . 8/2/2010
I am beyond confused...

oh look, another chapter!
Observer of Life chapter 13 . 8/1/2010
I would just like to say that this is the strangest story I have read yet. And I've read a lot of fanfiction. But I love this story and you are an awesome writer. Keep up the fantastic work.
GOD chapter 13 . 7/15/2010
Wow...'THE GAME' ruined this chapter...first bad chapter i've read so far but boy was this chapter a disappointment.
existenceisrelative chapter 13 . 7/12/2010
The best line ever. I want a shirt that says that.

"he just snapped his fingers and there was pie."
ladysavay chapter 13 . 7/4/2010
I was with you. You had me laughing. You had me thinking. It was great...until this chapter when you jumped the shark so badly you lost me a the bakery.

I'm outta here.
Delrusant chapter 13 . 6/25/2010
he is the game controller and gets a time turner?

and his dad cloak at the same time?

and that is why sprout is not angry against hi because he managed to be in her class?
James Birdsong chapter 13 . 6/23/2010
Facinating
Plumbum chapter 13 . 6/17/2010
Weird...
Mother of Tears chapter 13 . 6/1/2010
"Something about Yoda always made Harry wanto to hate the little green moron."

That quote is priceless.

What's with the game?
Mr.Destructo chapter 13 . 5/20/2010
omg a review!
CeilingFan chapter 13 . 5/15/2010
Neville is kind of cool.
Tangerine-Alert chapter 13 . 5/14/2010
Huh...?

I was hoping '...and it was all a dream.' Or something that would make some semblance of sense.
He Who Rules With an Iron Hoof chapter 13 . 5/13/2010
I'm guessing that Harry gets a time turner from McGonagall and uses it to set this game up somehow.

By HP time-travel logic it's possible.
Greytune chapter 13 . 5/11/2010
Hey, I played a game online like this one before! Kinda freaked me out to be honest.
darksidhe42 chapter 13 . 5/6/2010
"he just snapped his fingers and there was pie!" ROFL! YES!

Oh wow. Another "you turned into a cat moment" is going to be my catchphrase for a little while, I think.
Bridgefall chapter 13 . 5/3/2010
I'll write a longer review as soon as I finished the last chapter. I just want to tell you that this story is absolutely brilliant, has gained about twenty new Reviews in the time I was reading it and that you managed to do what my professors failed to do for nigh five years now - motivated me, interested me. Thank you, you made my year.

by the way, my friends have a game. it goes like this.

You lost the game.

Do you know it, because it's scarily similar to Harry's game. Nobody knows what game they just lost. Considering the game theories, it isn't even a game, just a bad, bad joke. But when I read that chapter just now, it hit me like, well, really now?

Another question, do you really have the motivation, time and Interest (with capital I) to read all reviews you get? Considering you're in your middle ages, have a job with normal working hours, have to read Less wrong (on my favourites bar now), have a social and family life and write these really good, really long chapters there, paired with normal human things like sleeping etc. you really shouldn't have the time to do it. Then there are those reviews with only “Great story, continue!” In them, which admittedly makes any writer happy, but really after 1500 (let's be optimistic and say the other 1800 leave somewhat longer reviews) of them 1.) your mailbox has to be really, really cramped and 2.) you have to be really, really bored of them.

So, do you read them?

Thanks, and please continue...
bananacupcakes chapter 13 . 5/3/2010
Please continue :]
MegaB chapter 13 . 4/27/2010
Well...that was a strange chapter!

My guess is either Harry did it to himself via some charms and then Obliviated himself to teach himself how to regain and act if he were to be obliviated, or this is a highly elaborate prank by Fred/George and/or Hermione.

And I think I'm severely wrong on both counts. xD

Nice parallel between the books by the way; seemed like you were borrowing some of the prevalent themes from OotP and CoF.

~B
TxA-GunFighter chapter 13 . 4/20/2010
Very good chapter.

Gunny
Cinnamon Selkie chapter 13 . 4/20/2010
~Harry nodded slowly. "Recognition code 927, I am a potato" was indeed the message he had worked out in advance - some years earlier, while watching TV - that only he would know. If he had to identify a duplicate of himself as being really him, or something. Just in case. Be Prepared.~

Hmm...Um...This is just a guess, but I'd say that McGonagall gives Harry a time turner later in the day...

~ATTEMPT FAILED: -1 POINT

CURRENT POINTS: 99

PHYSICAL STATE: STILL HUNGRY

MENTAL STATE: CONFUSED~

And his future self is now playing a rather nasty prank on him. Maybe. Probably. I think.

~Harry crushed the note in his hand, face flaming scarlet. Draco's curse came back to him. Son of a mudblood -

At this point he knew better than to say it out loud. He would probably get a Profanity Penalty.~

Oh, definitely. Slightly future!Harry is evil. Of course, he had to suffer through it first, so a certain level of vindictiveness is understandable.

~The old lady nodded. "I'm not sure that being lost in the castle is your most important problem, young man."

"True, but unlike the more important problems, it's a problem I can understand how to solve and wow is this conversation turning into a metaphor for human existence, I didn't even realize that was happening until just now."~

*Bursts out laughing*

~...and that while we do not make all the rules ourselves, the one who awards or takes points is always you.~

VERY smart painting. Or lucky, as the case might be.

~Harry was no longer sure, at this point, whether this was the sort of thing he ought to be skeptical about, or the sort of thing he should just take in stride.~

Great line.

~The figure of the middle-aged man paused. "At least that's how it was when I was in Hogwarts. This is a Monday on an odd-numbered year, isn't it?"~

Disturbing...but also quite a convincing addition to Hogwarts as written by J K Rowling.

I kind of like this Neville. And regardless of Harry's motivations, he does seem to have given Neville a lot more confidence. Cinnamon.
Alex chapter 13 . 4/13/2010
Neville is such a little pussy. Someone tries to help him and all he can do is complain that he got a little bruise. He really needs to grow a pair or just get used to being stepped on if that is how he reacts when someone tries to stand up for him. Glad to see that Harry is not the coward he appeared to be in that one chapter.
Anonymous568737 chapter 13 . 4/13/2010
Why is the first piece of paper signed "Harry Potter", instead of his full name? This made me suspect that it wasn't him who wrote it.
cheekylildevil chapter 13 . 4/11/2010
"...he just snapped his fingers and there was pie"

Best quote ever.

Now, I'm off to see what is going on,

Indi
Makurayami Ookami chapter 13 . 4/11/2010
well written. i'd be confused as hell too.
kdorian chapter 13 . 4/11/2010
This is brilliant, in both the english and american meanings of the word. I have been literally laughing out loud (well, cackling, really) several times during this chapter.

As for the puzzle represented in this chapter, my Clue answer is: Harry Potter, in the Future, with a Time Turner.

Harry makes the lives of those around him too surreal for words.
LddStyx chapter 13 . 4/11/2010
I'm not gonna read farther than 'note to self' and say TIME TURNER, wtf. The sleep cycle and the way to find out about oblivation gave it away several chapters ago.
Lord Dragon Claw chapter 13 . 4/11/2010
I'm going to guess that Harry is messing with himself. Time Turner and all that.
yog chapter 13 . 4/11/2010
After rereading this chapter I got this horrible-horrible idea: are you basing your Harry on the Doctor? Because it really looks like you are. Especially when reading "Hello, I'm the Boy-Who-Lived." which sounds awfully like "Hello, I'm the Doctor" in this situation.

If you are basing him on the Doctor then good for you. Very good.
Taure chapter 13 . 4/11/2010
Neville's a pussy and needs to man up. Harry's a pussy too for letting Neville's lameness affect him.

"Not being dark" doesn't entail becoming Gandhi.
Parselmaster chapter 13 . 4/11/2010
This entire chapter was painful. So many reminders about the game, and how much I fail at it, lol. I lost the game multiple times here.

I lost the game.
Sarah chapter 13 . 4/11/2010
Interesting chapter. Don't get it yet, but it is interesting.

Does Harry get a time turner? because of his sleep issues? so he plays a prank on himself?
Nefra chapter 13 . 4/11/2010
Okay, not panicking right now. Got my towel and all that.

I guess that a future!Harry is the controller. It's his writing, he bought a Quotes Quill, he would now everything that's going to happen because he lived trough it once already and this Game sounds very much like something he would invent. The easy way would be him having a Time-Turner and his Cloak, but why would he have them? Giving him a Time-Turner for his sleeping disorder seems a bit irresponsible (though why not, it's Hogwarts after all), but it would work. He would just have to Obliviate himself, so he'd forget he had it. Why would he have the Cloak, though? To not be seen while he's using the Time-Turner? But Hermione managed without one in third year, so it's not a sufficient reason.

I actually liked Neville's reaction. He stood up for himself and I think it's good that someone told Harry about his attitude. I personally thought that the "Hello, I'm the Boy-Who-Lived" line was more than a bit aver the top. What kind of reaction did he expect? The Slytherins fainting at hearing him? Or maybe it's just his difficulty at interacting normally with people that brought it up? Also, Neville had a good point with the fact that there are things to be afraid of. Harry should maybe have remembered his pan story before acting like this (though the idea of chocolate-giving monsters is quite funny). And where does this possessiveness come from? Neville isn't his property!

"I think you're going to be really cool someday. But right now, you're not." is pretty much what I could tell this story: I loved the first 12 chapters, but didn't understand much in this one, and I didn't really like it. Maybe there are a lot of references I didn't get, but, well, I felt about as lost as Harry. I hope the feeling will fade next Sunday!

- all mistakes are to be attributed to the fact that my mother language isn't English, but French -
AshenV chapter 13 . 4/11/2010
I have no idea if you will even see this but I thought I'd write it anyway. There are two problems I see at this point.

One is connected to the chapter itself. When you stretch the limit of the plot this far you have to give the reader something concrete in the text itself, and not rely on some 'previous' knowledge the reader possesses. Or better yet, that you think the reader has is a better wording. The chapter itself was way too confusing, though I am guessing this is time turner related, so instead of thinking and trying to figure it out, it may leave the reader rolling their eyes and hitting x (or closing the book) which is never a good thing.

Two, though, is a bigger problem. At this moment in time, this is not a Harry Potter story. This is a story where you are simply using familiar names but are in fact weaving something completely unrelated. It may be good but the bottom line is that it doesn't really matter - it's an original story.

A Harry Potter story is in some ways connected to the world JKR created and we have learning about magic, going to classes, making friends etc. It is not just a bunch of names of people and places that make the HP world.

To make myself clear - you could substitute Harry Potter in your story with the name James Jameson and have it happen in a random magical environment and it wouldn't matter as nothing would really change.

While I don't like stories that basically retell books, I also don't like stories that change the HP world in such a fundamental way that it stops being the HP world. Write an original story and let it stand on its own merits in other words.
Kin Pandun chapter 13 . 4/11/2010
Well, that was possibly the most surreal thing I've read outside a crack!fic. I really love this fic you've got going, and I can hardly wait to find out wtf just happened to Harry's morning. Will use of a time turner be involved? Ah-hah! Harry will be getting a time turner to be able to attend classes, and he used it to prank himself with foreknowledge so as not to cause a paradox. Does this mean that there was never any -real- game to be figured out at all? That Harry was just following in his own footsteps? And how would he set all that up? Very confused here.

Also, I'm wondering what's up with Neville thought processes. Very obscure. I don't understand why he thinks what he does. I eagerly await more plot and slightly-less-surreal substance.

Thanks for writing,

Kin.

PS: Don't be bothered with the naysayers. This is a really fantastic fic. You are possibly the first person to ever write a -likeable- canon!Draco. Honestly, that perspective had never occured to me. It's really a revelation all around.
xfighter4 chapter 13 . 4/11/2010
Good chapter! Cant wait for the next!
Gogolu chapter 13 . 4/11/2010
Impressive.
Pathatlon chapter 13 . 4/11/2010
This was a really fascinating chapter. I cannot wait to see what the next is! Hurry to update
Therio chapter 13 . 4/11/2010
Ok, this was a weird chapter, and not in a good way. It's probably going to be a future Harry Potter, especially with having the notes already prepared for Harry's questions. However, I feel like I just was in the third task of the Tri-Wizard tournament, and had the Sphinx ask me "what stands or 4 legs in the morning, 2 and noon, and 3 at night?".

Some of the scenes in it were good, like Harry's interaction with the paintings and the Slytherins. I wasn't fond of Neville's reaction to Harry apologizing though. I mean, how many times as he EVER had someone apologize to him for being mean? When he does, rather than accept it as a friendly overture of remorse, he basically tells the person to screw off. It wasn't a very rational thing to do. To me, that doesn't sound like something Neville would do.
jdboss1 chapter 13 . 4/11/2010
A

I dont get it in still the end of the Chapter this wood drive me up the wall if this happen to me lol

gess it becouse he want back in time?

Still loveing this Story updats some time to days please
shenmi meiren chapter 13 . 4/11/2010
oh my

seriously?

this is rather... random.

i like the whole nevilleslytherins scene tho...
jtptan chapter 13 . 4/11/2010
Yay another chapter!

Well I had been guessing before this chapter that McGonagall's solution to Harry's sleeping problem would be a Time-Turner. So I'm guessing Harry's left himself the notes and the final instruction to go to McGonagall's.

The notes are the next place he looks, but previously hidden, not coming from nowhere. Harry regularly makes up games for himself where he gains or loses points. He's been messing with the pouch to see what commands it will respond to. It seems as if asking for snack bars when they've been removed from the pouch wouldn't work, he got the note to come out by putting it with the closest thing to snack bars that was left in the bag. Probably McGonagall will warn him not to run into himself while using the Time-Turner, but he'll decide that technically, leaving himself notes is okay, since he didn't know *he* was the controller. The writing on the notes looks like the writing on the dictation quills that Harry mentions having bought. Sprout acts as if Harry was not only in class, but impressed her in the class, calling him her 'fine student Harry Potter'. Although it just occurred to me that since, when he goes to his herbology class, to him this has already happened, he might have reported the future incident and/or asked her to go up to that spot so she'll be there to intervene, and that would be 'notifying the authorities'.

Also, he's lead himself to a great study spot for himself and his mates. Paradox much? Perhaps he's testing how time-travel 'works'. In the canon universe it seems to work out in the you can't actually change it, it already happened, kind of way. Harry takes on the cloud of Dementors because he knew he could do it, prompted by his memory of himself saving them by conjuring the Patronus.

I'm curious as to how he managed the note thrown from behind and the pies, though.

I'll say I do like the puzzles you leave, as long as you update quickly afterward. I'm anxious to see if I'm on the completely wrong track with this. I had no clue at all with the Sorting Hat.
Entropic Specter chapter 13 . 4/11/2010
Oho. I see. It's the chapter that creeps up to you with a smile... and makes you lose the game. And that just has to happen after I stopped playing. I would make a little guess, but I got speculation-spoiled before I even got around to thinking about it, so there's no point.

Anyway, good work. Proceed.
maaldas chapter 13 . 4/11/2010
ok. My guess is th game controller is Harry himself.

He was given time turner for his problem with his sleeping habit so he can follow classes like normal students. Then after that Harry has a thought to try to change universe. Perhaps previously he had a previous encounter with the slytherins n he wanted to try to change history that if he give his self a note and to see if things turns out differently this time around. So he turns back time and start the game with himself.

He can always use the invisibility clock to hide himself too.

My guess on the Comed-Tea. The Comed-Tea's magic is not changing the universe but influencing Harry's mind. We all know that Dumbledore is insane and Luna is odd. So whenever there's an odd or strange things (strange according to the drinker to be) around the drinker, it will send impulse to drink the Tea.

Not sure if the Tea magic read Harry's mind like passive ligilimency (but i am sure there is magic like that in the Wizarding world) but basically there you go.

Great story! i am waiting the update
heeroyuyz chapter 13 . 4/11/2010
Really NOT impressed with this chapter. Everything in the first 10 or so chapters was great, but the whole "Dark Lord to Be" snit and the just complete randomness of the chapter are just making the story unfun to read. At the start it was something new and exciting, but this chapter seems to fall into the not-so-good old fashioned giant prank chapter and does so to an excess. So yeah, unless there's some really cool chapters coming up with more mathematical or scientific theory being applied to the magical world...then meh.
KGB chapter 13 . 4/11/2010
I'm pretty sure that Neville would be glad regardless of a bruise, because he'd hate being in the centre of the attention of a bunch of bullying older Slytherin. He saw that harry almost got his finger snapped after standing up for him, I don't think Neville would have used Harry as a target to vent his frustration on.

The changing corridors on odd-numbered years are a bit strange too. It would mean that every second year would have to relearn his way through the school. Which I can't remember from the books or film.

Considering the riddle, this one is actually logical. Which doesn't require me to spam possible reasons. He got a time turner to help him function with his sleeping disorder from McGonagall, the first thing he did (or second, if he went to herbology first) is messing with himself. The security measures from the mokeskin pouch were circumvented, because he's the same person.
Pusakuronu chapter 13 . 4/11/2010
Okay. This chapter was one long "man what?" moment. I'm still expecting Harry to wake up at any point now.
Heidinanookie chapter 13 . 4/11/2010
haha, I needed that. I've hit some kind of a low phase because my diploma thesis paper thingy for uni isn't coming along as nicely as I thought and yesterday I discovered I might have made a grave error in my working methods which could very well lead to me having to revise the whole paper...

anyway, nice chapter. I have the feeling the Peeves helped Harry a little with the pies. It would be just his thing.

I'm really curious how this will play out. Harry surely isn't used to losing in an intellectual game. He might become very angry...

Can't wait for next Sunday!

heidi
cyran chapter 13 . 4/11/2010
Good Chapter. A little odd. However I feel the need to tell you that I just lost The Game several times while reading this. Thank you ever so much for the opportunity to (likely) not be able to tell anyone else that I have lost the game (and thus make them lose the game) while reading this.

That being said, I look forward to the update on Sunday.
goddessa39 chapter 13 . 4/11/2010
*silence*

mm...

*pause*

mhmm...

Surreal is right.
Raziel Tepes chapter 13 . 4/11/2010
My guess is that he's going to McGonagall to get a Time Turner and that his future self is the one responsible for the whole game, I would like to point out I figured this out as soon as I read this line :

Darak chapter 13 . 4/11/2010
Is this chapter part of this fiction? Because at the moment I can't make head or tails from it and it shows a clear departure from the setup shown in the very first chapters.

Anyway it seems quite obvious from all of the events that part of the setup of the game was planified by Harry himself although why he doesn't recognize that despite all of the hints he's giving himself his beyond me, the Harry in the first chapters would have seen it.

Once you find out Harry is involved in the making of the game you just have to look at who he knows that are into pranks and have knowledge of the castle to fall on the twins as the other culprits and that is also something the Harry in the first chapters would have found out quite fast.

So the question is, is it something about magic that makes this Harry dumber as chapters come out or did you have a change in plot mid writing this fiction.
not someone else chapter 13 . 4/11/2010
I strongly suspect that the correct answer was something like "screw you, I'm going to my next class". What a wonderful game- and though I doubt it's that simple, the timeturner idea sounds like it might be right.

This whole story is rather adorable, and you write well enough that I can ignore the fact that you're advertising for your website... though you might have backfired a little there, since after some random clicking spoiled me for Hermione's Comed-Tea riddle on the train, I've decided not to look anymore. ;3
Xynth chapter 13 . 4/11/2010
Okay, last time I got close by pulling answers out of my ass and posting all of them. This time, I really have nothing even remotely plausible as an answer.

The only things I can guess are that you broke the fourth wall and completely controlled his life for a time, or that Luna Lovegood or Harry from the future came back and did it. Neither of which would further endear you to me as an author. So I'm stumped until tomorrow/today. You evil bastard. (smiley)
You Are A Trip chapter 13 . 4/11/2010
My guess: Harry is himself the game controller... somehow. (Future!Harry maybe?)

Anyway this is a very entertaining story, keep it up.
AiSard chapter 13 . 4/11/2010
wow, reminds me of those MUD games, the text based rpgs where u type stuff to do stuff? especially with the directions p im gonna put a guess on it and say that its a matter of time travel and getting Harry out of the way, the stakes being the COLLAPSE OF SPACETIME! or something along those lines.

anyways, hope you update soo-sunday p
phoebe turner chapter 13 . 4/11/2010
i didn't really understand... but i loved the chappter!
JordieFan chapter 13 . 4/11/2010
Okay, gotta admit, I didn't particularly like this chapter too much. I'm finding it difficult to muster up much interest for 'The Game'. Having said that, though, you did mention in your AN that you had a logical explanation for it in the next chapter, so I'm willing to wait and see.

However, Harry and Neville's little conversation in this chapter was just utterly bizarre. First year Neville in canon, and so far in your story as well, is a nervous wreck. He's terrified of everything, and doesn't have the balls to speak out against anyone, much less Harry, so these lines really stuck out:

Neville looked at him steadily. "So you yanked me out really hard and put yourself in where I was and went, 'Hello, I'm the Boy-Who-Lived'."

Harry nodded.

Neville would never say this. Moreover, it's completely unfair. Yes, Harry was a bit of a dick to Neville on the platform, but since then he's helped Neville to find his toad, selflessly put himself in danger to protect Neville from those Slytherins and then offered a heartfelt apology for his behaviour on the platform.

Neville basically throwing Harry's apology back in his face and complaining about his hand being squeezed too hard just makes him sound like a whiny little brat.

Anyway, aside from that, there were some funny moments in the chapter, and I'll be looking forward to your explanation as to what is going on in your next update.

Peace,

JordieFan
Mel72000 chapter 13 . 4/11/2010
What is this game I can't understand it !

It's Slytherin ?

I love your humor !
CJNyfalt chapter 13 . 4/11/2010
Well, this story just jumped the shark. This chapter was totally unreadable. I didn't sign up for this totally twilight zone shit.

Bye bye.
hhrforeverhhr chapter 13 . 4/11/2010
wow...
TardisIsTheOnlyWayToTravel chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
*giggles like mad*
Darklion25 chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
Good God! This chapter was f-ing annoying. Harry Potter with a time turner is a VERY BAD THING!
kate chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
this is so awesome. do you have an idea on a possible final word count? cuz I would love for this to be novel length. And this is probably the only fic I've read with educational value. thank you!
wolf550e chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
That's not a cliffhanger. That's Harry obviously pranking himself using a time turner and maybe an invisibility cloak.
Kevin Schultz chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
I am enjoying this fic. Specifically, I enjoy the witty internal dialog you've got for characterizing Harry. I also enjoy the central conflict (an inherantly irrational, magical mindset versus the rationalist mindset) and how you're letting it play out in the psyche of the protagonist.

That being said, even while I understand the difference between written dialog and casual speech (ie, dialog has more in common with poetry than 'normal' language), Harry doesn't come across as 11 years old. I've known highly intelligent 11 year olds (and WAS one, to an extent) and while they can be precocious, they don't sound like this - at least to my ear. It's breaking me out of the narrative flow when he says (or thinks) something too mature.

And even if there potentially DID exist an 11-year old that actually talked and thought like this, you haven't made me accept it in the context of the story - the whole "truth is stranger than fiction, because fiction has to make sense" idea.

Which is suppose is a roundabout way of saying that I like your story despite the central conciet of the main character. :) Ah, well.

Oh - and just to throw my hat in regarding the purpose of Chapter 13: I'm guessing it's some variation of a Ravenclaw initiation ritual - having the firsties design puzzles for themselves, then seeing if they can break it - and Harry went overboard, trying to impress everyone, and got hoisted by his own petard.
voider chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
Hmm... a genius like Harry should realize that it was himself that was the game controller.

I guess Harry's going to get a timeturner...

I think that if someone from the future saw his past self... well it wouldn't be a good thing. Wonder if harry is going to experiment with that.

Just imagine two HP brainstorming.
Wolfric chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
Well, I'm perplexed. I'd guess the sorting hat is involved. Thanks for writing. W.
Da Bear chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
Well. Well. Okay, what? I mean seriously what was this? This chapter felt like I was reading a different story, and I honestly did not enjoy it. To tell the truth, I could not care less if this chapter was foreshadowed. I found it boring, and I had absolutely no interest in solving your puzzle. As a writer I have come to believe that if you lose your audience, then it does not matter how clever or funny you think you are, even if you truely are gifted with humor and wit.

I have enjoyed your story up to this chapter, and I like your writing style. This chapter just did not click for me.

Also, Neville felt OoC from your fanon. Unless, he's secretly bi-polar. Which could be awesome...
He Who Comes With the Dusk chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
I am extremely confused right now... does the game maybe... I dunno, represent the human mind? I'm totally stumped! Thanks for thoroughly confusing me!
Innortal chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
A bit confusing, but a good read.
iota0000 chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
Oh god, I couldn't stop laughing throughout. This chapter definitely draws me back to the rampantly unproper and out of control humor of the first several chapters of the story.

I'd suspect that this is Harry screwing around with himself via time turner (as a means to overcome his 26-hour day while still attending Hogwarts), but you've shown far too much originality throughout the story so far for me to think you'd fall back on the unoriginal overdrawn cliche of time-turners being things that can be found lying around in the street and given to students willy-nilly. Still, I can't wait to find out what really does happen.
yoyoente chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
*cackles* Okay...for some reason I expect that how this game came about and how McGonagall was planning on solving his little sleeping problem involved the use of a time-turner...moreover I believe that SOMEHOW he also recieved his invisibility cloak...probably from Dumbledore with the excuse that it would prevent him from being seen while using said time-turner..I can't wait to see McGonagall's reaction if this is the case...I can just imagine all the horrors that her imagination would provide, including but not limited to Harry somehow managing to harness the power of the time-turner, go back in history YEARS (come on, he survived the killing curse...weirder things have happened) and changing to course of history by somehow managing to become the surpreme ruler of the universe...yep, can totally see it.

Boy does Neville have balls...
BoomboomPOWWWW chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
What the frig is goin' on here! Wait, let me guess. Harry, not wanting to be a dark lord, decided that he needed to face his anger and curiosity and other what-nots, so he made the game for himself, and then told somebody (probably mcgonall) to oblivate him. Either that, or Hogwarts didn't want him to be a dark lord, so it made Harry play the game.

Close? No cigar?
Torgamous chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
Trippy chapter was trippy. I liked that bit about Abracadabra. I never noticed that before.

Regardless of whether or not either of my hypotheses are even vaguely right, I look forward to Sunday.

Hypothesis: Harry is in MS Paint Adventures.

Supporting evidence: Weird puzzle shit.

Alternate hypothesis: McGonagall decided that time manipulation was the easiest way to handle Harry's sleeping disorder, and he is using the Time Turner to mess with his own mind.

Supporting evidence got far too long, so has been redacted.
DaveInACave chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
My, you really DO like throwing curve balls out for people to try and figure out.

Hmm... the only thing that I can think of that's been foreshadowed and would be canon-compliant would be if Harry somehow managed to find a time turner and figure out memory charms, but even then it doesn't really work as I don't think he has the invisibility cloak yet. And there's way too many issues with screwed up time loops. This would kinda make sense as an attempt to "get it right the first time" even if in a very screwed up and roundabout way.

If not that... then I haven't a clue and I'll just have to look forward to finding out when the next chapter comes out.

Good work as always, although this last chapter has been a little bizarre even compared to the rest of this story.
Zicou chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
Awesome chapter :)

Time turner i suppose?

Pranking himself because he got pranked by himself earlier.. really twisted :)

Continue,

Z.
The Alec chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
Wow, what a trippy chapter. I loved it!

As for how I think the game worked:

The objective of the game was to rescue Neville from the Slytherins and apologise to him.

The rules of the game were that he had to do it in as "good" and intelligent manner as possible with points deducted for failure to live up to those ideals.

The game controller was Harry himself.

I am guessing that Future Harry was given the Timer Turner by McGonagall and he is using it to run an experiment on his past self to see if he could manage the rescue better under different circumstances.
Pink Bismuth chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
Well this chapter has thoroughly confused me, it feels as though I should know whats going on but I can't quite figure it out. I'm not very good at puzzles. Ah well. I guess that will make finding out in the next chapter all the more interesting. Can't wait till Sunday!
Bobboky chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
nice
reader chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
Loving this stuff! Whose the game controller? whose the game controller? *bouncing up and down in suspense*
uo-chou chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
Alright, I'm utterly baffled. Bring on the explanations, I say!
Bob-san chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
All of that over a single mindvirus? Geeze. And that last bit... "_YOU HAVE LOST THE GAME_" is a bit excessive, don't cha know? I started losing the game from the first note.
shadow-warrior93 chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
Im not sure if we're supposed to guess, but was it the sorting hat?

Nice twist, but now i loathe neville for none shall reproach hjp!Jk kinda. nice chapie can't wait till next time
Serious.Effort chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
uh...

Okay. I'm confused. xP And I'm too tired to figure this out, but it was fun all the same. I look forward to the next.
norickayer chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
My first guess is that The Game is to teach Harry habits to keep him "good". In this sense, the "put pajamas on"/"don't be slow" would be to keep Harry from sitting around thinking instead of seeking out the Hufflpuffs to assist.

Harry is the Game Controller in some way or another.

Interesting that Harry never considers ignoring the Game. He's so curious and competitive that he wants to win, even though he doesn't know how or why. What if you won by dropping your points to 0, or to a specified point like "close to, but not above 21".

If Harry is the game controller, he would know this about himself. The "needing to win" might tie in to his ambition to be the best he could be, which the Sorting Hat said might lead him astray...
Garlak chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
This chapter was very disjointed and confusing.

And for some reason, I'm thinking "Peeves" is all over this.
The Sinful chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
Well, that was certainly surreal.
everetza chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
Well, you've grabbed my interest. Nice unique chapter, lots of funny bits and enough action mixed in with the thoughts to make it flow well. I'm back to waiting anxiously for the next chapter- good job! :-)
j hellfire chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
No one in this story is as fun and crazy at the same time a harry so the GM is harry with a time turner.

Great chapter
LoireLoa chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
There's a reason that Harry should have gone into Hufflepuff - it may have taught him humility! And apologizing just because the Hat said so when he CLEARLY still doesn't believe himself to be guilty of wrongdoing doesn't count. He doesn't feel bad because he did wrong - he feels bad because he got caught.
firedraygon chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
Absolutely bizarre! I love this game and am suspecting the twins have something to do with it. XD The apology didn't go as smoothly as hoped, but that's life. Great work. Please write more soon!

~fd97
SensiblyTainted chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
The Game has Harry's fingerprints all over it. He was concerned he'd be evil, so he created a game to see if the hat was right and his unconscious tendencies would lead him in that direction, so he went to someone else to help create the Game, but I can't think of anyone he'd trust with his internal worries. On the other hand, he is known for keeping points and track of stuff. He gave McGonagall a plus point during shopping. No? Totally lost in this game of life? Well, at least I have great company for the ride. Come on, Harry. I'll by you some Sane-Tea... Sanity... hahahha...

On another note, I was hoping you'd keep referencing the 26 hour sleeping thing because I'm still a little unclear how it will affect his daily life.
E.A.V chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
You know, by the end of the chapter I was guesing that it was Harry with a time turner, but I was still asking myself, 'why? and how would Harry get a timeturner?'

I think that it was a delaying tactic, beyond being some sort of test, to keep himself from going to the Herbology class late when he was already in the class.

The most interesting part to me, is that he wasn't obliviated, and that the code was originally intended for cases where he might meet himself or a fake double.
TheKitsuneKage chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
...i think my brain died trying to figure it out...
Jinx of the 2nd Law chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
LOVED this chapter!

Hm, is the Game like the Game? Where if you think of the Game, you've lost? So Harry should just try to go about his business as if there wasn't any Game on? Although Sprout not saying anything about Harry totally missing her class...

And IS everybody else in class, or playing the Game as well?

Looking forward to more, hopefully Sunday tomorrow!
shadowquark chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
great story, lame chapter.
YK chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
You're right... I'm terribly confused.

My guess is that the sorting hat played a trick on Harry.
jojobevco chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
Good Chapter
Fez8745 chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
Yeah...I'm Confused

Still a great story tho
shiro-wolfman-k chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
I Like what you write, really, but this chapter was annoying to me, really annoying.
Nongarak chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
Oh lawdy. Well, this was an interesting chapter! I've never played that game before, but I think I'd go mental if I were a contestant. Seems kind of lame that it's over so soon, though. Can't wait to find out what McGonagall says!
Alexa M 78 chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
Ok, sanity went completely out the window. not even a small shred of hope that it will come back remains. I feel like I just stepped into the Jumanji edition of your story.

Thanks for it anyway.
DarkHeart81 chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
LOL Interesting chapter. I'm not even going to attempt to think about what the point of the game is. :)
novastorm76 chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
1. What. Was. That?

2. It's AVADA KEDAVRA!

3. Was that chapter supposed to be funny or something?

4. Serious case of WTF!
Dur'id the Druid chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
I'm laughing almost constantly here. As for the game in this chapter, I know who is controling it, but I'm not sure of the rules, so I'm just guessing here. So;

The game is being controlled by Harry Potter's future self, and the rule is simply try to do something that future Harry didn't do.

P.S. I guessed further back that Minvera would solve Harry's sleeping problem with a time turner.
witowsmp chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
This was...confusing yet entertaining. I look forward to the next chapter to see the explanation.
Allen Pitt chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
Ok. I'm thoroughly puzzled, and not ashamed to admit it! I don't suppose this is all a dream? If so, he's psychotic. heh.

But at least he's discovered that he can do anything if he snaps his fingers. That's always useful.
RubberBandMan chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
I know this chapter is going to make much more sense when you post the other half on sunday (Time Turner just makes too much sense not to be it, and really, what WOULD your harry potter do with time travel, if he was afraid of turning dark by abusing other people with it? abuse himself of course)

Don't worry about those people that don't think you have a plan, they're acting as clueless as Harry is right now (but at least he as an excuse for not knowing everything about magic). One thing I am worried about is if you have a large meta-plot for the first book and the things after. You're a good writer and clearly can plan things out, but I'd hate to see you hit a wall and not know where to go next. That being said, its alot less likely with you then most of the fan-fic writers I follow.

Keep up the good work, and don't worry about the people going 'RUINED FOREVER'. You're staying true to your vision of the story, and your vision is good enough as it is I think.
Lord Edric chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
did harry get a time turner or something
a displeased reader chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
question, is this now a crack fic? I just started reading this story today and i get to this chapter and well... it just seems a bit random.
aeris chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
I'm guessing Harry will get/already has a time turner and will be/is testing the theoretical contraints, but man, that's crazy sadistic on himself, although I've known of a friend's friend who's a med undergrad and who's driven a screwdriver into his thigh as an experiment... yeah perceptions and that blurry thin line between genius and insanity. Amusing, if twisted.
TaraLi chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
I'm not panicking - yet. But I must say I don't particularly like this chapter; it struck me as very discordant within the flow of the story stream. Part of the problem I have with these kinds of puzzles is that there is seldom sufficient information presented - the solver is expected to make certain assumptions from their every day experience that may not in fact be part of the every-day experience. For example, I might be attempting to solve one of the standard "logic puzzles" with a few clues and a grid to be filled in, and one of the clues relates to a female, without specifying that the persons named "Kelly" and "Jody" are male or female - and I have had the experience in my life of, in both cases, knowing persons of both names, of both genders. In fact, while I'm told "Kelly" is generally a female name, in my experience it's been a male name more often (3-2).

I can see this as possibly a dream, or some kind of test by the sorting hat - but both of those seem rather cheap cop-outs. I'm giving you a pass for now, as you've done beautifully to this point, but right now, this chapter is extremely jarring.
ray chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
Am i supposed to be confused?
Sean Mulligan chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
I hope that Harry figures out that Aveda Kedavra is not the same as Abra Cadabra.
J. Palmgren chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
Is this chapter a Joke of some kind? Did you write it on the first of April? *shrugs* Either way I believe you have currently lost the plot somewhere... Better make sure to find it again soon or you WILL lose the game. (Or get eaten by a Grue. After all it reads out as one of those old Infocom adventures like Zork so you never know.)
TegwenielWestwind chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
Trippy chapter. I wonder if he'll realize that he was angry at Neville for continuing to be a victim. Or that Neville stood up for himself there at the end against Harry. I suspect a time turner is involved, and is probably McGonagall's solution to his 26 hour cycle anyway, where he merely has to go back (at least) two hours every day to adjust his cycle accordingly.
Meteoricshipyards chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
As a guess, I would say that he is going to get a time turner from McG to handle his 26 hour cycle, and become his own game master.

Very interesting story. Very strange game.

Thanks for the update.

Tom A.
VoodooYoudo chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
The song chapter followed by gags on the audience followed by this is starting to make the story feel rather crackish. I'm really not sure what to make of this chapter. It feels like an omake that someone decided to just half-hazardly insert right into the actual story. I can't help but think that you started with a great idea but have no real direction. I guess full judgment will have to wait for future chapters.
peoplhi chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
i give up on your fic.
Furcas chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
That was a fun chapter to read, but whether it was _good_ will depend on the next one.

The conversation with Neville was... strange. It didn't flow well.
nxkris chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
very interesting chapter, though confusing as well. hope you add some explanation in the next chapter. update soon.
what are you even saying chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
So I'm supposed to be able to figure this out? I theorize that I currently dislike using my brain to figure out your cliff hangers. Thank you for expecting to post the next one tomorrow. It saves me the trouble of feeling frustrated.

Seriously, though, I didn't know what to make of this chapter. I thoroughly enjoyed it, of course, but I'm now starting to wonder if Harry fell through the Wizarding Looking Glass into an even stranger Wonderland than one might expect.

Looking forward to more.
Midnight Angels chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
Uh...I'm sorry, but this chapter just confused the hell out of me.

What did any of this have to do with Dumbledoore's manipulations or anything else for that matter?
Shodatl chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
Yeah... i quit.

I loved the story, but with harry acting like i used too, it just became so surreal that i have to give it up.

Frankly, that thought process was close to how mine was a few years ago, so right now i am freaking the out.

Its creepy.

The Humor bits died like... 4 chapters ago, now its just random drama crap, and in this style of story its just not working out well for you.

I'll keep it fav'ed to check back at a later time, but now, i'm just gonna ignore the story.

"
morriganscrow chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
Jude the Obscure just had a brain fart...

Clever writing is one thing, self-fapping writing entirely another. Your fic began so very well, only to decend into a morass of vague, in-joke, rambles.

You might want to fix that.
Judah chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
A confusing and pointless chapter.
deitarionSSokolow chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
Interesting, but really doesn't fit with the rest of the story. It leaves the readers confused in a bad way.

(Confusion in a good way is what you find in things like Sherlock Holmes. Confusion in a bad way is when you scroll back up to the top of the page to confirm that you're reading the right story.)

It could turn out to be better once there are more chapters to buffer the effect, but not much better. You left the reader confused and alone for too long without providing any familiar tidbits to reassure them. (If you think of plot as being a rubber band, you pulled it until it snapped)
hizmit12-waterlilly3721 chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
My guess: Harry gets a time turner.
Aealket chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
Hi,

I want to say something clever and wonderful. But all I can say is Huh? I do hope this will be explained some time.

Alan
Dormant Account 24 chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
Well hell, I'm feeling as lost as Harry is.
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
Well, if you foreshadowed this, I missed it.

Nice realistic bullying scene. Harry's going to be in for a pounding when he doesn't have some game master watching his back.

Thanks for the update.
Weuer chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
My guess is that he's supposed to request a transfer to Gryffindor.
malcolm75k chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
Not exactly what I thought would happen when Harry got his hands on a time turner. The ability to produce the magic he is experiencing however would demand an accomplice of some form. From the feel of it, I would suspect Fred and George, but I'm not sure.

Perhaps this is his attempt to experiment with paradox?

The purpose of the game, I suspect, requires more information to divine. I suspect the dark and light is not so much moral as "ignorance and enlightenment". Not so much "go forth and play the hero" but "go forth and learn about yourself and others".

This chapter was not as enjoyable as the others, as the purpose was not clear, the "game" was out of left field, and the effects and scoring ridiculous and random.
troyguffey chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
The Game: WTF?

Hm, maybe it's like "War Games": The only way to win is not to play.

I don't get the silencing control.
Cassandra30 chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
This was extremely strange and very difficult to follow. Sorry.
Ramenth chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
Welcome to whose line is it anyway, the game where everything's made up and the point's don't matter.

Amusing chapter. I'm confused by it, but your characters are too, so it's excusable.
Gabo 1602 chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
Buh Buh Buh!
Targaryen chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
ARGH!

What is this, I don't even...
emanon chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
No idea where this chapter was heading. Interesting, with some funny moments, but don't see how its advancing Harry's quest to understand the magical world. I did like the small nod to the Hitchhikers Guide in the Galaxy: "Ok, so 10 out of 10 for style, but minus several million for good thinking." Oh, and pie. Everyone loves pie.
Arkeus chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
heh. that sounds fun.
Dragonist chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
I understand nothing! I read words with more than four syllables! I laughed loudly and got weird looks! I can see Snape as the head of Gryffindor! I don't know how to spell that! Congrats for being able to!

Now, for the big finale...

How did you end up being such an amazing awesome writer?(!)
alguLoD chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
I could probably write a long flowery review about how great this story is, but I'm not going to. Rather...

What the HELL? I don't think I can figure this one out... I'll just have to wait for the next chapter.
Dark Lord Of Ori chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
the game? wtf? sorry but that kind of ruined the chapter. you seem to have lost the ability to write the story. as if you gave the story to someone who did not give a damn and said make this as random and omake like as possible. i look forward with anticipation to your chapters why did you do this one? is there a point? for the first time in this story i am not only not liking it, but am sincerely disappointed.
Intelligo chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
A big "wtf?" followed by "Neville is a stupid twat."

Honestly, you have just justified Harry being as cruel as possible to him. I hope he trips into a fire.
PBrules chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
OMG You are killing me! Absolutely hilarious.

Best lines ever:

"I'd like to pay as many points as it takes to get rid of this person," Harry said, pointing with his finger to the largest Slytherin.

Then Harry lifted his other hand, said "Abracadabra," and snapped his fingers.
Keldin chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
*blink* *blink* I just... don't have any idea what to say to that.
TheSeverusSnapeFanClub chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
WHAT? Wait, I DO NOT UNDERSTAND! Was Harry testing himself? If not, then who the heck was the game controller? I love your story, don't get me wrong(if you think I don't, then why is it one of 2 stories on my favorites list?), but... I am SO confused.

~Oceana
twinfeathers chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
The game doesn't have an actual point does it? Because all the notes seem to be leading Harry towards internal confusion, or is that the point? Or is the point to give him a chance to "fix" what the Sorting Hat says he messed up? Am I making any sense or should I just stop?
sparky40sw chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
whatever the inside joke is that this chapter is based on - not funny, or amusing, or worthy of the story to date

Sorry, but your beta should have sent it back with a note to be less obscure.

the writing is good, the originality of the story until now had merit...
Blah chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
The first chapter wasn't so great but then it somehow grew on me during the Diagon Alley trip but everything afterwards got more and more annoying. Maybe it's me or your try of humor just doesn't work.
Violet Shadows chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
Amusing and surreal, it did however end on an awkward note.
pfeil chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
O_o?
Kilted chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
So is he finally going to be given a Time Turner? I've been expecting it since he mentioned his sleep schedule since it seems like such a simple solution. They could have done it for him sooner though since he's already missed one class for want of sleep.

Great story. I'll be watching for updates. :)
Thenchick chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
ok so the game confuses me...and i dont know what he did to neville...
karekid2004 chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
i do not get this chapter

it made absolutley no sense

its like it is just filler with no substance

sorry

kk04
AngelForm chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
Time-turner.

Harry screwing with himself because if he does not TERRIBLE things will happen.

Do not mess with time.
TR chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
A bit of a bad ending, you left it completely unresolved. Or if you did write it out for us somewhere in there I completely missed it. Im guessing you will tell us what it was all about in the next chapter when it really should have been in this one.

so

Good Intro and Body: 20 points

Bad chapter ending: -10

If I had to take a wild guess on what he should have done...I would have sacrificed a few points to recognize the rules and objective.
Katamabob chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
This story is getting more confusing by the second. But it IS rather hilarious. He rather got what was coming to him with the Neville thing. Mebbe it'll deflate his ego a little. But I think Neville was a little hard on him with rescue attempt. That was pretty brave, and even if Harry hurt Neville more than they did, psychological bullying is worse than accidental physical pain.

Please update soon! I REALLY need an explanation before my head explodes...
Dreamweaver Mirar chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
I'm confused.

Also a little amused.

But overall I didn't really like this chapter much... It was too random, Neville's character annoyed me, etc.

And feel free to put your AN at the start of the chapter; putting it in your profile is just annoying to me.
Netap chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
I gather he will be given a time turner then and the first thing he could think of was to prank himself while helping young Neville in the way...

Good story so far, keep it up

Netap
J-Kid chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
Who boy. Hilarious. Ask me how much this reminds me of some of my favorite adventure games of yesteryear as a kid . . . :-)

I loved this, very nice. I'm looking forward to seeing what will happen here once again, because you just keep this thing on hyper-mode.
Uchiha Shisui chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
...Time turner?
Rufus Shinra SFFS chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
Poor, poor Harry. You're doing a mindscrew on him I only thought he could do to the other characters. You have a logical explanation for everything. I know it, as do every single one of your readers, and that's the great thing. This text is well-written, original, serious and fun. That's great : you obiously belong in the top percent that make worth its very existence.

Bravo.
BerserkSlash chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
So wait, did he really discover the secret to omnipotence last chapter and decided to just mess with himself?
Ren-okami chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
WTFH! Now I am confused, and I have the feeling I am not the only one

Some help to make heads and tails out of this?
SuperiorShortness chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
I'm so confused... This was such an odd chapter.
nth-x chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
Okay...that was just weird. I enjoyed the trip, but I'm not really sure where I wound up at. I suppose that's how Harry feels at this moment as well. Thanks for writing!
Starlight Chibi-chan chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
so confused. did harry get a hold of a time turner somehow...?
Linnorria chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
What... on earth...? That was completely unexpected! :D Thank you. And I especially loved the comment about the Escher painting. That was pure brilliance.
xyvortex chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
um... I'll just wait for next chapter to review...
Baughn chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
..geez.

Given that even I figured out the time-travel in the first third of the story.. I suppose the moment he gets the time-turned, he's going to go out of his mind and try experimenting with it.

Whatever happened to "bad things happen to those who meddle with time"? Nobody ever seems to show any consequences, which I suppose means it'd be original if there were some.
Darra Greymist chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
Harry is the gam controller, isn't he... just a thought.
MinorBandit chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
Um, well, good chapter, but seriously, what the hell? P
Johnny-on-the-spot chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
?
jak'idiot chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
ok this has just confused me.. love the story . waiting for the answer to the plot that will have me slaping my head going duh!

my wrong guess is that harrys doing it to himself to stop himself getting bord and turring into a dark lord.. but its too obvious...
Vilkath chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
Okay a very insane chapter imo, seriously the whole 'keeping Harry Light' aspect of the story has total eclipsed the 'learning magic' aspect. If harry isn't even going to learn in school, skipping his classes and all that crap why even BE there? Would not learning magic also stop him from being a Dark wizard?

Cause honestly if this type of crap keeps going on Harry might as well not even be in hogwarts. He hasn't been to a single class, hasn't cast a single spell and already pretty much made enemies across the board. Plus the whole Neville thing pisses me off. Why should he be kind to a whimpering pathetic waste of space like that, a boy who didn't even apreciate being saved or an apology? Again I will say from the look of this chapter Harry might as well not even be in hogwarts, he's not learning anything and the assumption he's going to go evil from Day one is not right. Especialy since Draco more fits that role than he ever would.
PiecesOfSerendipity chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
I love this story, don't get me wrong. I find it hilarious and can't wait for the next chapter.

But, I dislike this chapter. It's just so random - the whole game thing is strange and kind of freaked me out. Plus, if that happened to me, I would be terrified. This strange entity is controlling and manipulating your actions in some strange game. I would feel trapped. I dislike that Harry just takes it and turns it into some joke - he goes along with it and whenever he does get upset, it passes quickly. I didn't find the humor funny at all.
WaxWings chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
Thank you for another update.I guess I could be wrong, but from the moment he found the note in his own hand writing, I suspected that he had been given a time turner. It would easily solve his 26 hour cycle.
TatraMegami chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
Interesting. Very interesting. Loved the game. :D
ryuou chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
I have no clue where this is going, please continue.
firstar28 chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
Honestly, I’ve been enjoying this story up ‘til now but that was just weird. It felt more like a nightmare before the first day of classes than a part of the plot of this story. Is this fic going to continue in this direction?
asvaldson chapter 13 . 4/10/2010
Ok, I am officially confused. I loved this story right up until the last chapter. All I can say is huh? wtf?