Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
ack1308 chapter 24 . 4/6
Boggled Malfoy is funniest Malfoy.
WolfoftheMoonStorm chapter 24 . 3/9
Ohhhh the Death Note references! Died of laughter!
Pokefan87 chapter 24 . 2/11
Death Note as a Harry Potter-verse wizarding play. I totally buy that.

Also, this is possibly the single most intelligent piece of writing that I have ever read. I cannot fathom how much research it took to reach a point where constructing this was possible, let alone actually writing hundreds of thousands of words about it.

Absolutely speechless.
AdmiralEpic13 chapter 24 . 1/19
That was a very SUBTLE Death Note reference. Almost as subtle as an elephant charging through a school carrying enough water to put out a house fire in buckets. Almost.
The Happy Cupcake chapter 24 . 1/5
HAHAHA I caught the total allusion to Death Note and metaphorically rolled around in it. So ironic because my main fanbase is Death Note and that's what I wrote most of my stories for and this is the first HP fanfiction I have ever read and I only began reading it because it was reccomended by a you tuber which I found because of Disney princess voice impressions which has nothing to do with Death Note, yet here I am reading my first HP fic which just so happens to have a blatant allusion to my favorite anime ever. Oh how I adore coincidences like this. Great story by the way, even though this was posted years ago and you, the author are probably long gone from the site by now. Still, I laughed for a long while on the hilarity of coincidental happenings.
Guest chapter 24 . 11/6/2016
L, did you know Death Eaters like apples?

Also, are the names Luit and Nikkie another fandom reference, or simply entirely random?
Rambling Drabble chapter 24 . 9/23/2016
1. The Death Note reference is just too good. Not to mention the part about Draco especially cheering "in the middle". Gets me every time. 'Specially the name of the "villain". The 13th book was one of my favorites.
2. Don't get the gargoyle reference, but it's a funny way to end that section regardless.
3. Well, now I've got ANOTHER book to read. Thanks a lot. Still, Chimpanzee Politics sounds fun enough.
Love4Lovegood chapter 24 . 9/20/2016
AAAAAAAAAAAA ["The Tragedy of Light"] AAAAAAAA DEATH NOTE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Love this fanfic, its incredibly awesome!
And thank you, Author, for bringing it to life!
blood-doll-aishiteru chapter 24 . 9/18/2016
Interesting.
Ellae chapter 24 . 9/3/2016
So a Death Note fan? I like it, and the obvious logic loophole of the whole series
sunset oasis chapter 24 . 9/2/2016
Their friendship is ... interesting to read.
Littwink chapter 24 . 8/27/2016
Holy s***! This story is too convoluted for words. I wish that this was a fanfiction where Harry is enlightened on what was the right side (usually the Dark), and that though he is betrayed by those that he trusted he sorts out those who are loyal to the death and he ends up with powers beyond the norm (whether this be political or power-threshold wise or by deduction and logic) and leads his followers to victory over the bigotry and creates a more prosperous world. . . But that world be too easy for this story. I'm not even a quarter way through and you've managed to turn all my preconceived notions of the Wizarding World over my head and I'm way out of my league and I'm just upset. In the most illogical way, I am upset at how difficult it is for Harry to make his way through his life. He's brilliant beyond words, yet is restricted by more rational ideals such as the Snape debacle in which I was cheering him on the whole way through but then is still proven to have done something wrong even though he stood up for his rights, the Neville situation where I felt incredibly guilty along with Harry even though we both felt that we were in the right, Granger is just— uggh! I really hope that they never get together in this story because I am a raving fan girl that does not like Harry being proven wrong— and his relationship with Draco which he really shouldn't trust (goddamn it Malfoy you better not dare stab in the back or I will— blah, blah, blah: you get the the picture). Overall, this story is simply too rational and is a world where Harry actually seems to be working for the betterment of the world for little to no gain and not one to turn to without a price. Not that this is undeserving of praise but this just blows my mind to smithereens! Not to mention the scientific theorems and paraphrased philosophical debates that you've just seemed to have thrown in like it was no one else's business! There are no way to italicize this but I will repeat: I am not even a quarter the way through with this story! By now I have raved about this story far longer than I have intended so I'll just end with: You're amazing! I'm not sure whether to take Tragedy of Light to heart and apply this reasoning to you for creating this version of Harry Potter (and I can't believe that there are 122 chapters of this incredibly intense story!) and I hope you're not horribly offended with my post since you'll probably be able to walk circles around me, but wow! Just— wow.
greycat chapter 24 . 8/22/2016
I'm too lazy to do it, but I couldn't help thinking it would be nice to have a wiki which lists all the outside references in each chapter. This makes me wonder whether someone else has actually done it already. I found a subreddit, so maybe that's as far as the idea has been taken so far.
Stannis is the one true king chapter 24 . 8/20/2016
Great story so far but Harry and Draco seem to be fucking idiots. Dumbledore is just odd, Quirrell is definitely working with Voldemort I can already see that and Hermione is manipulation central.
Banshee-024 chapter 24 . 6/4/2016
lawliet and light... remind me of death note lol
Colineo chapter 24 . 5/29/2016
The Death Note reference in this chapter was the best moment since "YOU GAVE ME A TIME MACHINE TO TREAT MY SLEEP DISORDER!".
Happy chapter 24 . 5/26/2016
So much plotting!
PrinceMittens chapter 24 . 5/10/2016
Oh wow. I never really thought of evolution in that way. I guess I was just one of those people going around thinking crazy ideas like human intelligence evolved to solve environmental problems. Interspecies competition actually makes a lot more sense.
Also, tragedy of Light... Death Note is awesome! XD
Bobby chapter 24 . 4/23/2016
I would just like to say that I absolutely love your story. One of my favorite parts has been the references to other stuff. I love Dune so that's awesome.
NerdLifeIsAGreatLife chapter 24 . 4/16/2016
Okay, I just got to this chapter in the PDF version and had to ask... 'The Tragedy of Light' that's basically Death Note isn't it, a ring that can kill people who Light knows the name and face of instead of a notebook. Just... I had to laugh at that Lol
Mr.DanPan chapter 24 . 4/12/2016
I just realised the tragedy of light is based off of death note
U.B.S chapter 24 . 3/29/2016
I died at the death note reference.
LazuriteSix chapter 24 . 3/24/2016
I thought you were about to ruin Death Note for me. Then I realized you were just being meta. So you're safe.
Guest chapter 24 . 3/2/2016
This fic is becoming so engaging! Even if some of the science flies over my head, I still get the gist of what's happening. I'm excited to continue this, and happy that there's so much more to read.
IllogicalMind chapter 24 . 2/13/2016
Death note reference
The Anguished One chapter 24 . 1/27/2016
Plotting against your friend, twisting logic so that you're still doing them the favor after betraying them... Yeah, a scientific Malfoy is extra dangerous. Hopefully Harry realizes the impending doom.
Montara chapter 24 . 1/22/2016
So Draco is still evil and seeks revenge : Maybe Harry will change him so much without him knowing, that Draco will develop...morals!
Minty chapter 24 . 1/3/2016
There's a play about Death Note and Draco has seen it

THERE'S A FUCKING-
Guest chapter 24 . 12/31/2015
AAAAAAAH! Death Note reference! AAAAAAH! SO AWESOME!
Pom Rania chapter 24 . 12/23/2015
Wait, the opening thing; is that a Dragaera reference?
IsileeTandem chapter 24 . 12/21/2015
Um...they're both too reliant on books. Neither of them have learned yet that not everything from any source is trustworthy. You shouldn't do anything by the book, and they're both stupid that way. They also should learn that to be equals is not actually a bad thing.
WatchingTheWatchman chapter 24 . 12/6/2015
You know, I didn't think it was possible for Draco to get more disturbing, but he managed it. He is clueless about what being a scientist means, but creepy nonetheless.

I can't wait to see what Harry plans to do to Rita Skeeter!
teabrows chapter 24 . 12/6/2015
The Tragedy of Light. I'm guessing this is actually Death Note.
ShadowLDrago chapter 24 . 10/16/2015
I dunno if a human would be able to have seen that coming, some humans are pretty stupid.
Gleas chapter 24 . 10/14/2015
This chapter reminds me of at least two crazy geniuses and their side-kicks (sort of); Holmes (Harry) and Watson (Draco) as well as Dr. House (Harry) and Dr. Cuddy (Draco) from House M.D.

The later pair is more apt as that too deals with science... and it's dead funny! Draco is predictably end up grudgingly accepting Harry knows best while forever trying to prove otherwise!
writingpenguin chapter 24 . 9/19/2015
Well-written but rather dragging. Still enjoyable though. On another note, I can't believe that you managed to sneak in Death Note of all things into a Harry Potter fan fiction so seamlessly. Kudos to you!
P. P. P chapter 24 . 9/13/2015
Shit, and here I was thinking that Draco would turn good eventually. Oh well, at least it's interesting.
CybeastFalzar chapter 24 . 9/5/2015
"The Tragedy of Light", huh? Nice, sneak a Death Note reference in...
Guest chapter 24 . 8/30/2015
I love this story but you make me feel stupid. I don't understand all this cleverness so I usually skim that part to get to the insanity.
Zyxis chapter 24 . 8/13/2015
Poor Draco. Poor, confused, foolish Draco. He will learn. But I must read so I can see him learn. w Excellent chapter.
Ariaenai chapter 24 . 8/8/2015
I can't believe Draco is planning revenge didn't he hurt Harry enough ?
Just saying this is a question u don't need to answer , keep writing I love to read your writing oxoxo
Vixray chapter 24 . 8/1/2015
OMG death note reference! I love it! I can't believe I JUST found this fanfic!
RemTheShinigami chapter 24 . 7/27/2015
I have to say that I love this fanfic! And that Death Note reference... awesome! :D
But about the genetics of magic, how can parents who both are magical get a squid child? That should be impossible unless the gene mutates.
Anyway, love this! :)
Jaywolf737 chapter 24 . 7/20/2015
Oh my word... All the deathnote references! Thank you so much: I'm crying. It's just so beautiful. I really am crying...
FancyFangirl chapter 24 . 7/16/2015
So far, I've only read a fourth of your fanfic, and let me just say it is AMAZING. Also, the Death Note reference tho.
Uniasus chapter 24 . 7/10/2015
I cannot tell you how badly this has taken over my life. I found this fic on tvtropes and just because it was there wanted to read it. So I started, and then the tea happened and things felt...familiar. But other things didn't. But the more I read, the more I felt like I had read this before and now I'm absolutely positive I did a few years previously.

Normally, I'd say that reading something this long once was enough, not worth it to reread it all. But as you can see, I'm on ch 24, who knows how many thousands of words into, and I might have to say the ride is better the second time around. (might have to do with the recent reading of the Foundation series) I'm loving this.
dechagny1 chapter 24 . 7/3/2015
OK, I've been reading non-stop the past 3 days (as far as my work/life allows of course) and I am constantly oscillating between being utterly and completely fascinated and being extremely nauseous. And I do mean physically nauseous. It definitely messes with my 't wait to see where all of this goes
AMPLIFY. THE. MUSIC chapter 24 . 6/10/2015
I saw the Death Note thing.

I blinked.

Rubbed my eyes.

Blinked again.

And laughed. That was such a non-subtle reference and I love Death Note, thanks for making my day with that reference.

-Amp. The. Music
percyjacksonfan28 chapter 24 . 5/26/2015
The tragedy of light is based off of death note isn't it?
Guest chapter 24 . 5/24/2015
That death note referance...
Concolor44 chapter 24 . 5/22/2015
Okay, now I'm dizzy.
PA chapter 24 . 5/19/2015
And on we go, further down the rabbit hole of rationality.
Guest chapter 24 . 5/14/2015
What happened to Ron?
demon edge chapter 24 . 4/30/2015
What are you smoking and where can I get some?!
Village-Mystic chapter 24 . 3/22/2015
Yes, this version of Harry Potter is an insufferable but reforming know-it-all - because he's learning that he does not know it all.
hisnhers chapter 24 . 3/20/2015
Oh dear me. Draco is going to take away all of Harry's dreams...

Draco is ticked and you never back a Malfoy into a corner unless you want to lose - maybe not now, but you will lose.

Darn and I thought Draco was going to be a good guy. Oh well there's still plenty of time for that to occur. Maybe.

-his
E13 chapter 24 . 3/17/2015
Surely you shouldn't get muggle-born wizards if it works like this?

If:

A Non - magic
a Magic

aa Wizard
AaSquib and
AA Muggle

Then you should never get a wizard from muggle parents, unless as a result of a direct genetic mutation converting A into a. As this would have to happen in the germ lines of both parents it seems implausible...
Your.Worst.Nightmare.1090 chapter 24 . 3/15/2015
...death note?
4everfictional chapter 24 . 3/13/2015
Oh you silly, silly boy. ;)
Jillian A.K chapter 24 . 3/8/2015
So Harry "totally sees that one coming", about what Draco's planning? That Draco is forgiving him only in the same way Harry forgave the Slytherins who beat him, because he is playing a role?
Berlin chapter 24 . 3/7/2015
The Tragedy of Light. SIRIUSLY?! THIS IS AN EPIC AWESOME FANFIC ABOUT SCIENCE AND HARRY POTTER, AND THEN YOU ADD DEATH NOTE?! Just... please... ACCEPT THE KNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE AWESOME! This is such a siriusly, perfectly, epicly awesome fanfic!
Ahem. Anyway, I love your writing!
Reaper8439979 chapter 24 . 2/13/2015
So... That play with Light the Slytherin was totally based off of Death Note.
D chapter 24 . 2/13/2015
Allusions I've caught so far:

Alice in Wonderland
The Great Gatsby
F*cking Death Note, bahahaha
ZapTheMutant chapter 24 . 2/8/2015
*Drags Draco into dark secluded room and punches in face* YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
SortingHat chapter 24 . 1/3/2015
Is it just me or does it seem like Christians don't really understand evolution. I don't think it's because they are ignorant unlike what the brainwashing MSM tells you to believe.

I think it's more of the fact they only see bits and pieces so draw up conclusions dismissing the rest and same for those who try to mix politics with science which only blows back in their face.

Science and politics are never meant to be together like water and electricity.
TheButterflyComposer chapter 24 . 12/24/2014
Unless Draco is still more powerful and more intelligent than Potter at the end of this story (improbable, given the story focus), this line of thinking is not going to end well for him.
I actually enjoyed them both working together and outsmarting everyone else (because that genuinely happens when two very clever people meet most of the time), though of course it makes perfect sense that they will end up killing each other (also something that happens a lot with clever people).
Depends, I suppose, the other members of the conspiracy are. I doubt any Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff or Gryffindor is going to be marching under Malfoy's fife.
Sweet Things Make Me Smile chapter 24 . 12/2/2014
My word, you used references from my favorite anime/manga, Death Note! You have made me love this fic more. (Which, I think, is extremely hard, considering my already existing appreciation for it.
xikum chapter 24 . 11/29/2014
Yeah, Draco - good luck with that one (not)! Loved the title of this chapter.
Masquerade72 chapter 24 . 11/29/2014
Did you... Did you just... make a Death Note reference in a Harry Potter Fanfic?! This story just got 20x better!
Alibi Nonsense chapter 24 . 11/22/2014
I just love this unexpected Death-Note reference. XD It was just so perfect.
N. E. Person chapter 24 . 11/12/2014
Poor Harry. He's befriended Draco the Idiot. :)
MEIPHANTOMHIVE chapter 24 . 9/19/2014
LIGHT?
LAWLIET?!
KILL SOMEONE WITH AN ANCIENT RING?!
TO 'CLEANSE THE WORLD OF EVIL'?!
I AM SEEING A DEATH NOTE SITUATION!
godlet chapter 24 . 9/11/2014
Omg
Draco is like: HARRY POTTER schemes schemes SCIIIENCE? NO. A TRICK. ANOTHER TRICK! THERES TRICKS OVERFLOWING FROM HIS ASS! TO MANY PLANS! AAAAAAAAAA HARRY POTTER
But then Harry is like: Science - :D. Draco - :. Hermione - :U. SciENCE - 8D. Quirrel - :O. Dumbledore - :?. McGonagoll - :).

Despite crowing about science and logic all of the time, Harry is very emotionally oriented.
MrSir17 chapter 24 . 8/2/2014
Death note reference?
...dem magical play writes be plagerizing
thepkrmgc chapter 24 . 8/2/2014
Nice job finishing up Draco's arc, I like your take on slytherin as the "cunning politicians" house instead of the "stupid evil" one, Scientist!Draco should make for a powerful second in command to Harry if he can be kept in check
A Watcher chapter 24 . 7/13/2014
This is a great story. It's intelligent, informative, funny, snarky, and quite well written. And you quoted Phillip K. Dick. And you didn't use just any quote, you used my Favorite Quote. 13 Watcher Points.

-A Watcher (you know the one)
Jesper Yagami chapter 24 . 7/6/2014
Plays involving people who are smarter than the woman who invented the play are not bound to be unrealistic at all, but of course you know this and why that is :) Nice one. What a horrifying torture spell...
Guest chapter 24 . 6/23/2014
But would a human have really "totally seen that one coming"? The whole Chimpanzee Politics things sounded a whole lot like (a simplified version of) the War of the Roses to me. Yeroen is Henry VII, Nikkie is Edward IV, and Luit is a Richard Neville (aka Warwick the Kingmaker) who manages not to be defeated by Edward/Nikkie reclaiming the throne. I'm sure there's a more contemporary example too, I just can't think of one.
Tallman7 chapter 24 . 6/13/2014
I like the Death Note reference.
Guest chapter 24 . 6/10/2014
Deathnote?
silverrain-shiningsun chapter 24 . 5/17/2014
'Cause, y'know, a human would have totally seen that one coming.

*dies*
A Redheaded Devil chapter 24 . 4/16/2014
Lol, someone's been reading Death Note...
Jesse Adams-Luko chapter 24 . 3/9/2014
Nice Deathnote reference.
LightningX678 chapter 24 . 1/18/2014
Wow a Death Note reference
Grizzmon chapter 24 . 1/13/2014
Oh Draco, Draco, you fool.
TheeCritic chapter 24 . 1/12/2014
OMG The Death Note thing! Is it actually a real play?
( wiki/Death_Note:_The_Tragedy_of_Light_Yagami) (remove parenthesis)
Makokam chapter 24 . 1/8/2014
...
Okay. So.
Lord of The Rings? Of course. Almost unavoidable, really.
Star Wars? Sure. Okay. No problem.
Death Note. DEATH NOTE. /REALLY/?!
And then, THEN you slip in a reference to the source of the term "Xanatos Gamibt" while describing a Xanatos Gambit.

Now I can't help but wonder just how many little side references I'm not getting. There could be hundreds of the damn things!

I can't believe this. It's madness.
X-elemental chapter 24 . 12/14/2013
"Don't worry," Harry Potter said cheerfully. "It's nothing that threatens your family's interests, just me being evil."

Huh. Well it's interesting how nicely Draco accepts this while Quirell and Dumbledore made being a dark lord big deal.
The Scribbly Knave chapter 24 . 12/14/2013
Am I right to mention I think your Harry here is Autistic or has Aspergers as well as being a prodigy child? I like him a lot, autistic people identify better with other people and characters with those traits. xxx
Guest chapter 24 . 12/2/2013
Whoo!
Death Note reference!
z1dytd12901z7018273f18y2f31238 chapter 24 . 11/16/2013
Wow, I seem to be saying 'wow' a lot in my reviews but that's because this story is worthy of that. Seriously, this chapter astounded and shocked me beyond words.

1) Draco's hestitancy in the conversation between him and Harry was perfect. You could tell from both of their dialogue and description what they were thinking and feeling, even though it wasn't specifically said so in the text. You could tell that Draco was hesitant and nervous of getting in trouble, and that Harry was indifferent/apologetic/moral about it.
2) (Though this is based off the first point) Judging from Harry's answers and explanation alone to Draco's questions, it's pretty clear what he did after Professor Flitwick came to get him. I marvel at your ability to paint a storyline without actually saying anything, how you satisfied the curiosity of the readers wondering at the events after that, yet managed to shift the emphasis on another greater plot line.
3) The paragraph where Draco reflects that Harry could possibly be manipulating him into rebelling against Harry and trying to hurt him is truly majestic. It really shows the intensity of the story, and I love how the description constantly compares it to a game, with all the pieces and stuff. And I have a feeling Harry is manipulating Draco perfectly well.
4) Another thing about this story is Draco's role, and his personality. I've always thought that in the original books, although he was outwardly fierce and seemingly tough, he was only following his father's words and the family shadow, and he didn't really amount to anything. The Draco in this story has more backbone because he sticks up for his own beliefs and not his parents, because he's good at manipulating (even though he definitely doesn't top Harry) and I think you have taken his characterization far beyond any level the Draco in the original Harry Potter series would've hoped to achieve. I think this is really interesting, and now I'm interested in any Harry/Draco interaction because of his character.

Wow, this story is amazing!
Neloska chapter 24 . 10/15/2013
Ok, another thing I am confused about. It is very unlikely that whether you have magic really depends on only two "papers". After all that would mean, that two magical parents simply CAN'T have a squib child (something which supposedly does happen, considering Augusta Longbottom's fear that Neville is a squib) and everytime this happened would mean the wife was unfaithful (with a muggle or a squib). Also it would mean everytime a wizard has children with a muggle they can have only squib children, and if this was truly the case wouldn't pureblood purists already have noticed it and used it as proof that wizards shouldn't breed with non-magicals? This doesn't seem to be the case...
I don't know if I take Harry's experiments too seriously. 28 test candidates isn't really enough to build a study on. Maybe it is geonna be the same as with his idea that magic is fading and gonna be disproved in a few chapters and all my confusion was for nothing...
Guest chapter 24 . 8/28/2013
watch?vznxFrgql5dc appropriate, I think.
Immortal Genius chapter 24 . 8/26/2013
Death Note reference duly noted.
Michael Barr chapter 24 . 8/1/2013
This line: "J. K. Rowling coils and strikes, unseen; Orca circles, hard and lean" sounds just like something Steven K Z Brust would have written.
Kay chapter 24 . 7/28/2013
I really like this fic because of all the science, and it's well written too. However, if I am understanding Harry correctly, this bit about genetics is pretty iffy.

I always imagined that magic was an autosomal recessive trait, which would explain the spontaneous appearance of Muggleborns. Squibs could then be the equivalent of a 'disease' borne by another autosomal recessive mutation of some kind on some gene that indirectly affects the ability of a person with magic to do magic.

This hypothesis from Harry doesn't really make sense. If two magical parents both have magic, then how in the world could their kid end up with a non magic allele? It's possible I read this wrong though...
Redbookbluebook chapter 24 . 7/26/2013
Greatly appreciated the Death Note reference; it made my heart swoon with fangirly joy. I am really enjoying this fic because it is making me think, as well as question things I wouldn't otherwise.
scorpioneldar chapter 24 . 7/9/2013
hmmmm intersting harry ruminates on the idea of ape betrayal and claims a human would see it coming while draco stands next to him planing said betrayal "for his own good ish" in a manner that reminds me of Dumbledore in the original books
draco is far to familiar with xantos gambits and death note (finally watched it!) for anyone's good
however i suspect that harry runs a mix of batman gambit and long view chess with a bit of xantos speed chess thrown in there for good measure
should be fun
if i remember right he also plays games in the future by my own version of chess which i have never heard of from anyone else
namely if you are losing or just don't know how you are doing (and have no plan to remedy the situation) make a random move while showing complete confidence and study how your opponent reacts take this data and play to win or repeat for more data
confuse opponent or cause them to ignore your moves if they figure it out
so far even people vastly better than me fall to this they either react to my move such that i learn a weakness of theres and reasons i might have ment to do that
they become nervous and try to figure out what i am doing
or they figure out what i am doing there causing them to ignore my real plot when i finally come up with it assuming that i am being random
4th or 5th time im am rereading your story now as you have been without update long enough for me to find enjoyment out of re reading this again im genuinely surprised by the humor again this time in the style that i have not been since i first read your wonderful work
on to read some more
also nice title drop at the end of the chapter
ZenaraTheDragon chapter 24 . 7/8/2013
"Yendi coils and strikes, unseen; Orca circles, hard and lean."
From Stephen Brust's 'Jhereg' and accompanying series.
AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO GOT THAT. I CAN'T BE. BUT I HAVE A HORRIBLE SUSPICION THAT I AM. THAT CAN'T BE. NO REALLY. I NOW KNOW THERE'S AT LEAST ONE OTHER PERSON WHO'S ENCOUNTERED THESE BOOKS.
Guest chapter 24 . 7/3/2013
...:D you referenced death note!...sorry, I had to get that out!
Anon chapter 24 . 7/3/2013
I was all sad because Draco's magic thing was reminding me of a God thing, and I was really upset, and then you mentioned Death Note, and everything was better, which is weird because Death Note was a bit depressing, but there was a bunch of symbolism, and I live for that stuff.
DeathbladeMeister chapter 24 . 6/29/2013
Okay, this is now AMAZING. Wizards stole DEATH NOTE. You are incredible.
Dragonlord1199 chapter 24 . 6/4/2013
Aaaaaargh NO NO NO NONONONO a RING no, why a RING!? You could have at least made it a book...
SongCoyote chapter 24 . 5/30/2013
Holy carp this whole series is an intensely good read, beginning to end, at least up to Chapter 24 which is where I am now. So what prompted me to write a review on this chapter?

The reference at the very top of the chapter to one of my favorite series, about a certain Jhereg... and the fact that a quick search of the other comments revealed that NOT ONE caught it (or at least, not one mentioned it! I don't even know what the Death Note reference they were talking about is; I'm just tickled to be in cahoots on Vlad with the author.

So, thanks for a truly excellent story that has had me googling like mad to understand at times, and also for a shared moment of appreciation for another great writer.

Light and laughter,
songCoyote
LightsPast chapter 24 . 5/29/2013
Yay, Death Note reference! This story just keeps getting better and better :D Draco's plotting. . . XD So funny! Love this story!
alotofletters chapter 24 . 5/2/2013
Was that a reference to Death Note in this chapter? If so, I love this story even more. Keep up the awesome work. :D
rgstarzinski chapter 24 . 5/2/2013
Wonderful Deathnote reference. Really loving this whole story.
Spica75 chapter 24 . 4/25/2013
Neat story. Amusing. _

Comment on chapter "M. Intelligence hypothesis":
Nah, lots of humans wouldnt have seen that coming, failing to see things like that happens every day. In fact, it probably happens TOO often for the public good.

And the more serious research being done about differences in intelligence between humans and non-humans, the more they tend to show that the difference isnt nearly as big as once thought.

In the last 20 years, ive seen the common estimations on non-human intelligence levels being raised at least 5 times, twice being pretty darn big raises(one initially spawned by the chimp that learned to combine picture board and sign language to convey quite a lot of information, the other spawned by finding several birds who didnt just copy human speech, but showed actual understanding of it(2 parrots and a raven IIRC) and getting fairly advanced in developing their own "conversational skills" so to speek, being able to correctly relate "what happened 3 days ago" or remember that they were told "ill give you this the day after tomorrow if youre on good behaviour today", ie. things that simple triggers just cant emulate).

Basically, looks like its a paradigm shift incoming.

Just like with how science is now slowly taking the old idea of the heart being something more than just a pump back up. Ironically, the old idea of the heart as the center of emotion, dismissed so completely by science, is showing signs of possibly being correct, to some degree at the least(not exactly something easy to experiment with, but research and observation on people who underwent heart transplants are giving some fairly big and bright neon signs pointing in that direction at least).
psychicshipping chapter 24 . 4/24/2013
Death Note Reference and I can't help but thinking that reference to 'eternally looping Thursday' a few chapters ago was a reference too, but I can't quiet put my finger on it.
KamiByul chapter 24 . 4/20/2013
This story is fantastic! It amuses me how Harry thinks a lot like me, and I love how you incorporated Death Note into this. Definatly made my day :D
Anonia chapter 24 . 4/16/2013
Did you just...?! Really? Death Note? That is SO COOL! Okay, so, I hope you didn't put L's real name in there, because I haven't finished it yet and I don't want to know (though a horrible friend told me I wouldn't like the ending).

Hermione's conclusion that she and Harry are 'having a Romance' made me groan. She's doing that female thing, where we come to really off the wall conclusions and then accept them as truth without getting any sort of confirmation.

Harry is a good scientist. He's done well with convincing Draco that his blood purity ideas are stupid. I love your Draco, by the way. He's exactly what Draco should have been (the son of Darth Vader).
The Three March Hares chapter 24 . 4/14/2013
You would use Death Note, wouldn't you.

I can't wait to see this development with Draco, but will we ever get there since we're 87 chapters in and still in year one?
loneliest baby chapter 24 . 4/11/2013
And did Light's last name happen to be Yagami?

:P
WeirdCornChip chapter 24 . 3/24/2013
Wow lol the tragedy of light was based on death note XD
Awesome chapter 24 . 2/27/2013
The Tragedy of Light... Damn, this fic got anime references all over the damn place! First Naruto in your omake, now Death Note...Lol, first I was like, there's no way that they mean Death Note...and then I read Lawliet, and I was just like "MOTHER OF SHITTING HELL, THEY DO MEAN DEATH NOTE!"
Endless Strategy Games chapter 24 . 2/21/2013
I agree that L revealing his face was stupid, and the third kira plan was terribly convoluted, but do you seriously think that nearly every part of Death Note is riddled with mistakes?
theInsaneArtist chapter 24 . 2/17/2013
... Harry should have probably started with something a bit simpler to teach Draco. You can't just jump into science like that. I mean, you can, but it's easier to just start with the basics, otherwise you'll just end up smiling and nodding and not really understanding what's going on. You can't teach someone how to draw a person without teaching them how to draw shapes first.
But then, not everyone is a born teacher, and I doubt Harry has had to teach anyone before.
reader chapter 24 . 2/10/2013
What I hate about this story is that I have to be fully awake to comprehend it.
I love the challenge for my brain, but your complex terminology offers disappointingly trivial content.
Compared to the effort to decipher, what you are writing about and follow your contemplations, there is suprisingly little to actually think about.
It is FUN to scientify the mundane and, I guess, I shouldn't ask for more here.
But since it seems there is nothing you cant accomplish, I beg you to put in more insight, content or inspiration.
Sorry for the criticism. The story is FANTASTIC AND FUNNY!
Enei Emmu chapter 24 . 2/3/2013
The Tragedy of Light. That is without doubt the most fantastic Death Note reference ever.
petalene chapter 24 . 1/27/2013
Ohhh! I think we have some foreshadowing. Every time I think I have a grip on this story, everything shifts. It's one amazing twist after another.
Death2Ignorance chapter 24 . 1/27/2013
the play 'The Tragedy of Light' sounds very much like death note... is there actually a play such as this or was it an adaptation of deathnote for the purposes of this story?
chibi-esque chapter 24 . 1/20/2013
the death note reference killed me
Guest chapter 24 . 1/19/2013
Dude! You totally ripped off death note! Not cool!
Franchezka chapter 24 . 1/8/2013
Hahaha! The Tragedy of Light!? Ya mean Death Note right? Funny
Sumguy chapter 24 . 1/8/2013
BTW, it's deoxyribonucleic acid, not " deoxyribose nucleic acid".
BiblioMatsuri chapter 24 . 1/3/2013
1. The title of this chapter makes perfect sense in context.

2. What happens when the skinny little smart guy beats the big guy?
A) The smart guy forgets that the next big guy could snap him like a twig.
B) Everyone who saw him win will also forget that, and be too scared of the smart guy to go against him.

3. Harry and Draco are both smart guys.

4. I'm not sneaky enough to have a clue how this will end up (not to mention I don't have all the facts yet, like "who's leaving Harry notes"), but one thing's for sure. Everyone is going to be manipulating everyone else at some point.
Near chapter 24 . 1/2/2013
I love this story so far! :) This is honestly the best Harry Potter fanfic I have ever read. Oh, and I see what you did there with the Death Note reference. _
Fullmetal11791 chapter 24 . 12/31/2012
1 for th Dune reference and another 1 for th death note reference. Although I do wonder what I have missed now...
WildCard-Yes Man chapter 24 . 12/19/2012
Why do I get the feeling that this is going to horribly backfire on Draco...
StrangeoneXD chapter 24 . 12/18/2012
I really like reading Draco's view on things. It was interesting, the different viewpoints I mean. I really have to wonder who will end up where though
Riverfury chapter 24 . 12/6/2012
Nice Death note reference in the middle. :)
Allebasii chapter 24 . 11/14/2012
""Father had once taken him to see a play called The Tragedy of Light, about this incredibly clever Slytherin named Light who'd set out to purify the world of evil using an ancient ring that could kill anyone whose name and face he knew, and who'd been opposed by another incredibly clever Slytherin, a villain named Lawliet, who'd worn a disguise to conceal his true face""

oh my god. DEATH NOTE!
Guest chapter 24 . 8/29/2012
I have read this fan-fic at least three times and I JUST got the Death Note reference
EveBB chapter 24 . 8/19/2012
Another fabulous chapter. I feel like Malfoy though - trying to understand Harry's convoluted plots lays the way to madness. How does Harry keep his thoughts straight?
voodooqueen126 chapter 24 . 8/1/2012
Well. Wouldn't a decline in wizards having large families lead to a decline in wizarding numbers generally (as the recessive wizarding gene would fail to get passed on).
Whilst the fact that especially hard working or briliant wizards like Dumbledore fail to have children means that the genes for high intelligence that make someone a better wizard don't get passed on?
thekiralee chapter 24 . 7/31/2012
Oh God. Death Note reference xD Nice one.
Inaswirlofsnow chapter 24 . 7/18/2012
I can only say I've been quite angry at you since I discovered this fic yesterday - I've been unable to accomplish anything productive since, and my eyes have really been quite unfairly abused.

But I enjoyed 'the tragedy of light' entirely too much to not finally review and say that I reallyreally really love this awesomecool fic and can only hope I finish it soon so I can get back to my life.

Very sincerely,
Satirica chapter 24 . 7/16/2012
Draco is plotting to overthrow Harry Potter? (what am I saying- it's not like he's ruler of a dynasty or anything- well, he's part of a conspiracy; I guess that counts). They're both pretty smart for eleven-year-olds...although outsmarting Harry would be difficult. Good luck, Draco-
PinkMusicalCherry chapter 24 . 6/29/2012
Where did you learn 20% of human metabolic activity fed the brain? Haha. I'm studying psychology and one of years has to be dedicated to designing an experiment/writing a thesis - and I figured, somehow, I could predict humans with faster metabolism are more intelligent than those with slower metabolism! Kind of weird, if all geniuses were skinny.
Natalya.Corinth chapter 24 . 6/26/2012
Wizard Death Note. It should happen.

I melted into the floor when I noticed that reference-and just when I thought you couldn't be a more awesome author.

No, really, you've left us aspiring writers in the dust. I can't turn away from this, and even when life interferes with me reading the story, I'm constantly thinking about how utterly different this particular universe is compared to Rowling's.

You've captured the truest essences of each character, but because Harry's outlook and perception is so altered by this version of his upbringing, they interact with him in an unfamiliar, yet non-contradictory manner.

Thanks to this story, I now adore Dumbledore again. Thank you so much; I can't wait to read the rest of the story. :D
fuck signing in chapter 24 . 5/7/2012
oh god death note
kitsuneluvuh chapter 24 . 4/26/2012
Kudos on the Death Note ref.
Sin Oan chapter 24 . 4/24/2012
If Lucius thinks the schemes in Death Note are too convoluted, he better make sure he never watches the original series of Mission: Impossible. He'd have a fit.
foreverhope23 chapter 24 . 4/21/2012
Hey there!

My best friend and I have been enjoying your story for quite a few days now (it's amazing how much you can read in one sitting when you're unemployed.) I've got some questions for the story, and a few cannon-picks, if you'd like them. Feel free to ignore them if you don't. And either way, please read them in a I'm-only-pointing-these-things-out-because-I-think-that-your-story-is-worthwhile tone of voice. I only ever review worthwhile stories, and I only EVER offer feedback to the ones I really like.

Anyhow, notes if you want 'em (ignore 'em if you don't):

In HP cannon, Muggleborns are significantly more common than squibs. Squibs seem to be super duper rare. And they have specific abilities (ex: the ability to see Dementors) that Muggles don't. If I understood Harry's genetics theory correctly, and the "magical gene" is recessive, it doesn't account for these differences. Actually, I can't think of any plausible scientific theory that would account for this difference. Must just be magic :)

But I realize that genetics are far more complicated than this story describes, and I'm not a scientist, so I also may be missing something.

Next, a clarification question: how did the Death Eaters continue to function as a group once Voldemort fell? In cannon most of them were killed or imprisoned, and the rest had to lay very low for fear of the same fate. What kind of activity are they currently up to in this story?

Third, a question for you: what do you do for a living? Just wondering what a person does with brains like these :)

Fourth: Does Draco know that Lily Potter was Muggleborn? Does Harry even know that? I don't know what he knows about his grandparents, but he certainly knows that Petunia "doesn't hold with such nonsense." So he must at least have his suspicions.

I'm basically just wondering who, at this point, knows that Harry is a half-blood.

Also, and I'm sorry to cannon nit-pick (so ignore this if you like) but Quirrell was a Ravenclaw, according to Rowling. It's not in the books, but it is on Pottermore. *shrugs*

I like that this world isn't black and white. I still can't figure out how I should feel about Quirrell. Or Harry, for that matter. I like how complex he is. Still so well-intentioned, but dangerously close to giving in to the temptations of power. I'm interested to see what becomes of this world.

I love your descriptions of Hermione. The bits that follow her closely capture her perfectly.

I'm enjoying the science in the story as well. I'm generally a right-brained creative type, so it does me good to use my dusty left-brain every now and again. I'm learning a lot.

I hope this review was helpful.

Looks like you have a great following already built up for this 'verse. Keep it up!

~Amanda/Hope
kattastic999 chapter 24 . 4/3/2012
Oh, Draco. I'm afraid Science doesn't work that way.
phantomsonic chapter 24 . 4/2/2012
My heart sang when I saw the obvious Death Note reference.
The Blind One chapter 24 . 2/26/2012
Funny how Draco's explanation of Dumbledore's behaviour can perfectly explain this incident, even though it's just about totally wrong.

That's quite a sentence there, Harry. You might want to take a breath at some point.

Draco is *such* a cynical Slytherin.

Come to think of it, I wonder why virtually all the canon pureblood students seem to be only children. JKR's infamous "oh dear, maths" attitude, I guess - why have siblings unless there's comically many of them (the Weasleys) or there's some plot purpose to them (the Dumbledores, both branches of the Blacks, etc.)

I have never seen Death Note, and recognize this shout-out solely because I've hung around TVTropes too long. I guess that's a good thing? On that note (ha) "Rule of Three," eh?

Huh, this "make the one think that that the other knows that he knows that he knows that..." strongly reminds me of canon!Snape.

"The playwright would have tried to take over the world himself instead of just writing plays about it." Poking fun at yourself here? Or are you secretly actually taking over the world, and this is your clever strategy?

The culture clash here is brilliant. Harry really is alien, isn't he?

"Harry still dipped in the lone sunbeam, Draco in shadow." Yay symbolism!

Lucius' putative reaction cracks me up.

As does the Narrative Profanity Filter of Draco thinking bad words.

"Foolish gargoyles who always ended up furthering the hero's plans." Why, I wonder what *that* could refer to? This is a really trope-y chapter.
just another reader chapter 24 . 2/23/2012
I just finished readin chapter 24...and I think that ur crazy or extreamly brilliant...anyways I just wanted to say that u made Draco sound like sasuke from the naruto manga...dnt reply it's a stupid review anyway
Kay chapter 24 . 2/11/2012
This chapter on the inheritance of magic helped me ace my biology final. Half of the final was about interpreting my professor's fictional experiments and data collection and coming to certain conclusions about the inheritance of magic in Harry Potter. Ironically, fanfiction actually helped me do well on an exam... I don't think I would have realized the second theory on multiple alleles or how the other one managed to trump it.
Channitut chapter 24 . 1/30/2012
Death Note is awesome.
Chinky123 chapter 24 . 1/8/2012
the tragedy of light seems a lot like deathnote...has you seen/read it!
OakenheaD chapter 24 . 1/2/2012
Robert - Yes, it is.
Robert chapter 24 . 1/2/2012
I have more of a question than a critique, but will keep in mind anything a think of for future feedback.

My Question: Is the play Draco mentions based off of the popular manga/anime series Death Note?
Silver Miko-Youkai chapter 24 . 12/18/2011
I'm loving his fic, and although I'm not done yet, I just had to mention...

Best Death Note reference ever. XD
hibble chapter 24 . 12/13/2011
You have intrigued me greatly. Thank you. Some rorsarchian thoughts that popped up:

1. When Harry was trying to escape the locked room- reminded me of Batman. As the only great superhero without superpowers save his iron will and sharp wit, believing that nothing can withstand the onslaught of a powerful mind- rather like Harry faced with such staggering odds against powerful enemies.

2. The play anecdote with Lucius- you're a man writing about taking over the world too, and all too self-aware. Kudos.

3. Dumbledoring. Bunburying. How does Oscar Wilde find you?

Well, there were much more, but my brain can only hold so much. Also, I find you returning to the same few concepts again and again. I guess those are ones that pervade your mind and philosophy of life, but... I find I have the same problem. It's the same few ideas rehashed again and again. The quotation about most people believing they are thinking whilst only rearranging their prejudices come to mind.

As a 5th year biology student, I thought your metaphor for DNA replication, mitosis and meiosis was not at all elegant or particularly accurate. There are limits to your vast intellect, and kindly note them carefully. And the different methods of inheritance too. But it brought back memories of old lectures. :)

Lastly, Hermione may be an anomaly. One swallow does not a summer make (Pardon if I'm using this phrase mistakenly- english isn't my first language). Biostatistics (sample size, variance, etc.) may prove interesting to you. That particular argument doesn't hold.

But all in all, fantastic work. Made me think, made all of us think. And all those bon mots- fantastic. Thank you for crafting this labour of love, and I hope you may keep honing your vast, varied talents. Reading through some of your well-deserved, glowing reviews, I have to agree. :) And as a former gifted child, thank you for creating a character I can identify with. (The loneliness and isolation, I mean, not the other stuff.)

You have my gratitude, sir.
la chapter 24 . 11/6/2011
Ha, a Death Note allusion.
Asparagus chapter 24 . 10/15/2011
...Okay, you have made a Death Note reference. Are you me from the future?

Wait, no. That made no sense.

Are you me from the future who went several years into the past?

Gahhhhh.
Beknownst chapter 24 . 10/10/2011
Ummm... Is it weird that this Malfoy is freakin' me out? Is it weird that this Draco seems more evil, more human and more Dark (Darker?) than Draco Prime? Is it weird that I wish there were a Draco in my life so I could be privy to their epicness?
Music596 chapter 24 . 10/10/2011
Hi, it's me again. The mildly creepy game girl. Sooo...I was reading along and suddenly stopped. Reread the passage. Stopped. Reread it again. And giggled. What passage, you may ask? "Father had once taken him to see a play called The Tragedy of Light, about this incredibly clever Slytherin named Light who'd set out to purify the world..." blah blah blah. And I claim this to be Death Note! I love Death Note! You get five points. And five more for smaller references I like. That's fifteen reference points (the first five for Ender's Game). My biggest winner had 35, but I'm sure you can beat that. I wish you the best of luck, contestant.
AlbinoButterfly chapter 24 . 10/1/2011
This story is MIND BLOWING.

Hmm. You seem to have switched the minds of Harry Potter and Artemis Fowl.

Draco saw Death Note as an old play? Oh wow. Oh wow wow wow wow.

This story has gotten so epic I'm not sure anything could make it more so.

I expect I'll be eating those words in a chapter or two.
AR chapter 24 . 9/21/2011
Diabolical...absolutely diabolical..

It must have been a very interesting head to come up with all details in this plot without overdoing it..

Also, question: is the "Tragedy of Light" inspired by "Death Note"?
templar627 chapter 24 . 9/11/2011
That was literally the most convoluted chapter I have ever read in my life, also I really like how Draco turned out.
Megan McAlistair chapter 24 . 8/29/2011
Tragedy of Light?

I should make a Note to look that one up

silly bedtime stories about foolish gargoyles who always ended up furthering the hero's plans every time they tried to stop him?

a reversal of the classic David and Goliath story?

a Beauty and Beast tale played straight and even adressed in-story?

a last name that's in the minds of countless of people that wasted hours of their lives on a single website?

egregious
ironhair chapter 24 . 8/28/2011
This was a bit confusing to me about what draco actually wants and is planning to do.. I mean I get what he's planning to do, but I'm not clear what he wanted to do earlier..

I'm just confused about what's going on with draco.. and if harry knows or is oblivious.
Mrfuji3 chapter 24 . 8/12/2011
lol don't trust those Shinigami!

Omg I laughed so hard when reading that paragraph. Definitely the most enjoyable part of the story so far. Good job sir, I salute you.

But really, this story is great so far and I expect it only to get better as it goes on, due to the vast number of reviews you have gotten.

eh that's it for now
Guest chapter 24 . 8/6/2011
I have another idea: What if having magic has little to nothing to do with genetics and is instead based on environmental factors?

For instance, the child, during some part of it's development, is exposed to something that enables it to perform magic. Or exposure to this 'magic field' along with certain genes causes them to grow to be able to perform magic. If the child isn't exposed to this magic 'something' in a certain time frame of it's development, or is not exposed enough, it simply can't perform magic later in life. I can also think of possible evidence to back this up, though without tests it's simple conjecture.

heehee This is fun! :D
un4getabl3mem0ries chapter 24 . 7/25/2011
I liked your Death Note reference (: Like one reviewer said, it would be brilliant if you wrote a DN fic someday.
Noremac1 chapter 24 . 7/19/2011
Yay Deathnote references! This is quite spectacular, by the way. And I sort of understand most of it(kind of)!
Triangular Reasoning chapter 24 . 7/19/2011
Ugh, gotta say, I am a bit disappointed that we didnt get to see how Harry and Hermione's first date when. XD
Isa Knightwalker chapter 24 . 7/17/2011
Interesting, can't wait to see if Draco does learn to trust Harry more. And lol Harry.
Ruin Dun Burnit chapter 24 . 7/15/2011
The Great and All-Power Mr Wrong,

I have been reading this fic for a long while now, and I've only reviewed now. Sorry about that.

I will review the other chapters in due time, but I just wanted to take this opportunity by the balls to say this, whether someone has already done so or not.

"Ah... the obligatory Death Note reference... I'd never thought we'd sink that low."

There, done. No regrets!

I'm loving this so far, this is brilliant. You must make this available to be sold in book form, if you can, and have most of the money go to a charity, with J.K's approval (just need to get that first). The rest of the money can fund the actual publication and printing, that sort of thing - unless you're already minted, in which case, you shouldn't be a tighhtwad and must therefore give all to charity if possible. Ah well, just a suggestion.

Thanks, oh Omniscient one!

Ruin Takada

P.S. It is one of my goals to write a Death Note/Harry Potter fic, and it'd be great if you could find time to give hints and helps every now and again. If you could, that would be simply awesome.

P.P.S. I find it is common courtesy to read and review at least one fic written by a reviewer. I know most (if not all) of my stories are Death Note fics, but I'd appreciate it if you could.
Amy-chan123 chapter 24 . 7/8/2011
Ohoho, is that a Death Note reference I see there?
Joel chapter 24 . 7/6/2011
Hi Less Wrong,

I am so far enjoying this story quite a bit. As a scientist, it is fun to think of the combination of science and magic. It's funny though, compared to the other ways of scientific thinking your Harry has demonstrated, his explanation of genetics was rather awful. In the context of the story, I understood that Harry was merely trying to teach Draco about DNA. It was a total departure from your earlier character though. The main thing was that Harry ascribed the passing on of paternal/maternal copy of DNA to luck. I don't think any geneticist or evolutionary biologist worth their salt thinks that genes get passed on by luck, particularly one so putatively advantageous as magic. Especially when Dumbledore and Harry both admitted that the universe functions according to laws, and that just because we didn't understand them doesn't mean they don't exist. Furthermore, I think the real question is not how magic is transmitted (mendelian or otherwise). Rather, I think the real question is why do non-magic people still exist? Magic seemingly offers a competitive advantage in every single possible scenario. However, Muggles are in the vast majority. Therefore, being a muggle must confer profound benefits to be able to resist the competition presented by Magical people. Also, I think this offers a more challenging argument to Malfoy's general perspective than simply disproving the decay of magic. It is rather akin to the question of how sex persists in the presence of asexual competitors. If you would like more reading on this, I suggest John Maynard Smith's The Evolution of Sex. Given that your Harry is a self-proclaimed genius, I would have thought he show more advanced understanding of evolution than a high school kid. Other than that, I really enjoy reading this story. I hope you don't take my criticism negatively, just that Harry seemed a little inconsistent when investigating magical genetics compared to his earlier planning. I am excited to read the rest of this!

Thank you!
Theosaur chapter 24 . 7/4/2011
I am incredibly excited for the rest of this story. I do wish I was offering constructive writing criticism, but to be honest you know how to write and these early chapters were written long enough ago that you've likely matured past any mistakes I'd point out anyway. So, I'll limit myself to gushing (and gratitude for the introduction to Less Wrong. These Sequences make for interesting reading material, to say the least).
Lectorem chapter 24 . 7/3/2011
Wo. This story's been absolutely amazing so far. And also, YAY for Death Note Refrences! I swear, if you should some day write a Death Note Fanfiction, it'd be the greatest in all of DN fandom.
LectorVoraz chapter 24 . 6/27/2011
Would the gargoyles' hero happen to be called Xanatos?

Great story, by the way. Loved the story of Light and L, as well.
Tovath chapter 24 . 6/27/2011
Sweet, both a Death Note and a Gargoyles referance in the same chapter. I like how Harry is handling Draco.
EvilDime chapter 24 . 6/22/2011
Huh. Seriously, Lawliet'? Poor kid... I like Ryuzaki' better.

Oh, and I wonder if Draco will be lying to himself about wanting revenge for dozens of chapters or if he actually will take revenge at some point.

- Dime
Mezzavia chapter 24 . 6/9/2011
Lol.. Death Note. Truthfully, ruling the world must be very tiring.. Don't think that many people would be up for it. D

Poor Hermione D8..I wonder what's going to happen at Halloween x). Will they get closer, just like the original trio? _

..And a giant chocolate frog! 8D. I once got a giant Lindor..

Doesn't Harry wish for someone he can trust? It'd make his life so much more enjoyable DX.
Death by manga chapter 24 . 6/6/2011
OK, I miscalculated.

You ARE familiar with manga, or at least anime. You've read Death Note!

So are you foreshadowing a Death Note Reference? with two friends who are enemies squaring off into an all powerful mental showdown?

Brava!
Clownwithachainsaw chapter 24 . 6/6/2011
Fantastic, purely fantastic. Wizard.

I love the way you had Draco turned from the light side. And your reference to Death Note was exemplary, though I imagine some things would get lost in translation when it was preformed by wizards. This is a thrilling game.
Madeline Cullen chapter 24 . 6/5/2011
Nice! Death Note reference!

This just made this story number one in my book with mentioned of Lawliet!

-Maddy
Itachi's apprentice chapter 24 . 6/1/2011
Great work. Poor Draco he still doesn't see it.
Hermione Heterodyne chapter 24 . 5/28/2011
Death Note shout out!
AnaRola chapter 24 . 5/24/2011
I run track and cross country in the real world, the mile and the 5K, and when I finish a race my heart rate is usually around 190 beats per minute

When I finished this chapter, I think it was about 200.

Which, if you don't realize, is dangerously high, and if I keep reading instead of stopping to write another review I might have a heart attack and die, which would be entirely your fault.

I don't think I have ever been as invested in a story as I am in this one. All of your characters, on both sides, are drawn more convincingly than I've seen in fanfiction, ever. Even though they aren't acting anything like normal 11 year olds. I think I'll need to reread the last few chapters a couple times to totally understand everything that happened. Especially the idea of belief in belief, which (I have an uncomfortable feeling) is sort of the way I think about a lot of things. Now, whenever I think about anything I'm going to be asking myself "Do I really believe that, or am I making excuses for why the universe won't actually look that way, when I check?"

I hope that's what you wanted.

SO I know exactly how Draco feels, and it's terrifying, and I can't figure out what's going to happen when Harry implements his crazy plan (it's not any of the things Draco proposed, is it? he's making it up on the spot, isn't he?)

and the best part is that all this is a subplot, secondary to whatever-Quirrell is up to. he made the Pioneer plaque into a Horcrux, didn't he? of course, because that's exactly what an intelligent Voldemort would have done. Harry's "make it up as I go along" strategy works pretty well against Draco, but I have a feeling it will work less well against Quirrell.

Heartbeat down to safe levels, now... I'm going to keep reading.
TsukiNoBara chapter 24 . 5/10/2011
I just want to say that I would totally pay money to see a Wizarding version of Death Note.
tomw chapter 24 . 5/7/2011
You put a lot of scientific knowledge into their DNA tests. I see how two muggles could have unknown recessive genes, but then how can two wizards have a squib for a child? In your description there must be more than 3 states of magic in people (magic, squib and muggle).
Mera chapter 24 . 5/7/2011
Hooray for death note reference!
iphis17 chapter 24 . 5/3/2011
Manic laughter was laughed at the Death Note spinoff.

You absolutely sure this isn't going to be HPDM mpreg? The way the subtext's going...

~Mademise Morte
yungatheart chapter 24 . 4/2/2011
Pretty good. I just wanted to note that Darwin's theory of evolution has been disproved. That does not mean that evolution has been disproved but his theory has.
ShineX chapter 24 . 3/24/2011
Nicely done :)
Luciferret-nucleic acid chapter 24 . 3/17/2011

- That sounds like Death note.
Professor-Evans chapter 24 . 3/2/2011
Omg that chapter was... WOW. Also... You watched DeathNote, didn't you? A ring, Light, and Lawlet. Light dies... KIRAAAA!... Ahem. I LOVE THIS FANFIC!
Allison chapter 24 . 2/23/2011
Death Note reference FTWzzz! :D
ARMH chapter 24 . 2/22/2011
Oh Draco, what will we do with you? I'm actually having a really hard time knowing whether Draco still wants revenge on Harry. I feel like he doesn't but we havn't really had a story from his point of view in a while.
Media theorist chapter 24 . 1/27/2011
I am loving this book so far. Thanks for imagining a world in which Harry has a different dad, and with that a different approach to the universe.

I'm commenting on this chapter because it's the first one in which I see a major gap in Harry's logic; a seventh hypothesis which might be more powerful than the current leading candidate (that magical knowledge simply isn't being passed on thanks to the interdiction of Merlin). Specifically, it is entirely possible that the great magic from 800 years ago has been exaggerated through the normal workings of oral history. Magicians from 800 years ago are probably only a little bit less likely than jiggles to have been illiterate. Hence much of that history was likely to have been passed on as oral history, which has a tendency to become exaggerated (or legendary) over time. There is a way to compare this hypothesis to the current leading candidate, I think. The oral history hypothesis should lead to a non-linear decline that tracks the rise of literacy among wizards and, probably started sometime in the 18th century, witches. I would expect a reverse logarithmic decline (or, more correctly, a decline in in the perception of historical magical ability that would be a logarithmic function of the decline in illiteracy). That curve would be complicated by the later rise of literacy among witches, but not so much as to undermine a contrast with the more linear decline the forgotten magic hypothesis would entail.

Of course you may have thought of this already (I still have a lot of great reading to look forward to), but the declines documented so far seem logarithmic to me.
Dodos-r-not-extinct chapter 24 . 1/6/2011
A little Death Note parody, hmm? XD
Tangshou chapter 24 . 1/4/2011
I like this chapter. It has a great theme and many nice details. More chapters like this please.
w chapter 24 . 12/19/2010
A nice one. Death Note reference. "Harry's eyes should have been cold. They weren't. The voice should have made it a deadly threat. It wasn't." nice line.

"And today's scientists had a pretty good guess at what that runaway evolutionary process had been." - oh yeah? How about a reference.
doconnor chapter 24 . 12/19/2010
It's odd that Harry want's to keep his discovery secret. It's keeping secrets that is leading to the reduction of magic. Muggles may risk nuclear war by sharing science, but if one did occur it would take less then 100 years to recover. The wizards having been going backward for centuries.

Maybe Harry has a plan he is keeping from me.

Are all Wizard plays plagiarized from Anime?
Um chapter 24 . 12/17/2010
Oh. My. God. You referenced Death Note! *dances in glee*

That isn't the only cool thing about your story though.

Let me just tell you this: I have no clue what some of the sentences mean, and have to read them several times to get them properly. But that's the cool part.

You're combining science and rationality and psychology, and it turned into this giant bundle of awesomeness. And you're probably thinking something like, "Gee, that wasn't obvious at all." And you're right, and I don't have much in the way of a scientific education, but it's cool.

Awesome. *bows to the Great Master*
Gelacacine chapter 24 . 12/13/2010
The most impressive thing was that the word guilt did not appear in this entire chapter.
HunterssofArtemis5 chapter 24 . 12/11/2010
I love the Death Note reference!
klao chapter 24 . 12/9/2010
The worst thing about MoR is that it spoils you. You become so used to reading about _really_ clever characters, that it's really hard to go back to the average (science) fiction. Where all the characters hold the Idiot Ball in turns, or frequently at the same time.

Sure, I've noticed some of it before, and was frustrated by it too. But, after exposure to MoR it became unbearable! Damn you, Less Wrong! ;) Now you'll have to keep writing or there will be nothing for us to read!
Guest chapter 24 . 12/1/2010
Like the Death Note reference *thumbs up* :)
Tom Reagan chapter 24 . 11/29/2010
Just a quick note:

This chapter prompted me to look up Death Note, which I had never before heard of. Intrigued by the premise, I ordered the first volume, and have just as of three minutes ago finished it.

Thank you. Thank you thank you thank you for bringing this to my attention (I've no idea why I've never stumbled upon it before in my travelings of the t'interwebs).

I've now ordered the other volumes, and as you've probably surmised, I am totally enraptured by this utterly brilliant story.

Thanks again,

Tom Reagan.
Sheaman chapter 24 . 11/7/2010
Sometimes the twisting labyrinth of deception in here amazes me. Was Draco manipulating Harry, like he thought he was? Was Harry manipulating him right back? How much of what Draco is planning is Harry anticipating, and how many Xanatos Gambits are really going on here?

Additionally, perhaps I am have absorbed too much from all of the various media that I consume, but having both sides convince "their" faction that they are loyal to them doesn't seem that difficult, in the scheme of things. /shrug

Ah, the rampant deceitful tricky. How I love it, confusing though it may be.
Arturo Vandorien chapter 24 . 11/7/2010
haha and when the time is ripe, having learned Harry's methods of rationality, he'd see things the way Harry did and be unable to continue with the plan he is presently making. haha
AspergianStoryteller chapter 24 . 11/3/2010
A bit scary again. By the way, two yes/no or dom/recessive genes like magic/no magic or normal blood cells/sickle shaped blood cells can be inheirited to be inbetween if it's incomplete dominance.
Indigo Ziona chapter 24 . 10/21/2010
I used up all my intelligent commentary on the last chapter, but I'm enjoying the character development, particularly the fact that rescuing Draco from the dark side is really rather more interesting than I could have imagined.
Nerdfish chapter 24 . 10/12/2010
That sound about right.

Isn't life just positively pathetic?
DeceptiveSoftness chapter 24 . 10/10/2010
There are no words to describe how ridiculously awesome you are!

I absolutely adore this story and even though half the time I'm left scratching my head in complete confusion I still love it. Does that make sense?

The Death Note reference has just cemented you as my favourite FF author EVER! Seriously you just plain rock.

The plot is incredibly unique and I doubt that even if they tried no-one else would be able to match the sheer level of brilliance that must have gone towards making the story.

Rational!Harry is just... there aren't words to describe it.

I have yet to find another Harry Potter fanfiction that even comes close to comparing to how you've written this.

Competent!Quirrel is also pretty damn awesome. He's actually a likeable character instead of a stuttering wreak! Kudos to you for that P

Now that I'm done singing your praises to the high heavens (for now) I have to say that I am completely in the dark about where this story is going. I have no clue what's going to come next because you barely follow the cannon at all and it's hard to describe what a strange feeling this is.

All in all the story is amazing, you are amazing and I am in awe!

XD

x
Kutta chapter 24 . 10/10/2010
Great chapter
LunaSlashSea chapter 24 . 10/7/2010
Excellent chapter. Loved the references to Death Note and Gargogyles.
Nakedkali chapter 24 . 10/6/2010
Harry is making a mistake here, in not giving Draco a more specific idea of what he can to for the COnspriacy that is valuable. Yes, Draco knows people stuff, but Draco also knows that other people know "people stuff" too.
Illusionist-Tears chapter 24 . 9/11/2010
There was this...I'm not sure how to say this...seriousness in their conversation...

And then their was the vague Death Note reference...

And I couldn't stop laughing for five minutes! XD

Wonderful fic! Can't wait to see where it goes!
twistyguru chapter 24 . 9/7/2010
An excellent brief summary and intro to genetics for Draco. One quibble: the commonly used term is deoxyribonucleic acid (two words, rather than three). While deoxyribose nucleic acid is technically correct, it is a bit awkward, and not the preferred term.
xn3ct chapter 24 . 8/13/2010
OMG I really didn't see that Death Note reference coming, LOL! I'm liking this fanfiction more and more!
Dead Man Writing Is Dead chapter 24 . 8/7/2010
Death Note reference. Classy. I think I would've torn apart Death Note as well if L's name had been revealed like that.
Athla chapter 24 . 8/2/2010
well holy crap. it is six in the morning and I still haven't finished this.

oh look, another chapter!

Graahhhh! Can't stop reading!
Gamebird chapter 24 . 7/17/2010
I have to add as a review (even though it will be lost in the mass of reviews here) that I think someone should worry about what Harry might have put in that expensive pouch he gave to Hermione. Because things only come out of it when you ask for them, so if she never emptied it entirely (assuming such a thing is possible), then the odds that she'd stumble upon whatever stowaway objects Harry might have secreted within it are very low.

For example, he could put a stash of emergency things in it, in case his own pouch were lost. He could stow his father's rock in it. I'd suggest the cloak, but that would make it too difficult to get to, although it would foil attempts at thievery. He could put various bits of incriminating evidence in it, in case Hermione ever turned against him. Nothing like reaching into *her* pouch and pulling out, say, the Diary of Tom Riddle as proof that she was the malefactor in that particular adventure. And so on.

The point being that since she's unlikely to put her hand in and say, "Harry Potter's father's rock", then the object will stay in there forever without being known or disturbed, known only to Harry and being a safe hiding place.
how does she do it chapter 24 . 7/13/2010
this is funny, deep, and in some cases very very wrong on levels i can't even describe.

bravo.
Coriandergirl chapter 24 . 7/13/2010
Whaaaaaat? The Tragedy of Light? I was so excited about that, that I interrupted my reading of this chapter just to go Google it... Only to figure out what I'd already been considering: that the play was a fictitious working based on Death Note, and not the other way around. Ah, well. You just rose in my estimation even higher (if such a thing is even possible at this point) for knowing and liking DN enough to reference it. Thanks! :)
hypercell chapter 24 . 7/4/2010
So I've been wondering, why Humans are so smart compared to other animals and i came up with this really stupid, unproven, idea: all other animals have something impressive about them. strength, speed ect. humans have nothing. Except their brains. so it isn't a very good idea, but it is the only one I could come up with. I'm sure someone else has thought of this already. Love the story!
DoubleC chapter 24 . 7/3/2010
This was a brilliant chapter, reminded me sharply why this fic is great. Hilarious, no Hermione (yay), smart insae Harry (I'm on a horse), a lil' bit of Dumbledore who's always the best, and, again, hilarious. The pervious chapter was pretty cool, too. I wonder where all of this is going, am rooting for Harry (I think he needs a genuine ally... Dumbles? A bit painful how everyone is at loggerheads here), and greatly wish to know your thoughts on DN (Lucius', with those 'taking over the world is smart' ideas, are dumb...).
Miss Cow chapter 24 . 7/1/2010
"Father had once taken him to see a play called The Tragedy of Light, about this incredibly clever Slytherin named Light who'd set out to purify the world of evil using an ancient ring that could kill anyone whose name and face he knew, and who'd been opposed by another incredibly clever Slytherin, a villain named Lawliet, who'd worn a disguise to conceal his true face; and Draco had shouted and cheered at all the right parts, especially in the middle; and then the play had ended sadly and Draco had been hugely disappointed and Father had gently pointed out that the word 'Tragedy' was right there in the title."

Is this a reference to DEATH NOTE? Because this sent a chill down my back as I read it. I mean, seriously? LIGHT Yamigo and L LAWLIET? Except, technically, L wasn't a villian, just an antagonist.

But anyways, this story is brilliant. An author I know was actually the one who introduced this story to me.
one-regret-103 chapter 24 . 6/27/2010
You just made a Death Note reference.

I think I'm in love.
Bruhaha chapter 24 . 6/27/2010
Okay, I was really liking the story up until the Death Note reference. The Gargoyle one was okay, because we actually have story of those, such as those that the cartoon itself is based on. Referencing the plot of Death Note - a-okay - presenting it basically unchanged and coming from the wizarding world? Are you willing to make a case that the story in fact 'originated' in the wizarding world as a play and was later taking by a muggleborn or a squib to Japan where it would later be a manga and anime?

There was just so much about the reference that stood out from the rest of your story. Was it really needed? I felt that it distracted from the point because it was recognizable. People were too focused on it being 'death note' that attention was taken away from your work and placed on another author's work. In essence, it undermined the story.

On an unrelated note, as a student of cognitive psychology, for Harry to have claimed to know quite a bit about it, there are several occasions I've noticed where the most basic concepts of information acquisition are not used. Don't get me wrong, I squeed like a little girl to find the fundamental attribution error actually being mentioned and explained. There are a great many parts that are absolutely awesome. And there's some parts that just leave me wanted to hand Harry a Psychology 101 book and pointing to the chapters on Vygotsky and Piaget. Equilibrium, assimilation, accommodation. I had noticed Harry using the term schema so even if he ascribes to non-piagetian theories of cognitive development - such as the dynamic systems theory - he should still show a passing knowledge of basics if he can also talk about higher level concepts.

While that might be asking too much, I ask none the less.
James Birdsong chapter 24 . 6/24/2010
Well as usual great. Somehow IC yet original. Wow.
Arkh Cthuul chapter 24 . 6/22/2010
I just reread it and only now realized what the play was referrencing to (which might be because I am just rewatchign Deathnote ;) ).

Another superbly done reference in your fic. As always: very good.

Also: when can we expect an update? I am suffering "Awesomeness-Withdrawel" here...
AmourXSexXetXYaoi chapter 24 . 6/21/2010
I'm wondering if the Tragedy of Light has anything to do with the manga Death Note?

Very good story, I just felt sorry for Harry when he was stuck in the room.
ILiveADaydream chapter 24 . 6/18/2010
I love it but Death Note, seriously?
Mantrid chapter 24 . 6/17/2010
I appreciate the Death Note reference.
ejhawman chapter 24 . 6/15/2010
So Draco gets away with attempted murder. But he's on notice. I can't guess the next step for him. Surprise me.

The Death Note reference was nice. DN always bothered me; for a supposed genius, Light Yagami seemed strangely obtuse in his reasoning and small in his ambitions. He could only kill several thousand criminals a year; a drop in the bucket. Those deaths would have a disproportionate impact for being high-profile, but I wouldn't have it be as much as a 33% reduction in global crime. If you really want to reduce crime, at some point you have to light a fire under the people who are supposed to enforce it. But I can see why the creators of the series would not want to get political.

The recursion problem: yes, a Magnificent Bastard can go many levels deep. Always the question: how deep do you go? Ultimately, you can't; but the more levels the other guy wants to set up, the more effort he has to expend. It's a matter of knowing your enemy.

"Cause, y'know, a human would have totally seen that coming." Too true.

Thanks for the fast updates...
Animekitty47 chapter 24 . 6/15/2010
lol You made a Death Note reference and a Xanatos from Gargoyles reference, didn't you? *hugs you*

You know, when we touched on evolution in Social Studies/Anthropology/Biology, the teachers always suggested the first two ideas and then just sorta stopped there. Finally, someone spells out the answer. XD
Alex Mennen chapter 24 . 6/14/2010
This ought to be a review of chapter 25, but I already posted a review of that, and I can't figure out how to edit reviews.

It seems strange that Harry is so focused on the idea that magic in its current form was created in Atlantis. In fact, magic would seem to be great evidence in favor of creationism. Sure, it has a low prior, but so does the hypothesis that an ancient civilization wove magic into the universe and then disappeared without a trace.
Anonymous chapter 24 . 6/14/2010
Love it! Is the little spiel about primate politics at the end a metaphor foreshadowing the future of Dumbledore, Voldemort and Harry's relationship?
HazelWolf1111 chapter 24 . 6/13/2010
I am so confused. And I'm sure you meant me to be, too, which is just plain mean. (I'm reviewing ch 24, by the way, not the latest- 25. Haven't read it yet.) ANYWAY, I'm absolutely positive your little aside about 'Chimpanzee Politics' was put on purpose to absolutely confuse me and send me into a permanent spiral of second-guessing. Quite rude, really when you think about it. I just can't decide if the purpose was to point out that Harry already knows where Draco is headed, or if its just to make the irony more poignant. GAH! I love it and hate it at the same time, now I'm off to read the next chapter!

~Hazel
Raven.Blacke chapter 24 . 6/13/2010
wow...how twisted is this story gunna get? Don't get me wrong, i love it, really. But hmm lets see so far...

I absolutely LOATH the hermione in this story, like i HATE hate her...

Harry is totally off his rocker,(not to mention the whole rock thing...)

and draco was planning on killing his best friend...until his consience got the better of him and he decided he'd just ruin his hopes and dreams...have i missed anything?
dogbertcarroll chapter 24 . 6/13/2010
LOL!

I actually feel sorry for Draco.

Great chapter.
Wyrm chapter 24 . 6/13/2010
Nice little "Dragarea" reference there.
Style Maven chapter 24 . 6/12/2010
Oh, dear, my previous comment is not being displayed the way I had intended. I had not realized that had such an unspeakably awful layout engine: HTML character codes are removed and multiple adjacent hyphens are merged into one. I suppose this also explains the lack of em dashes in the novel's text: the site (one infers) simply does not allow it! O terrible incompetence of the site owners! And thus I must apologize for any undue imputations I may have made of the dearest author in my last note. I remain,

Yours in Science,

Style Maven
A Bibliophile chapter 24 . 6/12/2010
Kudos for the Deathnote reference.
Furcas chapter 24 . 6/12/2010
I've read this chapter twice, and I still don't understand the true meaning of Harry's reflections on evolution. Does he, or does he not, intend to follow the plan he's explained to Draco? Does he, or does he not, understand the plan's flaws? Does he, or does he not, know that Draco is planning a revenge?
Karg42 chapter 24 . 6/12/2010
I decided to re-read these last two chapters in order of Acts and just realized something.

"'Cause, y'know, a human would have totally seen that one coming."

Seeing as how that's what Malfoy (Draco) is planning, I'm not sure if this is meant to show irony or to give the impression that Potter knows exactly what Malfoy is up too. My first read made me think this was irony, but looking back...

It's the little things like this that make stories great.
Hikari Daeron chapter 24 . 6/12/2010
First of all, I'm super excited that you updated today.

Second of all, DEATHNOTEREFERENCEZOMFG.

Third of all-

I love this story. I have not read a fanfiction that has made me laugh, grip my chair and think in a long time. Many of my friends and I are reading this, and we're all thoroughly enjoying it. It's well-written, it's funny, it's witty and smart-I mean, this is so legit. Real science, really? That's so impressive. I'm stunned that such a story has been thought of, crafted, and successfully executed, because I can imagine how difficult (though fun) it must be.

Anyway, onto the next chapter! Thanks for the hours of amusement at work.

-Hikari
Blackdex chapter 24 . 6/12/2010
So, the pureblood watch tv? note that xanatos is the hero, not that i could argue that, while he is definitly sinister and manipulitive, he is human enough to be worked with, so long as you dont try and work 'around' him, becuase, lets face it, you cant outmanuver xanatos. ciao
Morbious20 chapter 24 . 6/12/2010
Great chapter I gotta go read number 25 now .
Ralyn Longs chapter 24 . 6/12/2010
Love the Deathnote reference 3
Ella chapter 24 . 6/12/2010
Oh! It keeps getting better. I love this story.
newyn chapter 24 . 6/12/2010
Harry is mad, I tell you. He is using Methods of Madness to achieve his insane goal.

Draco just tried to kill him. If he were sane, he would be scared, angry and vengeful. Instead he is unaffected, calculating and cold even.

Winning Draco over is more important than that Draco tried to kill him. Why? What does Harry know about Draco that would make the junior DE more valuable alive than dead? It's almost like he's got no alternatives to Draco.

For Harry to be sure of Draco's weight on the future history he is trying to write, he must have the entire politics of the wizarding world figured out to a nicety. He must be seeing far ahead and be pretty sure how the odds will break to gamble life and limb on one friendship. When did he have time to research the whole world?

What would thrill me is to see my pet theory borne out. I surmise Harry is a mad genius. Not unlike those lab scientists who experiment to distraction, forgetting the necessities of life. In this case, Harry is driven beyond all care to know whether dark wizard mentality can be turned to light.

In this scenario the least harmful outcome would be for Harry to take forever to finish his experiments. A nightmarish outcome would be if his forays into the Dark Arts turned himself and Hermione into dark wizard and witch while Draco becomes leader of the Light.

Sadly, this scenario would not be counter-intuitive enough for this fic. If there's anything I have learned from this, it is to expect things that can be easily mad as rational. I am sure there will be plenty twists to surprise the most jaded of fans. We can only hope the updates keep coming again and again for a long long time.

Thank you for sharing.
maaldas chapter 24 . 6/12/2010
turthfully, i really really want to see where Draco would end after he master half of harry's Method of Rationality. I would be surprised if he was not twice as insane as Harry now. LOL

Yet, i wonder about Hermione. She's already smarter than harry but not at all crazy (except for tests). Where would she be? Would she be in the Conspiracy or Harry's rival.
SassyFrassKerr chapter 24 . 6/12/2010
Very entertaining story so far.

I'm looking forward to seeing how it progresses.

(I see you read Mercedes Lackey!)
unnamed2 chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
"...unless all that was exactly what Harry wanted Draco to do as part of some even larger plot which Draco would play right into by trying to foil this one, Harry might even know that his plan was unworkable, it might have no purpose except luring Draco to thwart it -

No. That way lay madness."

Madness? This is POTTER!
Anon chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
Draco is familiar with Death Note but not depth of recursion? There was definitely a point where Light was pretending to be a police force member pretending to reach out to Kira, or something to that effect.
Kageshimaru chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
After waiting what seemed like forever to get a new chapter, and then being too busy to read it when it finally came I was very pleased to be able to read 3 in one night, and find that I may just get another update the following night. My attention is held quite firmly.
Will chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
I bet Robin Hanson would predict this fic will fail horribly. It's the outside view, after all.
Therio chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
Good chapter. The day Draco announces he has taken over the conspiracy is the day Harru turns to him and congratulates him for now being a proper scientist. Do you want to test that?
Wolfric chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
Good chapter. Thanks for writing. W.
Anonymous 8675309 chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
I know I've arrived a bit late, but this story is incredible and I'm really liking it so far.

Still, for your literary genius, I don't think you're capable of shipping Draco and McGonagall.
Packbat chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
Holy crap.

Harry Potter doesn't *need* to be in charge, in a long enough time frame. He only wants power so he can get books.

Imagine the look on Draco's face if he took over the Bayesian Conspiracy, presented the feat as a fait accompli, and Harry's response was, "Good work - do you want to compare notes for the writeup?"
sastath chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
Malfoy is a moron, like he could outsmart anyone. And muggles would still pwn them all.
TBooki chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
This chapter was hysterical! I loved it all!

From Draco thinking about Harry's insanity... to the plot involving Lucius and Dumbledore... to Draco thinking he could outwit Harry... and the grand finale of Harry having read a simple chimpanzee book that practically spelled out Draco's plan! Had me laughing the whole time!

Nice integration of Death Note there, and looking forward to the next chapter!
ElementIcy chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
I love you so much right now.

Not just because this story is awesome, but because I also read Chimpanzee Politics. Fantastic, fantastic book. Keep on the great writing!
Psalmy chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
Heh heh heh, chimp-draco. HEH HEH HEH!

Thanks for another chapter so soon. I'm really impressed.
Zap Rowsdower chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
Awesome! I'm seeing a LOT of Darth Vader in Malfoy- broken by his teacher's unexpectedly harsh lessons, he remains loyal to him out of a mix of having more to learn, having nowhere left to turn to, with plans on betraying his master once he learns enough, but his master anticipating that betrayal... is that an intentional parallel, or is it just drawing on common themes? Either way, someone totally needs to lampshade it in-story...
firedraygon chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
Draco, Draco, Draco...I'm looking forward to how he directs a coup! Haha, and the Death Note reference is awesome. I love how Draco gets to watch such twisted plays in order to learn life lessons. Lucius' training regimen is lovely~

Fantastic work, I hope a chapter's out tomorrow!

~fd97
Avi Muin chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
Thanks for updating. I loved the death note cameo :). Can't wait for your next chapter.
delorinatimewizard chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
draco is SO overmatched, i almost feel sorry for him
BluePard chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
It's nice to have this long a look instead Draco's mind after so much of Harry's. I like how Draco is the guy for the people stuff yet Harry's the guy who can fake sincerity. (Also, Death Note and Gargoyles? You're having fun, I can tell.)
Bronze Eagle chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
I am deeply amused by "The Tragedy of Light." Also that Draco *didn't notice* he had been played for his money precisely the way that Hermione was played for potential future favors. *shakes head*

I still agree with Draco that many (most?) of Harry's schemes are too crazed and convoluted to ever work in real life. But Harry will probably find that out for himself in time.

Thanks for the chapter!
chibiaries chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
The Tragedy of Light.

A Death Note reference. In a Harry Potter fanfic.

This reviewer's mind has gone absolutely blank, and is just sputtering random words along the lines of "This story is absolutely brilliant!" and "I could never write something this fantastic!" and "OMG, your Harry Potter is so insane that he becomes awesome!".

Yes. My brain has splattered along a brick wall from the sheer awesomeness of this story.

Eagerly anticipating the next chapter,

chibiaries
Mastigo chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
"'Cause, y'know, a human would have totally seen that one coming." Pure comedy gold
ImUpToNoGood chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
I am still loving this, now for completely different reasons than I did at the start. At the beginning, it was delightfully funny, turning the canon story on its head with rational thinking. I loved the scene with Harry and Draco in Madame Malkins, and I loved McGonagall's response to Harry, and his response to her- well to McGonacat. There was some new delight each chapter.

And then it got darker.

Now, I am enthralled. Can Draco be redeemed? Can Harry vanquish super!Voldemort? Can he come to terms with the complexities within him?

I really hope that Harry and Draco can find their way to true friendship. I had hoped the same for Harry and Severus, but I think that ship (no, not that kind) might have sailed.

Each chapter, you are layering on complexity after complexity, and I find myself hoping that you can extract our beloved characters from the pits they've dug themselves into. Rationally, of course.

But perhaps, also with compassion.

By the way, This reminded me of your story. It is an XKCD comic... which is at the site xkcd dot com slash 701. That means it is comic 701.

Definitely read the mouseover text (you know, where you hover hover over the comic and read what elsewhere would be called a tooltip.

Anyway, thank you for such a delightful and complex story. I can't wait to read on.

K
gre7g chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
Wow. This is getting really complex. I cannot guess which direction it will go. I hope you know!

Regardless, my compliments to the chef. I'm enjoying the story greatly.

Personally, I think I'll stick to writing love stories where no one needs to outsmart anyone who is trying to outsmart them while they try... :)
sacredpools chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
I just have to say that I love your story, and that it's probably one of the best fanfictions I've ever read. My favorite part of this chapter was The Tragedy of Light. I just completely love the whole Death Note part.
quickshot0 chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
One wonders if Malfoy isn't getting a bit ahead of himself, trying to plot total victory when he doesn't even know the game yet. Though I suppose he thinks it ultimately will be much like all that has come before it.

I guess it will be interesting to see how that develops over the coming months, though isn't trying to manoeuvre scientists around at times the equivalent of trying to herd cats? Might be amusing if that kind of independence trips some of his plots up.
DarkHeart81 chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
You can't ship Draco/McGonagall. Shipping Draco/Filch with a drag dressing dominatrix Hagrid is the way to ship! lol Hagrid in high heels, tight black leather thong and bra, holding a riding crop while Draco and Filch are bent over and chained to the table in his house.

Am so glad I don't ship that... Am going to have to find some Harry/Hermione smutt to get rid of that image. lol

Good chapter! I suspect that Draco won't find overthrowing Harry in the future won't be as easy as he thinks. Then again it may never come to that since things change over time.
LacrimosaDiesIlla chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
3 Death Note reference.
kyoshi711hotmail.com chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
My god, just trying to figure out what's been said is confusing the crap out of me. Your intelligence shows that you should be writing a thesis for academics and not the lowly reader such as I. Keep up the confusing work, I read it just to look at the large words! Best regards
Luiz4200 chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
Harry should have Draco being brought to the Wizengamot. I'd like to see this. Please update.
mm chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
Was that your way of telling us that Harry knew exactly what Draco was planning to do, and that yes Draco was right it didn't have a limit he was that twisty? If so I loved your way of doing it
phoebe turner chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
great chapter!
GenJordan chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
I'm sorry, I'm too busy giggling my ass off about you including Deathnote references to give you a properly serious review _ (I love what few DN/HP crossovers I've found) I thought I caught a Gargoyles reference, but was the chimpanzee politics masking another reference?

I'm really enjoying this fic and I hope you're able to go the distance, and get us to the post-Voldie world & beyond. I'm terribly sad when a good series ends before its time. Thank you for the update and your continuing hard work!
mylittlehazmat chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
Your story is steadily becoming more and more crack-like every chapter you post. You realise this, don't you?

Still. Always appreciate the updates.

Cheers,

Greg
Celestial Moonwalker chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
I think Harry's mind is much more complicated than Draco thinks. And much more twistier. It's a terrifying place.
Nongarak chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
Burn him to the ground. Good chapter, even if nothing happened outside of the mind.
BerserkSlash chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
Do it! Do it! Ship Draco with McGonnagal!

Do it! Do it! Do it!

lol
4683513543545 chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
Nice! I love how well thought out this story is and being able to see both Harry and Draco's perspectives. I love getting to know the characters themselves better, since then you can have more fun predicting what they will or won't do.
jdboss1 chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
most of the viewers are referring to "DEATH NOTE!" never heard of it

I just hope Draco becomes more valuable to keep even after his attack personally I couldn't see any particular benefit before this chapter now I'm all for keeping me around as long as Harry Potter doesn't become gay is not much you can do at this stage in the game that will ever stop me reading I would like some more Hermione interact and other staff members who have not covered eg (the big friendly giant) BFG and so on and so on

( the philosopher's Stone he should steal some time who would not want to live forever and be wealthy at the same time

Best story of 2010 keep up the good work
leonidus chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
Loved it. Harry's either so brilliant he's insane, or so insane he's brilliant. Or maybe that's just you. :-)
Xuenay chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
Like everyone else, loved the Death Note reference. *And* loved Draco's general thoughts. "But it was just the sort of mistake you would make if you didn't have any mentors and thought you were clever and had learned about plotting by watching plays." Awesome. :D

Keep writing chapters like these, the last three have been fantastic.

I'd say something more, but because of the threat you made I'll have to shut up. :)
lipasnape chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
Really? Makes sense when you see where the humans are today, outwitting one another regardless of consequences to us all.
WaxWings chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
It is always a good day that sees an update to this story. It was fun to see a reference to Death Note.

I was a bit disappointed that my own personal theory was disproved. I had thought that Draco would realize Harry's proposed genetic theory of magic was insufficient and confront him about it, or at least have his faith in Harry's methods of science shaken.

I had never before heard the idea that human intelligence was driven by politcal manuevering. It is appealing, as Harry noted, it provides a novel explanation for the marginal utility of intelligence, and provides an arms race situation that would lead such development to grow unchecked. However, I am not entirely convinced that tool making and adaptation is an insufficient explanation. I am not sold on the idea that the entire population will or can easily benefit from the innovation of an individual, especially in pre-homo sapien species.

It is fun to see Draco off balance.
Dormant Account 24 chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
Still amazing. Your portrayal of Draco is still spot on to the spirit of the books, even if the details have changed because of Harry. Very well done, though I'm sure you've heard that many times now.
me chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
Nice reference to Death Note. Though I have to mention that L didn't really give his name away to Light...
J-Kid chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
I liked the Death Note reference in this chapter. :-) Nice touch. Man these characters are ALL twisty, not just Harry. That's a good thing, believe me!

I'm almost tempted to ask for Harry/Draco (a pairing I don't even READ because I don't do slash fics) just to see a crack Draco/Minerva pairing from you. I'm sure it would be hilarious. It couldn't be any worse than Hermione/Dumbledore pairings I have seen, although those are mostly time-turner or de-aging fics thankfully . . . .
Mother of Tears chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
I really love all your twisty plots that are only happening in the minds of the characters rather than in the plot of your chapter. How convoluted can they be? I can't wait to find out who is the victor: Harry the scientist, or Draco the desperately ambitious schemer. The hope is for Harry, of course. We really want this to be a comedy, not tragedy.
Rathanel chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
Great chapter!

Watching the ferret dance to Harry's tune all the while convincing himself he's doing it of his own accord for his own purposes... beautiful.
Rohan Bernett chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
I see you've lampshaded the Xanatos Gambit in this chapter.

Honestly, I don't know if I should laugh at or pity Draco at this point. I'm not surprised he thinks Harry is insane. He'd probably think I'm crazy, too.

One quote I wouldn't be surprised to see in a future chapter would be "To understand recursion, first you must understand recursion."
Thom Blake chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
I read the Death Note reference as an assurance to the reader that whatever plotting goes on, it will not devolve into Calvinball.
MrRobertsIII chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
Harry had been trying to be friendly, he was just insane.

-Love Draco's pov. Has me laughing

Great ending!
FuzzyBoots chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
That was a fun read. I enjoyed the switches of perspective as we come to realize just how insane the plotting is on either side. The fact that you made Harry opaque in terms of what he was thinking, and Draco attempting to keep a false face while trying to unravel Harry's path of thinking, all the while desperately trying to convince himself that Harry couldn't be that dumb... or that intelligent... and ultimately finding a way for it all to make sense internally. _ Kind of makes you wonder if Harry really is several steps ahead, or if he's toddling toward the edge of the abyss. Well done.

:-p All of us on have your own pet figures that we're great fans of, but I have to say, if Harry survives his first year, it's going to be fascinating throwing Luna into all of this insanity. Assuming, of course, that you're of the opinion that she is fiercely intelligent and insightful underneath the apparent cloudcukoolander tendencies.

Nevertheless, I'm enjoying this story still. Looking forward to more, as always.
Sangemaru chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
Aw... Draco makes such a nice chimp.
hentai18ancilla chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
Were you implying that Harry foresaw that with what he was thinking? Draco planning to overthrow him.
Entropic Specter chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
A new chapter! What joy! The "origins of human intelligence" bit felt a bit tacked on, though. Or maybe it's just those lines, separating it from the rest.

Now, what is Harry planning to do to Rita Skeeter, with all that money, I wonder?

I'll be eagerly awaiting the next chapter. Saturday, right? Great!
hmm chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
Not too impressed with this chapter. The reference was annoying and it seemed either slow paced or lacking in substance...

Still... I'll take every new chapter I can get!
Katamabob chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
Good God, Draco is such a douche. Ugh. I really really hope that Harry sees all of these double crosses coming. But I kind of like how freaked out Draco is about everything Harry does XD

Kate
Greytune chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
"Father had warned Draco against people like this, people who could ruin you and still be so likable that it was hard to hate them properly."

Oh, yes. Those kind of people. In my opinion, those are the worst kind of enemy to have.

"-and that was when Professor Flitwick threw up his little hands and started shrieking in a high-pitched voice at both of us about how he didn't care what we were cooking up together, but this wasn't ever to happen again for as long as I was in Ravenclaw House or he would have me thrown out and I could go to Gryffindor which was where all this Dumbledoring belonged -" Harry was making it very hard for Draco to hate him."

As I've said, I love Draco's thoughts during his POV's.

Draco realized with a note of horror and despair, that although it was a terrifying fate indeed to be Harry's friend, Harry now had so many different avenues for threatening Draco that being his enemy would be even worse. Probably. Maybe. Well, he could always switch to being enemies later... He was doomed.

LOL. Draco points of views FOR THE EFFING WIN.

"Buying that pouch for Granger used up most of the gold I managed to steal from my Gringotts vault -" What.

Oh, Draco.

And this whole "I'm gonna trick him into tricking me, but he's already tricking me into tricking him into tricking ME to trick him" stuff, well...

This is gonna get interesting.
Hayden Elrics chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
I think you're well aware of the number of humans that would be outwitted by a pair of chimpanzees!

Kudos, keep up the stimulating turns.

Helix
Raven3182 chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
Interesting chapter. I honestly have no clue how this is going to eventually work out. Which is a good thing - I'm very interested to see where this all leads. Well done. I can't wait for the next update! Thanks for writing!
Allen Pitt chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
Admit it. This whole 'science' thing is a thin disguise for what's really going on. The beautiful summer of love that Draco and Minerva will have soon. It's inevitable!

Meanwhile. Loan. Rita Skeeter. I'm afraid to even speculate on that one.
shadow patronus chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
That end was fantastic! Harrys reasoning and Dracos plot! jajaj, I cant wait to see in what that ends!
Tiky3000 chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
Well, he IS a Malfoy...
Peanuckle chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
Loved the Death Note references.

And it looks like they're gonna fight each other after all. I do wonder how the Conspiracy will fit in with Dumbledore and Voldemort's respective plots.
hjcallipygian chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
I think Draco/Minerva would be awesome. )

But, clearly, this story is going to be Harry/Sorting Hat.
cheekylildevil chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
Interesting, very interesting

Indi
Arthorius chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
Am keeping my eye on you. Majority of HP fics that are good and fun to read have been NON-SLASH type fics. First indication I feel this fic is turning into a slash fic, two things happen. This fic gets remove from my story alert and your name gets on the infinite author ignore list. :)
alguLoD chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
And now, dear readers, yet MORE ways to compare this to Death Note!

Loved the reference, loved the chapter, loved it all. The drama is great, the humor is great, yadda yadda. I especially love Draco's POV in this chapter, and I find myself wondering just how all the Machiavellian plotting will turn out.

I'm eagerly expecting more of this.
deitarionSSokolow chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
Beautiful. This kind of psycho-social sparring and competitive out-witting is exactly why Death Note is one of my favorite manga ever... and now you've started to incorporate it into one of my favorite fics.

The use of "Raito" instead of "Light" for the name in the Death Note reference was a little damaging to the overall immersiveness of the story, but I don't find it as problematic as some of the other reviewers.

Bravo! :)
tvandel chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
Where's the "like button" for this fic? Keep it up!
Violet Shadows chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
Amusing.
Starlight Chibi-chan chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
Soooo...Harry is all for playing Dumbledore and Lucius off of each other, and Draco is all for rebellion? 0_o
Heidinanookie chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
hm, okay... I would have liked to see Draco punished in some way, at least. He deserves it. Then again, Harry behaving like he does and making Draco feel weird is probably punishment enough. And Dumbledore knows, so I guess it's alright (though I've already forgotten again what it was that Harry knew about him and used as a way to gain leverage over him)

loooool! The mention of Death Note is rather unexpected but very entertaining. I'm glad I watched the series recently so the reference didn't pass me by.

I think I'll have to re-read the last two chapters because I didn't quite get the outcome of their experiment. It seems like it proved that blood-purism isn't the way to go but I still don't know what the actual answer is, the actual argument that broke Draco's world apart.

Grrrr, and this ending is frustrating.

heidi
Zicou chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
i love this fic :)

Continue,

Z.
kutta chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
Great chapter. The pace of updating is also getting quite epic lately, taking the upcoming Saturday update into account. Yay!
lilyoftheval5 chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
"It really made you appreciate what millions of years of hominids trying to outwit each other - an evolutionary arms race without limit - had led to in the way of increased mental capacity."

Perfect!

Thank you so much.
everetza chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
LOL at the authors notes (or note, as it is). I liked the chapter, even if it was a bit slow-paced and specific, it's good to vary the pace a little and give the story a break here and there. Looking forward to what happens next, though. Oh, and ''Cause, y'know, a human would have totally seen that one coming.' was a great line!

You know, Draco says that that sort of thing doesn't really happen (aiding the hero in trying to harm them) but look at what's happened just before this... Draco hurts Harry with spell Harry has blackmail material. Draco loans money to put Harry in his debt Harry doesn't need to call Lucius and be put in much *more* debt. Not saying it's bad you have him think this, it's believable as it should be.

I kind of wished you'd left the chapter on the 'cause, y'know, a human...' line. It has a better feeling of conclusion and the Draco bit doesn't add too much he hasn't already said/thought.

Looking forward to another update - this is currently the only fanfic I subscribe to, it's just so good!
Kitsune chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
Now I Laugh At You! Bwahahahahahaha!

Love the story, never fails to make me smile.

Keep up the good work!
lazyslothwho chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
Hilarious. Love the Death Note reference, it made me giggle. And Draco! God, his delusions are even funnier than I thought they would be. I don't think I've actually seen Draco written as well as you have done. He's actually, well, realistic for a son of a Death Eater. I always wondered why purebloods were only bigoted in certain ways, and not others, and here you are mentioning raping women as an acceptable mindset with your own Draco, and I'm enjoying the effects. Yes, I'm aware that reference was to a previous chapter-but I didn't review that chapter, so here it is now.

Anyway, I love this story. Is it strange to say that I feel like my mental capacity increases just by reading it?

Can't wait for the next update.

And-this is based off of your author note-how did anyone get the idea that this was a Harry/Draco ship? I mean, I guess it is...if you squint...and have been imbibing alcoholic beverages...but really, at this stage, it'd be illogical. Unless that was your intent? To hint at Drarry-ness? Cause if so, I don't see it. But I don't think that was the intention, so never mind.

-Sloth
badkidoh chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
another great chapter.

I"m looking forward to the next update.
irfane chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
Interesting chapter. Keeps me guessing in the politics. :D

I keep imagining Harry saying, "next week, we study human interactions... for your benefit. We must assume your father is more capable as a politician than we. Therefore, any plans made to influence him must work best when he discovers all the particulars. Our purposes, to increase his pride in you, for obvious reasons...'
ColinLow chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
Yeah, the Death Note crossover reference was just awful. Took me out of it; why would Lucius Malfoy bring Draco to a play with a Japanese-named protagonist like Raito? What kind of continuity would lead to Ohba Tsugumi adapting it into a comic series in 2003, way after Draco's childhood? Is she a witch, and hence familiar with this (presumably non-Muggle) lore?
Intelligo chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
I just cannot read it with all the italics. All your characters sound like over-emphasizing douches.

"Why, yes, hmm, I graduated from /Harvard/. But let's be /honest/, who needs to waste that much time when you have a trust fund like /this/ one. Hah."

Every one of your characters, at one point or another, is the massive-chin caricature from Family Guy. If you don't get that reference, then they are all miniature Douglas Neidermeyers.
Toki Mirage chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
Hahaha! Harry is dumber than a chimp cuz he can't seeee it~ *tauntingly sings to Harry*

Harry: *glares* Don't insult my intelligence, creative writer. I know more bayesian know-how than your single brain cell could hope to after two million years of chimp evolution!

Mirage: *blanks* You do realize that you have pudding on your chin, right?

Harry: ...
Guile chapter 24 . 6/11/2010
I love, love love love, the Tragedy of Light.

And my god, I still don't know if Harry could teach Xanatos some new gambits and outwit Machiavelli himself, or if he totally doesn't see Draco ready to blindside him. I like that, too. He's damn smart - but is he smart enough? I look forward to finding out.
Secca Irises chapter 24 . 6/10/2010
"No. That way lay madness."

It amuses me that Draco has yet to learn that Harry the road to, map of, and full vacation/spa resort destination in Madness.

Also, nice "subtle" reference to Death Note. That part made me laugh out loud.

Looking forward to the next chapter.

-Secca
adamjb chapter 24 . 6/10/2010
First review, long time reader.

This wasn't my favorite chapter, but it was a fun read nonetheless and I eagerly await the next.

Great job!
Wittgen chapter 24 . 6/10/2010
They way you present both boy's ridiculously high levels of hubris is awesome. I'm not sure whether the chimpanzee story is meant to show Harry's lack or possession of self awareness, but I like that it could be interpreted either way. Hilarious.

Also, these kids are seriously screwed up. Seriously. The acceptance of torture?
Arkeus chapter 24 . 6/10/2010
ahahah fun ;-)
tw2000 chapter 24 . 6/10/2010
and when the time was right...

...

...nothing would happen. Dun dun dun.
Lineape chapter 24 . 6/10/2010
Love this story.

Quite the thinly veiled Death Note reference there BTW.

-Lineape
GreekGoddessHestia chapter 24 . 6/10/2010
Draco is an idiot of epic proportions, and YOU! YOU STOLE DEATH NOTE!