Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Village-Mystic chapter 44 . 3/26
Oh... interesting... but still oh crap.
DAMEIPHANTOMHIVE chapter 44 . 9/23/2014
IT'S OFFICIAL!
Percabethgirl2645 chapter 44 . 8/4/2014
"I told you, no kissing!" Harry, that's no way to treat someone who just saved your life. Honestly, have you no manners?
thepkrmgc chapter 44 . 8/2/2014
yay for the power of love!, soulless!harry is freaking scary
silverrain-shiningsun chapter 44 . 5/21/2014
"I told you, no kissing!"
Haha
Grizzmon chapter 44 . 1/14/2014
So, a kiss of love?
CMVreud chapter 44 . 1/4/2014
Aaaaaaah, yes.
Sometime I wonder if he still thinks that girls have (advanced physological/rational/phylosophical explanation, or) cooties.
HybridsRose chapter 44 . 11/29/2013
Aww, this was really good.

I like Hermione and Dumbledore's conversation, the level of depth and understanding between them was beautifully written, the ending too. You know, I think there are slight undertones of both Harry/Hermione and Hermione/Draco in this, something which was further embellished in this chapter. Harry's response to the kiss at the end implies that his sanity is all back to normal, and I hope Hermione's reputation isn't all /that/ ruined.
addikhabbo chapter 44 . 8/21/2013
Lovet! Btw, what happened to 42? Don't remove them yo!
Rheaeus chapter 44 . 8/11/2013
Voldemort stood before the ruins of Privet Drive observing the remains of London watching Fiendfyre snake it's way through the skies and streets killing hundreds of Muggles. He had been foolish to assume the boy would leave his parents unguarded like this, very foolish. Why had the boy not prevented Voldemort from destroying London, why had he stood by as Voldemort and his followers had burned it to the ground torturing and killing Muggles at will. Voldemort knew there was only one place to get at the boy, the time for machinations and complex multi-layered plots, no it was time for the climax. Voldemort apparated right in front of Hogwarts raising his wand above his head,he roared, "AVADA KEDAVRA!" An orb of darkness shot from the wand, the air grew significantly colder and nearby plants and animals began to die, similar smaller orbs of darkness appeared all around him growing in size with more and more orbs being created.

Seamus Finnigan was the first one to notice the aura of despair and sadness that had suddenly settled upon the Great Hall. All the silverware and plates began shaking. Frost began to cover the windows and the temperature began dropping fast. Suddenly the castle walls crumbled and turned to dust, and the students could see the horror. In front of them the ground lay dry and broken, withering plants and trees with snow falling upon things, but that wasn't the horror it was the darkness it was painful to look at and the darkness. "It's a Dementor", said Ron," a Dementor without a cloak!"

Harry apparated in at that moment. "Voldemort! Do you realize what you are doing, you are tearing apart the very fabric of reality! Stop this, this war has gone on long enough, let it go, I will spare even your life if I must", said Harry. "I'm afraid that's is not possible, for neither can live while the other survives", said Voldemort. "Very well" said Harry. "Expecto Patronum" roared Harry. Harry felt his life force being sacrificed to close the wounds in the world. Harry's Patronus blazed forth melting the snow and healing the plants. All the blobs of darkness had disappeared and it was a test of magic between Harry and Voldemort. The Killing Curse fizzled out and the Patronus pushed Voldemort back. "This isn't over, Potter" said Voldemort and Disapparated, but not before blasting a crater into the ground. Harry collapsed to his knees and fainted.
L.E chapter 44 . 5/14/2013
Just... Wow. Amazing stuff.
RussianDestruction chapter 44 . 4/29/2013
That was an amazing idea of Hermione's!
S. J. Iolanthe chapter 44 . 1/1/2013
Before I say anything pertaining to your story I must first say how sorry I am for not reviewing it sooner, as it is truly the greatest fanfiction I have read. Now on with my review.
I had been hoping for a few chapters now for something REALLY bad to happen to Harry, not because I do not like the character - original or your more rationalized version of him - but because all (or at least most) of Harry's challenges have been mental (I would state them but as you are the author I will continue on the assumption that you know - better that anyone - what Harry's challenges have been). When the dementor was introduced into the story I felt as though some more tangible action was going to happen. Needless to say I was on the edge of my seat when Hermoine faced the dementor, and when Harry faced the dementor I had no more edge left to sit on. My only critique would be when Harry becomes whole again. Note that my problem does not lie in the way in which Harry is 'revived' , but - much like the original - in his revival itself. The new uncaring and mechanical Harry Potter was defiantly something I would've liked to see explored a little more, but hey you're 44 chapters ahead of me I don't expect you to rewrite the past.

Two additional points not regarding this chapter:

1) I would like to commend you on the origin of your fic. What I mean by that is, you didn't just say "Hey what if Harry we're a scientist", but you explained by making Petunia pretty and thus being able to attract someone a little higher on the evolutionary scale than Vernon Dursley.

2) I know that I am only halfway through an unfinished story so anything can happen and things are subject to change, I will not hold you to your answer but I must know, are you planning to do all seven years, or is your plan shorter than that, then again maybe you have no plan which is fine by me as well though I would find it a tad hard to believe, now as this became a run-on sentence four commas ago I am going to end it now.
Herooftimes chapter 44 . 12/28/2012
This has probably been my favorite chapter of all so far. I love the back and forth between hermione and dumbledore, and dumbledore actually.. being at a loss for what to do, frantic.
StrangeoneXD chapter 44 . 12/22/2012
Interesting...
Patronus-Charm54093 chapter 44 . 11/2/2012
(This is a review for chapter 44) LOL her life is sooooo over XD
Peeves: Stranger kissed potty! Stranger luuuuuuuurves Potty!
Harry and Hermione: PEEVES!
voodooqueen126 chapter 44 . 8/2/2012
Certainly that seems beyond the level of ordinary unpleasantness, which looks down upon others as lesser beings... Do truly wicked people think like that.
Also you have redeemed yourself by showing the importance and power of love.
Poetheather1 chapter 44 . 7/29/2012
Wow... that was awesome. Well done. Again with the kissing and extremely dramatic as well. Nicely done.
HerGoldenHair chapter 44 . 5/24/2012
Very, very AU... But very, very interesting.
AR chapter 44 . 9/22/2011
Alright..

I'll suspend my disbelief for this chapter..
madeyemarauder chapter 44 . 9/2/2011
The obverse of the Prince curing the enchanted princess with as kiss?
ironhair chapter 44 . 8/29/2011
half way through this chapter, I had ... an ... idea...

hahahahahahahahahahahahaahaha !
Fenrir666 chapter 44 . 8/25/2011
I love how Harry, for all his genius, for all his madness, is still oh so *very* eleven.
Diane White chapter 44 . 7/23/2011
A kiss? Really? They are 11 year old! That's just wrong. Funny, but wrong.
Isa Knightwalker chapter 44 . 7/17/2011
omg the kiss that saved the day lol, that was great.
Death by manga chapter 44 . 6/7/2011
I think what Hermione meant to add at the end was, "Her life was over, and THEIR life had officially began.

So, you did the Sleeping Beauty routine. weird.
Innoxious chapter 44 . 5/11/2011
it looks like Hermione saves the day after all... 3 cheers for the goddess Hermione!
ShineX chapter 44 . 3/26/2011
well, that's interesting lol :)
ARMH chapter 44 . 2/26/2011
awwwww, "the power of love"
Dodos-r-not-extinct chapter 44 . 1/7/2011
That chapter has ended in a combination of laughter and shock. It's a weird feeling...
E.A.V chapter 44 . 11/29/2010
Oh, yes!
AspergianStoryteller chapter 44 . 11/4/2010
Whoa. I wouldn't have expected that to work either but it sort of makes sense. Blimey, I don't think my Dementor fic has anything on yours but I don't actually like, plagerise anything, would it be alright for me to draw inspiration from your work? You have some pretty good ideas.
Indigo Ziona chapter 44 . 10/28/2010
And Harry's arms came up and pushed her away, and his lips yelled, "I told you, no kissing!"

Reminds me of the Princess Bride! Poor Hermione.
Kutta chapter 44 . 10/13/2010
Great chapter
LunaSlashSea chapter 44 . 10/8/2010
Excellent chapter
Rebel Goddess chapter 44 . 9/22/2010
What the hell just happened? I loved the different way you dealt with the dementor, with Harry's all too keen awareness of what his mother and father did wrong, but I'm a bit confused by what the Dementor actually did.
ejhawman chapter 44 . 9/19/2010
Now we have the Partially Kissed Hero scenario. Addressed this time with Dumbledore's more active participation. The Horcrux personality is at start very simple: it only expresses the desire to kill. There's a lot in this vein to do; I have ideas to write down...

LOL! Nice way to justify Harry and Hermione's First Kiss.

Next section -
109 chapter 44 . 9/10/2010
... way too obvious, all way too obvious all the methods Harry suggested. It's the same kind of airtight security that Dumbledore had set up for the dementor. They are definitely solid ways to lose something that no muggle would ever find, but if someone wanted to lose something really well, that would be the first method they come up with, and therefore anyone would have a pretty good idea where to look.

I would not be surprised if Quirrellmort had used those methods. Something as serious as where are the horcruxes? There's no way the author's answer would be unsurprising.

More likely, in order to lose something, he might have turned a regular rock into a horcrux and just thrown it somewhere with a whole bunch of rocks, so that anyone would overlook it, presuming there's no spell where you can just cast point me to track a horcrux.

Almost like Harry suggesting ways to use classroom objects as combat, and being all single-minded, and restricting his solutions to an itteh-bitteh subset.

SPOILERS BELOW!

It would be a cool ending if all the horcruces are destroyed except the one on the pioneer plaque, so Voldemort's consciousness is on the pioneer shuttle flying through space among all those stars that he loves so much, with no way to return to Earth. He's after eternal life, isn't he? Then, he gets his eternal life and lives happily ever after.

I just read the author's rant about slash and snobbery. Still holding out hope for a Harry-Hermoine-Draco poly-ship!
Tall Tails - Feline Jaye chapter 44 . 9/9/2010
ha ha - embaressment overrides all. Nice.
109 chapter 44 . 9/7/2010
One thing more:

project to infinity with established social norms. I'd like to see a three-way Harry-Hermoine-Draco poly-ship 3
Morbious20 chapter 44 . 9/6/2010
Awesome chapter
Animekitty47 chapter 44 . 9/6/2010
I like Hermione's plan better. XD Excellent job with these two chapters. *reads on*
Arkh Cthuul chapter 44 . 9/6/2010
Hmmm ah well, not how I would ahve expected (or hoped for that matter) this chapter to turn out, both in regards to length and Conclusion.
Karg42 chapter 44 . 9/5/2010
It took me a little while to get it, far longer than it should have in hindsight. Hermione just undid very thing she sought to gain by becoming a General, her identity as an individual. This would just be sad if she did it without thinking, but knowingly writing herself off makes the deed seem so much more valuable.

Neville has been one of my favorite characters ever since he joined the Chaos Legion as one of, if not the single most loyal and capable of Lieutenants. Maybe this is why he can see that Harry has considered killing them all at one point or another. Part of me doesn't want this to change anything because I love the dynamic between the two as it is. Another larger part of me knows that it does change things, even if that change is to resist change. You have yet to create disappointing character dynamics and I don't think you will choose now to start.

Also, Greengrass is probably the most entertaining sideline character in this story, graciously assisted by Davis, Bulstrode, and the rest of the Slytherin girls. Felt like they disserved some mention.
Sangemaru chapter 44 . 9/5/2010
Awesome
ilikebluepineapples chapter 44 . 9/5/2010
Lovely!
Loonynamelass chapter 44 . 9/5/2010
Harry's void side (which is obviously worse than his dark side) is extremely creepy.

And, awww- Hermione's such a dear! A Gryffindor, indeed!