Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
GUEST chapter 53 . 4/18
WHYYY IS IT ALWAYS LIKE THIS I'VE STILL GOT TWO OUT OF THREE ASSIGNMENTS AND LESS THAN TWELVE HOURS NOW
ack1308 chapter 53 . 4/7
The perfect crime.

More than one, I would say.
Jatok chapter 53 . 11/16/2016
My main point of confusion is knowing what is AU and what isn't. Meaning, is quirrel possessed or not.
The Anguished One chapter 53 . 7/28/2016
So as this point, Bellatrix believes the Dark Lord is now in control of Harry's body. If things weren't destined to blow up in Harry's face at some point, this would probably be very useful.
Guest chapter 53 . 2/1/2016
You've changed enough things in this alternate reality that at this point I have no idea if *any* of the marauders actually were Animagi, or if Sirius is innocent or not. Or pretty much anything else established in the books that you haven't addressed yet.
Montara chapter 53 . 1/24/2016
Hope Bellatrix is innocent like Riddle said but why help her if not to use her like he did before? Is Harry changing Riddle?! Seems impossible.

I think Harry was just used to help Bellatrix escape..a mad witch who can kill without remorse...What was Harry thinking?! He helped without investigating first! Not scientific at all!
Grissina chapter 53 . 12/17/2015
I've got to admit that I'm lost. I wasn't expecting Harry to agree to help free Bellatrix of all people and keep trusting Quirrell (pretending to be voldemort, no less!)
I'm wondering if Bella burned her own sister alive in your story...
in any case, thanks for sharing it.
ShadowLDrago chapter 53 . 10/22/2015
This won't end well.
Zyxis chapter 53 . 8/17/2015
I feel like I've missed some chapters when I review. I'm sorry for that. But that's only because I get sucked into the story and forget that there are other options besides continuing to read. I'm incredibly curious as to how this crime will happen. Will it really fail? I have no idea. So I shall continue reading. But first. I might not be able to address every part of the story that I forgot to review, but u know this much. I loved every word. w
PA chapter 53 . 5/21/2015
Screwed it up? uh oh ...
Village-Mystic chapter 53 . 3/27/2015
I'm glad that Harry has pity for Bella. Interesting cliffhanger. I hope it is for the sake of the other Black who is there.
Hippothestrowl chapter 53 . 3/27/2015
I could not fully follow what took place in the cell but hopefully that will either not matter or become clearer as the story unfolds, or both.
Guest chapter 53 . 3/4/2015
Bellatrix is way lot hot, when she's an actual Death Eater. Even fiction of fiction can't do enough of her.
thepkrmgc chapter 53 . 8/2/2014
ah, so these last chapters were quirrells plans, not what actually happend: nice dark side fake out by the way (or so we hope)
silverrain-shiningsun chapter 53 . 5/22/2014
Earlier, in the deserted shop, Professor Quirrell had told Harry that they were going to commit the perfect crime.

Harry had unthinkingly started to repeat back the standard proverb that there was no such thing as a perfect crime, before he actually thought about it for two-thirds of a second, remembered a wiser proverb, and shut his mouth in midsentence.

What do you think you know, and how do you think you know it?

If you did commit the perfect crime, nobody would ever find out - so how could anyone possibly know that there weren't perfect crimes?

And as soon as you looked at it that way, you realized that perfect crimes probably got committed all the time, and the coroner marked it down as death by natural causes, or the newspaper reported that the shop had never been very profitable and had finally gone out of business...
a-d Pilot chapter 53 . 5/3/2014
The Perfect crime...
Reminds me of the method which might be used by time travelers to remove people right before they died to prevent paradoxes.

Of course that was before realizing that switching people out with a golem body they would control from a virtual reality pod long before their actual death would be much safer, but then both methods are rather old if effective methods aren't they.

Using someone else's corpse instead of your own, and having someone pretend to be you for a dangerous situation.
Alexja2013 chapter 53 . 1/26/2014
.. you were serious. How is bellatrix gonna help?! She's a psychopath!
Grizzmon chapter 53 . 1/15/2014
Oh, then Harry screwed it up?
Transcendent Equinox chapter 53 . 12/10/2013
At the very end... you have Harry committing a logical fallacy. Really, misplacing the burden of proof? It's supposed to be on the affirmative rather than the negative. Oh well, it's still an excellent story...
567zoock67 chapter 53 . 11/30/2013
Damn. You just had to put a cliffhanger there didn't you? Well I wonder who screwed it up. My guesses are Harry.

The characterization of Bellatrix in this chapter was perfect, just how I imagined her to be after she escaped from Askabam. And Professor Quirrell's warnings against her are seriously making me (the reader) feel scared on Harry's behalf. I've no doubt Bellatrix is a skilled legimentist and once she regains her powers (perhaps in a day or two) she'll be deadlier then ever.
Guest chapter 53 . 10/17/2013
"No plausible way for him (Quirrel) to be possessed by the shade of He who must not be named. "-LOL
iharasu chapter 53 . 6/11/2013
I hope to *god* that Quirrell isn't evil in this one, it would crush Harry into itty-bitty pieces.
L.E chapter 53 . 5/16/2013
Interesting chapter.
Guest chapter 53 . 3/22/2013
The darkness password is the most obvious password ever. The minutiae would be difficult to attain, but Voldemort's main philosophy is that people who stand against him would be destroyed by him. He should've picked something like" Will dance in the cherry rain of Atlantis".
WildCard-Yes Man chapter 53 . 12/21/2012
Ahhhhhh, crap... How did Harry mess this up?
voodooqueen126 chapter 53 . 8/2/2012
So she did sincerely love Voldemort, in a similar way to say Eva Braun? That being the case, how can she be said to be innocent?
PinkMusicalCherry chapter 53 . 7/3/2012
"Harry had asked why Professor Quirrell couldn't be the one to play the part of the Dark Lord, and Professor Quirrell had pointed out that there was no plausible reason for him to be possessed by the shade of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named"

ALL YOUR LITTLE REMARKS THAT DRAW PARALLELS BETWEEN CANON AND YOUR STORY ARE SO GREAT!
YlvaThorgalsdottir chapter 53 . 6/27/2012
Aww, I so hoped Harry would turn around and rescue Sirius anyway...
timunderwood9 chapter 53 . 4/3/2012
I love the way you manage to get characters doing insane, stupid and inconsistent things to work right. Such as Harry following the 'hero' narrative to rescue Bellatrix (and even buying the idea that it mattered at this point how she'd been turned by the dark lord), or in the most recent chapter him saying with a straight face to Dumbledore that Hermione had an infinite value.
AR chapter 53 . 9/22/2011
I wonder if you named this arc for Zimbardo because of Bellatrix's nature. Or simply because it fit with the theme.

But I dont know...this whole thing seems astronomically stupid. And I wonder why the boy does not realize that he is just NOT being rational
Isa Knightwalker chapter 53 . 7/20/2011
Well I didn't really like this chapter very much, especially compared to some of your others (although I mostly don't like this plotline since it is weird and kind of boring to me compared to things like the army battles, etc, so that is probably why I'm not enjoying these chapters as much as some of your others). Last line made me curious though!
TsukiNoBara chapter 53 . 5/11/2011
I have no idea where you're going with this.

One one hand, it's friggin' BELLATRIX.

On the other hand, Scabbers wasn't Pettigrew, and Narcissa is dead.

Other changes, I would be willing to put down to the parallel universe aspect of the fic. People are acting differently because Harry is acting differently, and Harry is acting differently because he was raised by different people.

But Harry having different parents/caretakers/guardians couldn't possibly have changed those two aspects of the story.

Which makes me more willing to believe that Bellatrix isn't quite the same as she was in the books.

But still...
mika772010 chapter 53 . 3/20/2011
Felt like not enough happened in that chapter, it was barely an appetizer.
teachergirl chapter 53 . 3/18/2011
I'm confused by your characterization of Harry. When Draco wanted his help against Dumbledore, Harry required multiple safeguards in case Dumbledore was innocent. When Quirrel wants his help to free Bella, Harry doesn't even ask for one. Even in your AU story, Bella is guilty of the crime against Neville's parents. Yes, she was seduced by the dark, but that's what happens when you play in that playground. It doesn't make you innocent when you give in. She wasn't under the Imperious; she gave herself over That makes her extremely guilty. How does Harry face Neville from now? I thought he wasn't going to hurt Neville any longer? Until now, your Harry was very consisent. This makes no sense to me!
ARMH chapter 53 . 2/26/2011
Great forshadowing at the end there, and Quirrell's line about him being an unreasonable candidate to house Voldemort's soul was hilarious. I have to say, I miss the little Rowling jokes at the top of each chapter.
Spirit chapter 53 . 2/24/2011
"(Harry had asked why Professor Quirrell couldn't be the one to play the part of the Dark Lord, and Professor Quirrell had pointed out that there was no plausible reason for him to be possessed by the shade of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.)"

I so love the irony in this.
E.A.V chapter 53 . 11/29/2010
Very sad and interesting interpretation of the dementors place in Wizarding society!
Gryffindor for Chaos chapter 53 . 11/26/2010
I notice that I am confused about something in this chapter. Why did Quirrell leave the bottle of potion in the room?

In theory, the escape is supposed to go unremarked. But the potion later turns out to be the animagus potion (I thought originally it would be Liquid Luck, for a similar reason - what else could someone get lucky about in azkaban?), which indicates the Bellatrix escaped. So actually quirrell is letting everyone know that an escape took place, when in theory there should have been no notice.

The only explanation I can think of is that it's a fallback in the case someone discovers she was escaped later, but it's meant to be unnoticed at the time she dies. However it does not seem well enough hidden for that, and even then why leave a clue at all? I'm still confused. Something does not add up.
Aris Katsaris chapter 53 . 11/21/2010
Wow, I just realized, on reread, what Bellatrys meant by her comment about the wand: She hid in in the graveyard, before she left from the rendevouz place. Which very strongly indicates that Voldemort gave his wand to her before he went to the Potters.

Whoa. That in turn strongly implies that he knew or guessed his body would be destroyed, and that he didn't want to lose his wand as well, and that's why he left it to her. So very intriguing.

Kudos again, Eliezer! I almost missed all that.
Tangshou chapter 53 . 11/12/2010
There must be some reason that Quirrel wants Bellatrix to believe Harry is Voldemort. It would have been easier to just make her unconscious. Though maybe keeping her awake was a backup - so she could still act if something happened to Quirrel.

Her 'love' is probably from the same spell that Tom Riddle's mother used on his father. Voldemort cast it on Bella. Quirrel might be planning to remove the love spell, in which case Bella's will have her memories of the love but not the love itself. This will make her Harry's biggest enemy.
Indigo Ziona chapter 53 . 10/31/2010
Aaaaaargh, killer last line! How could you? Aaaaaaargh!

"Your wand," murmured Bellatrix, "I hid it in the graveyard, my lord, before I left... under the tombstone to the right of your father's grave..."

That's one nasty plothole filled. Thank you for your services to the fan community.

Haha. I'm worried by the thought of lead-pipe Legilimency though :)
ejhawman chapter 53 . 10/30/2010
Too short. You don't need to break chapters up THIS finely.

The musings on perfect crimes: I forget where I saw this reasoning originally. Something to the effect that perfect crimes aren't the ones that never get solved - they are the ones no one ever realizes were committed. But here you say Harry will screw it up -
mantimeforgot chapter 53 . 10/28/2010
In what possible world could Quirrelmort have possibly deduced that Harry would A) Try to throw his Patronus in front of Death Spell & B) That the Patronus constituted something which would interact (let alone counteract or negate) with Death Spell?

Harry has not let on to this "little secret" about the true Patronus. Quirrelmort almost certainly could deduce that Harry would try to stop him from killing the guard (This presumes that he was not caught up in the moment of having a "splendid battle" which it seems reasonable to assume that he enjoys; tests of prowess and what not), but not that Harry would use his Patronus or that they would even interact.

To arrive at such a conclusion via planning: I think you would need three things (one of which is complete fabrication on my part). Voldemort in the past tried using Avada Kedavra on a Dementor and noticed that it got stronger (this has not been established in any way shape or form) and thus concluded that Dementors were death (he has no Patronus and thus no other way to figure out Dementors are death). He then used this information combined with Harry's statement about allowing his supreme confidence in overcoming death to be his happy thought to conclude that "anti-death" Patronus some sort of bastion of Life. He would then need to conclude from Harry's statement about being a Light Lord and possibly speaking with other students about his "hero complex" to arrive at the conclusion that Harry would most likely try to combat Avada Kedavra by intervening with his Patronus.

Now without any connection between Death Spell and Dementor exactly how would Quirrelmort make any such connections? Even if he thought that Harry might try such a thing (even with no reason to assume that an interaction would take place); why would he "experiment" with unknown magics in a prison filled with hostile magicians and several avatars of Death itself?

Certainly doesn't sound like rational Quirrelmort to me, even if he wanted Harry to get demented again...
dinosaurusgede chapter 53 . 10/27/2010
Ecellent chapter! Love it,
AlpineBob chapter 53 . 10/27/2010
"And it wasn't Professor Quirrell who screwed it up."

I beg to differ, but that'll wait till my next review.
Tall Tails - Feline Jaye chapter 53 . 10/26/2010
Ha ha - loved the last line.

(What I think I know and how I think I know it: If a perfect crime leaves no evidence than there is no perfect crime because a crime without evidence left can only be commited by commiting no crime. But if a perfect crime is just getting away with it with no suspicions following you, then sure it's possible.)
leonidus chapter 53 . 10/26/2010
'Harry had asked why Professor Quirrell couldn't be the one to play the part of the Dark Lord, and Professor Quirrell had pointed out that there was no plausible reason for him to be possessed by the shade of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.'

- I've to admit that one went without my noticing anything the first time I read this chapter. Golden! :-)
Little Lion chapter 53 . 10/25/2010
You've made Harry incredibly smart in terms of text-books- and incredibly dumb in terms of life-experiences. Which is fine if you're going to write a story about a magical child genius, and I've followed without a hitch till now.

My qualm is this: Quirrell talks about a revolution in the Wizarding World. That he intends to overthrow a corrupt government. All well and good, but he doesn't explain what he intends to replace it with- something any revolutionary LOVES to boast about. Recruiting speeches often go something along the lines of "This philosophy of government is wrong because of this and this and this. With my philosophy of government this and this and this will be better."

Maybe I just missed it, but where's Quirrell's explanation? And why hasn't Harry been questioning this at all? It seems like he's been questioning virtually every other "solid" aspect of the wizarding world until now, but when it comes to this he's just going along with it? I'm not sold.
badkidoh chapter 53 . 10/25/2010
Another great chapter.
Kutta chapter 53 . 10/25/2010
Great chapter.
Kewangji chapter 53 . 10/25/2010
Am I the only one who imagined Kirsten Stewart as Bellatrix? A pale, ghostlike, dead-to-the-world kind of Kirsten Stewart?
Selquist chapter 53 . 10/25/2010
Dude. That's f***ed up. That was my reaction to HP impersonating Voldie. I feel like their shouldn't be anything particularly immoral about it, but it is unsettling.

I just read 3 world's collide, and this felt much more *wrong* to me, perhaps because I can empathize with the characters and imagine their pain, more than I can imagine the pain of aliens. (Also... 1 hp vs millions of babies?)

The last line does not work with the mistake being afterward. If the reader stops reading after chapter 53, it seems as though there may be a puzzle-try and find the mistake in chapter 52/53. This works ok. However if the reader continues on for half a chapter, because they will find a big mistake there, and forget about any previous mistakes. It could still be a puzzle of something like "don't forget earlier events, just because something exciting happened", but then it seems out of place, and like an author's note of "hey, there is a puzzle here" instead of fitting into the story like the previous puzzles and riddles.

I'll be reading this section again to see if I spot anything, but that is more because I'm slightly confused as to why this was in the story, and to see if it adds anything.
Morbious20 chapter 53 . 10/25/2010
Great chapter
Nibbles the Chicken chapter 53 . 10/25/2010
Error. This chapter is the same as the previous.
Vampyromaniac chapter 53 . 10/25/2010
"You found it expedient, or perhaps just amusing, to make Bellatrix fall in love with you, to bind her to your service...She loves you utterly, completely, with her whole being. You do not return her love, but consider her useful. She knows this."

From the mouth of the Dark Lord himself, those words are UTTERLY CHILLING. Quirrellmort must be getting some twisted pleasure out of roleplaying that which he knows only too well, lacing his instructions to Harry with insights into himself that his enemy/protege cannot guess are truth rather than empathetic prediction. He crafts these descriptions as a proud parent would tell an anecdote of a cherished child.

"that even - when you came - you still wouldn't love me - never - you would never love me back...I'm not pretty any more, you won't even, be able, to use me, as a reward, for your servants - even the Lestranges, won't want, to hurt me, any more -"

That is some powerful writing right there. How is it that you have found pity left in me for she who tortured Neville's parents into insanity, and made me agree with "There was a knife stabbing through Harry's heart, he'd never heard anything so terrible, he wanted to hunt down the Dark Lord and kill him just for this"?

And at last the relationship between Bellatrix Black and Rudolphus Lestrange is revealed in your mythology. Does Lesath know that he is essentially a rape baby? MoR!Voldemort seems all the more terrible for it.

I still don't like this mysterious cover about Bellatrix being broken by magic Darker than any Imperius curse, that Harry buys so easily, on which we never get any further elaboration. We can see by the way MoR!Bellatrix behaves, that she is not the cold-blooded monster of canon, and certainly deserves some sympathy too, but I am not convinced that she could be called "innocent", and you're asking us to take your word for it.

At last we get a glimpse of the reason behind the sense of doom emanating from Quirrellmort, that is only perceived by Harry - they are marked as equals, share a soul fragment and (if you intend to include the wandlore of canon) are connected via those twin wands, each with a feather from Fawkes. The sense of doom that sets Harry's spidey senses tingling must be a little bit like the feeling of impending doom that I experienced while reading chapter 52, practically pleading with my computer screen, 'No Harry don't do it! Just because his thinking is rational doesn't mean his words are truthful!'

From my point of view, the cognitive barrier that makes me think Harry a fool here is not the automatic recognition of "rescue Bellatrix from Azkaban" as "dumb" but the recognition of "do what Voldemort wants" as "dumb". It is impossible to forget, once we fans learned in Philosopher's Stone, that Quirrellmort is evil and so we lose sight of the fact that Harry does not know, and face-palm that he cannot read the signs of the defense professor's Darkness (how will he react to the attempted murder he witnessed today?). It is frustrating when "Harry didn't particularly want to think about how Professor Quirrell had gotten that password. His brain, which thought about it anyway, suggested that it had probably involved a Death Eater, a quiet isolated place, and some lead-pipe Legilimency." Speaking of which, is "lead pipe legilimency" just brute force mind-reading, or is it a euphemism for beating someone about the head with a lead pipe until they fess up? P

"Professor Quirrell had pointed out that there was no plausible reason for him to be possessed by the shade of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named"

Hilarious because it's so true! Book 1 never did give us an explanation of how the Dark Lord came to inhabit a man so unremarkable as Quirrell. Even if he was chosen for being weak-willed and harmless-seeming to the world, we never got (from my memory) any mechanism tracing from Voldemort's disappearance to his reappearance ten years later. Quirrell's very reasonable reasoning here is all the more delicious for the dramatic irony of course, as with the other instances where you mock the flimsier aspects of canon.

What is the "empty glass flask with small traces of golden fluid clinging to its inside"? Either I have forgotten too much canon to guess what magical item this refers to, or it is one in a long list of conspicuous odd things in this fanfic for me to hope will be explained later.

Xiaoguang? As in, Chinese for "little light"? For the name of an auror using a Patronus on a daily basis? Whether or not that was deliberate, it is neat.
w chapter 53 . 10/25/2010
Interesting question how to suspend disbelief and good point about Sirius. The problem with this is that canon-aside, you've also established _in the story_ evilness of Bellatrix much more than that of Sirius, with Neville and Draco's account. Sirius, for all the story knows, didn't torture anyone. Furthermore, this aside, all this is Gryffindoring and would work in the canon much more than here. Not to mention that he never displayed any particular want for becoming a hero (ruling the universe doesn't count). He was never adventurous.

You _could_ help a little bit by adding a torturing background to Sirius too and having Harry think about them both. Add somewhere that he did have book heros; having him dream about adventures would be completely off-note, though (which is why he feels so stupid in 52). And have Quirrell (wandlessly) add a mood-enhancing drug to the meal at Mary's Place, promoting heroish moods. Come to think of it, the last suggestion would be sufficient on its own. I don't know how much of further plot this would affect, but I do think Harry's actions in 52 violate suspension of disbelief on so many levels and if you could help it, it'd be better for the story. Once again, you can't have a character so rational, so anti-Gryffindor simply jump into extremely risky action, in particular when he _does_ mention (correctly) that reward should correspond to a risk and when he _does_ think (correctly) that he only has Q's word for information about Bella.
Sienf chapter 53 . 10/25/2010
Heh, brilliant last hook :D

But I very much like the last argument about the perfect crime: I mean... you'd only know about the ones that didn't succeed, right? If nothing else, bragging about the crime you committed and were not punished for is just asking for trouble (and will eventually get you it), so...

Nicely done, as a roleplayer I quite appreciate how you manage to maintain Harry's ignorance to canon knowledge and not bias him towards (or against) anything this particular version of him would or would not do...

*eagerly moves on to the next bit*
Arkh Cthuul chapter 53 . 10/25/2010
Ahh, interesting...
Dureth chapter 53 . 10/25/2010
Awesome. Perfect length.
Armagnac chapter 53 . 10/25/2010
So who's the Stanford prison experiment subject in this set of chapters, Harry or the Azkaban guards? Or wizarding society at large?
Sarshi chapter 53 . 10/24/2010
Perfect crimes are said not to exist because it would be better if people stopped attempting to do them? (or doing them?)
me chapter 53 . 10/24/2010
In your author comments for this chapter, you mention that people's belief that Bellatrix is evil, influences whether or not they think that Harry rescuing her is dumb. While probably true, there are other reasons.

The chief one that comes to mind for me, is that it's impossible for Harry himself to prove that Bellatrix is innocent. Quirrel told him that there was some twisted dark arts at work that enslaved her to Voldemort. Even if that was true, Harry wouldn't be able to confirm it himself. And even if Quirrel 'breaks' the curses, and Bellatrix becomes different, Harry wouldn't be able to tell if Quirrel wasn't actually putting curses on her, instead of taking them off.

Secondly, surely Harry would have tried to get Sirius freed as well, or at least brought it up to Quirrel, as he thinks that the man's innocent. If you cover this in ch. 54, or later, as seems likely, my apologies. :D

All that being said, Harry's not perfect (nor am I...) Furthermore, Harry would probably just do it for the chance to get anybody out of that hell, regardless of her innocence.

That's just my opinion. Take it as you will. Thanks for the great writing (and speedy updates).
Pandora of Ithilien chapter 53 . 10/24/2010
well... that was a surprise. i wasn't expecting her to be killed. i also was not expecting to feel any sympathy for her, but manipulation through love is... low, even for voldemort. god. doesn't excuse her, but it's still sad. i wonder what is going to go wrong...?
WestWard101 chapter 53 . 10/24/2010
While there may be wizards in Azkabhan who have committed grave crimes, I (and HPEV) don't believe anyone deserves to be tortured for decades until they die.

No one deserves to be in Azkabhan.
Exotria chapter 53 . 10/24/2010
Oh, don't argue with your reviewers that much, it takes away from the mysticism AND your editing time. Some of us need to sleep so we can do stuff in the morning.

Cannot accurately judge chapter in current state. Too cliffhung. Hung like a cliff. Sleepless.
Alex Mennen chapter 53 . 10/24/2010
"...that was the perfect crime which Professor Quirrell had planned.

And it wasn't Professor Quirrell who screwed it up."

Sure it was. Quirrell planned it, so if he relied on anyone acting in a way that ey didn't (presumably Harry Potter), then Quirrell made a mistake in planning it.

Also, Quirrell told Harry that Bellatrix was in love with Voldemort and had done his bidding. Harry still concludes that she is "innocent" enough to deserve rescue? Really? Yes, I have read the author's note addressing this, but it does not seem to do so adaquately. Am I missing something?

On another note, I love this rescue sequence. Very well-written, aside from what appears to me to be confusion over what Harry knows about Bellatrix.
Eli Courtwright chapter 53 . 10/24/2010

I literally laughed out loud at this - congratulations on another great chapter with another terrible cliffhanger. Damn you, I'll be hitting refresh every minute until you finish editing Chapter 54!
outlawpoet chapter 53 . 10/24/2010
"Professor Quirrell had pointed out that there was no plausible reason for him to be possessed by the shade of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named."

This is my favorite sentence you've published for a while, for the sheer dissonance of it all.
Oxi-Nu chapter 53 . 10/24/2010
Do want chapter 54! Staying up late til I get it!
Speechwriter chapter 53 . 10/24/2010

Hahahahahhah.

Your last lines are killer, you know that? So it wasn't Quirrell who screwed it up, eh... What did Mr. Potter do this time?

Harry's ability to guess so vividly what Voldy would say in his position is sort of unnerving. The fact that such a mindset comes so easily to him is telling of his ability to be... (dramatic music)... a Dark Lord, I'm sure.

Keepin' an eye on that, and for the next chapter.

Thanks for the prompt (oh, so prompt) update.
ilikebluepineapples chapter 53 . 10/24/2010

Ahaha. Dramatic irony.

Also darnit, Harry isn't possessed :( At least, no more than he was before. I am sadness.
ChocolateMilk2 chapter 53 . 10/24/2010