Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
thepkrmgc chapter 59 . 8/2/2014
I wonder what dumbledor will get up to on his adventures through time, because harry's been compromised by this point
Guest chapter 59 . 7/12/2014
Did I miss how Harry got rid of the Trace Charm? According to the Harry Potter wiki ( wiki/Underage_magic) (Which I presume is a lot more precise than my memory) the ministery supervises all underage magic outside school territory. Amelia Bones would probably not have anticipated she was searching for an underage warlock, but some guard/superviser in the ministery might have wondered why a student from Hogwarts suddenly seemed to be inside Azkaban. Maybe it's a bug in their system due to automation, would explain a lot. Also chapter 38, though King's Cross probably is a grey zone area.
Bob chapter 59 . 5/25/2014
Not on this chapter, but rather on all the azkaban escape saga:
The only part of the story I didn't like, mostly because of uncharacteristic behaviour of characters (mostly Harry)/ Yet, the thing that bothered me most about this saga is the fact that students outside of hogwarts, unless i'm terribly mistaken, can not preform any magic without the ministry finding out about it immediately, a fact that has no mention or explanation for how Harry didn't immediately get an angry letter from the ministry.
silverrain-shiningsun chapter 59 . 5/22/2014
and why had he listened to Professor Quirinus "I asssure you, boy, I would not attempt thisss if I did not anticipate my own ssurvival" Quirrell instead of Professor Michael "Son, if you try anything to do with rockets on your own, I mean anything whatsoever without a trained professonal watching, you will die and that will make Mum sad" Verres-Evans.

Hahaha
Grizzmon chapter 59 . 1/15/2014
Harry, Harry, you are playing a very dangerous game.
MAC chapter 59 . 6/12/2013
OK, here's a WILD thought: Dr. Camblebunker is Narcissa. Dumbledore didn't kill Narcissa; he just faked the burning scene, got her the hell out of Malfoy Manor and moved her to wherever it is, where she became some kind of healer. Quirrell put Bellatrix into the care of her sister. Of course Dr. Camblebunker doesn't LOOK like Canon Narcissa, but that doesn't seem like a hopeless impediment. Quirrell doesn't look like whoever he used to be either, or Dumbledore would have recognized him. I don't know why she calls Quirrell Jeremy, but they seem to be old friends.

I told you it was wild. :-)
L.E chapter 59 . 5/16/2013
This was such a fantastic and funny chapter!
Nick Martin chapter 59 . 2/4/2013
I knew this wouldn't end well.
LunaSakne chapter 59 . 10/14/2012
Oh Wow. They did manage to get out of Azkaban. I loved it how the aurors were actually being professional and efficient, allowing no easy loopholes for the escapees. Escape tales that make guards stupid are a letdown.
voodooqueen126 chapter 59 . 8/2/2012
After all that we won't get to explore Bellatrix as a character? Seems like a lost oppurtunity.
Dumdee chapter 59 . 7/13/2012
I've noticed that you repeatedly type 'Ennervate' as 'Innervate'.
You may want to change this...
Have a nice day!
Krael chapter 59 . 3/2/2012
The convict saying "I'm not serious, I'm not serious..."

Could he be, you know, Peter, you know, saying that he's not Sirius?

I noticed this on my second re-reading. That I love the whole thing goes without saying.
Stop making me cry dammit chapter 59 . 2/25/2012
I just read the entirety of this fanfiction, but I'm commenting here because this and chapter 62 were probably my favorite chapters. They were also the ones that made me cry the most.

Mainly because of this:

"That is the Sun, dear Bella."

And this:

"You went to Azkaban," Harry whispered, "you took Fawkes with you, he saw - you saw - you were there, you saw - WHY DIDN'T YOU DO ANYTHING? WHY DIDN'T YOU LET THEM OUT?"

JESUS.

In chapter 59, Bellatrix having been in prison for so long that she doesn't even remember what the sun looks like had me bawling. It was well-written and didn't come off as narmy, but the worst part for me is that I could actually imagine it happening in real life. It might sound silly, and it's probably just cause of an overactive imagination, but I can see prisoners in places like Guantanamo Bay having just forgotten about the good things in life because of the conditions they've been living in, but we're all fine with it cause they're criminals and it's fine not to think of them as in Jamaica, there used to be a facility called Tranquility Bay where children are taken to -with their parents' consent- and are emotionally broken in order to make them docile and compliant. If the children didn't obey, they were forced to lie facedown on a concrete floor until they submitted. It actually sounds like real-life Azkaban, and their parents were usually happy with the results!

And in chapter 62, just the emotional intensity of Harry's rant was enough to make me cry. I felt sorry for Harry and the prisoners in Akaban, but I also felt horrible for Dumbledore (who still is one of my favorite characters ever)because first he gets that and more said to him and then has to watch his familiar and his student walk away. I felt even worse after reading chapter 76.

So yeah. This is the end of my very long review, sorry for the rant.
AR chapter 59 . 9/22/2011
I'll say more in the next chapter.

Great writing
wes chapter 59 . 6/7/2011
Since i have read about Harry's true patronus that uses his life and mind as fuel but gives most back through its light. I have wondered what if he casts the patronus and tells it to walk and move in the same space as harry.

Like the patronus and harry's body happen to occupy the same space.

Harry would then have a patronus that is invisible to students who do not know how to detect such, and he would also have his entire body glow (for the patronus is casting light from beneath), which is useful in convincing others he is good.

I have long judged a good book to be one that temporarily takes over my imagination, therefore A and good work
Marius Khushrenada chapter 59 . 4/13/2011
All around excellent.

Just finished reading, and this is very likely the best piece of fanfiction i've ever read.
ARMH chapter 59 . 2/27/2011
Good chapter. It's fun to see the interactions between Harry's personality components. It's surprising how many he has.
Keimarios chapter 59 . 2/14/2011
Been wondering this for a while actually. Since Rationalist!Harry fully denies death will he be able to see Thestrals. The Thestrals are a magical species of flying horses that can only be seen by people who have seen and accepted the concept of death. Does this Harry fully deny death or does he think he understands it and just doesn't want to experience it or anyone he cares about experience it? Just throwing this question out for some clarification.
bolson chapter 59 . 12/25/2010
The whole series has been awesome. I've recommended it to several friends. The first chapters were a little preachy, but the story and the characters and the thinking have been a gripping read the whole time.

A previous version of this chapter contained the preface quip "What does the scouter say about the number of reviews?" which I take as a reference to the DragonBall Z manga/anime. If the author is familiar with that, then I hope he is familiar with the problems of threat inflation, where every new villain is bigger and badder than the previous, and pretty soon we graduate from city-killers to country-killers to planet-killers to universe-killers to things that destroy the universe of the living and all the afterlives too.

I really hope he finds a good way to de-escalate after these last few chapters of pretty intense and groundbreaking action.
Skay-39 chapter 59 . 12/13/2010
Hum, okay, juste forget about my yesterday comment about the Innervate thing, I was probably tired or drunk or something.
Skay-39 chapter 59 . 12/11/2010
Just a quick review to point something that looks like a mistake to me ; I haven't read the comments, and so do not know if someone already mention it and got an answer. In TSPE p9, when the doctor mention that if an Innervate didn't awake professor Quirrell - and then Harry said that he didn't tried that - but he did ask to Bellatrix to cast it in p5, and it failed. So it may be an error from Harry, or a lie, or just an error from the autor...

By the way, omygod-this-whole-Azkaban-stuff-was-AWESOME !
E.A.V chapter 59 . 11/29/2010
Yowzah!
Judah chapter 59 . 11/26/2010
I dislike how you enjoy breaking up tense action moments with a script-like fannon cliche rundown:

Griffindor Harry: makes stupid yet brave suggestion

Slytherin Harry: makes devious yet morally bankrupt suggestion

Normal Harry: argues with self.

I don't think this adds anything to your fic, and it personally annoys me during my reading experience. On another note, I recently re-read 'Dead Beat' in the Dresden files and the antagonists have a 'lifeist' perspective you enjoy going on about in your notes. Elizabeth Moon also tackles lifeist issues in her Herris Serrano series (book three, 'Winning Colors' I think it was) where a rejuvenation process effectively gives unlimited lifespans to a select wealthy few. A major problem - dementia; this isn't the main focus, but it is a sideplot.
Allejen chapter 59 . 11/25/2010
I liked the part of this chapter where the physics governing Harry's broom's flight change when he converts it to a rocket-assisted broomstick. What a thing to try to recover from while traveling at high speed, dodging spells (which seem to go where you point them but slowly enough that they can be dodged, and so don't act like typical projectiles), and avoiding walls!
kutta chapter 59 . 11/24/2010
Great chapter.
Alex chapter 59 . 11/23/2010
s/professonal/professional/g
anonymous chapter 59 . 11/22/2010
What? Nine thousand?

There's no way that can be right.
Squeamish chapter 59 . 11/22/2010
Sun, clouds, memories, and tears...

Thanks again.
Guest chapter 59 . 11/21/2010
Kudos for HP/MoR. What they said- had hours of hilarious fun, most well written, worthy successor of the Enders theme. I quote it make my days on their (un)-regular basis. JKR Original works will never ever again work for me, seem dull, sad, stupid. Thanks for changing my life.
animejunk chapter 59 . 11/21/2010
There is one glaring miscalculation on Harry's part, that I believe was missed so far:

Transfiguration Aurors Rocket fumes

I wonder how many Aurors actually DIED during Harry's escape from Azkaban. I don’t know many things, that can produce and spread gases better than rocket exhaust, and I don’t believe many of Aurors had protections against breathing them.
Sarshi chapter 59 . 11/21/2010
That was... complicated.

I like complicated.

Love the way Newtonian physics kicked in, btw ))

And I can say that by now I'm thoroughly confused as to what Quirrel really wants.
Chaotic Reactions chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
Cameo'd! Whoo! As an inventor too. You have pleased this engineer-in-training greatly. Thank you!

And great job, as always. And now we have more Time Turner Nightmare Fuel to add to 'DO NOT MESS WITH TIME'.
Maleon chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
1) The generic 'I love you story', because it is one of the best fanfics (and not just Harry Potter) I've read, and of the one's I'd count as amoung the best it is certaintly the most regularly updated, and has probably gained the greatest number of words in the least amount of time. Some things could probably be done better, of course, as no human work is perfect, but MoR is definitely immpressive in the fact that not a single thing sticks out enough to remember!

2) You might or might not like the idea, but I just thought I might as well suggest that you put an * (or another symbol) next to the first chapter you download to indicate which to start at, as when you download several at a time, readers can accidentally read spoilers in later chapters as they look for the next one.

3) I hope my review helps this get even closer to the most reviewed Harry Potter fanfiction - I hadn't know it had so many! I normally only leave reviews for fanfics that are finished, have something so original or awsome I can't contain my praise, or have a flaw I wan't to point out to the author (or at least something that could be improved about something already satisfactory); but I'm thinking about starting to review a bit more, if it's really that satisfying to authors...
elej chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
completely confused with this little arc. When quirrel tells harry that there's an innocent in prison, why does harry suddenly jump to the conclusion that it's bellatrix? been waiting for further clarification but it hasn't appeared. if you hv changed something earlier to sastify this plotline, which chapter?

btw, enerverate starts with an e.
Last Alchemist chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
Just a minor quibble, which maybe someone has mentioned before. I thought the term was DISapparate, not apparate.

I'm glad the author suggested there was some magical means that kept Harry, Bellatrix, and Quirrel from being swept off the broomstick during the FOUR GEE acceleration. Then the flame would have toasted them.

Is Draco's mother dead? I missed that. What on earth for? Narcissa wasn't all that bad. Seems kind of gratuitous to kill her off. Someone suggested that maybe Bellatrix had killed her. But why would Bellatrix kill her own sister?

More likely Bellatrix killed her own husband, so she could change her name from Lestrange back to Black. That would make Bella a black widow. Who then retained ownership of the Lestrange vault at Gringotts? Just asking. After all, there is a Horcrux stored in that vault.
J-Kid chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
Oooooh.

Now, will Dumbledore's time travel make things better or worse?

I vote worse... .
Tom Buckner chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
As usual, I have no bleeding idea what happens next, and that is a very good thing. This fic is so good I feel like I should be paying for the privilege (the other thing I'm reading right now is Mason & Dixon by Thomas Pynchon, and this is just as enjoyable).

However, in the spirit of "What's the worst that could happen?" I wish to say I'm a little worried Bellatrix will turn out to be the person who killed Draco's mother and Harry might find himself compelled to destroy her later on to fulfill his vow to Draco...
Din chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
Since reviews are OVER NINE THOUSAND, perhaps its now time to pusch them UP TO ELEVEN?
person chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
...Going back in time, by this strange determinist world's rules, would either have succeeded or failed already. Since it's Dumbledore, I'd say it's succeeded. The rock? Granted, that makes no SENSE, but... well, since when has Dumbledore ever made sense?

Nice job noticing that about the broomsticks. (Though your explanation is nonsensical. Physics isn't like magic; it's true whether or not you know it. I'd believe, though, that someone went to the extra effort of making them work that way on purpose. ...And you're going to tell me about some fancy theory that allows physics to work however you think they do and I won't know enough to prove you wrong.) You'd think that would be obvious...

But I think the title for this arc doesn't fit. That or it's a huge spoiler. Did you just pick a random sciency phrase with the word "prison" in it? Anyway, the other thing is, changing the title without changing the count, even keeping the original title, is confusing.

Anyway, one more thing: this fic is absolutely awesome. I could elaborate, but why bother? "Awesome" is rather self-explanatory.
Miss Cow chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
Good chapter
Phoenix Flight chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
I'm not certain the riddle is even explainable at this point in the narrative.
dunadain chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
this arc is going far too long. finish it already will you? go back to Hogwarts, Draco, Hermione and Minerva already...
DrBlue2K chapter 59 . 11/20/2010

Because I'm the dark lord and will survive whether you do or not.

"It shouldn't have shaken the inner Harry so much, hearing that response, and yet he felt - he felt - unstable, like his own center had been subtracted -"

I can only assume you're suggesting that Harry's dark side has been extracted from him.
madbrad chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
Wow, Dumbledore's theory, that someone's possibly planning to reincarnate Voldemort at this early stage ... wow. Total surprise.

Aristotelian physics versus Newtonian - brilliant.

This story is one big - huge - enormous - question mark. I don't know what to make of Quirrell, what he's doing, at all.
mope chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
Finally a new chapter! My knuckles had turned white with anticipation.
Rigal chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
OH Fuck! it gets crazier every time! :D Can{t wait to read the next one, cuz I can{t imagine whats going to happen next! And as this is fanfiction Ive got to say its the first time I have no idea where this is going. So congrats!
PhiJ chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
Excellent chapter as always. But I think I've spotted a mistake, making me excited enough to post a review. Professor Quirrell transfigured the ice into the rocket in the last chapter, and although he appears to faint, the rocket hasn't turned back to ice (whereas when harry fainted in ch. 30, the diamond on his finger turned back into a marshmallow).

Of course it's possible that Quirrell didn't actually faint.

And I can't wait to see how much information Dumbledore gains when he goes back through time. He might be able to follow them through their entire trip (although he'd have to not get spotted, he is dumbledore and he probably has the deathly hallow wand). Or he might at least arrive just above Azkaban, and at least work out where their portkeys go.

Or probably something better than either.
yamiishot chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
Hmm, I must admit I don't know whats going to happen next.
Pentecost chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
Yes, but does this mean that Dumbledore has already gone back and attempted to protect Harry and failed? Or simply that we've just watched the original timeline which will now be disrupted and in essance earased? Good chapter, though.
Raw Power chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
Holy shit this chapter was awesome. To be precise, the very beginning was incerdibly exhilarating. Nothing better than beyond-terminal-velocity to make a ride exciting (girls usually seem immune to that sort of actiony sequences... we need to figure out why; is it hormonal? It's not like they dislike them, they just don't *care*). That said, well, besides the noise, maybe you could have said a word about the vibrations, and about how they managed to hang on to the vehicle with that many G's applied to them, and about how they managed to reliably change directions without lateral thursters and... okay, it could have been Harder Sci-Fi (you're turning HP into HARD SCI FI, this is so WRONG) but I suspect it would also have been more tedious. Anyway, it's not like you were a Rocket Scientist :P

I have thought I'd start posting reviews here because YES, THE PEN IS STILL MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD (you might want to check out a thing called Metal Wolf Chaos... Harry in a Mini Mecha... the thought just occurred to me... this works needs MOAR MAGITECH) and because it seems getting more reviews is good for the fic's prominence and I'm all about that. I'll still reproduce them on the TV Tropes fora for the sake of discussing them with my fellow tropers.
takenbydarkness chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
Yeah, I really like it and all, and your use of logic is great.

However, in your explanation of how a broomstick works I miss one thing: How, in canon, did Harry's broom fly into the womping willow when he fell of if there is no longer anything pushing it forward?

Also, how did Harry take the broom with him on portkey but Dumbledore apperated without, and did Dumbles broom stop mid-air or what?

Other than that confusion, me like
Arkh Cthuul chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
A...strange chapter. Lots of news, lots of plans. I do hope your next chapters will be here soon, as this one leaves LOTS of questions...
Lady of the Hunt chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
Day-amn. That took quite awhile. I wonder how long the fallout will take.
NougatEvolution chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
I love the portrayal of Harry changing his perceptions of Quirrel _without receiving any new information_, just based on a previous mistake. Of course, since he was more trustful than he should have been in the first place... but I feel sorry for his poor brain. And the, err, rather extreme predicament this whole affair has put everyone in.

Will totally be vicariously excited when this fic breaks 10,000 reviews, which looks like a virtual certainty if it keeps updating.
Peregrinate chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
Finally! I've been waiting, and waiting!

No, really, I have intelligent comments to make...Somewhere in my brain.

I'm sorry I can't find them at the moment, though. I saw Harry Potter 7(1) last night, and consequently got no sleep.

I hope you're including House Elves in this fic-I'd love to see what a Rationalist!Harry makes of those. Especially Dobby.

I don't know if you even read these reviews though... /
fsdfasefe chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
WHAT 9,000?
farwalker chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
this is really convoluted.
wisecurledqueen chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
Fantastic chapter! Humor, dispair, and what, exactly, is Dumbledore doing? Love love love it!

Thanks so much!

-curledruler
Morbious20 chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
Awesome chapter I see someone else is a bit of a DBZ Fan as well don't know if I've ever seen a story break the 10k mark so it'll be interesting to see .
confused by weird plot chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
clarification please. its all up in the air making no sense. what the hell is going on?
firedraygon chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
Love the inner voices in this chapter, especially Hufflepuff, haha. And almost thwarted by Newtonian physics! Awesome work, as always. Looking forward to the end of this little arc!

fd97
Lineape chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
Over nine thousand? THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!

Very good chapter, but I must however note the ridiculously long sentences during the broom escape. 261 Words? 152 words? Really?

-Lineape
godescalc chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
Great stuff, can't wait for the next chapter. A month without it is a woeful prospect, but good to know in advance.

Regarding MoR's success indicating a market for rationality, there's probably a lot of readers who wouldn't be in that market but for MoR getting them interested. I have a passing interest in philosophy and the nature of reason so was happy to check out bayesian rationality once MoR mentioned it (and would consider buying your book if it gets good reviews); but if MoR hadn't been so awesome I probably wouldn't have looked it up.
jdboss1 chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
Your statement "the fifth most reviewed Harry Potter fanfiction"

I would be really interested in learning how you manage to discover that I have been on the site now for a couple of years and I have not found an option on how to filter them into the most reviewed visited except I would be really grateful if anybody reading this review could message me on how to look it up

Now on to the story disappointing to hear you are going to be wrapping up this story in the next couple of chapters

One concern I would like you to address by the headmaster would allow Harry Potter more time with the defence teacher than absolutely necessary specially allowing him to take the boy on regular trips out of the school even if he is being followed by double doors Phoenix club

The communication mirrors should be an excellent tool for communication computers fibre optics being connected to a mirror fastest net on the planet

an expanded mirrors on a roof of a cave connected to several mirrors around the planet meaning that it always gets perfect sunlight for growing magical plants?

Really appreciated your broomstick analysis if I found myself encounter in a real magical broomstick I wouldn't like the idea of: one would expect the G forces to kill you

Best story of 2010 including professional writing hope you don't mind that could you post a preview of the book you're planning on selling from your descriptions of it and still quite confused of what it is after this work of yours I would probably like to purchase it

PS I see somebody stands to make a comic

translating this to other languages

when I've been attempting to do is find a decent text-to-speech program and turn this into a an audio book for when I'm in the car and what my whole family to hear it looks like and will be forced to record my dad reading this and then upload it to everybody to download( London accent)
emanon chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
My opinion of Harry is much lower at this point. Clever or not, he broke a convicted psychopath killer out of prison on nothing more than the word of his teacher. The healer's comments bring me back to something I mentioned earlier. Harry deserves to feel every bit of guilt when Bellatrix starts killing again.
Dur'id the Druid chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
And so this portion of the adventure ends, and not just one, but several twists to the plot happen. I didn't even think about the restoration ritual happening this early, or does Bella just need to be conscious for it?

Oh, and about the reviews, I fully expect the reviews of this to exceed 10000 before this story is done.
Anon chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
You're only setting yourself up for disappointment with that book, you know. The thing about this fanfiction is that you don't have to BUY it.
threecankeepasecret chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
I am somewhere between confusion and awe. Can't wait for the next chapter.
DualX chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
So apparently Albus is convinced that Harry is kidnapped..

And since he has no real confirmation on it, he has the ability to travel back in time and change it either way, or maybe even a third way... Maaah... Great chapter, fun to read D
Mac Ceallach chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
I wish to do my part to bring it up to ten thousand. A fantastic chapter, and the part about broomstick physics was inspired. My favorite line was 'Son, if you try anything to do with rockets on your own, I mean anything whatsoever without a trained professional watching, you will die and that will make Mum sad'. Thank you for writing!
Work Designer chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
Good update. Nice point about the aristotleian physics of the broomstick.

The battle of the time-turners that this chapter hints towards is going to be great. I'm one who still did not understand Primer properly, so I'll just kick back and take it as it comes.

I'm sad that the MOR series will take a hiatus, but I think it is better that you enjoy whatever you write and continue to deliver loads of awesome.
typo chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
"Harry's thoughts seemed to be moving oddly, too slow, everything felt distant, like there was a thick pane of glass between himself and the world, and another thick pane of glass between himself as his feelings, so that he could see, but not touch."

"himself as his feelings" should be "himself and his feelings"
Sepulchral-Roses chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
Wow.

I read this entire fanfiction in the course of a few days, and I'm amazed by the depth of thought you've put into it. I read the entire thing so quickly that much of Harry's reasoning escaped me (not that I would have understood much more had I read slowly). But that's what I really like about MoR. It makes me think.

You are a mad genius, and I am a big fan.

More MoR soon, please!
sweet chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
Excellent chapter!
Yvain01 chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
Hm. A Voldy resurrection ritual? That would explain a lot, sure. But Quirrell would've already taken the flesh (to play it safe in case Bella died in which case she couldn't have given it willingly and it would all be for naught), plus by the Laws of Fiction, it's got to be the mysterious thing Dumbledore fears even more. And how does that relate to Quirrell's stated intent to have Harry rule the country? Or was that just misdirection? I hope the next two chapters at least tie up this thread, because I don't want to spend a month waiting for answers.

PS: Bartemy Couch - Bart(em)y Crouch
bexis1 chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
Good thing that Dumbles had already figured out the perpetrator. Harry was toast at that point, anyway. That kind of JATO leaves behind plenty of residue, which the Aurors would certainly test given the rather spectacular nature of the incident. Once the residue was analyzed, it would point to Harry as the only one capable of coming up with that kind of thing.
w chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
Nice. Genuinely funny episode with the rocket, nice person of the 'healer', still suspense, ah, good stuff. "It was to have been " sounds weird though.
Luiz4200 chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
Changing history?
yrfgd chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
That was a fast moving and interesting chapter. nicely done. We know that Albus didn't "protect" Harry because the events here actually occurred. Be interesting to see what comes next, and what Quirrel is actually doing with all of this.
kitiem3000 chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
My mind is twisted. I can't even be critical of this any more. Dumbledore going back in time, Bellatrix out of the country, Harry passed out in some warehouse, and God only knows what Quirrel is doing. Right now I'm just curious what you are going to do with this mess. You haven't disappointed me yet, so it should be something good.
Gogolu chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
Nice.
Remoara chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
From A/N "I expect a large, fanatic fandom for these [non-fiction rationality] books"

Hell yeah! I for one will be voraciously consuming and promoting what you publish!
Baughn chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
Well. If we've learned anything, it is that time is consistent and unchangeable. So, given that.. what exactly does Dumbledore hope to do?
badkidoh chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
Another great chapter.
Tom Reagan chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
Another excellent chapter, Dumbledore and Amelia's sections in particular were very exciting and well-written.

Looking forward to see how this is all resolved.
Violet Shadows chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
I'm thinking temporal clusterfuck.
Heidinanookie chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
ha! Just like I said! What about aerodynamics and stuff? And how the hell is Harry able to hold his own weight on the broom if he's pulling 4 G's? I mean, he weighs maybe... 40 kilos and now he has to hold 160! Oh. Magic. I get it.

Well, now I'm curious how Dumbledore will get Harry out of this fix...

heidi
manonairs chapter 59 . 11/20/2010
LOL nice reference to Dragon Ball Z in the authors note at the start. love that line!

ooh so i like dumblerdore's theory on whether it is quirell doing the dirty, or perhaps harry, though he seems doubtly so far...once he goes back (and i assume gets mcgonagall to contact harry?) in time, will realise things are pretty dodgy!

great job can't wait for the next one!