Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
Majerus chapter 83 . 7/16
That piece... that piece is probably not coming back to the board in the same capacity :(
AlenDarkStar chapter 83 . 12/22/2018
Great chapter.
ahbuggrit chapter 83 . 3/13/2018
Aw, I was looking forward to Draco's return - I thought there might be a conversation between he and Hermione. Going to be interesting to see how the student body reacts to that news, and to Hermione returning
Guest chapter 83 . 12/10/2017
What? Malloy is not coming back? He JUST turned into my favourite :(
Guest chapter 83 . 4/19/2017
Oh well THIS will go brilliantly, I'm sure!
ack1308 chapter 83 . 4/12/2017
I like the 'glued the Dementor to the ceiling' rumour. Can we have that as canon?
The Anguished One chapter 83 . 8/28/2016
Lucius is withdrawing Draco from Hogwarts? No, this can't stand. Harry is so close to making him a true scientist, to breaking the last bits of that pureblood nonsense in him.
Montara chapter 83 . 1/26/2016
Oh, no! Draco isn't coming back! And Riddle is detained by the Aurors! That means Draco will turn dark?! What about Riddle? Will Harry try to help him too?
ShadowLDrago chapter 83 . 11/2/2015
Draco withdrawn from Hogwarts, oh dear.
GreatWyrmGold chapter 83 . 9/11/2015
I'll be honest...even with that last-sentence revelation, the thing that sticks with me the most is the image of Harry gluing a Dementor to the ceiling. I don't know why, though.
PA chapter 83 . 5/24/2015
noooo... draco ;_;
MeiPhantomhive chapter 83 . 10/6/2014
...Princess Mallie's not coming back... :(
rakoun17 chapter 83 . 9/3/2014
NOOOOO! dont take draco away!
thepkrmgc chapter 83 . 8/3/2014
shame that malfoy isnt at hogwarst anymore, i hope we still see how he reacts to harry's support of hermione and his struggles at home now that he has embraced rationality
Guest chapter 83 . 6/3/2014

The entire class gasped at this; it wasn't so much that the threat was fatal, as that it broke the safety rules for Transfiguration.

*cackles merrily*
Alexja2013 chapter 83 . 2/3/2014
Dum dum dummm.. I actually like Draco in this story though
addikhabbo chapter 83 . 8/28/2013
Ouch!
Luna's Meow chapter 83 . 4/8/2013
So Malfoy is going to be his enemy then? Draco, who knows Science. Who will tell his father everything with time, if not immediately. Following the rules are you? Can't give Harry a lightsaber without giving Voldemort the Death Star? Good then. I haven't been disappointed yet despite my previous reviews, or I would have stopped reading. I can't wait to see how this all goes.

Oh, and I suspected that Draco would be the enemy for a while. Just wasn't sure how you'd bring it about. But Draco being enraged at Hermione, who he believes turned on him for no reason, and then being angry at Harry for choosing her over him, and choosing not to kill Dumbledore after knowing what he does... Very good.
NightHerald chapter 83 . 3/12/2013
No Draco! He was my favorite character I don't want to see him go! Draco is going to get some serious brainwashing from his father to reverse what Harry did, only I have a feeling it's not going to really work. He knows deep down all the blood purist stuff is shit, and he's going to have to keep up an impeccable charade all his life. Or maybe his father will try veritaserum on him till he really gets it right. I feel so sorry for him now! D:

And Hermione is not going to like being Harry's servant, it's exactly what she was trying to fight before. She is now officially his possession. And it's all Mr. Hat and Cloak's fault (who I suspect of being Quirrell)

And poor poor Harry.

Everyone's life is ruined.
Enei Emmu chapter 83 . 2/5/2013
Oh, bloody hell. Doesn't Lucius know Harry's going to storm his house for this? Doesn't he know to expect an army of Dementors following the Boy Who Lived? And has the idiot forgotten that he CAN'T cast a Patronus, whereas Harry can KILL Dementors with one?
voodooqueen126 chapter 83 . 8/3/2012
A bit short, yet it gets a great deal of important information out.
PinkMusicalCherry chapter 83 . 7/12/2012
AHHHHHHHHH I LOVED YOUR QUIRRELL SO MUCH WHY MUST HE TURN OUT TO BE NOT QUIRRELL :( I have to say, when she was questioning him and working out who he was, he actually could have been Tom Riddle hahaha. That'd be almost as awesome as if it was real Quirrell.
TamH70 chapter 83 . 6/1/2012
Hmm. How to do spoilers on this site? Oh, well.

The author's notes from chapter 18 onwards are available here. pub/adelenedawner/Eliezer.

I have no idea where one could find the notes for the other 17 chapters. Sorry.
Lendary chapter 83 . 4/26/2012
(continuation of my review for chapter 85 fanfiction net cut of this part)

(continuation of my review for chapter 85 fanfiction net cut of this part)

When you finish with HPMOR please continue writting fiction.

Thank You.

(I would've submitted this review earlier, but I was busy reading the Sequences on Less Wrong.)
Rationally Procrastinative chapter 83 . 4/14/2012
People keep saying that the author’s notes confirm that Quirrell is Voldemort. Could someone please provide a link, or, if the notes are no longer online, does someone have a cached copy of the original notes? Plenty of reviewers have confidently made statements that were contradicted by the text I could find, so, like Harry, I would like evidence, not inference.

And if it is the case that the author’s notes provided clues that are no longer available, then I am irritated that those of us who started reading later have a handicap that others do not. The universe is not fair, but the author can choose to be.
Everettspartisan chapter 83 . 4/10/2012
We'll. I don't think it is much of a prediction that things are going to get interesting.

Hypothesis - Harry Potter had been possessed by the spirit of Voldemort. From the outside the evidence for this is becoming increasingly strong. Harry the only person to survive the unblockable curse? That cold, clear voice speaking words no first year should? Those tricks and traps as yet employed to with childish contests?

Also those members of the Wizengmot don't know of the prophecy, or may think it already carried through. If I were them I would be bending my mind to ways to bring the potential new threat to an end before it comes fully into it's power.

From the point of view of someone gathering evidence for a possession hypothesis the final outcome must look very worrying indeed. So Harry lost 100,000 Galleons, what did he gain? A minion bound to his name and magic, another general of an army and (some research will soon show) one of the most promising witches of her generation. She might well be looking like this generations Belletrix Black.

As for Malfoy? A punishment for his father's failure of loyalty?

Very interested to see where things go on from here
Neddie chapter 83 . 4/10/2012
so dramatic! And so just... absorbing. I'd planned to read a new chapter a week this time, to tide me over, but that just didn't happen.

Thank you for the wonderful read.
translorentz chapter 83 . 4/10/2012
Many writers, after getting the swing of a fictional world or thread, tend to stick to a particular mode, allow the style of situation and plot to stagnate. Harry was in an almost-perfect world, with Draco as a converted friend and Hermione as a heroine. Thank you for shattering that into a trillion pieces; your novel is ever-refreshing.
JustaTVBookworm chapter 83 . 4/9/2012
I decided to wait until I finished reading everything you had written so far to review because if I hadn't waited I probably would have reviewed every chapter.

First off, I love your story and the direction you are taking it. All the characters are great and your humor is interesting as well (even though its on the back burner to make room for the drama.) I find all of Harry's internal monologues really funny and help break the tension, especially when it came to the trial.

As for chapter 83, it was interesting to see it from Padma's point of view, but the fact that Draco was not coming back should not have been a shock to anyone. I'm just waiting for the next chapter and wondering where you are possibly going to take this story.
GBTtown chapter 83 . 4/9/2012
We need more MOR!
Herdcat chapter 83 . 4/9/2012
this story continues to be amazing - the battle was amusing and brilliantly written especially with Quirrel's commentary - Hermione not quite understanding the significance of her duel with Draco was a good touch and also the fact that their second meeting wasn't shown so as a reader we do not know how it went - then the sudden dark twist was really unexpected! I loved how Harry handled Umbridge and him versus Lucius was fascinating!
Raichu Pikachu chapter 83 . 4/8/2012
Now that I have finish reading all of the (wonderful) chapters so far I can now get alerts.
Krylenta chapter 83 . 4/8/2012
Oh wow, i love your story. Just love it.
BladeofRays chapter 83 . 4/8/2012
This cliffhanger is like trolling at its best.
Work Designer chapter 83 . 4/7/2012
For Chapter 82

My last review turned out to be wrong as I had expected Dumbledore to be the emotional one and Harry to be the rationalist. I had not expected to turn it out this way. Dumbledore is much more seasoned here than in Canon. You can actually feel his power and his forbearance. And at last, when he breaks down when faced with Harry's love and innocence, it is very very touching.

This chapter reminded me so much of Nietszche's quote about being careful when you fight monsters, lest you not become one yourself.

The path of goodness is a tough, tough one. I'm very glad that you brought this out. Tomorrow, when the heroes of the future inspired by HPMOR will take efforts to optimize our universe, this lesson should be ringing in their mind. Do the math, but do double-check once with common sense.

The lines in which I interpret that LessWrong is suggesting that humanity's problems may need an AI. "Human beings can't live like that", "Phoenixes are not arrogant. They know the limits of their wisdom"

Plotwise, the chances that Narcissa was sent away elsewhere by Phoenix is high.

Chapter 83

Draco's moving out of Hogwarts was the only possible way for Lucius to protect him from Harry. It was the logical thing that we never saw in Canon.

They will talk via Patronus, that seems to be sure, though Draco will get a fright seeing a human patronus. (Do wizards believe in evolution and know that Humans are also animals?)
madbrad chapter 83 . 4/7/2012
I'm really wondering what you're going to be doing with Draco in the next arc. Poor boy, he's *really* going to suffer some intense brainwashing from his father now!

I dare say you're going to use Hermione new status as a House Potter vassal for some humour in the forthcoming chapters. As long as her position doesn't make her ineligible for marriage to her lord and master I'm okay with that! :-)

Thank you very much for continuing this brilliant novel.
Talon chapter 83 . 4/7/2012
A great series of chapters. Can't wait to see how it ends.

Q: How would a stuttering Harry Potter call a dementor?

A: Damn damn damn dementor
Shay McSudonim chapter 83 . 4/7/2012
Oh my gosh.

It's finally happened.

Draco's been transfered to Pigfarts!
jdboss1 chapter 83 . 4/6/2012
I hate even thiking of a Dementor's Kiss Hermione at the same time aaaa

nice fast updats
Elelith chapter 83 . 4/6/2012
Wow, the gracity of the situation can be assessed by the seriousness of the Aftermath, usually those chapters read like Crack. Anyways, thanks for a lovely chapter... I'm already dreading the weeks without HP&MoR ... Do you know when you'll start updating again after that? Summer Hols?
kyuubi shadow chapter 83 . 4/5/2012
sooo goooood
Bocab chapter 83 . 4/5/2012
I wonder If Draco's mom's death was staged and she was obliviated and moved somewhere else, etc. That would explain why Dumbledore wants to say the truth but can't afford to and always dodges around whether or not he really did, murder like that really doesn't seem like this Dumbledore's "style".

As a side note when Harry does partial transfiguration and finds that it is a perceptual block, I wonder If he had to think on the quantum level because he believes that that is how the word really works, I wonder if someone who really believed that atoms and their sub-particles were the base level of the universe could make partial transfiguration happen by viewing things as atoms.
ozmial chapter 83 . 4/5/2012
still great. gets better and better... but this was your shortest chapter ever? thought you said they where going to start being longer instead of shorter?
Alphonse chapter 83 . 4/5/2012
AAAAAAAAAA! And I thought that this couldn't get any more 'cliff-hangery' keep it up! I don't think I'll survive if you don't update within the next week or so xD
Foster-the-Wizards chapter 83 . 4/5/2012
WHAT A TEASE
Sage of Wind Dragons chapter 83 . 4/5/2012
ahh sensible if it wont let Draco interact with the next generation of magical britian but drumstang would bea great ally to the death eaters and if he can completely make it so that all fall under the dark's sway (vicktor couldent have been the only one) than they shall have strength indeed.

But if Malfoy thinks he could win in a war without the dark lords meddleing if he would make himself lord well hes going to die. I hardly imaigine that he and whoever he sends with them could survive dumbledoor alone. althought their is something to be said of preperation.

be intresting to see what happens with Quireel now and if voldy mort or whatever you did with Quirell (cause you have changed or appeared to have changed alot of cannon's back door history)

cause while it would be cool if he did the Qmort I suspect that you are going out of left field with something.

a quick question on Harrys patronis couldent they just obliviate the memorie of harry telling them if they cant do patronis version 2.0? cause then harry has no reason to sit on the info.

I know this is supposed to be a rationality thing but shall their be any romantisism elements (besides dumbeldoor I think) to combat harrys "enlightenmet"

Be intresting if voldy actually was a romantisism and

holy hell was I might be messeing up on the timeing but did voldy was voldy in his orphanage when their was alot of war orphanes in it? I think Im messing up on the time but ehh. not sure how old voldy is anyway he went to school when hagrid was theire so he arond seven years in age wise to Hagrid.

Is hagrid going to show up later?
BeautifulAlice chapter 83 . 4/5/2012
Argh!

SO SHORT!

[But still very good. :D]
heavyarms3111 chapter 83 . 4/5/2012
An amazing series of chapters as always. This story is a breath of fresh air compared to many stories in the way that while Harry is somewhat insanely overpowered for his age, it is actually explained in a way that would make sense. The way he uses his magic to get ahead via scientific reasoning rather than simply waking up one day and realizing his naturally awsome magic has just been bound (for example) make the him much more admirable for having earned them than pityable for having been screwed out of them. The development and reasoning of all the characters is complex and wonderfully spun to the point that unlike most fiction where everyone else seems to be dumbed down to make Harry seem more intelligent, in this story it is very easy to tell that while Harry may be a genious, the worldly experience of characters like Dumbledore can often put him to shame, making the entire world much easier to suspend ones disbelief and simply enjoy a master piece. I can't wait to continue reading the fall out from these recent events. While this story has actually made me care about Draco (which in and of itself is a miracle), I must admit to being abit selfish in that I really mainly want to see how this affects things in the war games.
Runecutter chapter 83 . 4/5/2012
Interesting choice to cut just this chunk out as a "chapter". I can see where it would have weakened the message of the last installment, and i guess the sentence about Malfoy is an equally good stopping point to gasp and shudder and think about the implications... but it still seems off for your usual style to let it stand alone like this. But then you had announced it.. so it is probably the best solution.

Away from whining about the length and hmmm simplicity of the update... i liked the sentence about Padma's thoughts what Harry might have done... i liked that everything flowed around an unresponsive Harry. I liked how McGonagall chose her answers and limited them to the minimum of information she had to give out and i absolutely loved the impact of the revelation about Draco. Old Lucius is a scared boy, isn't he? Removing Draco out of Harry's influence, because he lost the game in so many different ways... That's almost a surrender.

On to the battles... i don't think Quirrelmort will defend them too hard. He should have got his results out of the ones he already had them fight and there's always a way around such bans at Hogwarts. Where there's a will, there's a DA.

And i don't see him training a private army, but rather forming young, impressionable minds about some basic concepts of fighting and organizing themselves. Or about making the maximum out of their potentials, i don't really know, Mr Quirrel is not really the "open book" type ;)
Sidelines chapter 83 . 4/5/2012
I'm sure you've gotten this before, but you should write 'for real' because I sincerely feel with your talent and just a dash of luck, you would be top the Times bestseller list.
Mikko Rauhala chapter 83 . 4/5/2012
So it (not very surprisingly) came to pass that Draco was not sent back to Hogwarts, at least not yet.

Might be some pressure off of Harry to actively harass Dumbledore what with the enemy pledge. Especially as Draco might be unable to continue with his part of the deal. Though Harry is probably curious at this point himself what the real deal is.

I'd still call it possible that someone else did the deed and Heh just took credit for the good of all, but the probability of him being directly responsible got boosted as he was depicted to consider it important that he doom his brother in person also. Then again, though I'd rate it unlikely, perhaps mommy dearest can be found in a private dungeon or a memory charmed witness protection program.

Anyway, Draco. He's probably restricted from communicating with Harry. As if that'd do any good, it having been established that they can communicate through Patroni. It would, of course, require Harry to reveal his Patronus 2.0 to Draco, though. Draco will certainly be the one to initiate contact, mentioning that he's in a secure location. It seems from TSPE part 6 that the Patronus just appears into existence if the caster is far away from the target, so if Draco actually is in a secure location, others wouldn't probably see it. Harry might just risk it.

So I'll bet there will be a visit from a silver serpent soon, though perhaps only after things have settled down for a couple of chapters.
DarkRavie chapter 83 . 4/5/2012
Ijoan chapter 83 . 4/5/2012
Wow. Surprising...and yet kind of not. Having a character withdraw from Hogwarts because of a perceived danger to themselves is logical but something that rarely happens in fanfiction. I think a part of that might be Lucius, trying to get Draco away from Harry's influence.

I'm also looking forward to seeing Draco's future interaction with Harry and Hermione. I really hope Draco won't hate Hermione, but I think that's just the shipper in me. :)
peregrin01 chapter 83 . 4/5/2012
Olala - I can see it already: Harry and Draco will clash years later and Harry will be forced to kill him. Oh, such a potential for drama...
OishiK chapter 83 . 4/5/2012
I'm surprised that Draco Malfoy being withdrawn was a surprise to other readers. If Lucius Malfoy actually believes that Hermione Granger tried to kill Draco, well, she's still free to try again. Even if he believes Hermione to be innocent, Lucius may worry that Draco becomes a target for retribution by the obviously formidable Harry P-E-V, boo-er of dementors. And even without those concerns, Harry has been expanding his son's outlook in ways that Malfoy père doesn't want to continue.

I'd like to see Draco back, too. So it becomes even more imperative that Fred and Velma, I mean Harry and Hermione discover how she was induced to attack Draco. But I expect a lot of tension before that happens.
Arkh Cthuul chapter 83 . 4/5/2012
I didnt really expect that turn of events, although in retrospect I should ahve.

Actually I think I WOULD ahve had I bothered to think more along "what is malfoy going to do now" instead of "How can harry save his ass".

Still, nice twist. lets see them deal with that.
badkidoh chapter 83 . 4/5/2012
Another great chapter.
Mr H. Potter chapter 83 . 4/5/2012
"And if I catch anyone bothering her, I shall turn them into glass vases and drop them."

Ooh, badass McGonagall.

"Unfortunately, I have received an owl from Mr. Malfoy's father withdrawing him from Hogwarts. I am afraid he is not coming back.""

!

Why oh God manifesting in the form of Elizier Yudkowsky, Why!

Please tell me Harry will repeal this somehow. Draco is too awesome to lose and if the battles are allowed to continue (which they'd better be) we need him for the 2nd commander. You explicitly said that no one else could do it earlier on and no one has changed enough to be able to now. At least as far as I know. I doubt Neville could do it and he's like the most awesome non-general first year. Or Padma.

And anyway, unless Draco still interacts with Harry in a significant way, and I can't see how that could happen with Harry being stuck at Hogwarts and Draco somewhere else, this story will never be as good. That said given how awesome it already is it'll still be the best Harry Potter fanfiction ever. Still, please don't do this. I'm begging you.
Sey chapter 83 . 4/5/2012
Harry has a serious block in that he doesn't even consider that Hermione actually did cast the blood-chilling curse on Draco.

Just one szenario: They had the duel and Draco got hit with something that, as Hermione thought, injured him lethally. (Maybe Malfoys are allergic to some obscure normally harmless curse or whatever..?) Panicking, she thought of what to do and found the solution of cooling him down so he can be 'defrozen' later with medical attention which can heal his injury (similar to what the people who get themselves frozen when they die plan). Actually, a proper blood-chilling charm which also doesn't cause cristals to grow would be near to ideal for this.

Of course, wizards would have no idea what's going on and consider this a proper killing attempt, when actually the goal was to save Draco's life.

However, I'd suspect Quirrel to know what's going on, so him bringing Draco into the hospital would be a move against Hermione. It saves Draco's life as planned, but also makes Hermione look incredibly bad - another option would have been to find another healer (as Quirrel probably can easily) which doesn't raise any concerns. Assuming that bringing Draco to St. Mungo's was not the only option, I wonder what the motives of such a move would be.

Placing Hermione in a bad situation gives Harry the option of rescuing her, but Quirrel isn't there to help - and he's been criticising Harry's way of confronting problems like this for a while now. Would he be trying to test Harry, get Hermione indepted to him or something completely different? Hm.

But, as I said.. Harry completely rejects the idea that Hermione did something bad and does not look at the situation closely - whether the blood-chilling curse actually is something bad in every situation. It would be an easier explanation than all the memory-charming and mind-controlling too. The only unpleasant thing might be Quirrel's involvement, however (might be another reason for not wanting to think of it).

I hope this doesn't spoiler anything. It sort of just really feels right to me.. sorry. ;
Double-Portion chapter 83 . 4/5/2012
Utter shite.
Serpent91 chapter 83 . 4/4/2012
Well done!
Endless Strategy Games chapter 83 . 4/4/2012
Well, the chapter is good, as usual. As brief as it is, only the ending is really worth discussing. Surprises abound as always, I didn't plan for such a turn of events. With Harry grounded at Hogwarts all he can do now is send an owl to Halfoy and hope he returns. He can't make threats to Lucius in light of his current debt, and the letter probably can't include anything incriminating lest it be intercepted (and patronus messaging is out too...). I honestly haven't a clue, carry on, fine author that you are.
Tiky3000 chapter 83 . 4/4/2012
THAT was unexpected. And I've learned to expect the unexpected while reading this.
AlwaysInADream chapter 83 . 4/4/2012
... Yeah, that makes sense.

Can't say I expected it, exactly, since I don't often try predicting the path a fiction will take, but the thought certainly crossed my mind.
TooLazyToThinkOneUp chapter 83 . 4/4/2012
Well, Damn...

you sure love giving the sacred cows of the HP fanbase a Dementor's kiss...

This reminds me of the omake where McGonagall tried to imagine the worst case scenario of Harry being sorted and she thought that Harry would make a new house, instead he became Headmaster...

Considering Harry continuously mentioning trying to imagine the worst case scenario always(at least early in the story), my point is, did Harry anticipate this? Or did it blow his mind like it did ours...
Pave chapter 83 . 4/4/2012
Why does this deserve a chapter of its own? Not that it's bad or pointless, or should have been stretched out without adding anything, but the rhythm seems odd. Perhaps it will make more sense to me in the context of subsequent chapters.

I don't feel like complaining about this chapter. Well, maybe? I suppose in an ideal world, this brilliant story would never have such short chapters without them containing some brilliant twist that makes my shoes spontaneously fly off my feet. This chapter was up to the standard of the story, but ...
Deadzepplin chapter 83 . 4/4/2012
damn Malfoy Snr what a cunt you are a cock-juggling thundercunt
jw chapter 83 . 4/4/2012
I'd like to just say that one of the reasons this story is fantastic is because you keep raising the stakes. The more abilities Harry gains, the larger the problems he has to face. We don't end up with uniformly difficult problems and an exponentially more powerful protagonist.

Harry beats everyone else in Quirrel's armies - simply giving him less soldiers isn't good enough. After all, he's *won*. Nobody in his year, and possibly none of the other students can realistically challenge him now. So as soon as that happens, the stakes are raised, and he's forced up against the Wizengamot and Lucius Malfoy.
Fangren chapter 83 . 4/4/2012
Well, that was an unexpected plot twist. The chances of Draco getting turned seem to have plummeted...though obviously it won't be the last we see of Draco Malfoy.
excelsia chapter 83 . 4/4/2012
wow wow ... not coming back!
braindoll chapter 83 . 4/4/2012
Short chapter, short review:

Nobody has mentioned that Draco can contact Harry via patronus whenever he wants. Also, Harry could get some other patronus-knowing first-year to contact Draco. Or if the situation were desperate enough, Harry could use his own patronus, and hope that Draco didn't put 2 and 2 together OR that Draco managed to raise 2 to the power of 2 (ie cast the True Patronus for himself... not likely).

Speaking of which, Harry's confidence that he can dispel patroni with a sentence is entirely misplaced. His only evidence is the fact that he couldn't cast a normal patronus, and the inference that Godric Gryffindor didn't share the secret and so probably had a reason not to. Given how wrong he's been about how magic worked before, that's not much. If this were the real world, I'd bet 7 against 3 that he's wrong. Since the author seems inclined to point out when he thinks Harry is wrong, I'd give only 3 against 7 that the author would make him be wrong. But either way, it's certainly not a sure thing.
Mistress Anko chapter 83 . 4/4/2012
My God! Can't you stop giving short chapters and bad news?

I was so looking foreward to Draco and Harry and Hermione talking to one another and now how thats going to happen?

Will you at least give us some idea of Dracos thoughts soon? I really want to see his reaction on Hermione trying to kill him, but Harry doesn't think she did, and Harry doing the impossible once again.

Great story, but what is up with the tiny chaps?
Eli Courtwright chapter 83 . 4/4/2012
Wow, I feel like I should have seen this coming. I mean, my friends and I were all talking about whether Draco would be allowed to interact with Harry when he came back, but none of us considered the obvious question of whether he WOULD be coming back!

Not that it matters much to Lucius, but this does NOT look good for Draco. Everyone was arguing about whether Hermoine really tried to kill him or if it was just the outcome of his plotting (which everyone assumed he was doing). Now Hermoine is already back, and Draco is never coming back, so all Hermoine has to say is "I can't talk about it" and many/most people will just assume that it was all Draco's fault. I wonder how that will go.
LauralHill chapter 83 . 4/4/2012
OK, now it's certain that QQH&C, who else would try to get rid of Harry's two friends?
yamiishot chapter 83 . 4/4/2012
Oh dear oo I wonder what will happen now?
Entropic Specter chapter 83 . 4/4/2012
So... Draco is gone after all. That's bad.

Anyway. Thanks for the updates, and keep up the great work! I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
ColtKit chapter 83 . 4/4/2012
Draco's not coming back! But he's going to be one of Harry's Generals when he takes over the world! He has to come back!
gecoma chapter 83 . 4/4/2012
No Don't give up on please!
Immortalli chapter 83 . 4/4/2012
Oh no! I can't say I'm entirely surprised, but I am still sorry that Draco was withdrawn. And Harry was still trying to teach him to be a full scientist, too...

My hope is that when everything gets cleared up (not matter how murky it still is afterwards; I at least am still convinced of Hermione's innocence) Draco will come back, even if he has to fight his father for it.
princessharmony23 chapter 83 . 4/4/2012
Oh no, Malfoy! What will I do without my occasional comic relief?
Aishata chapter 83 . 4/4/2012
AWESOME! WHOO!
brethebabbit chapter 83 . 4/4/2012
Yay! Glad you got it worked out, hope your comp didn't explode with all the frantic messages. I couldn't really see Draco coming back either but am wondering if this polarizes the war for Harry or his need to supersede it or I am hoping for some awesome twist down the line that I wouldn't/couldn't think of. Love love love
harrypotterspirit chapter 83 . 4/4/2012
It would have been nice to see Harry's reaction to the class's reaction to the news of both Hermione and Malfoy. Is Harry zoning out because he now believes he has made a huge mistake or his he thinking how to turn the outcome to his favor? Next chapter ought to tell.
someone chapter 83 . 4/4/2012
You've gained a record number of reviews. Here's one more for your collection.
ev11 chapter 83 . 4/4/2012
you can take the malfoy out of the science environment but you cant take the science out of the malfoy.

sans any mind wiping all Draco can do is pretend and try not to slip up infront of his father. ever.
timunderwood9 chapter 83 . 4/4/2012
This is one of those awesome things which before knowing that it was what you were going to do didn't make any sense to me as an idea because it didn't fit with standard narrative logic (removing a major character from the board, and not following the normal canon set of people sitting there? Huh, that doesn't make sense?) but which seems completely obvious in retrospect- obviously when his son had just nearly been killed (at least possibly) and when Voldemort has just declared you are a personal enemy, and has been playing lots and lots of games with your son's head, obviously you keep him under your direct control for the time being.
Sin of the Fallen chapter 83 . 4/4/2012
Now that's unexpected!
seaweed blu chapter 83 . 4/4/2012
He probably did it to protect Draco from "Voldemort". Well,now he can go to Pigfarts like he always wanted. All is not lost.
Between Two Parks chapter 83 . 4/4/2012
Is this the groundwork for a rescue, or for a surprise return in the nick of time? Will Draco be sent for a deprogramming at the same place Bellatrix is recuperating?
always-kh chapter 83 . 4/4/2012
i had predicted harry's actions would lead to something else drastic i just stupidly hadn't expected that. I also liked the discussion between harry and dumbledore and harry thinking about how he attacks the man.

but anyway the new chapter is visible!
bakapervert chapter 83 . 4/4/2012
Thanks for the update.
MariusDarkwolf chapter 83 . 4/4/2012
Short, but very interesting
Lokistrong chapter 83 . 4/4/2012
You just have to keep hitting us with bomb after bomb, don't you? Good work, keep it up!
Incendiarist chapter 83 . 4/4/2012
Oh, look! It works now!

Glitchy FFN is glitchy.

And wow. I'm somewhat at a loss for words.