Reviews for Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
majere4 chapter 93 . 7/17
Best he not have the material to work with, or just another jab to push Harry along?
In any case, I am so glad that Minerva finally stopped forward, but most importantly, that she finally kneeled.
Death the Girl 1107 chapter 93 . 6/23
*cries unstoppably*
Guest chapter 93 . 12/10/2017
I have a problem accepting the fact that Harry let Hermione days after the trial alone by herself. He knew someone wanted to kill her. Still, he let her alone.

That's unrealistic. If I were Harry I'd get so overprotective about Hermione and my friends (meaning just Neville since Draco was send away) that I'd place at least two soldiers at her side or I'd have an experienced bodyguard paid to keep her save. Plus I'd gave her several weapons/make her learn enough spells to defend herself and gave her a phone or any other sort of communication device.

No, I wouldn't even trust another person. I would just make sure I were always at her side. I mean they are friends. Avoiding her for days and not thinking about these options is above that level of stupidness I never considered him to have. And ARRg...my English is becoming jumbled again.
However the point is If I were Harry I'd make sure she never was alone.
MashiroAzuki chapter 93 . 5/21/2017
This was the saddest chapter ever. I didn't even have to blink my eyelids for the tears to drop. Not much, but each one that did fall would prove as a testament to how heart wrenching this chapter was. But it was still amazing.
Guest chapter 93 . 4/26/2017
I just cried through this whole chapter. Snot. All of it.
Guest chapter 93 . 4/22/2017
Whoops
Guest chapter 93 . 4/20/2017
Oh COME ON
The Harrinator chapter 93 . 4/6/2017
Major spoiler, stop reading the review.

If, in the remaining chapters, there is even a _mention_ of an inferi-Herminoe, I'm going to lose my fucking mind.
skullcrusher1 chapter 93 . 1/13/2017
stage one denial
Jatok chapter 93 . 11/21/2016
Dun dun dunnnnnn
Guest chapter 93 . 9/11/2016
A wonderful scene where everyone who tried to do something was acknowledged (in particular, I imagine Mrs Weasley will be incredible proud of her boys)... all somewhat dampened by that last comment. Harry really can't catch a break right now.
Guest chapter 93 . 6/9/2016
Crying. Just, crying. There is no desolation like this.
Montara chapter 93 . 1/26/2016
I can't believe Hermione's body was stolen!
WatchingTheWatchman chapter 93 . 12/10/2015
These chapters are making me cry. They're a,axing, but incredibly sad.
PA chapter 93 . 5/24/2015
Aaaaah, that man. D:
HeminHorn chapter 93 . 4/19/2015
I am a 63 year old journalist/editor/teacher, hard-bitten and tough with writers under my purview. I cried. Well done.
Oh Eurydice chapter 93 . 3/30/2015
What a painful chapter to read. Very well done.
The Sads chapter 93 . 1/3/2015
What are you trying to do to me? Are you trying to kill me by dehydration? Because at this rate, I won't have any water left for survival, let alone tears...
humanoidpatronus chapter 93 . 12/3/2014
Applause. Nice Cliffhanger.I strongly believe that schools train students to be PCs and not NPCs.
j'adore toi chapter 93 . 10/7/2014
Goddamnit who the hell is your Quirrellmort really? What are his motivations?
thepkrmgc chapter 93 . 8/5/2014
I might be paranoid, but i think that harry's got a cryogenic frezing tank in his trunk preapred for when he finds a way to revive the dead
Guest chapter 93 . 6/4/2014
Feeling revulsion when you look at other humans is not a good sign, Hufflepuff said. It's not reasonable to blame them for having not had your opportunities to learn what you've learned. Inaction in emergencies has nothing to do with people being selfish. Normalcy bias, like that plane crash in Tener-something where a few people ran out and escaped but most people just sat in their seats not moving while their plane was literally on fire. Look at how long you took to really start moving.

It serves no useful purpose to hate, said Gryffindor. It's just going to damage your altruism.

Try to figure out a training method you could use to prevent this from happening next time, said Ravenclaw.

I'll go ahead and register the experimental prediction, said Slytherin, that we'll always observe exactly what would be predicted on the hypothesis that people cannot be saved, cannot be taught, and will never help us with anything important. Also, we need some way of keeping track of all the times I'm right.
Nerdfish chapter 93 . 6/1/2014
Why has harry not tried to obliviated himself then go back in time to save Hermione ?
The time tuner's restriction is that the user must not know the conclusion.
So if he just erased his own memories, he could go back.
Whirling chapter 93 . 2/9/2014
I think I stopped breathing when I read that last sentence jesus christ how can you do this to Harr ohmygod
cheitanz chapter 93 . 12/29/2013
Well. I think that's the first time a fanfiction has had me in tears.
butterflygrrl chapter 93 . 9/2/2013
It isn't the real thing anyway. Even if she wrote it in her own blood, it isn't the real thing because they made her write it. She'd written before, and didn't let any of those letters through. This might have been real, but this was asked for, this was part of their manipulation.
[...]
[...] he cried, reading Val's empty asked-for letter again.
addikhabbo chapter 93 . 8/29/2013
Told ya so. So how'd you do it? dON'T ASNWER THAT! I wanna know for me self thank you very much.
hi jump kick chapter 93 . 8/25/2013
How. How. How could you do that. I cried for 45 minutes. A book has never affected me so much as this one. Damn you!
Jack chapter 93 . 8/24/2013
Everybody dies, Eliezer. My own death is nigh. I do not regret how I lived, not the means of my demise. Those whose lives I touched are the better for it. I never gave in to my fear or my pain, and if that is not the mark of a life lived well, I do not know what is. Your fanfic has moved me, but it never provided any means for me for deny that which binds all men. To you, Eliezir, I can only offer that same consolation as was provided me. Everybody dies. You can't hide from it. You can't run from it. Do not mourn me when I am gone, for if death is not the next great adventure, it is the final rest, and I will be just as happy with either.
Morgan Shirley chapter 93 . 8/13/2013
I am glad that the house points were different here than in the book. Five points each for saving a student's life, and fifty points for sneaking out after dark? Come on, Rowling.
Kyle chapter 93 . 8/13/2013
I have cried harder at this chapter than all the ones previous. This has hurt more than getting rejected by colleges. MY inner vioce of reason says thank you for wonderful writing, but the part of me grieing just weeps and hates you for this.

good job
Carmen chapter 93 . 7/26/2013
I didn't cry at chapter 89. At all.
I cried with big fat tears dripping off my chin at the letters.
Gold Paint chapter 93 . 7/21/2013
Prediction: Harry Veres is Nicholas Flemel.
sometimesafox chapter 93 . 7/11/2013
Oh ho ho I see what you did there. Well it will be interesting to see what she can accomplish while everyone thinks she's dead. Clever girl.
Cruella chapter 93 . 7/10/2013
Well, Neville WAS right, except he didn't account for the fact that his professors aren't smart and competent enough. Because discipline is super important, and if someone truly competent gives you order, you should follow for the better of all. If McGonagall admits that her orders should not be followed, then she really should resign and have someone new in her position, whose orders students really SHOULD follow. The fact that Hermione was missing wasn't new information that changed the picture, certainly any smart student would assume that McG and Quirrell would account for the fact that some student might not be in the room, and get attacked.
VerityAmorHunt chapter 93 . 7/9/2013
As a mother off a son going off to college, the letter from dad to Harry is so spot on & everything I would want to say to my son . . . I got very emotional reading it.

As a student of human nature - one more error for Harry to consider . . . . asking in front of everyone had a high failure probability. That is a high stress situation. Plus, neither he nor Hermoine (both of whom are looked upon somewhat askance) have the relational and positional power to make that work. Direct request to an individual was a good move but it should have been done privately (also less chance of getting expelled if the action is covert). Poor Harry - genius at logic but not always so hot at working with and through people. In addition to training them to think like him, he should study how to effectively work with them as they are (and yes, I know he researches & uses psych/behavioral studies but he is not very good at understanding others - tends to be dismissive instead). When you have an immediate problem, you need a band-aid as well as the longer term Cure.
Charlie chapter 93 . 7/9/2013
Oh look it's raining on my keyboard.
skywiseskychan chapter 93 . 7/8/2013
What DID Harry do with his 2 minutes, and transfiguration of air? hmm, curious.
i am the king chapter 93 . 7/8/2013
dude this story is amazing please update more n keep it up
Kaluin chapter 93 . 7/7/2013
And this is why I should learn to not use an iphone or any smart phone for composing reviews.

As I was saying, I just had a random thought as I read chapter 94 (and finally caught up with the story!) and kept on trying to figure out who the culprit behind Hermione's death might be that the lady who visited her was shining brightly back in the self-actualization arc. Maybe even like a Patronus charm gone wrong? Or a highly suppressed one (along with all of Hermione's suppressed fears?) that couldn't find any other way to come out than through such a form.

Of course, even Harry's Patronus isn't so well-formed as to present itself in a properly human-like form, but I think it still may be an interesting guess, if a bit overreaching. Hermione being her own killer. I could also be short on sleep since it's way past my bedtime.

Random theory aside, this is an amazing series and it makes me really wish to read more and read it again. I'm glad I watched one anime series that desensitized me to Hermione's fate because I would've had a harder time than I did getting through and past the Taboo Tradeoff arc, but this is otherwise quite an interesting twist for a Harry Potter A/U.

Still don't think/know that Quirrell is Voldemort and responsible for everything bad going on because I've chosen to go for suspension of belief and not jumping to conclusions, but I'm looking forward to the next set of clues we might get from the reader's side. Thank you for sharing this plot bunny with us. I'll look forward to the next chapters!
Agency chapter 93 . 7/7/2013
I noticed Guest's review on feminism. I didn't realize paranoid delusions were so common...
There's far more evidence for racism being true IN REAL LIFE (Jews superior to Caucasians) than there is for this story being mysogenistic.
Guest chapter 93 . 7/7/2013
It almost made me cry. Definitely some tears on the inside. :'{
Guest chapter 93 . 7/7/2013
LessWrong is aware of feminism, and he's aware of the "Women in Refrigerators" trope. (It's the very problematic scenario of a woman being raped/killed to advance another character's plot or development.) I'm going to make the case that his use of this trope shows that HPMoR is anti-feminist.

Let's examine the scenario he appropriates: a woman-created world that is explicitly and deliberately misogynistic. He perpetuates all of that, justifying it by the threadbare excuse of "I'm just being faithful to the original source material" (used by racist and sexist appropriators everywhere) without making any efforts to avert, invert, deconstruct, or even explain the misogyny. On the contrary, he makes McGonagall even stupider than canon: she directly contributes to Hermione's death, and confesses that the only way she can be "educated" is through Hermione's (unwilling) sacrifice . Her "education" is realizing that she needs to be subservient to men who know better, and that her authority means nothing.

Domestic violence (and rape) are not merely individual acts of hate against the victim - they are unavoidably political acts. It is part of their essence to send a message to *all* women that they are nothing more than objects for whatever purposes men determine, and they must conform to that expectation or suffer severe consequences. All signs suggest that the enemy (and LessWrong) targeted Hermione for mind rape/domination, mental and physical torture, and finally death, because she played the hero and embarrassed Slytherin. The story implies that she must be punished for stepping outside the bounds that women are allowed to in this particular society, so she must first be brought low, lose all her good qualities and even her agency, then penultimately be separated even from her closest friends, and finally killed. How can this be thought of as anything other than an anti-feminist screed? LessWrong is sending a message here (deliberately or accidentally is irrelevant, he should know better) that women need to know their place, and if they step out of them, they'll suffer this fate, which will stand as a warning to other women to not make the same mistake.

tl;dr: Anti-feminist because Hermione's death is used to knock down McGonagall a peg.
Dragonfree chapter 93 . 7/7/2013
This was a beautiful, emotional chapter, both Harry's parents' letter and the ceremony. McGonagall's "I had a sister once" hits hard - it says so much in just a couple of words. Harry's aversion to crying throughout all of this is a nice detail that rings pretty true.

And thank you, thank you for letting Professor McGonagall rise up and be awesome. I hope she gets to kick all of the ass Hermione might have if she'd lived.
ronaldflannery chapter 93 . 7/7/2013
I only recently heard of this story, and have rad it avidly until I got to the most recent chapter. I think it's a terrific tale and will stay with it to its conclusion (if indeed it ever reaches one...). I think it is well written and for anyone who has read the Harry Potter books, it presents a marvelous alternative which is almost as instructive a it is entertaining. A couple of comments: I can't figure out the age of the target audience. It seems to speak at a pretty adult level, and the idea that Harry is only 11 given his knowledge, thinking skills, and actions is a reach. Also, it would be nice if the were links in the story to write ups on some of the studies and methods mentioned in the story, as well as references to other books that the author is (indirectly) recommending. I catch many of them, but not all of them. I imagine younger readers catch even fewer.
All in all though, I'm hooked; this is a great read, and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Inferno Vulpix chapter 93 . 7/7/2013
On the problem of Harry's inevitable conflict with Voldemort, he will probably have to deal with the Pioneer Plaque in some way. The ways I can think it working out are:
1) Harry gets to the Pioneer Plaque to destroy it. Simple enough, if he really gets magitech going he could make a spaceship that gets him there theoretically, otherwise some form of teleportation might work instead. You can't Apparate to somewhere you haven't been before according to Draco, but Harry might find a way around that.
2) Harry brings the Pioneer Plaque to him. While an Accio probably would take years to reach him (I wonder if the spell works at a constant speed or if it takes the same amount of time regardless of distance), and teleportation is again a possibility, but not as likely.
3) Harry destroys the Pioneer Plaque remotely. Not as likely as either of the two before it, but it might end up possible for a long range spell of some sort to destroy the Pioneer Plaque with Harry still firmly grounded. Maybe he gets access to ludicrous power? Maybe he invents his own spell that 'portals' to the Plaque?
4) He just ignores all the rules and manages to find a way to kill Voldie regardless of horcruxes. (A spell that destroys the soul? Weaponizing dementors against him?)

Also, if Quirrel were to ever mention his opinion on governments again, I think it might work for him to state that a Democracy attempts to put the power in the citizens, trusting in the majority vote to be the best option, and then mention how the nature of people means they will never agree on the right option, only what suits them best.
The One Who Reads Too Much chapter 93 . 7/7/2013
You've torn out my heart and raised my hopes excellently.
Do not dissapoint me.
YlvaThorgalsdottir chapter 93 . 7/7/2013
The remembrall went off on Harry because Harry had forgot not to misuse his Time Turner.

I think he hid Hermione's body in liquid nitrogen in a glass casket in the Chamber of Secrets. That's the only way it makes sense for him to have removed her body in the first place.

I'm glad there are good parents in this story. I am also convinced Quirrell refuses to kill Harry because the boy contains a piece of his soul.
janefanatic chapter 93 . 7/7/2013
This is so good. One thought: perhaps the Defense Professor took her, thinking to revive Hermione himself without forcing Harry to do something permanently damaging to himself, but that he himself could perform unharmed? Or this same unnamed enemy has stolen the body, with the intent of using the body to help in his/her cause? If he turned her into an inferi and forced her to attack, Harry could not want to damage the body, giving an advantage. Meh. Just ideas. I'm sure whatever you've planned is wonderful.
Quirell is Harry Potter.

Reason: Their magics are entangled. The resonance or link between the two sounds similar to quantum non-locality, quantum entanglement. For their magics to be quantumly entangled their magics had to be in extremely close proximity and synchronized by an external force. The only time that that could have happened if Quirell is Quirellmort was October 31 1981 when Voldemort tried and failed to create a horcrux on Harry's death. If you were to look at Horcrux's from the HPMOR view than a Horcrux is nothing more than the summation of a person's mind stored with magic in an object. Assuming that the ritual to create a Horcrux was in place before Voldemort attempted to kill Harry and we continue with the cannon assumption that a piece of Voldemort resided in Harry after the spell backfired, we come to the conclusion that a fully intact Voldemort conscious or likely a damaged copy of Voldemort's conscious was active in a body with a still forming mind.

End result: Harry is Voldemort
You just got mind fucked
Guest chapter 93 . 7/7/2013
I wonder , if Quirell is really Voldemort he's in perfect position to hone Harry as his next apprentice/challenging oponent. I'm kind of getting the "my beloved enemy" vibe between them...

And I suppose I should start reading from the beginning to remind myself all the Time-Turner rules... but why can't Harry go back in time, steal his previous version's Time turner and go back in time using the stolen one and then repeat that action and repeat as many times as he needs?
Arkh Cthuul chapter 93 . 7/7/2013
And some of my concerns are laid to rest.
Without reaching all of them, or lessening the momentum of "Oh Shit" received in earlier chapters.

I cant say anything but: Well DOne, again!
KremlinGremlin chapter 93 . 7/7/2013
Quirrell doesn't think it'n enough
Hermione's body is missing
I'm calling it now, Zombie Hermione
jdboss1 chapter 93 . 7/7/2013
Mr. Eliezer/
I still can't get over the fact that you actually killed Hermione

I've always treated McGonagall as genderless love her upgrade
has she just reached a new level yet

I really could never stand Canon version
but loved your version from the very beginning same with every other character
your Wilson is clearly the best

I really hope Harry stores Hermione's body somewhere good
chamber of secrets
make an entire lab cryogenics

I can understand the emotional growth from the death, a main character but for your poor fans
sanity you should have just, had a unconscious and life support for several months to get roughly the same
emotional results

I do hope Hermione is not transfigured into his ring it has so many potential and going wrong if it's a
permanent solution

Do magical funeral directors fix dead bodies?
Was any attempt on fixing the body ?

I liked the letter from harry father just a shame he cannot use his dad to help research is not like any magics involved
just lots and lots of complicated reading

Another brilliant story I was reading had the parents of the first generation setup a parents Association and that it was being spied upon
by the magical cops and had humorous ran around

Your by far too clever for us even your idiotic fans can come up with some good ideas from time to time it just would be nice to hear
you ran with some

Even if you do not revive Hermione in the next dozen chapters (no unicorn Princess)
at least show progress in the process of fixing her 10% every chapter from now on until she's up and ready to make a fantastic comeback
Sage of Wind Dragons chapter 93 . 7/7/2013
you know now that I think about it, its going to be quite surprise if Neville doesn't try and kill Harry.
I mean this is a bit late but Harry broke beltraix out of prison/helped break her out.
So I suspect that is going to be such fun!
anyway I like that Voldemort possessed an old powerfull foe and then they replaced themselves with Quirell.
so hes pretending to be a man whos pretending to be some one else.
all quite fun!
I like that hes probably panicking right now. after all he wants to RULE the world not destroy it, a fun thing about evil they want evil witch means they need victims so you need ore victims cause if you murder everybody all at once then there is no one else left to murder yes? all that nice dependency type deal I forgot the name of the guy the what interconeted thing with the nature?
I wonder if your going to do something like that with the dementors after all for there to be dieing there needs to be life so the Dementors cant Gourge witch is why they don't actively try and kiss people, generally cause it piss of the powers of those that they are reliant on for them to NOT experiment on them.
So Dumbledore being sad old wizard, fake Quirell being frantic and harrys touching scene with everything is going to cause all of his craziness to work in tangem with everyone.
Minerva, while faintly skilled and powerfull reletivly Im actually disappointed in how you've handled her I mean clearly by the last battle she had some war experience and she was involved with the last one, so part of me is confused a bit.
especially now that I think about that the slytherins house breaking thorugh Snape, SNAPE for dear god his shields.
part of me wonders gathering up all the students into the houses causing a big organized fuss
(witch happened back in Halloween and as thus the entire school was more or less in the feast)
witch would have queed in any stragglers and if the troll comes? well everyone blasts it to oblivion.
and the top wizards all searching out for the mastermind.
well hell using the kids as bait were they in canon? how devious...
anyway a fun chapter even though... stuff...
anyway cant wait for you to showcase others fighting nice and inventive like but Harry trumping those of his age. witch he does.
I like how you had Harry kill the troll but not Murder with Avada Kedavra witch might be the broken aspect of that spell.
anyway... fun story as always im curious about what your going to do now. thank you for taking the time to make such a story
katyn1 chapter 93 . 7/7/2013
Well trying to use entropy to revive Hermione is an interesting idea.
Limro chapter 93 . 7/7/2013
Well written!
I must say that the letter went straight to my hea... brain (somewhere) and I was stunned by McGonagal's speech.

I still can't figure out what prof. Q. is up to. Each time I have a theory it is shot down due to new facts.

I'm very much looking forward to the outcome of the last line.
PrinceDandy chapter 93 . 7/6/2013
You sure are a sneaky fellow. I suppose you planned this whole thing out at the very beginning. Or perhaps you're just spinning a roulette. In any case, it sure is fun to read.

Thanks.
mgharmon chapter 93 . 7/6/2013
Warning: massive spoilers if you haven't read up to Chapter 93.

I notice that I am confused.

1.) Harry has been Obliviated at some point, forced to forget something BIG.

Chapter 17: "The Remembrall was glowing bright red in his hand, blazing like a miniature sun that cast shadows on the ground in broad daylight." So, what has he been forced to forget, and when was he made to forget it?

It has been stated and restated throughout HPMOR that Obliviation leaves tracks in one's brain even though the memories are erased (the most recent example being the Weasley twins' conviction that they could find anybody in Hogwarts quickly even though they could not remember how). I can think of two examples of such baseless convictions on Harry's part:

A.) Harry's irrational certainty in Chapter 1 that magic was real ("Where do you come from, strange little prediction?" Harry directed the thought at his brain. "Why do I believe what I believe?"). It is entirely possible that he was Obliviated before the story even started.

B.) Harry's irrational but unshakable conviction in Chapter 10 and under the Sorting Hat that, if he didn't get into Ravenclaw, Horrible Things Would Happen ("I must achieve my full potential. If I don't I... fail..." "What happens if you fail?" "Something terrible..." "What happens if you fail?" "I don't know!" "Then it should not be frightening. What happens if you fail?" "I DON'T KNOW! BUT I KNOW THAT IT'S BAD!").

If not for the Remembrall episode, I would chalk both A and B up to influence from Harry's link with Quirrellmort, but the Remembrall is a huge Chekhov's Gun which has been conspicuously cocked and never fired.

2.) Time-Turners play a huge part in the story; Less Wrong invented a weird sleep-disorder for Harry just to get a Time-Turner into Harry's hands on his first day at Hogwarts. Why?

Less Wrong devotes two whole chapters to having Future Harry make Past Harry play a mind-blowing game which demonstrates that past interference using Time-Turners is entirely fate-driven: (In fact that was even more puzzling, when Harry thought about it. Time had presented him with the finished Prank as a fait accompli, and yet it was, quite clearly, his own handiwork. Concept and execution and writing style. Every last part, even the ones he still didn't understand.) so far as Time-Turners are concerned. He makes subsequent use of Time-Turners many times, but repeatedly invokes the hard 6-Hour Limit and the Observer Effect.

3.) One thing that has also always bothered me, revealed in Chapter 17, is that Dumbledore helped Lily to create the VERY DANGEROUS potion she used to make her sister beautiful. This does not fit Dumbledore's character unless he had a desperate reason to do so, or knew ahead of time that it would work. How could he know that it would work? Only if someone came back in time and told him it did. Petunia marrying Professor Verres changed Harry Potter's life and character (making Dumbledore's claim "I'm afraid, Harry, that I've been manipulating you your entire life." the absolute truth).

But the Time-Turner has a 6-hour limit. Or does it?

4.) Harry has already displayed the power to overcome magical limits that are set in stone (ie, the Transfiguration requirement that changing part of a thing requires changing the whole of a thing) by making conceptual leaps not available to the Wizarding World. Could Less Wrong be setting us up for Harry to make another conceptual leap that allows him to overcome the 6-hour limit (which does seem suspiciously arbitrary)?

If so, Harry could go as far back as he needs to to play another game, this time with everybody.

And it looks like he may soon be learning the Obliviate spell (Quirrell: "I wish I could promise you that I would obtain one of those highly guarded tomes from the Department of Mysteries, and pass it to you beneath a disguised cover. But what I must actually tell you is that you will find the standard introductory text in the north-northwest stacks of the main Hogwarts library, filed under M.").

So, Harry Potter-Verres, roaming free through time, able to learn what really happened, able to plant things and Obliviate memories (including those of his 10-year old self's), even enlist Past-Dumbledore to ensure he gets the right parents... Could this be what is meant by "He will break the world?"

I notice that I am confused.
AlpacaOverlord chapter 93 . 7/6/2013
Oh dear. Now what?
What is up with Quirrell? Anyone? I have no idea what he wants.
yamiishot chapter 93 . 7/6/2013
Damn you Quirrel! -shakes fist-
QueenDrakon chapter 93 . 7/6/2013
...You had better resurrect Hermione.

:D

This fanfiction is ADDICTING. Continue, please.
ANTIcarrot chapter 93 . 7/6/2013
It takes five minutes for the brain to die. We have no reason to suppose this process happens much faster in wizards or witches. Hermione should not be considered dead until at least five minutes after she last spoke. Most muggle hospitals could probably bring her back from this.

I can't help but feel it is a complete betrayal of everything HP:MOR has stood for to (apparently) suddenly pull a "It's worse than that, he's dead Jim!" out of its hat at this late stage. Given her whereabouts at the end of 93 I have some hope that Harry is going to snap his fingers, but all the talk of fridging and drama make me concerned this might be permanent.
Nytefyre chapter 93 . 7/6/2013
Wow, again. A great resolution to the beating that Minerva's been taking. I look forward to more this month. :)

Thanks for posting.
Eric Crow chapter 93 . 7/6/2013
I have no idea how you're going to bring this around to a satisfying conclusion.

Not to say that there won't be one; you probably have one that none of us are expecting – as with every other fan, I did not see the death-by-troll coming at all. But part of me's happy that Harry's gloves have finally come off and he's going to tear the universe inside out to fix everything that's happened in the last few chapters, and part of me's terrified, now that you've shown you'll add in disturbing scenes like Trolls-Eating-Cats or Trolls-Chewing-Off-People's-Legs, that Harry will end up a) killing himself to resurrect Hermoine b) killing some integral part of the universe to resurrect Hermoine c) failing to resurrect her and probably destroying at least the planet or d) end up killing himself in the process. Or something even more horrible that none of us will see coming. Adding to those, I'm torn between wanting Harry to resurrect Hermoine – except that that's a well-trodden plot path and every fan is screaming for you to do it and I don't really think you will, not without some extra something attached – and Harry failing to resurrect Hermoine, and having to go through a bunch of cheesy moral developments about accepting her death and moving on and not letting his dark side control him. And that would suck, and it wouldn't even be that original. So please, please, don't do that.

As far as predictions go, I'm going to have to go with the general fan audience – Harry transfigured Hermoine's body into a diamond to fit into his ring. If he doesn't have the body, he's going to seriously go insane and track down and kill every mountain troll on the planet. I understand – I hope – that you don't listen to your fan predictions, but Great Cthulhu preserve us, don't let Quirrell have stolen the body. Game of Thrones is fine, but you've given one of your eleven-year-old main characters false (?) memories of having tried to kill someone, put them on trial and condemned them to having her soul eaten, had them be shunned by nearly every single person in her entire school, and then sent a troll to chase her around the school, corner her, and slowly gnaw her legs off and leave her to bleed to death. If her body's then stolen by someone who's possibly Voldemort's host and melted or something to prevent Harry from resurrecting her, then some of your fans are going to start becoming clinically depressed and commiting suicide. Stories should be realistic to a degree, but poetic justice. Poetic justice. Please.

I won't add a rant about how great the story is. That goes without saying. Just – I want a book version of this. I don't care that it's a fanfic. I want a book version, and I want it now.
Jak O' Lantern chapter 93 . 7/6/2013
Looks like Harry made a huge mistake in not having the Dementor obliterate the Wizemgot. Given his anger, angst and power level, I wonder if he will simply kill Lucius on general suspicion once he gets over his squeamishness. There will be a new prophecy;

... and the Dark Lord shall lounge upon the sandy beach, sipping his umbrella drink as the Boy Who Lived grinds the wizarding world into powder...
Serpent91 chapter 93 . 7/6/2013
Well done indeed! I wonder where the poor dead body is.
atymer chapter 93 . 7/6/2013
I am really shooting for eternal torture and that Voldy is in agony until the universe folds in on itself.
Tanya chapter 93 . 7/6/2013
I've been meaning to say it for quite awhile already but doing it only now. Your fic is worth of all those hours of studing English, of all the suffering over irregular verbs and idioms. The need to know what happens next to your Harry and Co is the best inspiring and motivating thing in my studies. see I don't use any foreign languige in the everyday life so studing English was just a whim at first...before I have found HPMoR. Thank you for giving it any sense at all.
P.S. I've read Salinger's A Perfect Day for Bananafish onse and there was this scene whith the main hero and his girlfrend. He presented her with a book of German poetry and asked whether she had read it. The girl answered that she did not know German. The main hero (whom I liked so much) was so much disappointed and told her that she should have learned German to read it. Now I know for shure that she should have. Some things are simply worth of all the efforts.
P.P.S. Sorry for my English)))
Tanya. Ukraine.
т
Bexis chapter 93 . 7/6/2013
Harry needed something to fit in that empty setting on his ring.

Not particularly fond of H/Hr where Hermione dies because Harry tends to go dark. Hope this one doesn't follow that timeworn path.

- Bexis
MaeSilverpaws1 chapter 93 . 7/6/2013
Gee "thanks" cried like ummm Harry at the end of the chapter as i tried to sneak in reading this chapter at work... :0)
Great chapter, thanks
Mae
Jane chapter 93 . 7/6/2013
First review since I started reading this, because this is the first time you've made me cry.
Overall comment - this may have started as a spoof, but when Harry started making the same criticisms of the canon version that I'd made myself, I knew I was going to like it. I carried on,.,, somewhere at the top of one of the chapters, you have a warning that if it's now the early hours of the morning and you have to work the next day, you should probably get some sleep, as the site probably wouldn't 404 overnight. It was 02:30, and I ignored the warning.
This is one of the very few books I've read where the characters act like real people. They're not idiots, they're not made of cardboard, they've read fiction as well, and often the same books I have. At no point do they act stupid so as not to spoil the plot. Having eleven-year-olds with the breadth of education of much older people is a little disconcerting, but by no means impossible.
So far, what you've done has had the emotional impact on me as a reader that you probably intended. So no, I'm not going to say "oh no, you shouldn't have killed..." because of course you should, if that was the impact you wanted to create.
Feminism? A very interesting take on how it really works (or doesn't), and the problems for even the most well-intentioned person (poor Harry!). But it's glaringly obvious to me at least that Minerva's character is almost gender-irrelevant, and she isn't part of the feminism arc at all.
The other author who I find writes real intelligent people is Lois McMaster Bujold - and when I first put a link to this on my blog, I described it as "Rowling, with Harry Potter played by Miles Vorkosigan". Is that resemblance deliberate?
Guest chapter 93 . 7/6/2013
to begin with great fic, really enjoying it, brilliantly written, very interesting and very funny.

that being i really really want harry to succeed to bring hermione back, and soon. admittedly i dont know how you are going to manage that, i hope you have a plan. it also seems like you are throwing away the hermione-framed-for-attempted-murder plot line as well, now that she is dead it doesn't matter so much that she was framed to put it mildly.

now for some actual constructive criticism instead of wishful thinking.

firstly, time frame, you are 93 chapters in and harry is still 2 months off finishing his first year, seems a bit excessive that all this has happened in such a short span.

its all very cloak and dagger, is it actually supposed to be a mystery story? because i have very little idea what is actually going on in the bigger picture, now that i think about it.

i am sure i can think of more but i am a mite depressed after reading the last arc in one sitting.
Lazurman chapter 93 . 7/6/2013
*unrestrained crying/bawling/sobbing*

When will the humor come back?! This fic is making me so fahking depressed!
Gremlin Jack chapter 93 . 7/6/2013
Well, even if hermione is perma-dead, at least she's not going out without a serious fight. Assuming it was Harry who disappeared her body. Because if it was somebody else that removed her body, harry is really going to do something drastic...
94yonders chapter 93 . 7/6/2013
Im still holding out for the moment when you would show that hermione is not dead. Please i really her character, someone who just wants to do the right and moral thing. I like her flaws and her character.
Thank you for these updates! I cant wait to see more of the plot being unfold and the quest to bring hermione back. Bringing back the dead is one of the best things because it can go both ways. Iove love love love this story
nathanwe chapter 93 . 7/6/2013
Do the notes imply a Freindship is Optimal crossover? Please? (Although that is not as reassuring as it could be given the existance of chapters 11 and 64)
KnotAReyalName chapter 93 . 7/6/2013
Any thoughts on who the other seven students who stood up were? Spew, Chaos, Diggory...? Anyone got ideas?
Delta chapter 93 . 7/6/2013
The Defense Professor has a plan.

If we're lucky, he's planning to avert Harry tearing the world apart to get Hermione back by raising her himself.

If we're not, he's planning to make Harry doubt that she's really dead, and so undermine his resolution.

If we're VERY not, he's planning to make it LOOK like she's raised.

This is going to be interesting.

. . . for the actual review part of this review, I would just like to comment that

it took me three readings of this chapter to understand which ward 'to whom that ward meant nothing' referred to, so if other people have problems with that too then you might want to rephrase it

and that

you wrote something interesting enough that I decided to read it three times

so yeah

good job.
HSG chapter 93 . 7/6/2013
Nice Chapter...
posting review for the 1st time. i've been ur fan for some time. i think u shud write an original book after ur done with hpmor, something u r allowed to sell. i know i'll buy it. with less preaching(references to researches) and more of the fun but still an intelligent and realistic tale ppl can relate to.

about hermoine's death- i didnt like it at all. was in denial for a few hours. that impact would be a lot different if i was reading a complete book to keep me busy. releasing quick updates did help though, thanks for that. i still remain hopeful she'll come back alicorn princess or not. i was really enjoying harry's plans about turning draco, nd his conversations with him and hermoine. would like to see what wud be if there was no voldie to hinder him in his plans(omake?). how he wud convert all the grey ppl to understand each other better and learn to be more social in meantime.

about hpmor in general.. i think its a success at what it was intended. creating awareness about MOR. but still only appeals to a specific group of ppl. those who take 'how to' books seriously or those who have a habit of thinking or die hard HP fans. for general populace to learn(or develop an interest) it needs a simpler package with inconspicuous lessons hidden in the events of the story, spread over wider chapters. it could be a challenge for ur next project.

predictions for the story- Hermoine is alive, or probably the body can be resuscitated. but her magic has left her and become one with the source(veil?) again. if she ever comes back it'll be as a muggle. in this quest harry will find and understand more about the source of magic. either sacrifice it to revive hermoine. or just destroy it as global disarmament for greater good. the current magical ppl will probably lose their magic slowly. and that wud be the end of the Magical world. in this world soul wud refer to the inherent magic binding to conscience. once the magic is extinct, horcruxes would stop working and voldie dies since he left his natural body long ago for whatever reasons. both prophecies fulfill. harry returns to normal scientific research. and in a distant future pioneers terraforming and break through genetic research to prevent aging.
also about HP and TR's struggle there should be atleast one more death and harry gets the upper hand once he realizes the true identity of QQ.
Wandering Airhead chapter 93 . 7/6/2013
This was certainly interesting. But god, I still can't get over the fact that you actually killed Hermione. I mean, with the effort you put in developing her, I would have never believed her to die. Well I guess she will now stand as a constant reminder of some sort, for the rest of the story untill such time that she is revived, or the story itself dies. But still if I wasn't awed by sheer gall of eliminating not one but two major characters from the story (let us not forget of Draco Malfoy, who though not dead, shall probably stay out of story focus for a great deal of time), I would think you a heartless man. It seriously takes some cruelty to kill a character you spent so much time developing.

Anyway keep up the great work. Faithful readers are eagerly awaiting what happens next ;)
Amelia chapter 93 . 7/6/2013
Is Percy not in this story? Just asking, since I can't remember him being mentioned since the tale of the rat.
badkidoh chapter 93 . 7/6/2013
Yet another good chapter.
ucanburnmeaturstakeanytimebby chapter 93 . 7/6/2013
PH-WH-HO-Y-YGLIGF-FYKFUGHJ-!
YOU KILLED HERMIONE! HOW DO YOU EVEN DO THAT?!
I mean, I know there are other fics where she dies, but ugfrbrkfebh! You let me get attatched to her character AND THEN YOU KILLED HER!
I swear, you'd better have some sort of resurrection plan or so help me-
kruchy85 chapter 93 . 7/6/2013
The last sentence - I was acctually expecting it while reading the chapter.

As for McGonagall - I love what you did, no matter how it affects Harry, I'm glad that she found strenght in herself to change her ways that she found wrong:)
Wendy chapter 93 . 7/6/2013
Hi Mr. Eliezer, having read your author's note rant, I'll have to beg you to be kind to the tumblr poster. As you said, they didn't (and couldn't be reasonably expected to) know as much as you about your own work. They spoke up for something they believed in, and that deserves credit. I think it deserves positive reinforcement.
TheHypnotoad chapter 93 . 7/6/2013
It would seem to me that Professor McGonagall is too hard on herself and neither she or Harry has examined the situation. Dumbledore has already commented on Harry's perfect hindsight. It would or should have been extremely naive to assume that the extent of the breach of Hogwarts was known to be limited to a single troll. It shouldn't have been possible to have a troll infiltrate Hogwarts without detection. It was clear that it had powerful aid and additional purpose. There was no reason to assume that there weren't additional threats present. Keeping the students in the hall where the 7th years could protect and work together to keep the student body safe should the threat prove to be greater is sound. If one Scout becomes lost in the woods at night, sending the entire troop to go searching in the dark is stupid. And similarly, if one worked in the Pentagon and it was reported an enemy tank was in the building and roaming the halls, acting as if that was the only threat to be concerned would be stupidity bordering on criminal negligence.

I get that Professor McGonagall was shamed into inaction by Quirrel undermining her confidence by having a student show her up. But after having plenty of time to think on the situation and probably confer with the other wizards of her level about the break in, I find it hard to believe the level of prostration she's going through.

Unlike a muggle school, the professors hold the lives and safety of the students in their hands. Spells go wrong, tricky potions can blow up or poison you, students can apparate themselves in half or get themselves womped to death walking too close to the wrong plant. Suggesting that someone teaching a course on bomb diffusal is too strict on safety is laughable. We're talking about someone who has served as combatant in a war who also trained students whom she saw fight and die in that war. Suggesting that this is a weakness on her part or shows lack of courage is just plain wrong.

I would hope there is a reason for treating her character this way. Misdirection of the enemy so that he dismisses Professor McGonagall as a threat or at least easily controlled or some other story driven reason.

There is a reason for a law against children practicing magic outside of Hogwarts and there no home schooled wizards or witches.
gretel chapter 93 . 7/6/2013
I wonder how all Hermione's other friends are taking this?
Hopefully some of the next chapters will show this.
I like Harry's parents.
And he really is wrong to dismiss them, a professor has reasonable amounts of wealth and could provide the initial silver to do the silver-sickle-galleon-gold-silver conversion, amongst many other things.
Separ chapter 93 . 7/6/2013
Very nice chapter again!
annon chapter 93 . 7/6/2013
Killing off Hermione - somebody has been watching too much game of thrones :D

- Love your work -
I was right!
In my previous review I said Hermione had been transfigured into something until Harry had a solution to her death. I wonder where he keeps her? It would probably have to be on his person or he would not be able to keep the transfiguration going.
Guest chapter 93 . 7/6/2013
Well, I intend to hold you to the promise you made here.
tenchifew chapter 93 . 7/6/2013
The question is...
Harry or Defense Professor?
My guess (and hope) it was Harry, and that the two minutes he took to bid farewell were a lot longer due to time turner use - but we will see.
Thank you for writing.
NjKjT chapter 93 . 7/5/2013
I think Quirrell took Hermione's body so Harry wouldn't spend time trying to bring her back. But I still hope he will do it. Hermione can't be dead and Harry can't live without any friends :( Just impossible...
Hyp3rB14d3 chapter 93 . 7/5/2013
After everything that just happened over the past few chapters, this one finally had some desperately needed heartwarming moments. I think this chapter would have gone a long way toward making Hermione's death more acceptable to the readers. It was sad, and acknowledged as such, but this chapter showed that the characters were capable of moving on and that the story wasn't going to turn into a tale about Harry's spiral into madness as he refused to accept defeat against the undefeatable foe.

But then the body disappeared, and now everyone's going to theorize she's alive again. Any chance of the readers accepting Hermione's death has been shot to hell, and I can't really say it's a bad thing.
Reader-anonymous-writer chapter 93 . 7/5/2013
5) Harry obviously used his Time Turner in those last 2 minutes, and the Invisible Harry who had been waiting in the inner room with Hermione's body (presumably working for a few hours on creating a "waxy-looking" replica after ensuring the actual body was safely stored elsewhere at 5 degrees) came out to talk with McGonagall.
Hoping so.
But remember that it is not your moral responsibility to protect any adults, their place is to protect you, and every good adult would agree with that. Please write and tell us more as soon as you can.
Thank you.
Good day, good night, and good luck, children of stars (Harry), of darkness (Quirrell), of night (Severus), of burning fire (Minerva) and blinding light (Albus). Perhaps, I have misplaced you, confused with each other... Good luck.
IveGotNoIdea chapter 93 . 7/5/2013
Fake your own death... it's a best way to disappear from the magical world. That would explain Harry's incompetency when 'saving' Hermione, he didn't want to save her as her 'death' was part of the plan.
G01den Unicorn 11 chapter 93 . 7/5/2013
I cried. That letter was just so heartbreaking, and the tone was identical to the one my dad sent me after I pissed off my Drill Sergeant on a very personal level... Anyway, yeah. Great. Just when I think the worst is over, you manage to pound me emotionally in some other way. And then McGonagall comes and just... and then everyone comes out and Slytherin was wrong, and now I'm telling your story right back to you for some reason.

This is the most powerful thing I have ever read, and it has significantly changed my life.
LightsPast chapter 93 . 7/5/2013
O.O
This was brilliant.
Eagerly awaiting to see how Harry reacts to the new twist!
WildCard-Yes Man chapter 93 . 7/5/2013
I bet harry gave the body to a giant bald eagle in honor of freedom day!
Madsamurai chapter 93 . 7/5/2013
That was a very touching chapter. Hermione death seemed sort of unreal and this chapter brought a sort of closure. I am not sure if it was on purpose, but I feel the update schedule heightened the impact of the story.
esran chapter 93 . 7/5/2013
Mcgonagal's character development arc is excellent. far "too good" for fanfiction, which before you misunderstand means that i never expected to see anything that well written in fanfiction.
Devil Reader chapter 93 . 7/5/2013
I have got to know the story behind the "Incident with the Science Project ".
Guest chapter 93 . 7/5/2013
Well, if the Board of Governors are the same adults at Hermione's trial, then they probably won't care too much that she's dead. McGonagall and Dumbledore don't have a good track record for doing the right thing, or being of any value whatsoever, so what can they really do at this point? Give Hermione a proper burial? Whoops...too late, again.
Andrew chapter 93 . 7/5/2013
I suppose it's much less of a prediction now, but I saw it coming, with Hermione's body going missing. Harry probably used the time-turner to take her out to move her to a more permanent location for long-term cryonics. Going back in time with her body should be workable, but is less optimal. I'm assuming he figured out a way to go back in time and then get her out to save some hours, planting some kind of fake in it's place.

And I really like Minerva as a character. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I feel like it's a unique sort of quest that's going on in the story, the quest of an NPC to become a PC. All the other major characters neatly divide into PC and NPC, in my opinion, but she's on the fence and trying like hell to get over.

Also, maybe finally the people who complain that Harry always wins will give it a rest.
kzal chapter 93 . 7/5/2013
Good job Minerva.

I've always enjoyed her arc - and I read your rant and I would like to say that I've never found HPMOR to be anti-feminist. (But then again, I tend to not be feminist enough for feminists - and I loved the little bit in 71 where Hermione tries to instruct the wizard-born witches). I have always found your characterization of the adult characters to be not only excellent, but remarkably faithful to canon, insofar as the story allows (and with the obvious and necessary exception of Quirrell). I have never thought you give, say, Snape agency which McGonnagall lacks because he is a man, but rather because it is more in his character to act. I could say a great deal more, but you have probably already thought it.

In any case, towards the end you stated, "I do wish people would trust me a little more as an author though." As far as one person's trust might matter, I'll say: you've earned mine.
fractalman chapter 93 . 7/5/2013
D'awwww...
[beat]
O.o. .
Guest chapter 93 . 7/5/2013
Initiate countdown until destruction of the universe as we know it.
Laws of Nature and Magic, Harry is going to violate you in a magical threesome. And you will enjoy it :D
chronodekar chapter 93 . 7/5/2013
I can understand the scene, but the chapter felt too short.

-chronodekar
Mesterio chapter 93 . 7/5/2013
This is making my stomach do flip flops, but I cant stop reading.
Well done.
Nice touch chapter 93 . 7/5/2013
Im pleased by the optimistic tone of this chapter, and by the idea of McGonnigal trying to break her bounds.
Who is powerful enough to ambush Dumbledore and use polyjuice to impersonate him? Quirrell and Snape are off the hook, having been seen in his company? I guess the patronus is a strike against that idea, and Fawkes probably would be hard to fool.
Niqi chapter 93 . 7/5/2013
Why doesn't Quirrell a) tell Harry he heard a prophecy that said Harry was going to tear apart the very stars in heaven and end the world, or b) kill Harry so he can't do that? I can see reasons he might not want to go for option b until he has no other choice, but what's the problem with option a? Does he think Harry of all people would choose to try to save Hermione despite knowing that it would end all life? Does he think Harry wouldn't take his word for it? Doesn't he have proof? Does he think Harry's lying about his true intentions? In short: ?
Macman6453 chapter 93 . 7/5/2013
You really know how to do a cliffhanger, don't you?

Whenever it comes online, I look forward for the next chapter.
iShiney chapter 93 . 7/5/2013
What a cliffhanger!
becuzitswrong chapter 93 . 7/5/2013
You evil evil evil man. So many of them do the right thing. McGonagall does the right thing. Maybe they are getting through to Harry. Then Hermione Granger's body disappears. HERMIONE GRANGER'S BODY DISAPPEARS! What is happening here? I am not sure where this is going, but damn what a ride.
L.E chapter 93 . 7/5/2013
I'm sorry I ever failed to trust you as an author! Forgive me!
timunderwood9 chapter 93 . 7/5/2013
Something I realized- in the previous sequence and here, Harry does not act like a good person. When he refuses the Phoenix he acts out the role of a 'good person', he does what the little picture of an utilitarian who weighs up the numbers and maximizes would do. But he only does what little picture tells him sometimes. In the past two sequences whenever Hermione was at risk he doesn't even think the slightest about what a good person does. He just throws everything at trying to save her and doesn't care about the implications for other people he might help.

And he'd probably do something similar for his parents, or probably a lot of other people who he is emotionally invested in. Like a normal person he sacrifices more for the people he is close to.

And the real lesson Dumbledore learned in his war with Voldemort is that he couldn't do that and win. He had to actually act for the greater good, because otherwise more people would die and Voldemort would just use hostages to exploit him.

Harry hasn't learned that, Harry has decided he will do anything to resurrect Hermione and just refuses to consider that he might make a mistake and do enormous damage in the process. And he'd try anyways because he isn't a good person and saving his best friend and only peer has become for the moment his deepest value.

He doesn't act out the role of a good person when it becomes really important to him.
Arashi - IV of VI chapter 93 . 7/5/2013
Amazing! :D
Loved it!

Her body is missing? Is it Quirrell? He might've taken it to push him another step into the Darkness.
Then again, he might think she was alive...
I dunno.

Awesome story.
L.E chapter 93 . 7/5/2013
Goddammit, now I'm crying, too!
Ggggaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Stupid stupid

Why you gotta make me all sad like that?

Stupid Eliezer stupid methods stupid touching moments
Also, I know you keep saying that old Quirrell is evil, but it's really hard to see it. He seems like an outstanding dude. ; D

I wonder if you are going to go the original material route and have old QQ be the reason that the prophecy comes to past BECAUSE he heard it. If he hadn't, none of this would have happened.
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 93 . 7/5/2013
›› Also, we need some way of keeping track of all the times I'm right.
LOL. The universal loser's lament. :D

›› He (Quirrell) did not think that this would be enough.
I don't remember this story addressing why Quirrell didn't just kill Harry. Seems like it would remove many of Q's worries.

›› A quick Author's Note for Ch. 93 addressing some previous reader concerns appears at hpmor dot com / notes
No such entry at the moment.

Thanks for the update.
Darklooshkin chapter 93 . 7/5/2013
HOOORAY!... for something.
w chapter 93 . 7/5/2013
I wonder if you will stay Hermione dead. Too many readers seem to be obsessing over how to bring her back, whereas it's the entire point she died heroically.
Guest chapter 93 . 7/5/2013
There goes another 5 minutes. Maybe these little chapters are stepping stones to Act 3, but I certainly wish there was a bit more substance to them. I mean, half this chapter was a letter from his parents! And isn't it nice how they can talk about awarding points, but nothing said about Hermione. "Sorry our self-serving inaction killed you; we'll just wear black robes to make up for it, okay?". And if that wasn't bad enough, there's a better than fair chance that Quirrelmort stole her body.
summerful21 chapter 93 . 7/5/2013
The letters were touching, I liked them a lot. I'm glad McGonagall was able to change, her speech was beautiful and sad, and I'm glad Harry more or less forgave her. Harry's determination to not accept Hermione's death was also perfect and touching. Damn your cliffhangers, that was cruel. I'm betting on Harry's first ressurection attempt.
Loonynamelass chapter 93 . 7/5/2013
Okay, I'll give you a properly excited review now.

This is the only fanfiction I still keep up with. I love Harry Potter; I will never be one of the people who say, "I love this so much more than the original!" But this is different, and this is amazing. If you sold this as a book, after it's been Britpicked &c. to your satisfaction, I would buy it and put it on my shelf.

I know it's not over yet, but I have complete confidence in you that you will do it justice.

I feel a little isolated, like I'm on the fringe of something I don't entirely understand or belong to. I'm not a rationality buff; this is my first introduction to all of it. I am probably picking up on zero of your carefully placed hints, obvious or otherwise. Also I think it's pretty funny that people think that you're taking their suggestions from the comments.

After the chapter in which Hermione died, I went around in a weird state of shock and I don't know what. I wasn't going to deny you your right to kill her, and I trusted you completely, but I was still very affected. I didn't even comment "WHAT YOU KILLED HERMIONE" because that seemed harsh, and not entirely right for how I felt.

Finally, I went back a bit and noticed that you switched out the Ghostbusters sorting because it gave people bad memories of other songfics. I have to admit, I was a little disappointed and I felt like the Ghostbusters one was better, but this fic is making me think that I might be biased since the Ghostbusters sorting is the "original" for me.

I think that's all my thoughts for now? Other than the "Thanks for the updates period" that you've been getting.

Also, a few exclamation points: !
Nanashi113 chapter 93 . 7/5/2013
interesting
delete09285 chapter 93 . 7/5/2013
I repeat that you have crushed my heart into little tiny pieces on the floor, and Steven Moffat could take lessons from you.

And yet, I must give you a small dose of kudos, because you have done so, but I am *still* willing to read this story.

I. Love. Harry's. Parents. I loved them when they were first introduced, and they have not disappointed.

(although that may be a sign that they are going down next ... phooey... you don't dare love anyone in this fic, do you?)

And Professor McGonagall has gone through an awesome story arc in the last couple of chapters. *claps for Professor McGonagall* Can I take her home with me?

Let us all devoutly hope that said MIRI math workshop will be efficient and not too exhausting.
dalulzing chapter 93 . 7/5/2013
This story has reached the point where I am unable to review, and have nothing to do but watch it unfold. My "advice" would only get in the way
Shay McSudonim chapter 93 . 7/5/2013
Okay, yeah, I still think that it was Dumbledore who killed Hermionie. It just seems... I don't know, almost foreshadowed? Back at the end of Taboo Tradeoffs, Harry thought something along the lines of, "if he stepped outside his ethics every time there was a reason to do so, the end result wouldn't be good." That is, essentially, what Albus Dumbledore has been doing, and, indeed, the results probably aren't good.

This doesn't mean that Dumbledore's a bad person, necessarily. You don't have to be a particularly good person to make a heroic choice, nor do you need to be a particularly evil one to make a villainous choice.

Dumbledore is, of course, a much 'better' person than Quirrelmort in terms of ideals, morals, and empathy. Quirelmort is not normal, and not just in terms of his extreme pessimism and lack of empathy... but, as Rowling has said, it is our choices, far more than our abilities, that show what we truly are. And we just don't know enough about what kind of choices these two are making, or have made in the past.

Maybe I'll just go back to rooting for Dobby at the antagonist. It would cause less headaches.
skycomv2 chapter 93 . 7/5/2013
very nice about face by Minerva, its good to see that Harry's angry rant towards her actually changed her behavior. I imagine that it is equally important that his slytherin side was proven wrong before he became to much like the defense professor.
DarkRavie chapter 93 . 7/5/2013
Great chapter! I can't wait to read what happens next.
The feels
leppy chapter 93 . 7/5/2013
Aw, snap; the almighty pair of Lesath and Harry will try to raise the dead.
reesessweetie chapter 93 . 7/5/2013
oh goodness..i'm sitting in the library, readin gthis and i'm just crying .poor harry..

and hermione's body going missing has to be harry's doing. i'm looking forward to seeing what he's got planned. knowing harry, it's definitely going to be great. i just hope it works. iw ant to see hermione back!