Reviews for Chasing Redemption
Convenient Alias chapter 3 . 7/3
I was rereading this today. I still enjoy it very much-this early part in particular, and Obi-Wan's intense grief at losing the man he considered a son, especially the contrast between the way he expresses his grief and the way Padme expresses hers. Two very different characters, both so deeply wounded.
Elise chapter 10 . 6/20
Great story. I hope in the future you update.
Aldryne21 chapter 9 . 5/3
This one and the previous chapter were utterly brilliant!
BlueStarr23 chapter 10 . 4/23
oh! my gosh no! the story is getting good! I wanna know what happens next! :D
uru94 chapter 10 . 4/3
Ok, i know you do't upload since a long time, but please, this story is just so GREAT, i need you to finish it. I cried all along the chapters, spetially when Obi-Wan is in the chancellor office and has his emotional breakdown. I loved everything, i love the way you write, the story, how you describe the characters, verything and it would be so nice to kow what happens next.
13MD chapter 10 . 2/17
This story is wonderful, the way you describe the characters is fantastic. Is it abandoned? If that is the case, it's a shame. Great job!
novelreader chapter 5 . 2/11
So true. My hatred of Palpatine never ceases still, but your right, I didn't see there what he really said. Man's a master of wordplay isn't he? Probably was a really great lawyer before he was a senator...
novelreader chapter 4 . 2/11
Man Palpatine really knows how to push people's buttons. And lie skillfully.
novelreader chapter 3 . 2/11
Oh poor Obi-Wan!
novelreader chapter 8 . 2/8
The chess game between Anakin's two former masters is really interesting. Sometimes I find it a little mind-blowing how similar these two teachers are in a way, and it's really sad how Anakin never really managed to surpass either of them (then again Palpatine never intended it, he was using Anakin as a pawn, and Obi-Wan never truly tried to understand Anakin and why he was the way he was until it was too late and Palpatine turned him right underneath the Jedi's fingers), probably due to his upbringing and his slight emotional dis-stability (he wasn't functioning well as a Jedi, having lived outside the Jedi, and probably somewhat still have that slave mindset, that Palpatine wanted to take advantage of.). But when it comes to intellect, wouldn't somewhat with intellect on engineering have some on strategy too, or was it Anakin's lack of patience, because Anakin's character is confusing to me, he's an idiot (yeah I kind of have to agree) and yet he's also Darth Vader, who it seems always wins his battles against the Rebellion until Luke came along for the ride. Or was it more Vader's brutality rather then any talent in tactics I wonder. I just find that transformation... strange to figure out. I don't know if I can say I like Vader, but I respect him as a character, and I like his enigma and mystery, and the whole redemption arc was great. Likewise I liked Anakin too even with all his faults, but they seem almost like two different characters, with a line that somewhat connects them and that's the anger and the destruction. I mean you could say his destruction in Mustafar with his injuries tempered him... but still putting them together, I don't know. Anyway, I guess in the point of view of where we left off, Anakin never coming close to being Vader, he was reckless and impatient and probably a very very bad chess player because of it. The image of Anakin almost destroying the board with his lightsaber was very funny, and seeing Palpatine and Obi-Wan bonding in a game of chess was surreal. And Obi-Wan winning, hah! Of course! Palpatine is too arrogant and over-confident! Caution and tact always wins the game! I hope someday I'd be as good. Unfortunately for Obi-Wan, he may have accidently made Palpatine more powerful in this awareness. In cannon, Palpatine's surety and his underestimation of Luke and forgetting that the reason his current apprentice behind him turned to the Dark Side was because of love, seriously he didn't think Anakin was going to do anything seeing his son being tortured, then again being a mind-numbing slave that did unthinkable acts for his master, it's understandable why his master didn't foresee it. But this time, Palpatine is aware of Obi-Wan and maybe his own shortcoming. He's not going to make the mistake of underestimating his opponents or being distracted by his surety, especially not now.

Anyway it doesn't matter, because apparently your not continuing this?
DeviantAccumulation chapter 10 . 1/21
Hey, I know you're not continuing this story, but I just wanted to say that I've greatly enjoyed reading what you've written! The mind games, the emotional turmoil, the intrigues... lovely, and very well done!
Please continue this story, I love it, and am hoping you post more. It is actually my secant favorite fanfic, keep up the good work!
Annie Walker chapter 10 . 12/29/2015
Will you be updating this story anytime soon? I doubt you will and it makes me sad.
Leto Mireille chapter 10 . 12/20/2015
I'm not much into "favorite authors" stuff. Always go for a good story and not author's name.
After reading yours I went to your bio site and discovered you are not just someone who have written one thrilling, amazing piece of Obi-Wan fanfiction.
You are the author of "From The Ashes" - one of my favorite 3 greatest fanfics ever.
"Chasing Redemption" just like "From the Ashes" has so much potential, so much intensity and so well written characters. My heart is bleeding because I know it will be forever unfinished.
Don't know what is better: never reading great story or reading it and not knowing how it would end.
Guest chapter 10 . 12/14/2015
Please update! I am loving your wonderful story! It is truly beautiful! Please post. This is in my top 5 favorite fanfics, and I have read a lot of fanfics. Update? Thank you!