Reviews for Til Death
Errant Knight chapter 6 . 8/4/2011
Great Story! tense battles, wonderful characterization, the horror and difficulty of the deep roads thamselves... You captured exactly why I love this part of the game-*because* it's a long haul through a nightmare that takes all the companions working as a team to survive.
Wolfox6 chapter 6 . 11/2/2010
First of all, thank you for not having a giggly Leliana...what a relief! You portrayed her as a strong woman, thoughtful and a warrior to boot! Though I usually don't like Deep Roads tales, this was a wonderful read. Dark and brooding.

Very well done.
todd360 chapter 6 . 3/27/2010
Blown away again. Always love reading your stuff. Can't believe I missed this one. Guess I got wrapped up with Awakening and forgot I still had this one to read. Great story as always. I honestly think you have the skill to write a great fanfic that covers the entire game. Whether you have the time is another matter haha. Would definitely want to read it tho. Hope you keep writing!
Rancho Relaxo chapter 6 . 3/5/2010
I'll review your story! I enjoy reading your work, Sisimka. Once again it is good to find longer and stronger stories that don't feature Alistair as the main love interest. Although it has to be said that there's a lot of good stories now which feature Zevran and Cullen which is about time.

I like how in this particular story you have explored the middle part of the Leliana / Aedan pairing. What I mean is you take the groundwork as having been done already and get the pair of characters up to the point where they really trust each other. This makes for interesting reading and you have pulled it off beautifully.

The Deep Roads seem to be universally regarded as the creepiest part of Dragon Age. I like the way you show a bit of how Hespith's dirge seems to freak out most of the party too.

Finally I agree with your author's note about party size. Best thing about fan fiction is that you're not limited by arbitrary party sizes and can have the whole gang going nuts on the darkspawn together.

Well done!
Lerolain chapter 6 . 3/5/2010
It makes me sad that your story doesn't have more reviews. I just read it all in one go and I think it's worthy of much more praise than you've been given.

I loved the characterisation particularly in the first two chapters. (and you're right - why would you just take three buddies in when you could take a little army? - apart from being unstoppable and therefore game-breaking!)

I like that the romance was a sub plot rather than the main focus of the story. Aedan came across as a serious warden, not a lovesick twit. And your Leliana - she was spot on.

Your prose flowed well and all the description made me feel I was really there.

Good stuff!
Snafu1000 chapter 4 . 3/3/2010
Yeah, that part with Hespith's rhyme had the hair on the back of my neck standing on end. Good job of capturing the oppressive atmosphere of the Deep Roads and its effect on everyone.
Snafu1000 chapter 3 . 3/2/2010
They do tend to take root and grow when you're not looking. Very well written. Aedan's conflicted feelings when Alistair was injured felt very real, and keeping the emotions between Aedan and Leliana as a steady undertone, rather than the full focus, is making for an interesting read.