Reviews for Just a Friendly Game of Poker
Wendymypooh chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
I enjoyed reading this. Although I'm not familiar with some of the characters, it was definitely entertaining.
thom.clark.73 chapter 1 . 2/21/2013
Thank you! :) my childhood came rushing back.
unutterably stupid dragon chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
You just keep hitting them out of the park ... lovely. Adored shows and characters and just the right amount of lovely, lovely lunacy ... thank you.
pronker chapter 1 . 2/24/2011
Well, I just had to drag out my few remaining zines when I read this: there weren't any whole western zines left, just some Laredo fics yanked out and maybe a Wild Wild West story or two. Bummer. But, in the day I'd read Alias Smith and Jones and Maverick and so forth, and even an F Troop. Yours was a good tie-in with those characters and surprised me with MacLeod, in that I pictured him sitting there, just taking in the scenery and action, until he remembered about the 'aye friend' aspect of the whole thing. Liked the tripping and the spilling of beer, nicely visualized; I hope you continue to post here. It's really a fantastic site, and I don't know where else to find a Rawhide story. So, happy writing!
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
Love it! Wasn't too fond of F-Troop or Maverick. Adored Cheyenne and Magnificent Seven and Highlander. Liked Alias Smith and Jones
axel100 chapter 1 . 11/30/2010
The Big Daddy of all Western Crossovers. You pulled it off nicely. Hoozah!
ShakNali chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
Very entertaining! Thanks for sharing.
LADYMALLARD chapter 1 . 7/3/2010
This was a terrific one chapter story, filled with action and suspece and even the humor of the F troopers. Although, I did miss Agarn, he was a favorite F Troop character of mine. It was even more interesting to have a family tie between the shows characters and having the lawmen being tricked by the gamblers. And having the all the crossovers of all my favorite western shows of a bygone age in one story was an absolute Hoot! You did a fantastic job of blending all of them, I could just hear the the voices of all the characters in every line of dialog. Short but sweet, Great story.
deeply-spaced chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
Aww, you included Captain Parmenter! Thank you! I just adore Wilton. What a cutie and Ken Berry was so talented! I would love to read another F Troop story from you. Your style is fun, engaging, and you've made me a very happy camper!
Katescats chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
Hi just read your story it was very good.
Marmie1955 chapter 1 . 3/6/2010
Cute premise but need work on the poker. Ezra raised and then was forgotten in the hand.
sfulton229 chapter 1 . 2/28/2010
Hee! Lovely way to get such famous poker players in one room. I'm sure it was an epic battle and a good time was had by all. Nice to have Hannibal Dobbs and Heyes and Curry related; that certainly started some trouble. Nice escape and love that the card players all aided and abetted, even MacLeod. Terrific ending and I just wish this could have been filmed. Thanks for posting this; I got a nice giggle out of it.