Reviews for Eight Point Five
mysinger chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
Great story! Thank you.
Debby-1957 chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
I really liked your story. Well written and edited, and a good story idea for this occasion. It was quite realistic, and it made the reader feel the agony of waiting to hear if someone is alive or not. I loved the ending and the last sentence. Thanks!
twilly chapter 1 . 6/10/2010
You had me nerve wracked right along with Bella. I hate that feeling when you're so crippled with the guilt of what you said and what you didn't say. I loved it!
reesessweetie chapter 1 . 4/21/2010
thank you for having edward be alive at the end! i was so worried!
alecheve chapter 1 . 3/22/2010
Edward is such a cry baby. I had an 8.8 and I didnt cry!

And I also didn't get something like a Haiti Compilation... even though they only had a 7.0! We got a 7.2 like 3 days ago! and yesterday a 6.7! And we also didnt get a stupid concert or a stupid we are the world song and I def did NOT saw Angelina Jolie or Leo diCaprio holdin chileans babys!

An update in wild swan woul make me feel better :p
mudpuddledemon chapter 1 . 3/22/2010
omg that made me cry. jerk. no. it's awesome. lol
PLEASE DELETE1 chapter 1 . 3/22/2010
... You scared me, there. But it was well done, the little flashes of memory and such. I like it.

Cheers!
yogacat chapter 1 . 3/15/2010
this can't seriously be the first thing of yours I've read.

I am a bad person.

I remember that day. We had just been to SF in Aug. and were watching the world series.

Thanks bb
TracesOfInk chapter 1 . 3/11/2010
This was really well written; I felt Bella's panic as she couldn't get through. You captured that emotion really well.

I read this late last night, and I was starting to get pretty tired, but as Bella's phone rang at the end I completely woke up, and had to sit up in bed to read the rest. I felt the nerves and anxiety and relief right along with her.

Well done :)
Capricorn75 chapter 1 . 3/8/2010
I could have sworn I already reviewed this, but for some reason it's still sitting in my inbox. Hmm.

Anyway, first off, thank you for adding to the Haiti compilation and being part of something so great. I admire and appreciate that.

I enjoyed this little piece. It was short and sweet, but you got a lot of emotions across. And thank goodness for a happy ending!

I enjoyed seeing you post again, and reading your wonderful words. I hope you are able to get back to Wild Swan some day; you have been truly missed!
DashDoll chapter 1 . 3/3/2010
This Story Is So Beautiful!

Good Job!
hotmama4jd chapter 1 . 3/2/2010
OK, this was angsty - but good in an I'm-crying-my-eyes-out kind of way. I like it.

I have to admit your story gave me flashbacks to 9/11. We couldn't get open phone lines into NYC, email was available to people midtown and north but no one could get ahold of their people in the Financial district. Internet news was completely blocked up (I was at work - I work in NJ about ~5 miles from WTC). It was awful. We could see the burning towers, smoke, fighter jets... I was lucky to not have anyone in direct harms way but my associate's roomate was supposed to be in the south tower (her meeting got canceled but we couldn't find out until 3 hours later), my uncle was supposed to be speaking at a conference at Windows on the World (but went on vacation instead), my boss's son was jogging in Battery Park (and couldn't be reached for 5 hours) and my best friend works in midtown (she was pregnant and had gone shopping the Monday before at the mall under WTC (!) and she couldn't get home to LI for hours b/c Manhattan was so locked down). It was hell. Cars left for days in the train parking lot waiting for owners who never came home. *shiver*

You did a good job capturing that awful panic. Although I will never forget the terror I felt when I worried about my friend (even knowing she was probably in midtown), I had almost forgotten the looks on my coworkers faces as they frantically tried to get ahold of their spouses/friends/etc. and just couldn't get through. The waiting (and watching) was awful. Just awful.
revrag chapter 1 . 3/1/2010
Lovely. Thanks for sharing! :)
Ironic Twist chapter 1 . 3/1/2010
Dear ScarlettLetters, thank you for not killing him. I'm sure the temptation was there. I liked the back and forth. It's an epic one-shot, if that's possible.
Cullen.Love.101 chapter 1 . 2/28/2010
Aw such a heart-stopping story - thanks for sharing - I was at the edge of my seat right up until the end. Thank you so much for sharing!