Reviews for Designated Hitter
fayespiegel chapter 5 . 7/24/2010
May I just say, most excellent job! You have a really smooth and seamless writing style, which definitely works for this show! And you definitely have a strong sense of the story development and characters. The banter and mini-competitions between Mike and Kenny (not to mention the resolution working out for Bobby, instead- that is soo My Boys!), the baseball references, it's great! (And the dream sequence was so intense- awesome!) I wish we could have seen more of Stephanie and Andy, but all in all, job well done! PJ and Brendan get together so beautifully, and I really think you captured the sense of tension and transition nicely. May more My Boys/ PJ/Brendan storylines be in your creative future!
Sheena Is A Punk Rocker chapter 5 . 4/15/2010

Why does this have to be the end? [

Thank you so much for writing this fic cuz the fandom definately needed it.

You got all the characters down to a tee, and I love how you summed it up the way PJ would've if she was the narrator. ]

Sequel maybe?
ShadowGoddess1 chapter 5 . 4/15/2010
I kind of feel like this story ended too soon for me!

I guess I wanted to see some ribbing from the guys and their reactions to PJ and Brendan's relationship.

But your ending does seem like something the show would do. How many times have we seen PJ and Steph walking and talking somewhere? A lot, so that was good.

I guess I wanted a few chapters where we could read about PJ and Brando being a couple since we didn't get that on the show.

Overall, I thought your story was fun and Very My Boys. I don't get why you didn't get more reviews. I guess people don't know this section exists.
little miss michelle chapter 4 . 4/15/2010
I love brando! great story!
Sheena Is A Punk Rocker chapter 4 . 4/11/2010
Yay! I can finally review! XD

Well, I must say that this fic keeps getting better and better. ]

I love that she dreamed about kissing him and then it happened!

and also love the turn of events with Bobby, Mike, and Kenny. XD

I could totally see something like that happening on the show! lol
ShadowGoddess1 chapter 4 . 4/9/2010
Oh how I love thee Debbie! lol.

At first I thought you were going to tease us with the dream. I was so happy when the dream became reality. It was interesting that Brando was the first to declare his feelings. I always thought he liked PJ a lot and was just scared to admit it because of their friendship.

I was so worried about Bobby coming and messing things up. I kept picturing Bobby interrupting the kiss and Brando getting jealous when he found out about the date. Thank goodness that didn't happen. I love the unexpected. Debbie now rules. Maybe she and Bobby can date.
padfootsprincess02 chapter 3 . 3/31/2010
Awesome chapter! This is so how seaason 2 shouldve ended... Brando and PJ FTW!
ShadowGoddess1 chapter 3 . 3/31/2010
If only PJ and Brando had these revelations on the show and PJ didn't hop back on the Bobby train. :sighs:

I can't believe Brando moved out though. That is not conducive to them getting together if he moves out. I also feel PJ has unwittingly moved Bobby into a little triangle.

I hope these two get things sorted pronto. It would be nice to read a story that is about them being a couple for once since we never get that on the show.

And Debbie- it's pretty obvious why no one believed she was over Brando when she treated him so bad during their first meeting. People who are over things don't act like that. So I kind of hope she does get over Brando, we don't need a "Square."
ShadowGoddess1 chapter 2 . 3/31/2010
I thought I put this story on alert. Apparently I missed two chapters. Anyway, this chapter was interesting. I wonder if Debbie was jealous of the PJ/Brando relationship. That could be another reason she acted so badly toward Brendan.

It kind of worries me that Bobby is thinking PJ might want anothe relationship with him. Since Brendan had the revelation he likes PJ, I'm thinking he'll get jealous when they go on this date.

Oh I love the episode when we discover PJ and Brendan had a thing in college. "You so what's up-ed me!" lol.
piper14798 chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
I like it Update Soon
padfootsprincess02 chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
I liked it Ultra! Cant wait to read chap.2.. :)
ShadowGoddess1 chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
Hey thanks for telling me about your story. I didn't think there would ever be any more PJ/Brando stories. So I stopped checking, especially after the lone PJ/Brando story didn't get updated after a while.

Anyway, Good story so far. I think you have the interaction between everyone down pat. Too bad you have only gotten to see season 1. It would have been nice to see your insight on later episodes.

My first thought is what is with Debbie? Brendan is such a nice guy. Why treat him like that? He was 5 years older than her and would have went to jail if he touched her. So if that's the reason she's mad she needs to get over it pronto.

I got the feeling from your summary Debbie was going to be instrumental in getting PJ and Brando together, so i'm thinking she does warm up to him eventually. Also, if she hooks up with Kenny or Mike I will laugh. Actually, I really like Kenny and Steph together-(I hope I didn't spoil anything by saying that...)