Reviews for Alexandra Quick and the Deathly Regiment
suprita45 chapter 31 . 4/30
Well... this is years after you posted this story, but my heart finally melted at your review request! Jokes aside, I don't have anything much to say but that I'm really enjoying your works. This is probably the first fanfic that felt like a proper book (I don't know why you simply didn't dump the HP Wizarding World universe and made this your own story).
I am loving this, already favorited all your stories I've read so far, and intend to continue to do so!
Lots of Love!
Still loving this series!
JuliusMD chapter 31 . 12/13/2021
Thank you for writing the Deathly Regiment.
JuliusMD chapter 29 . 12/13/2021
That doesn't make any sense that she throws away her opportunity to get her brother back, after stating mulitple times on different occasions that she would not stop until he is back and would do anything to bring him back.
JuliusMD chapter 18 . 12/12/2021
This book feels just depressing.
Haplo12345 chapter 31 . 12/2/2021
Loved this, even more than the first two! I will say it was really frustrating to see Alexandra steal the time turner from her sister; that's one of the first things that really caused serious trouble for someone else in a way that just seemed unnecessary. Alex is a smart girl, so she should have known a bit better when *literally everyone including the person who was a professional time turner user* tell her what she wanted to do would not work/be impossible/etc.

Also a little bummed she didn't get to use that coin on Darla or someone to bring Max back, though I do understand it would've essentially stolen the spotlight for the rest of Alexandra's time in the series... she'd just be known forever as the girl who managed to cheat death and suffer no shortage of attention from everyone.

It would've been nice to learn a bit more about some of the characters (especially the medieval knight) still stuck in Death's palace; maybe some names and backstories... things she couldn't possible have known/learned during her time at school for example. That way it would do just enough to pique the curiosity of some of the adults she could share the stories with (like Dean Grimm or her sister, or Mrs. Shirtliffe) to make them stop and go "I wonder... could she really be telling the truth?!"
ReaderBot791 chapter 17 . 7/1/2021
Well, I'm usually diligent about reviewing every few chapters when I read a fanfic, but I've waited till this point to review.

The AQ series is very different from the fanfics I usually read. I read it when AQATWA was only half-published and re-read it during the lockdown. The third book has always been my favourite. I promise to put my thoughts into words later in a more thorough review, but Alex's mental state and the story of this book resonate with me.

In my opinion, chapters 17 and 18 of AQATDR are the two most powerful chapters I've ever read in a fanfic, and they're close to being the two most poignant I've read... ever. I've never been the type of person to get emotionally invested in books. I realized I loved this story when, on my first read, I couldn't control my frustration and sorrow. I was groaning and tearing up and pulling my hair out during this book. It was amazing.
illjwamh chapter 31 . 6/23/2021
I did enjoy this one a lot, though I think the middle dragged a little. Alexandra's obsession carried on a bit too long for my tastes, but I'm willing to concede that that's just me. I'm excited to read the next one, now that the stakes have irrevocably risen.
illjwamh chapter 30 . 6/23/2021
I thought I had it all figured out, and then you pulled one more rug out from under me. In my defense, I did figure it out a few paragraphs before it was officially revealed, lol.
illjwamh chapter 29 . 6/23/2021
So Darla was the sacrifice and she's been trying everything to get out of it and replace herself with someone else, eh? Can't believe she just went through with it in the end, though. What did they have on her that compelled her to give her life away like that after she fought so hard against it?
illjwamh chapter 28 . 6/23/2021
Now THIS is a climax. I am loving this, and even though i should be going to bed, I'm gonna have to power through to the end; I just know it.
illjwamh chapter 26 . 6/22/2021
My faith has been rewarded. This is the kind of character growth I've been craving. I can only hope she doesn't backslide again.
illjwamh chapter 19 . 6/22/2021
I hope the slow burn to whatever Alexandra's going to end up learning doesn't last much longer. It's getting incredibly frustrating and I'm starting to not like her. I felt this way once before, back in the first half of book one, so I have faith, but right now this is infuriating.
illjwamh chapter 17 . 6/22/2021
I know you've got an endgame in mind, but I'm really hoping it's a doozy, because Alexandra is becoming less and less sympathetic as a character, and I'm finding it increasingly hard to like her in recent chapters.
illjwamh chapter 16 . 6/22/2021
"No one is going to just hand a Time-Turner to a thirteen-year-old."

I lol'd.