Reviews for Alexandra Quick and the Deathly Regiment
ReaderBot791 chapter 17 . 7/1
Well, I'm usually diligent about reviewing every few chapters when I read a fanfic, but I've waited till this point to review.

The AQ series is very different from the fanfics I usually read. I read it when AQATWA was only half-published and re-read it during the lockdown. The third book has always been my favourite. I promise to put my thoughts into words later in a more thorough review, but Alex's mental state and the story of this book resonate with me.

In my opinion, chapters 17 and 18 of AQATDR are the two most powerful chapters I've ever read in a fanfic, and they're close to being the two most poignant I've read... ever. I've never been the type of person to get emotionally invested in books. I realized I loved this story when, on my first read, I couldn't control my frustration and sorrow. I was groaning and tearing up and pulling my hair out during this book. It was amazing.
illjwamh chapter 31 . 6/23
I did enjoy this one a lot, though I think the middle dragged a little. Alexandra's obsession carried on a bit too long for my tastes, but I'm willing to concede that that's just me. I'm excited to read the next one, now that the stakes have irrevocably risen.
illjwamh chapter 30 . 6/23
I thought I had it all figured out, and then you pulled one more rug out from under me. In my defense, I did figure it out a few paragraphs before it was officially revealed, lol.
illjwamh chapter 29 . 6/23
So Darla was the sacrifice and she's been trying everything to get out of it and replace herself with someone else, eh? Can't believe she just went through with it in the end, though. What did they have on her that compelled her to give her life away like that after she fought so hard against it?
illjwamh chapter 28 . 6/23
Now THIS is a climax. I am loving this, and even though i should be going to bed, I'm gonna have to power through to the end; I just know it.
illjwamh chapter 26 . 6/22
My faith has been rewarded. This is the kind of character growth I've been craving. I can only hope she doesn't backslide again.
illjwamh chapter 19 . 6/22
I hope the slow burn to whatever Alexandra's going to end up learning doesn't last much longer. It's getting incredibly frustrating and I'm starting to not like her. I felt this way once before, back in the first half of book one, so I have faith, but right now this is infuriating.
illjwamh chapter 17 . 6/22
I know you've got an endgame in mind, but I'm really hoping it's a doozy, because Alexandra is becoming less and less sympathetic as a character, and I'm finding it increasingly hard to like her in recent chapters.
illjwamh chapter 16 . 6/22
"No one is going to just hand a Time-Turner to a thirteen-year-old."

I lol'd.
Joao Felipe chapter 31 . 5/21
For a fanfic this book is excellent, so I will criticize it as a published book.

I believe the book started really well but lost the pace in the middle, maybe you offered many things, time turners, ghosts and it got a bit confusing.

I missed a bit of worldbuilding and dialogues between characters.

The ending didn’t make much sense for me, she could have Max back and get rid of Darla, She chose to Die in her place.

I really enjoyed the duels and how the you handled the characters’ feelings mourning Max.
Well done, feel you settled into your writing. Darla plot wrapped up well, loved Innocence, Lands Beyond were great, and further Confederation world building.

Feedback I suppose if anything is that in some ways felt /lingering/, which is appropriate given Alexandra's mourning etc. but detentions, and Darla, and squabbles, and Lands Below, and such is sort of familiar ground. I'm not sure you could have handled it better (while accomplishing plot and introducing new stuff). Nonetheless that's the only thing I can think of (though again sort of inherent given the situation) to mildly critique. It /felt/ like less (magnitude compared with whole world and characters in book 1, and Lands Below and family and plot happenings in book 2). Also despite Alex's deal, Darla, and the revelation of her and Confederation etc. just isn't doesn't hit as personally.
Krav chapter 31 . 12/17/2020
Can't believe, put of all the fanfiction I've read so far, I never found yours until now, about ten years later!
I love it all so far.
Indecisive.Undecided chapter 31 . 10/9/2020
This book was so intense and slightly scary to read at night. Loved it!
Amrod chapter 1 . 7/14/2020
Am i the only one that doesn't feel sorry for Darla?
Tika chapter 31 . 7/7/2020
Alexandra's adventure is truly amazing. I really like how Alexandra is depicted after losing Max. Darla ... she went to the Beyond Lands to save her sister. She actually doesn't want to hurt anyone. Sad.