Reviews for Or Not To Be
Ahh last comment - maybe if it looked like Matthew spent a lot of time bleeding or something. I'm sure both Alfred and Francis would find it upsetting, to think they might have been next door while it was happening, or that they could have saved him

It'd also be really cool to see how Matt got to that state of mind too. And what sort of blame falls on Francis and Alfred. I know my own impression was that they weren't mean or cruel, just that Francis wasn't good at making sure Matt got enough attention, and Alfred was way too caught up in himself. Maybe if in the end it kinda explores their thoughts on it too?

I can see Alfred being sad, but not really thinking it was his fault. Maybe if Cuba ended up apologising some time later to Matt over text (cause maybe Alfred would keep Matt's phone), and Alfred slowly starting to realise that he and Francis had had a responsibility to Matt, by merit of living with him and being his father respectively. Francis probably already feels awful, but Alfred becomes more aware of how his own actions had unintentionally impacted Matthew. Maybe Alfred has a personality change, becoming a bit more caring and wanting to talk about mental health and such. How people can help, how to look for problems and stuff.

Or maybe like Francis breaking down and thinking that besides Matt's room the house was barely different with Matthew gone, and feeling so badly that someone Matt had been invisible in their own home and how little the environment was affected beyond Francis' own emotions.

Or maybe if Matthew is saved by someone outside of the family, and as adults Alfred and his wife have trouble with one of their children and he mentions it to Matthew when they all visit, and then Matthew talks to them and the kid becomes really attached to Matthew. And maybe eventually after some time Matt helps to convince them to talk to their parents and ask to go talk to someone. And maybe Alfred overhears a conversation, because Matthew told the kid what he had gone through, and it makes Alfred re-evaluate things with his brother. And then maybe Alfred angrily confronts Francis or something about it, cause he's mad but too scared to talk to Matt and not wanting to accept the fact that he was part of the reason everything happened to Matthew, and eventually Francis and Alfred approach Matthew and they all sit down for a bit of talking. And maybe Alfred suggests talking it all over with a counsellor and things get better with Matthew and Alfred's kid and Alfred discovers a bit more about Matt and they become actual friends. Maybe Gilbert discovers it, and he's Alfred's friend but he's aware enough to help Matthew when he sees something is wrong, and bold enough to try.

:D
Maybe something garish or gothic.

If you kinda logic it than no one will go looking for Matthew until the next morning, if Alfred drives Matt to school, then Matt could prepare something creepy or something. Like put dark curtains on the windows to dull the light, and have Matthew do his prep or whatever and then finish himself off lying snugly in his bed. He'd look like this beautiful sleeping fairy all cozy and curled up under a heavy duvet, and then Alfred could pull back the covers and see that the bed is covered in blood.

Oh! What about Matt decorating some of his artefacts around the room with blood (at first I was going for blood on the walls, but honestly I don't think Matt could lose that much before dying, and I think subtle and freaky might actually work better.)

So like if Matt put bloody all over stuffed bear Kumajiro and either snuggled him up behind Matt's body in bed, or maybe set him in the ensuite toilet. Or maybe even a shared bathroom between the boys, if Matt does it when he knows Alfred won't shower the next morning, and decorate him maybe to mimic how Matt expects his own body to be, and then set him sitting against the back of the bathtub (with shower curtain in front of the tub so you can't see it immediately).

And then Matt could like maybe purposefully drip his way around his room and make a little trail of blood droplets not immediately seen, and maybe have blood smears over photos or awards, so it looks like Matt handled them before going to his bed. Then Matt could lie down and get all comfy, and so he'd look sleeping and such, but blood everywhere when the duvet is pulled back.

And then it would be all kinda suspense creepy horror and the nerves happen when the characters see the detail or subtleties.

Eheh, you really got me thinking now!

Loved the story! Thanks for your work!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/14/2016
Both!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/7/2016
BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD PLEASE MAKE IT VEEEEERRRYYY BAAAD! Maybe make Mathew be like "I have a presentation" then he walks to the front of the class, announces how much he HATES EVERYONE AND HIMSELF then he stabs himself in the neck and DIES in Alfred's arms!
Darude Dogestorm chapter 1 . 5/17/2016
This is a well written piece, and I really like it!
Also, the bad ending would be good to see. However, if you'd like to, you can upload both endings
Tesla chapter 1 . 7/24/2014
This is extremely well written! I'd like to see a happy ending, but maybe have Matthew just about to do it and then someone coming in and saving him. I really hope you update this soon. :)
N.S.O chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
I'm absolutely loving this story, it's so wonderful. What I want to see is for Alfred, his father and everyone else to suffer for what they did, or rather, heven't. No physically, but mentally and emotionally.
I don't mind if it ends happy or sad, as long as his family at least suffers. (sorry, I can be a bit of a sadist)
But, if it were to end happy, I think that Matthew should be saved b someone, not his brother nor father, but someone he's hardly talked to before. Perhaps someone whom could want to be his friend, but never know how to approach him, or something of the sort. Countries I have in mind for that would be Prussia, Netherlands, Liechtenstein, Iceland, Japan (my personal favourite for this) or Romano.

Anyways, I hope you take my thoughts into consideration, and I look forward to reading more.
Zeao chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
I feel as if this fic has been abandoned, but I'll reply anyway :]

I think you write these dark thoughts really well, and maybe it should continue to be dark. I think that perhaps- if you do continue writing this- getting into his past more might be interesting. It would explain more about how Matthew got in that mindset. This chapter is solid enough to stand on its own though.

If it's going to end happy, then could I suggest that Matthew is driven right to the edge before his life is turned around? You write the dark thoughts of the mind so well that I would hate to see it just suddenly turn into sunshine and rainbows.

Just suggestions, though I do hope this is continued :]
kuu.razill.kussia chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
I vote bad end cause Im a bit sadistic 3 update when you can soon like now please!
Thirteen Little Dreams chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
He shouldn't do it at all (I'm a Good End person), but if he does, he should do it in their faces.
Jesus chapter 1 . 5/15/2011
CONTINUE!
ht4eva chapter 1 . 5/2/2011
Well, this piece seems to be fairly old, judging by the publication date, so I'm not sure whether or not you have any intention of updating it, but I would appreciate it if you did: it's excellent! Really and truly!
Ryuuk96 chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
Oh my God. I love this! Personally, I tend to gravitate towards bad endings, but a happy ending would also work quiet well. Looking forwards to the next chapter!
Chibi Prince Vegeta chapter 1 . 12/28/2010
Im a proud canadian but i kinda want this story to end in a horrible bloody scene (does that make me insane or just sadistic?)
Kie-chu chapter 1 . 11/21/2010
Umm, ok so seriously? This was really good. I love reading angsty and depressing stories for some reason and this is one of my favourites. I hope you continue this. I think it should have a not so happy ending. It seems more realistic that way, and I personally want it to happen. I am such a sadist for thinking that, but yeah. Great job, and I hope you update this soon! :D
56 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »