Reviews for It Happened More Than Once
celticfox chapter 2 . 3/3/2010
Oh, you're turning it into a series! Brilliant.

I really don't know much about Charley (I should fix that, shouldn't I) but I just love the Doctor in this, particularly in the line:

"Besides, it would have been quite dangerous having melted snow in the corridors and though the Doctor wasn't exactly famed for being sensible, some things were just a step too far."

because it is just such a perfect rendition of daft!Eight, with his mock-sensibleness and quirky logic. I just wanted to hug him. This chapter sounded very EDA-esque, in a good way- I haven't heard any Eighth Doctor audios, so I can't speak for them, but I liked this a lot.
Derek Metaltron chapter 2 . 3/3/2010
HA! A nice idea for a set of stories with one of what is probably the Doctor's oddest (and one of my favourite) companions. And considering that the Doctor's travelled with shape shifting penguins, Ice Warriors, drunk archaelogists, malfunctioning androids and Captain Jack Harkness, that's saying something. Charley and the Eighth Doctor were also spot on too.

Anyway if you're fancying any more possible 'Five Things' choices, I'll try and think of some meself. :)

Derek
celticfox chapter 1 . 3/1/2010
YES ROMANA YOU ARE SO AWESOME ILU.

Um.

I just love it when authors remember that the world-weary Lady President Romana of the Gallifrey series is also the fearless adventuress of the television episodes. And I love the way you emphasize her faults while not at all diminishing her awesomeness. And I'm sorry, but I really, really love stories where Romana decides she just doesn't want to get involved in the Doctor and the Master's drama and just goes off and is awesome by herself.

My favorite bit was probably the Romana&Four bit because you captured the dynamic of their relationship so perfectly.

You have just reminded me why I have a stupid crush on this character and you have done so brilliantly.

Although I do wish Leela could have survived too. :(