Reviews for Fall to Ruin One Day
I know this story is old as all get out, but I just silently wept next to my sleeping, bone weary husband for the better part of an hour. Bravo. Where do I even begin? Ugh, Alice! She's so easily written as the eye twitchingly annoying twit, but you've managed to capture the enthusiasm of canon Alice without me wanting to toss my tablet into a vat of boiling oil over and over-or at all, for that matter. Her life, her death-beautiful. I'm also not usually keen on flashbacks, but I found myself enjoying the parallel stories and even looking forward to the earlier bits wherein I didn't want to castrate Edward quite so much. I'll get to that in a moment, but first, I must say your Bella was a gem and a pleasure to read. And who DIDN'T own a long skinny tube of Revlon Colorstay in Raisin back in the day?! I so enjoyed reliving my youth through her. I think Iz and I would have been good pals in '95, though she was much cooler than me, as my docs we knockoffs from Target, haha. Hey, it was the best I could do at sixteen!
So we come to Edward. I have been in this relationship. I'm sure many woman have. You'll do anything, as long as it keeps the peace-as long as he's happy for the moment, all the while knowing that's all it'll be-a moment before you inevitably do something to screw it up again. It's fucked up, but I've always managed to be in that type of relationship with men. In many ways, that hasn't changed even with my husband. I tell you, for a moment I didn't know if you'd be able to pull off Edwards redemption, but somehow, you did. He truly came full circle.
Ugh, I won't bore you any longer, I just had to let you know this story will resonate with me for some time to come. I daresay, you did a damn fine job of throwing my bi-yearly crying schedule all out of whack. Once again, bravo.
vickyycullen chapter 18 . 1/2
Yeaaah 1996 was a good year - because I was born! Lol! Love this story! Reading again for like fifth time xo
dwright chapter 48 . 1/2
Loved the whole story- but what great ending. Thanks for writing.
stellaabigail1 chapter 9 . 12/26/2015
I read in a strange order. First I read all those flashbacks and now i just finished chapter 9. I'm disappointed that Bellas so easily giving in, but I also know that it's realistic, though annoying...
I hope to read more about Edwards time apart from bella (hopefully he was hurting)
drivingedward chapter 48 . 11/20/2015
Fabulous story! Loved it! Thank you so much for sharing your words with us! ️
Guest chapter 1 . 11/14/2015
worth rereading again and again!
dreamiedreamer chapter 18 . 11/14/2015
I am glad that Bella did not take Edward's response the wrong way, it was really naive of her if she thought that Edward would expose his private life like that, the press would have a field day with that message. A message like that should be for her ears only.
dreamiedreamer chapter 17 . 11/14/2015
I think the mistake that the eighteen year old Bella made was she put Edward on a pedestal and that in turn made her felt like she was not worthy for his attention. This made her constantly second guess herself and this type of response was not enough to substance a relationship in the long term. Edward's message made their situation more poignant, all these wasted years and longing on top of the heart break for both of them.
dreamiedreamer chapter 16 . 11/14/2015
The thing about asking for advice is they will always be somebody's opinion, somebody who is not you. At the end of day it should be Bella herself to decide whether Edward was worth the risk or she chose to forever wondering what if.
dreamiedreamer chapter 15 . 11/14/2015
Their longing for each other was jumping out of the page, especially Edward's, his regrets of letting Bella go. It was so sad, they wasted ten years.
dreamiedreamer chapter 14 . 11/14/2015
I love how you split each chapter into then and now, it certainly helps to pull the past and the present together in a very coherent sequence. It shows what had gone wrong then, how both Edward and Bella had mature through the years and what made it worked now.
tammy0208 chapter 48 . 11/11/2015
I just found this story yesterday and I really didn't think I was gonna like it but I'm so glad I stuck with it cause I loved it. I just wish Alice would have survived. She deserves some happiness. Thanks for sharing.
zeeber chapter 48 . 11/4/2015
I truly enjoyed reading this story. Thank you for sharing your words...brenda
lesuse chapter 24 . 11/3/2015
OMG - I'm reading this story for a second time, and I completely forgot that Carlisle was/is Edward's brother!
bella0609 chapter 2 . 10/24/2015
Why did she do that? She admits to us that she's not over him...
9,005 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »