Reviews for Fall to Ruin One Day
Guest chapter 23 . 9/27/2014
I thought The parallel story the past two chapters really did a nice job of showing how much she has grown in her confidence and ability to communicate what she wants and what she does not want. You take some of the sting out of a very difficult passage in their 1990's relationship by showing how healthy and good their affection is in the 2009 passages. When they do orgasm together it feels very fulfilling, despite how he and his father had made her feel in the past two chapters.
Patstew chapter 48 . 9/24/2014
Great story loved it! :D thanks
joice84 chapter 48 . 9/24/2014
great story! thanks for write !
Guest chapter 21 . 9/24/2014
If you wind up filling in the intervening years I wonder if there is a way to get more of Senator's story? I know Fall to Ruin is Izzy's POV and very much her story, her growth. So I guess that limits what can be done to shed light on him. But it's clear that he has experienced a great deal beyond his life as chronicled in the public. He has changed but why and in what ways beyond the clear change in his interactions with Izzy? We get tastes of that in this chapter but it is mostly in the context of his sexuality and relationships with women. What else has happened with him? Even his apartment in 2009 is a combination of public image space and then space filled almost entirely with a picture of them and statements to his career ambition. Is that the point - that his own identity and interests boil down to those two things, and how he balances between them? If so that is interesting in and of itself but I do wonder if that is how you see him as his creator or just how he fits into the story as it needs to be told so we do not lose the clarity of Izzy's experience. Maybe there is more to be told in the chapters ahead - looking forward to them.
Guest chapter 19 . 9/23/2014
I thought this was a very interesting
Alice chapter, starting with how she balances between her friendship with Izzy and defending/explaining her brother. But then her comment about needing to puke in the end - is that her sickness, is it just sisterly "ick thinking of you two having sex is gross" or is it her fear that they will both get hurt? I feel like she is rooting for them on one level but believes that it won't end well.
Guest chapter 18 . 9/23/2014
Drunk Izzy is one of the best parts is Fall to Ruin. But even before that I laughed out loud reading the "sure help yourself" line.
Guest chapter 17 . 9/21/2014
He really lets his guard down at Christmas. He seems vulnerable and almost her equal for the first time in their 99 story. Given how and why she leaves him I wonder how that comes undone? I don't remember from my first reading, and I'm looking forward to finding out. How much will it be their difference in life circumstances? How much his pursuit of his career? Does he withdraw or does he fail to see her as his partner and equal? Or is she too insecure, or just failing to focus on herself and her life beyond their relationship? I feel like you hint at all of the above in their present storyline but I really wonder which will be most at the forefront.
Guest chapter 15 . 9/18/2014
"And I want to look, but I can't look." I love this paragraph, funny and hot in equal measure. Also his shampooing her hair is both unexpected (at least I didn't see that coming) and at the same time feels natural, particularly on the heels off their talking about sex hair. Speaking of sex hair, never thought about that term applying to any type of hair after two people embrace and cry and lie together, but it fits. Good chapter!
Guest chapter 14 . 9/18/2014
Now that I'm re-reading. Your foreshadowing with Alice feels so clear. I missed it altogether the first time, but on re-reading I'm thinking you've done a pretty good job of setting up what is going to happen there. I wonder if I will feel the same about Carlisle and Edward as I get further into the story. You started hinting in that direction last chapter I think.

Guest chapter 12 . 9/16/2014
Portishead. It is pure sex in so many ways and I love how you describe their rhythm. But even better is her reaction to their music, acknowledging how alien it is while connecting with its natural appeal. For me you really capture everything that sets them apart from music that is difficult for the sake of being difficult.
Messy Bronze Hair chapter 48 . 9/14/2014
I really liked this story, even though the parts with Bella and Carlisle was slightly weird... Okay, honestly! That was just so wrong! Haha.

I liked the flashbacks each chapter had. But the story went on so fast. It was just sad, because there was moment when I was really confused!

But I liked this story, too bad that it was so short though!

Messy Bronze Hair
Guest chapter 9 . 9/14/2014
Reading that was hot
Need cold shower before Mass
Guest chapter 8 . 9/14/2014
Two things stick with me from this chapter - first, you have an effortless and natural ability to refer to Senator's cock without resorting to that word or its siblings. The euphemistic and indirect language seems to fit with Izzy's inexperience and hesitance.

Second, re-reading this time I really see from chapter to chapter how much goes unspoken between 2009 Izzy and Senator because they are both trying to guard their feelings. You offset their sparring against Izzy's own unwillingness to let him know how in love with him she still is, but Alice's comments about the Holidays already imply that he feels much for her that he is not willing or able to say directly. It's been long enough since the first time I read Fall to Ruin that I'm able to come along for that ride without too much memory of how it unfolds, and I'm finding their communication (or lack thereof) very believable.
Guest chapter 6 . 9/12/2014
I'm a guy and I don't know if you were going for specifically a female experience in that first kiss. But that one paragraph captured so much of what it felt like the first time I felt truly kissed. I was too busy being shocked/excited that it was actually happening to be embarrassed at my own inexperience or worried i would be bad at it. You captured it so well.
Guest chapter 3 . 9/11/2014
The last paragraph of this chapter didn't register the first time I read Fall to Ruin. This time it jumped right out at me. Is she saying that Senator is only around her because of baggage he can't live without, or is she making a much broader comment on her personal relationships? Both?
8,929 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »