Reviews for Fireflies
AlucardsCountess chapter 10 . 9/10/2012
Well, you have officially succeeded in slaughtering Yugi and Atem's characters and nearly ruined my love of blindshipping. -Gives fake applause.- Bravo.
yuyuyashasrain chapter 1 . 6/24/2012
That -is- adorable. :)
randomidiotperson chapter 10 . 3/5/2011
Wow . . . I have to say this story was awsome!

It is one of those stories you read and it leaves you with a feeling inside you . . . I love it . . . Thats all I can say . . .
TexasDreamer01 chapter 10 . 11/27/2010
*bemused* I can honestly say this is one of the best things I've ever read. Even if having Atem around throws a wrench in the canon works, maybe something along these lines of growing up would've happened to the group anyways? It's a bit creepy actually, since the entire show is pretty much a ghost story like Harry Potter. *can totally see Yugi in Italy*

brittney
TexasDreamer01 chapter 8 . 11/27/2010
...are we allowed to lynch the characters?

brittney
Epouvantable chapter 10 . 8/19/2010
Woot. That was just incredible. It was an angsty, confused mess and Atem and Yugi ended up together in an entirely different way than I expected. *deep breath*. However, it was still emotional and sweet and I kind of wanted to knock Yugi out. But in a good way. Sort of. Speaking of which, I want to congratulate you on writing an extremely OOC Yugi without it seeming out of place at all. In fact, I kind of just want to congratulate you on writing such an amazing series of oneshots. 'Twas excellent. XD
KeruKeru chapter 10 . 8/10/2010
You, my good friend, have answered my "prayer". Let me explain, I've be reading a lot of fics over the past few months and they all either have happy endings or no ending because the author has yet to finish them. I've been looking for a story with an unhappy ending and I got it from reading this fic. Okay, I know I sound a little weird, but you have to agree that an unhappy ending is good once in a while. I mean, it lets you know that not everything turns out how you want it to, no matter what you try to do to change that. I guess, what I'm trying to say, is thank you for this touching piece of literature that fulfilled my wish of finding an interesting story with an unhappy ending.
deactivated82940 chapter 10 . 6/21/2010
I wanted to reach in and slap them sometimes. In a good way.

This story, it's much more realistic than most stories are. And that's kind of why it's just so hard to be like 'zomg, loved it!'. Because I do like it. I do. It's just, it doesn't have a totally happy ending. I KNOW they're going to have a happy ending, and that they've all taken the steps into the right direction, but they had to go through so much just to get there, it leaves a bittersweet kind of taste.

So basically you're provoked a line of pensive thought that is hard to come by when reading fanfiction. Which is amazing.

I really like the format of this fic too, the one shots joining together, and making the story.

Looking forward to more works from you : )
Classy Abigail chapter 10 . 5/15/2010
You know a story was good when you feel shell-shocked and hollow after reading it. Haha, that sounds a bit bad, doesn't it? But it's true. There's a lot to refelect on here.

The character development was something else. You really weren't messing around when you said that you'd be damned if it wasn't difficult for them. It makes me hopeful that someday I could write even remotely this well.

Warm Regards,

Venus
s2Teennovelist chapter 10 . 3/25/2010
wow that was awesome! and your right i loved the realism, cuz that's how life is, you gotta keep going and exciting but i can understand why everyone acted the way they did. that was a god ending too, Atem and yugi may not "be together" but now its a new beginning, Yugi has a chance to start over and be himself again, you know Atem will always be there for him and it leaves a lot open. you're a great writer! and i must say i love your style.
Fictatious chapter 2 . 3/22/2010
As I was reading the latter part, I started picturing Atem noticing Yuugi because he starts singing the Mission Impossible theme or something awesomely dorky while he stalks.
Hikari-and-Yami chapter 1 . 3/13/2010
I cannot explain to you in words how much I loved this story. The realism is just amazing, and though they're were some chapters that I was like 'Yuugi, wtf are you doing?' I still loved the story as a whole. Excellent masterpiece you have on your hands here, which is why I nominated it this month for the BPS. Good luck!

Yuri
Creature of Habit chapter 10 . 3/12/2010
Wow. Quite a story. I must confess – not what I expected. I can never picture Yugi doing such things, nor can I Atem or Tea. But, that is just me personally, and I am not here to weigh you down with that. Besides, writing is all about free expression, artistic license, and exploring different points of view, is it not? )

I think you did a good job. Granted, I prefer the chapters before Yugi took that downward spiral. However, you had a story to tell, and I think you managed to do it well. Very well. The realism is refreshing. I admit it does not exactly agree with me – but I respect it, and I think you did an excellent job in capturing it.

You seem to be a very open-minded author in regard to feedback. It is my sincere hope you are not offended by what I have said, as I am in no way flaming you. Just being honest.

Would I read you again? Yes. )

Keep up the good work! .
Raexa chapter 10 . 3/6/2010
I'll be honest, I both loved and detested this story more than you can imagine but maybe I hated it because there are too many parallels in this to my own life that I'd rather not think of...

As a story it was original.. But too angsty for my taste I saw enough mistakes for it to be a bother but nothing too horrible :)

I swear I'm trying to be nice because I can value this as a good story even if I didn't like it O: I hope you do a sequel that's less angsty
YamiRisa chapter 1 . 3/1/2010
I don't know why, but I really like the way Yugi is in this story XD Nice chapter.. I'll continue with the story when I get home from school..