Reviews for Marlboro Red
Dysentery chapter 1 . 11/18/2015
Awesome
PastOneonta chapter 1 . 2/24/2014
Really good. An unexpected surprise, I don't know how I found this story. Very powerful in Leah's perspective on life on the Rez, family, Christmas, money, Sam, Emily. Jacob and Leah together has so much potential. Thanks for writing and leaving this posted for newer readers.
EdwardsMate4ever chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
This was so great...my two favorite pack characters. I thought the bear gift was hilarious and I'm glad leah came around :)
Lona W. Hall chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
This was a cute story...so much looming in their near future...
BeautifulMessenger chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
It is refreshing to read something so thought out and well written. Thank you! I thought the story was sweet and felt very real. It did seem to drag a bit, though. Nothing terrible, just I found myself wanting to skip ahead in places to find where the action is. Even so, there are plenty of good published novels that do this to me, too. :) So don't take it too hard. I loved it.
Siriusmunchkin chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
Another side of Leah.
chele681 chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
I have such a weakness for missing pieces of canon, and this did not disappoint. It is especially pleasing to see that you crafted this from a prompt which could be seen, at minimum, very challenging to retain canon characteristics.

Such a very realistic portrayal, with a bit of hope and possibility.

So very well done.
ChocolateChipFudgeyCookie chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
Uhm, hi again. This is the last time, I swear! Then I'll try to take a break from stalking your fics (try being the operative word here :P). Well, I saw Leah and Jake as the listed characters and I couldn't stay away because they're some of my favourites :D I liked how it was easy to distinguish that Leah hadn't phased yet, because in your fic she hasn't yet been consumed by the bitterness, trying to hide the fact she found the bear funny, and sticking up for Emily still. When I first started reading Leah fics, I was convinced she would hate Emily just as much as Sam, but I think I prefer the Leah who saves all her hate for Sam, because Sam is more to blame than Emily is (I am firmly convinced that the imprint can be fought if you want it enough) and he did maul her face after all. (Coincidentally, I don't think they made the scars prominent enough the movies, they just looked a bit faint to me!) Your Jake is adorable, of course and it's just so exasperating that Jake had to go imprinting on Nessie, because really, Jake and Leah would have made an awesome couple. But, it's nice to see a bit of what could have been. :)
dancelikeyoujustdontcare chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
I loved the sense of humour about the bear.. :L
JayLynn-wrtngdncr chapter 1 . 4/27/2010
Hm...*looks around suspiciously*...didn't Jake later also give a homemade carved wooden figure to a beautiful young lady named Isabella Marie Swan? Who Leah later on told Jake to vet away from, not to mention blowing up at her. Is someone jealous? She did always hate her...*HUGE smirk*...anyways...I feel like lots do, that Jake and Leah shouldve ended up together. But when you think REAL hard bout it...well they were meant to understand each other right? And i think we ALL know that most times those you think are your soulmates because they're so similar to you end up being impossible to be more than friends. Think about it. They'd still be pining after their married lost loves (cause when you think about it Sam and Bella are both married in BD when the conversation comes up) and I can't possibly see that working. But if Bella had never come...aw screw it. We all kno wat would have happened if Bella never showed, and they'd all still be in a hateful he'll hole ;-). I wouldn't wish that on those hotties. FYI I'm talking bout the dudes.
Justine Lark chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
Very well written, of course, and evocative. The only thing that bothers me is, if Leah is so intent on saving money that she calculates the cost of drink versus her wages, which I thought was a realistic and eloquent moment, why doesn't she consider that smoking is quite an expensive habit.
YukonGirl88 chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
I really liked this.
JacobFan chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
Nice story
duskwatcher2153 chapter 1 . 3/6/2010
Boy, you know its the details that get me. The tawdry Christmas decorations, the depressed economy with out the hikers, tourists and loggers. The suspicion that Leah might be a Mexican who's wandered up north. Its these details that settle you into a story and put you right there, on a frigid street corner in Forks in December. Its a much more realistic portrayal of the Quileutes than SM's sanitized version.

You used present tense in this one! I used to find present tense mildly annoying but I have now read several books and a couple of great fics where its been used and its starting to grow on me. There's an immediacy to it that seems to flow from it easier than past tense.

Anyway, another sparkling job! It makes me want to beg you to keep going, to hear this Leah's thoughts when she finds herself phasing. But I will content myself with moseying on over to your other story soon.

Another spendid job!
Openhome chapter 1 . 3/6/2010
This is the most creatively done canon piece I have ever read! For such a short piece, you have brilliantly created an in-depth look at two very complex characters. The hint of what could have been between the two of them is tantalizing. Thank you for showing rez life, and life in a small logging town for what it is, a beautiful trap for most of it's youth. (We have both logging towns and small reservations here in Wisconsin, and the bitter feeling of poverty and hopelessness is strong in both).

Your descriptive use of scenery and small actions to tell volumes about both the characters and their lives. Brilliant.

So, when will you get to writing your own?